Why Do Theists Have Lower IQs?

Author: Mandrakel

Total: 82
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Mandrakel
Not pussy footing, inevitably leads to oversights.
Mandrakel
Debates: 0
Mandrakel
-->
@Stephen
 You may well have done but YOUR thread title is a question that askes : Why Do Theists Have Lower IQs?  <<<<<<<<< that's a claim, that you have made? If you  had the brains it may have served you better to have dropped the "why" from your title and you may have not painted yourself into a corner.....IF you had the brains.
Why is the sky blue?
Why do chickens have legs?
Why do theists have lower IQs .....since the fact is that there are around 12,000,000 Google search results outlining resaearch studies carried out by qualified experts that confirm the fact that theists do have lower IQs.
You see, the reason why I did treat Lower IQs as a given is because it is an established fact. I did not establish the fact and jumping up and down like a spoilt brat won't change the fact. If theists extract their heads from the sand and comit themselves to promoting well-rounded education programs for kids then I have no doubt that the fact will change.

MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
You know the case against theism is bad when athiests devolve (ha get it?) the discussion into who would score better on an IQ test.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@Mandrakel
The answer to your question is that the average Theist takes ideas from authority more readily and less readily from their own mind's critical thinking capacity.

This tendency, when extended over many years of life vs the learning opportunities presented, results in a brain that has essentially barely ever gone to the gym so to speak vs one that regularly flexes itself and is ready to visualize links between different inputs, which is the type of thinking that IQ tests rely on measuring.

Typically, Theists think as a chore, trying to live life avoiding the need to think too much. Atheists tend to think as a hobby, sometimes overthinking but certainly thinking nonetheless.

Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@MisterChris
I find myself in agreement with you.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
I wonder if a study has ever been done on the number of neurons in a theist brain and in an atheist brain? And RationalMadman, why are you blocking me, we are soul brothers.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
You are blocking me.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Mandrakel
"More specifically, behavioral factor analyses do not provide an unambiguous model of the underlying cognitive architecture, as the factors themselves are inaccessible, being measured indirectly by estimating linear components from correlations between the performance measures of different tests. Thus, for a given set of behavioral correlations, there are many factor solutions of varying degrees of complexity, all of which are equally able to account for the data. This ambiguity is typically resolved by selecting a simple and interpretable factor solution. However, interpretability does not necessarily equate to biological reality. Furthermore, the accuracy of any factor model depends on the collection of a large number of population measures. Consequently, the classical approach to intelligence testing is hampered by the logistical requirements of pen and paper testing. It would appear, therefore, that the classical approach to behavioral factor analysis is near the limit of its resolution."

BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@fauxlaw

YOUR STEPPING IN POO QUOTE AGAIN IN POST #29: "This is a common Bible-bashing attitude; to single out a single verse. I suggest understanding the context; it helps to determine complete meaning. The conditions of discussion with the young rich man are not speaking to a crowd, but to a single individual. "

Oh I get it, then facetiously when using your "context" analogy shown above, then when Jesus spoke ONLY to Thomas as a single individual in the verse below, then only Thomas will come to the Father through Jesus and no one else!  Thomas said to him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?”  Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14: 5-6

Deducing it down to its irreducible primary, then using your analogy above, and since Jesus has not spoken directly to you, as in the alleged rich man single individual scenario about salvation, then you are headed to the burning sulfur lakes of Hell upon your demise, sorry! GET IT BIBLE FOOL? HUH?  2+2=4.

NOW, WITHIN CONTEXT OF MATTHEW 19:

Verse 16:  "And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?" Jesus then says to the man to keep the Commandments. Then the man stated in verse 20: "The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?" Since this man has kept the commandments, THEN JESUS SAID THIS in verse 21: "Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me." After Jesus said this to the man then this is said in verse 22: "But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions." THEREFORE YOU BLATANT BIBLE FOOL, this could mean ANYONE then and now, and not just the man that wasn't known to be rich until AFTER Jesus said to sell his possessions, GET IT?  Your Bible stupidity and ignorance has no bounds whatsoever!

