Democrats of DART: Who is your nominee in 2024?

Author: ILikePie5

Total: 96
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@Bringerofrain
He is 100% anti-transhumanism, you are very mistaken about Yang's policies or in platform if you say that.
Bringerofrain
Debates: 7
Bringerofrain
I found somebody else wrote what I am having a hard time explaining here on reddit. I will copy paste it below.

The Wikipedia page for Technocracy outlines two of the basic tenants:
  1. Policy should be created by experts in a field.
  2. The scientific method should be applied to the legislative process.
The common misconception of the idea is that anyone from STEM or a “Tech Bro” in government is a technocrat. And that is where most of the negative connotations you see are coming from.
However, Andrew is a technocrat in the true sense of the word.
This is most noticeable in his policy to Automatically Sunset Old Laws. Most political talking heads assume that this the standard “we need less regulation” line that republicans keep bringing up, but that is not the case. Andrew is proposing that we set time bounded goals (Key Performance Indicators KPIs) for legislation to test their efficacy, and let those that do not work automatically remove themselves.
This is an application of the scientific method. Legislators create a hypothesis, and set a standard for success. If the experiment was successful then the law is kept in place.
I may make a post about this in the future. But for now realize that the term is scary to some people, because they do not understand it.

Bringerofrain
Bringerofrain
-->
@RationalMadman
Okay, this may be a more productive tract. Why do you think he is a technophobe?

I was assuming it is because he wants to create a BMI for when we are replaced with robots. Is that true or do you have some other reason to think this silicon valley guy is anti technology and anti transhumanists?
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Bringerofrain
No one is denying that Biden gaffes often, and has without question lost a few steps from even just over 8 years ago when he debated Paul Ryan. But considering that he has always been a gaffe machine and has struggled with stuttering his entire life, his decline is not far from what we would expect of any man approaching 80.

It’s not the recognition of this that I object to or even the insinuation that he may be suffering from the early stages of dementia, it’s the absurd notion that he “doesn’t know where he is” and that his campaign is hiding him from the public. It’s just plain stupid.

Smear campaigns work and this is yet another example. Biden will go out and give an interview sounding perfectly stable, perfectly coherent, and very knowledgeable, but people like yourself ignore it and reference the cherry picked highlights while claiming his coherence must have been the work of conspiracy or drugs. He goes out and does multiple public interviews and events, only for you to claim his team is hiding him from the public. Its unfalsifiable.

And since you claim that no campaign has ever done so much to keep their candidate from going off script... have you already forgotten the previous president? I’m curious if you have the same attitude towards him.
Bringerofrain
Bringerofrain
-->
@Double_R
Obama over relied on teleprompters, but no more than your average politician if that is who you are referring to. Obama spoke off the cuff a lot. 

Nobody doubts that Biden at 80 would obviously not be the Biden he was at 60, but yes they have been keeping him out of the press as much as possible. This isn't his normal gaffes or stutters.

I also never claimed anything like he doesn't know where he is. That's silly. He has early stage dementia not late stage.

How come we can accept that beauty queen mom's of 7 year olds give their daughter "go go juice" to make them more energetic on stage, but if you suggest a presidential candidate with the stake of the free world on his shoulders may take any and every advantage he can, you get people who are shocked.
I got news for you. The shit you see on camera is just for show. 

Maybe you were referring to Trump instead of obama. Trump seems to have the same mental sharpness as he always had. His problems are with his narcissism and hubris not with his cognitive abilities. 

Bringerofrain
Bringerofrain
Compare the amount of public appearances trump and Obama have made compared to biden by the way and tell me he isn't being hidden. Hell even Kennedy before the age of the internet was making more public appearances and speeches than biden. I assume half the time we see him and he isn't speaking it is probably a double. They treat that guy like fine China.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
Not a Democrat, but I've always liked Sherrod Brown [OH]
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Bringerofrain
They treat that guy like fine China.

Freudian slip perhaps?
Bringerofrain
Bringerofrain
-->
@Greyparrot
Yeah LOL. How can he defend his son winning those China jobs by his own merit and skills? He is no more qualified than a random schlub off the street. 
Bringerofrain
Bringerofrain
Seriously though, how is hunter biden seriously the most qualified person alive to be on the board of a a Ukranian energy company? 

Does everyone believe that the Ukranian company considered only his merit and not his connections? 

