Posts in total: 32
  • zedvictor4
    zedvictor4 avatar
    Debates: 15
    Forum posts: 4,183
    zedvictor4 avatar
    zedvictor4
    --> @fauxlaw
    Corrected....... LOL was not truly representative of my level of amusement.

And I appreciate you recollections.

Did you ever read Cider with Rosie, by Laurie Lee?......One of my favourite books....One of my favourite authors. 

Perfectly captures the intensity of that first encounter.....Something that can never be surpassed....Well, in my opinion.

There was an excellent film adaptation too.
  • fauxlaw
    fauxlaw avatar
    Debates: 60
    Forum posts: 2,888
    fauxlaw avatar
    fauxlaw
    --> @zedvictor4
    Nope, not familiar with Cider, but I looked it up. looks like a good story. Dummy me, I assumed Laurie is a girl until getting further into the review. Few Yanks name their sons Leslie, but it is known. Laurie, I've never encountered as a male name. But, what's in a name, some Brit once said.
    Kidding. This is an avid fan of the Bard.
  • Polytheist-Witch
    Polytheist-Witch avatar
    Debates: 1
    Forum posts: 2,275
    Polytheist-Witch avatar
    Polytheist-Witch
    --> @zedvictor4
    Why was I tagged in this?
  • zedvictor4
    zedvictor4 avatar
    Debates: 15
    Forum posts: 4,183
    zedvictor4 avatar
    zedvictor4
    --> @Polytheist-Witch
    I posed a consideration relative to some of your previous comments.
  • Theweakeredge
    Theweakeredge avatar
    Debates: 25
    Forum posts: 2,902
    Theweakeredge avatar
    Theweakeredge
    --> @fauxlaw
    We've already discussed the lack of valid numbers their bud - I do recognize that source. Furthermore - that was the case, but after Trump's policies we saw a re-engagement in rhetoric regarding abstinence-only sex education:
    "The Trump administration continues to shift the focus towards abstinence-only education, revamping the Teen Pregnancy Prevention Program and increasing federal funding for sexual risk avoidance programs.  Despite the large body of evidence suggesting that abstinence-only programs are ineffective at delaying sexual activity and reducing the number of sexual partners of teens, many states continue to seek funding for abstinence-only-until-marriage programs and mandate an emphasis on abstinence when sex education is taught in school. There will likely be continued debate about the effectiveness of these programs and ongoing attention to the level of federal investment in sex education programs that prioritize abstinence-only approaches over those that are more comprehensive and based on medical information."

• fauxlaw
    fauxlaw avatar
    Debates: 60
    Forum posts: 2,888
    fauxlaw avatar
    fauxlaw
    --> @Theweakeredge
    I recognize that source, too. -That I disagree with the source, and its criticism of Trump [because everybody just camps on, don't they?] is well documented. We're going to argue this indefinitely, but I don't see the point. Agree to disagree. I'm done.
  • Theweakeredge
    Theweakeredge avatar
    Debates: 25
    Forum posts: 2,902
    Theweakeredge avatar
    Theweakeredge
    --> @fauxlaw
    Whatever you say bud.