Oh, instead of RUNNING AWAY again, you have a lot of catching up to do at the following link pertaining to Jesus passages that I have directed towards you because of your position of calling the Bible a FRAUD, calling Jesus a LIAR, and as if this wasn't enough, you call the Christian faith as DISHONEST!

I'll be waiting to discuss the FACT that you have runaway 18, count em, 18 times as shown in the link above because of the ungodly aforementioned propositions you made in being the biggest mistake you could ever make as being an assumed Christian within this forum, bar none!

fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
The flies are buzzing again.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Why do you do as you do? Obviously you aren't the typical "Christian" and I would hazard to presume that you don't believe in god at all - or at least not in the Abrahamic one - but the fact of the matter is that your way of presenting flaws in theological reasoning is not effective, so why do you still do it?
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@fauxlaw

FAUXLAW, the runaway from biblical axioms, and now the #1 Bible fool upon this forum, and the #1 record holder of running away from godly posts, and who has called Jesus a LIAR many times at the expense of committing the Unpardonable Sin, and goes against Jesus in taking care of the poor, says that the Bible is a FRAUD, and calls the Christian faith as dishonest,  and has run away from 18 posts to him in one thread,

YOUR GRADE SCHOOL PITIFUL RESPONSE TO MY POST #39 MAKING YOU THE CONTINUED BIBLE FOOL AGAIN: "The flies are buzzing again."

Huh? That's it? Talking about throwing in the towel of defeat again, this quote of yours is the perfect example of this notion! Listen, as if you being the #1 runaway from substantiated Biblical axioms wasn't enough, you see that I owned your complete Bible stupidity in my post #39, and the only thing you could weasel out was "The flies are buzzing again?"  ROFLOL!!!  OMG, how flustering can you get relative to your assumed faith?  Priceless.

I'll just add another runaway from biblical axioms link to your ever growing list of total and complete EMBARRASSMENT in front of the membership within this forum.  Of note, you are up to 67 and counting, how proud you must be for this ungodly recognition, where the irony is that you want to be called a Christian, NOT!

NEXT BIBLE FOOL EQUAL TO FAUXLAW WILL BE .... ?  WAIT, THERE IS NO PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN AS BIBLE FOOLISH AND IGNORANT AS FAUXLAW, NEVER MIND!

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Theweakeredge

Theweakeredge,

YOUR WANTING AND CIRCULAR REASONING QUOTE: "Why do you do as you do? Obviously you aren't the typical "Christian" and I would hazard to presume that you don't believe in god at all - or at least not in the Abrahamic one - but the fact of the matter is that your way of presenting flaws in theological reasoning is not effective, so why do you still do it?"

You state that my way of presenting flaws in theological reasoning is not effective, then give me 3-4 examples, because at this juncture, you are assuming as a premise, the conclusion in which you wish to reach, get it?

BEGIN:

Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Would you like me to list the number of theists you've successfully convinced alphabetically? Because I could do that real easily - zero - especially not Fauxlaw. 
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Theweakeredge

Theweakeredge,

YOUR QUOTE THAT YOU HAVEN'T DONE YET: "Would you like me to list the number of theists you've successfully convinced alphabetically? Because I could do that real easily - zero - especially not Fauxlaw."

YES, and by all means, list ALL of them alphabetically.

BEGIN:

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@BrotherDThomas
@Theweakeredge
Edge has been more convincing in a single line than in your total... verbosity. Your arrogance as if you can command any of us to "BEGIN" some enterprise at your command. Stuff it. You command not one jot or tittle other than yourself, and I wonder how much control is even there. Not much as you cannot seem to contain yourself.  You can't even ban me. How pathetic is that?

Edge: thank you.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@BrotherDThomas
The ones you've been able to convince? That's impossible because you haven't convinced a single theist of their fault. I encourage you to try to think of one you've been able to convince. Go ahead, have a field day.