Bringerofrain
Bringerofrain
Thay isn't unusual in politics, the same thing happened with the positions in Trump's cabinet, but why do we pretend like when a kid is related to a politician we like, that they are being rewarded by companies for their merit?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Bringerofrain
I really don't have a beef with Trump's kids because they built their own businesses without government assistance, and you know Daddy Trump hates leeches.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@fauxlaw
Not a Democrat, but I've always liked Sherrod Brown [OH]
I like Jason Kander
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Greyparrot
How noble of them, they 'built from scratch' without any government assistance. Just pure grit and severely intelligent strategy to be born to the Trumps and get a tiny loan here or there and paid-for delegated managers of their businesses who do the running for them.

Ohhh so noble! Not a single cent from the government? Fuck!
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Bringerofrain
"let's put humanity first" (in the context of fighting both AI and the rich) is the slogan of his campaign.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Bringerofrain
You never did say that he doesn’t know where he is, but you did suggest that it would be shocking if he did the state of the Union speech. This is what I’m talking about. He gave a speech just a few days ago. He was perfectly fine. He gave a full interview last week. He was perfectly fine. But none of this matters. However literally you express it you portray him as someone who needs to be supervised and is just steps away from being admitted to a nursing home. That is what I find absurd and honestly quite irritating.

I understand that people use certain drugs, not only is there no evidence Biden is on any but more to the point it’s just used as an excuse. He grants a 45 min interview where he stutters once or at some point forgot what he was saying and it gets played on a loop on Fox News. If he gives a perfect interview then he was obviously on drugs. Whatever fits the narrative, that’s what it is. You say it’s obviously just being done for the cameras. When will we ever see Biden if not on camera? It’s an unfalsifiable caricature.

In the previous post I was referring to Trump. He without question showed significant mental decline but I was referring to your general attitude towards him. Aside from whether you approved of his crassness and narcissism, were you concerned about his mental fitness for the job?
Bringerofrain
Bringerofrain
-->
@Double_R
You don't have to make a gaffes every speech to have dementia. Especially since he is using ear pieces where he is fed a speech one sentence at a time or a teleprompter every single time that is very huge.

Why did he refuse to let the Trump team check him for an ear piece at the debate despite agreeing to allow it? That's basically a confession from him by the way. Why have we seen instances where the media is handed their questions by the Biden team, instead of maybe allowing Biden to be unscripted for a minute of answering questions? Why has Biden been input lic giving speeches less than Obama or Trump or even Bush or Clinton on the campaign trail? 

You are letting your bias for liberal policies affect you.

I can imagine the following is your mindset?

"I agree with Biden's policies so it is impossible for something I dislike to be true about him, also there is way less evidence of Reagan having dementia while in office but I agree he had it, because I hate his policies"

That is a dumb mindset. Having dementia is not even a character flaw,so treating it like one is silly on your part. 

I just wage the guy picked a competent vice president. Literally every person running against him for president was pretty competent and given his mental decline, we need a really good VP. 

I know you think I am a Republican (I am not) . Ask yourself why I can be unbiased and show the weaknesses of both sides, while you thi I every single bad thing about democrats in office is untrue and every single bad thing you hear about republicans is coincidentally true?

Don't be an idealogue bro that thinks Biden is a God who can do know wrong and has to be perfect.

Also I never said Biden was on Drugs. They only feed him adderall in moments where he is making a long public appearance or might have to speak off the cuff for a bit such as the debates. He isn't a drug addict, they probably only pump him up like twice a month and now that he is in office it will likely be once a month.

Ask yourself this. I'd he doesn't have mental decline why is he never unscripted, and only in public enough to keep us doubting his mental decline, but not anymore than that or even less at any point?

E

Bringerofrain
Bringerofrain
I looked at doubleR's post history. He believes zero negative things about liberals coming out of right wing media. He believes all negative things about Republican's coming out of left wing media and doesn't think for himself so agrees with every single left leaning policy and does not have a single policy view that could be described as right wing. 

That is called not being able to think for yourself and getting all your views from whatever left wing outlet he consumes tells him to believe. 

He is far from the only one on this site though and it crosses party lines. If you find yourself consuming any political piece, and not disagreeing with a single thing in it, especially when all your media comes from the same side of the political spectrum, you are an NPC. 

Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@Bringerofrain
assertions and boxes
Bringerofrain
Bringerofrain
-->
@Theweakeredge
Assertions like Biden is out in public less than Obama was. I don't know if anyone would disagree with my assertions. Are you arguing I am wrong and that biden makes more public appearances than Obama?
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Bringerofrain
Especially since he is using ear pieces where he is fed a speech one sentence at a time or a teleprompter every single time that is very huge.

Why did he refuse to let the Trump team check him for an ear piece at the debate despite agreeing to allow it? That's basically a confession from him by the way.

Why have we seen instances where the media is handed their questions by the Biden team, instead of maybe allowing Biden to be unscripted for a minute of answering questions?

Why has Biden been input lic giving speeches less than Obama or Trump or even Bush or Clinton on the campaign trail? 

"I agree with Biden's policies so it is impossible for something I dislike to be true about him, also there is way less evidence of Reagan having dementia while in office but I agree he had it, because I hate his policies"

Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Bringerofrain
Also - boxes
Bringerofrain
Bringerofrain
-->
@Theweakeredge
I literally don't know what you mean by boxes. Never heard that terminology.

He did refuse to let the Trump team prior to the debate check him for an ear piece so we can pretty conclusively draw he was wearing one. 

Also saying biden is in public less is backed up with evidence that he really is and everyone acknowledges this. Not even a controversial statement. Is your assertion that biden makes as many public appearances after the beginning of his campaign as Obama or Trump did? Hell even JFK who it is said 25% of the population saw him in public meaning they were there and saw him with their own 2 eyes

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Bringerofrain
Am I am NPC?

Btw if people are NPCs to you, you're probably narcissistic, schizophrenic or both.

For those who are confused, NPC refers to non-player characters that are automated in any game, especially in online roleplaying games.
Bringerofrain
Bringerofrain
-->
@RationalMadman
I wouldn't consider you one. You seem to have the ability for unique policy positions that stand outside of any specific programming.

I also think it's a mistake to say that NPC,s don't exist.

NPC would mean either philosophical zombies or those who have busy lives or are intellectually lazy so just accept whatever their programming tells them to as fact. 

Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Bringerofrain
Prove it. 

And boxes - you are putting a person in a box to dismiss their ideas, that is not "unbiased" 
Bringerofrain
Bringerofrain
-->
@Theweakeredge
Prove what? That biden makes more public appearances? Lol, what next prove that Abraham Lincoln was 16th president of the United States. Do my a favor, ask Double R who is debating me here if Biden is out in public less? 

It's dumb and common sense. How many rallies did Trim hold during the campaign compared to Biden? Not how large were they, but how many? How often did you watch CNN and see Trump speeches after winning the presidency and how often did you see Biden speeches. Actually give me 2 seconds I will find a liberal source that confirms this, sense you have difficulty trusting your own eyes
Bringerofrain
Bringerofrain
-->
@Theweakeredge
First result on google. Final 3 weeks of campaign trump made double the campaign stops as Biden. That is a liberal news site. Not that facts care if a liberal or conservative is speaking them. https://www.chicagotribune.com/election-2020/ct-donald-trump-joe-biden-campaign-trail-stops-20201102-soyoz6wxyjdcro2g6lwlnfsw6e-htmlstory.html

I also haven't put anyone in a box. I literally described Double R accurately. Check his post history. 

Trump was in public more, and so was Obama,so the massive amount of stops was not unique to the Trump campaign. 25% of Americans saw JFK in public. Campaigns typically want their candidate seen a lot. Biden was barely seen.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Bringerofrain
Everyone is a playable character, real life has no concrete stat or win condition other rhan perhaps net-calm and/or net-joy.

We all play our role, some are more outside the norm than others. Being consistently normal is not proof you aren't thinking, it just means you agreed or that the things you're thinking about and focusing on aren't really to do with politics and philosophy.

I agree with you that politics and philosophy actually objectively matter but I also understand that some level lf ignorance and focusing on what is happening on a day-to-day basis can help keep oneentally healthy to get by happily and calmly enough to stay stable.

Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Bringerofrain
You have sourced one of your claims, furthermore.... of course, the candidates should have done even less, why? Because we're in the middle of a pandemic. You haven't sourced the other 3 claims you made however.

Furthermore, one of the claims, was asserting what you thought RR was thinking, you are putting him into a box.

Your evidence: Hasn't been against left-leaning policies.... Okay? I haven't posted here that I think mass-genocide is wrong, does that give you an evidential warrant to say that I find nothing wrong with it?