RM Mafia - Kakegurui theme (replacing my PotC theme, this is a retry at a game)

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 48
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
It's 5v1v1 or 4v2v1, I'll leave it unrevealed which is the case.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Oh, I thought you had it ready and we’re just waiting till Thursday. Forget what I said lol
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
Would you give out roles five days early when someone else still can sign up?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Would you give out roles five days early when someone else still can sign up?
I assumed your game was made and it was a 7 player game. I interpreted it as we’re waiting for Whiteflame’s availability 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
yes we are and in the meantime another player might join but we will see, also who has Discord and who doesn't? Is there meant to be another way for scum to communicate?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Everyone has Discord to my knowledge. Dunno about Earth tho, you’d have to ask him specifically 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Earth
@Lunatic
@Vader
@Bullish
@ILikePie5
Within the next 24 hours, I'll be sending roles.

Signups are locked-in now, including the time-delayed signup of Whiteflame.

The game will begin Thursday at some time, I don't know exactly when. Communication channels will already open though, everyone should plan ahead, I will be using MafiaScum roles.

Please have a Discord account ready, don't just hope you're non-communicating.

The setup will be 4v1v2

It is balanced, I am quite certain and have carefully ensured it. I will justify after the game how each alignment had equal odds to win.

5v1v1 is too townsided unless I flood with vanillas and that's boring.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@whiteflame
@MisterChris
Please see the above message.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman

See here for all the possible roles, I have not gone for anything Bastard.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I have randomised both lists (characters and players) in separate instances and lined them up.

I screenshotted both on Random.Org with timestamped proof, I will reveal it at the end of the game.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
@Vader
@whiteflame
@ILikePie5
@MisterChris
Game has not begun, this is pregame prep phase.

The theme split is abstract, do not expect every character to stereotypically fit their alignment or even role (though some will/might).

The images you have been sent after your role PMs do not matter too much in the same way that specific sentences don't matter in a role PM.

You are 100% disallowed to link the URLs of images of the characters in-game other than the specific ones of the fandom wiki(s) as I haven't used them.

Treat the image you have like specific wording inside the role PM, you should feel free to describe it perhaps even more detailed than your PM but never show it directly, not even trying to draw it and showing that. There are one or two commonalities between the images Town members received vs what the scum did. This was calculated to be difficult but not impossible to solve, there are many misleading commonalities and differences. I incorporated this to give 4v1v2 Town a real chance at eliminating scum day one, this game is going to be cutthroat.

Lunatic is Yumemi (family name Yumemite, yes that similar) the Superstar/Celebrity. He is role-confirmed only, his alignment isn't revealed/naked.

The role (or flavouring of role) means he is essentially the role version of what alignment is to the Innocent Child.

Your thinking about the characters and setup can start now, let's use the time Whiteflame has requested as making it worth what I assure you is a complex/cryptic setup and theme-split.

This is officially my first ever hosted mafia game in history of debating sites, I am new and experimenting, please bear with me.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Earth
@Bullish
See above.

THE GAME HAS NOT BEGUN, this is pregame prep phase.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Bullish
Debates: 0
Bullish
anime was a mistake
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Bullish
Cvnt nuggets were not a mistake
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I am assuming everyone is able to watch the series in some way, you won't be able to catch the theme-splite solely from the fandom Wikias, in my opinion.

The theme-split is abstract to the point where you could argue the game is themeless, however after it is over, I will explain what it was.

The theme has 2 separate layers to it (actually 3 but one is very unlikely to be noticeable at all).

It can be anything from the following (or even something not mentioned):

• Stoic approach to gambling vs Nihilistic
  • Passionate approach to gambling vs Calculated
  • Willingness to cheat vs Apprehension
  • Neutrality on cheating vs Singular approach
  • Psychopathic traits vs Empathetic traits
  • Deceptive demeanour vs Honest demeanour (matching the real self)
  • Tendency to win when gambling vs Tendency to lose
  • Having no clear allegiances vs Clear allegiances
  • Embracing defeat vs Avoiding defeat
  • Loathing risk vs Adoring risk
  • Having ever participated in cheating vs Having not done so
  • Having actively stopped cheating vs Having noticed it but consistently not directly stopped it
  • Tendency to conform vs Tendency to stand out
  • Having gambled and/or cheated on behalf of someone else vs Having never done so
  • Having exposed cheaters at any point in the series vs Having never done so.
These are some core concepts.

I promise you the theme-split is not something as simplistic as Council vs non-Council or merely family vs non-family, the theme-split is something abstract. I have designed the split such that it is viable for town to accidentally correctly lynch Day 1 based on a false concept of the theme, this is to make it fair.

The same idea goes for the images, the images are not clear on what they have in common at all, I even made sure that the 4 town have quite a few exceptions where 3 have something in common while 1 does not.

There are 2 true commonalities in the images and they are both subtle indeed, requiring a lot of discussion. One is less subtle than the other.

There are 3 or 4 commonalities in images in actuality but the thirdparty has been granted 2 of them being the same as town with the other 2 not.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@whiteflame
Can it start on Wednesday evening?
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@RationalMadman
If you’re fine with me being entirely absent that night, sure. I’ll be flying back home and arriving late enough that I won’t bother hopping into any D1 discussion.