You see -despite the fact that we agree that the Abrahamic god is wrought with contradictions and immoral behavior- I am not inclined to agree with the way you attempt to come to your conclusions. While some of them are quite well reasoned, your rhetoric is abrasive, sometimes contradicting, and rather indicative of a propensity for harassment. There are better ways to convince people, such as Socratic questioning, and you need to at least try to employ them. What you do instead is convince theists to look at a religious or theist critical person with contempt. 

And unless that is your goal - which, in retrospect, would be brilliant - you have failed. 
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@fauxlaw
Hmm - I have no issues contesting something which I believe to be dishonestly motivated - that's the only way you can stay intellectually honest in my opinion. 
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@fauxlaw

FAUXLAW, relative to your quote in your running away post #46, and to have validity in what you said, address the following post that you embarrassingly ran away from, understood? To save you time, I have posted it again below.  ADDRESS YOUR BIBLE STUPIDITY BELOW, OR FOREVER BE KNOWN OF RUNNING AWAY FROM BIBLICAL AXIOMS, AND THEREFORE YOUR FAITH AS WELL, GET IT BIBLE FOOL?

BEGIN:

YOUR STEPPING IN POO QUOTE AGAIN IN POST #29: "This is a common Bible-bashing attitude; to single out a single verse. I suggest understanding the context; it helps to determine complete meaning. The conditions of discussion with the young rich man are not speaking to a crowd, but to a single individual. "

Oh I get it, then facetiously when using your "context" analogy shown above, then when Jesus spoke ONLY to Thomas as a single individual in the verse below, then only Thomas will come to the Father through Jesus and no one else!  Thomas said to him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?”  Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14: 5-6

Deducing it down to its irreducible primary, then using your analogy above, and since Jesus has not spoken directly to you, as in the alleged rich man single individual scenario about salvation, then you are headed to the burning sulfur lakes of Hell upon your demise, sorry! GET IT BIBLE FOOL? HUH?  2+2=4.

NOW, WITHIN CONTEXT OF MATTHEW 19: 

Verse 16:  "And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?" Jesus then says to the man to keep the Commandments. Then the man stated in verse 20: "The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?" Since this man has kept the commandments, THEN JESUS SAID THIS in verse 21: "Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me." After Jesus said this to the man then this is said in verse 22: "But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions." THEREFORE YOU BLATANT BIBLE FOOL, this could mean ANYONE then and now, and not just the man that wasn't known to be rich until AFTER Jesus said to sell his possessions, GET IT?  Your Bible stupidity and ignorance has no bounds whatsoever!

Oh, instead of RUNNING AWAY again, you have a lot of catching up to do at the following link pertaining to Jesus passages that I have directed towards you because of your position of calling the Bible a FRAUD, calling Jesus a LIAR, and as if this wasn't enough, you call the Christian faith as DISHONEST! 

I'll be waiting to discuss the FACT that you have runaway 18, count em, 18 times as shown in the link above because of the ungodly aforementioned propositions you made in being the biggest mistake you could ever make as being an assumed Christian within this forum, bar none!

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Theweakeredge

Theweakeredge,

YOUR QUOTE THAT YOU HAVE NOT FULLY ADDRESSED: "The ones you've been able to convince? That's impossible because you haven't convinced a single theist of their fault."

Correct me if I am wrong, but you were to list alphabetically the ones that I have not convinced, therefore I am still waiting with your circular reasoning response.  

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Theweakeredge
Totally agree
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@BrotherDThomas
The fact that you falsely identified my wild syllogism is enough to ignore your presence; however, the fact that you have not convinced a single theist means that there is no list
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@fauxlaw

YOUR QUOTE TO WEAKEREDGE: "Totally agree."

First thing, have you addressed the following post/link to give validity to your runaway post #46 as embarrassingly shown below for you, and if not, WHY?

Secondly, or when you stated to the Weakeredge "Totally agree" you were referring to the blatant FACT that you runaway from biblical axioms ad infinitum as so embarrassingly shown below, of which, you are now up to 70 runaway posts and counting!
https://www.storyblocks.com/video/stock/large-group-of-friends-celebrating-in-a-bar-together-while-watching-something-like-a-game-or-television-h2j40hyhfjcx4drvo

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
Still flies
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Hey Thomas, why you runnin? You mad bro?
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Theweakeredge

YOUR QUOTE: "The fact that you falsely identified my wild syllogism is enough to ignore your presence; however, the fact that you have not convinced a single theist means that there is no list"

Syllogism or not, and therefore for you to make an EXACT statement in which you were to do a listing alphabetically of the alleged pseudo-christians that I have not convinced to leave the faith, and which you embarrassingly did not perform, and that you ran away from like FAUXLAW does to substantiated Biblical axioms, is opening yourself up to ridicule to an Atheist in a Religion Forum, understood?  Furthermore, are you omnipotent like the serial killer Jesus in knowing beyond any doubt whatsoever that I have not convinced a pseudo-christian in the manner in question, NO YOU ARE NOT OMNIPOTENT, therefore adding more proverbial egg to your face!

When easily dealing with Bible inept pseudo-christians like FAUXLAW, it is not persuading them, but to show how Bible stupid they are where when they run away from same, where that is enough to show that they should leave their faith because they cannot answer or defend it (Titus 1:9) and remain intelligent looking in the aftermath, get it?

To the Bible stupid, like FAUXLAW, Tradesecret, ethang5, et al, Jesus has given me an example to follow in how to deal with these minions of Satan, and that was the way He acted in a "take no prisoner" situation as shown herewith: "When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. In the temple courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father’s house into a market!” His disciples remembered that it is written: “Zeal for your house will consume me.” (John 2: 13-17)

In you ignoring my presence is no loss because there are too many pseudo-christians to deal with in this forum to begin with, whereas I don't have the time to school Atheists as well in not embarrassing themselves like you did to add fodder against them to the pseudo-christian element within this forum.

Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@BrotherDThomas
What are you talking about? Are you unable to comprehend basic reasoning? There are no theists you've convinced, therefore it is literally impossible to make a list  - it was a rhetoric question.

Simply showing something like that is... its useless, if you have no conclusion to reach, you are the equivalent of a 12 year old saying, "I told you so," it achieves nothing.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@fauxlaw

FAUXLAW, the runaway from biblical axioms, and now the #1 Bible fool upon this forum, and the #1 record holder of running away from godly posts, and who has called Jesus a LIAR many times, and goes against Jesus in taking care of the poor, says that the Bible is a FRAUD, and calls the Christian faith as DISHONEST,  and has run away from 18 posts to him in one thread alone,

YOUR RUN AWAY QUOTE TO MY POST #53: "Still flies."

YES! I am glad that you agree that flies are around you because of the fact that you continue to step in the proverbial poo all the time by making totally Bible ignorant statements, and where Jesus and I have to correct you again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, praise Jesus for your enlightenment!

Even when you slip on your Freudian, and as seen above, you will learn from it!  Yep, like shooting fish in a barrel when easily confronting you!

NEXT?

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
The party of the pounding part is just adding to my stats. Makes no sense, but is it even aware? Well, it's certainly not by invitation, and, frankly, is a waste of space of any kind.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Theweakeredge

Theweakeredge,

YOUR EXACT QUOTE, PERIOD: "Would you like me to list the number of theists you've successfully convinced alphabetically? Because I could do that real easily - zero - especially not Fauxlaw."

Barring your child like oxymoronic statement, you still didn't perform it's outcome, period, whereas the term ZERO is not in any way an absolute in you now trying to dig out of your embarrassment of making a false statement like this, in that you are not omnipotent as I have shown you in my post #56, to know for sure that I didn't persuade a Bible inept pseudo-christian to change, DO YOU UNDERSTAND, OBVIOUSLY NOT!

Therefore, why dig yourself into a deeper hole in front of the membership? Learn the way FAXULAW does in situations like this, use any number of grade school non sequiturs to try and save face, and hope that the person you are using them upon, which would never be me, doesn't realize that you did not address the topic at hand, but instead, you ran away from it!  

If you want to give Atheists a bad name, then continue in your vein of trying to dig yourself out of the hole that you dug for yourself: ""He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made."  (Psalms 7:15)