School systems should include abstinence on par with contraception

Author: fauxlaw

Total: 43
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Theweakeredge
I recognize that source, too. -That I disagree with the source, and its criticism of Trump [because everybody just camps on, don't they?] is well documented. We're going to argue this indefinitely, but I don't see the point. Agree to disagree. I'm done.
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@fauxlaw
Whatever you say bud. 

16 days later

Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@fauxlaw
Sex-education should be handled by parents, and not some public-indoctrination apparatus.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Athias
frankly, I agree. That many parents abdicate that responsibility, including my own,  it needs to be done by somebody. Personally, my best friend, the next-door neighbor girl, and I, at 7, figured it out for ourselves - at least the broad strokes.

19 days later

HalianRonaldo
Debates: 0
HalianRonaldo
-->
@fauxlaw
I think No. Because It's depends on multiple factors like age, will and financial status and many more. Situation will be different for everyone. There will be proper law to deal it issue nicely.  Because this time, you need to improve your financial situation for this you need a least stressful well paying job. If you're financial well and can handle then you can think about. 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@HalianRonaldo
I don't see how relative financial situation dictates parental responsibility. What's the connection. I may be blind to it, because I grew up in upper middle class, and I've improved on that myself. Still, I had to figure it out myself because in my formative years of education, we were taught real stuff, not coddled. In my generation, parents were expected to teach sex education, or we did it ourselves. This is nonsense to expect society to do it. Parental abdication is one reason why society is so screwed up. That state simoly cannot do this. Government does not make anything, and should be involved in personal lives to that degree.

390 days later

sadolite
sadolite
Abstinence can be taught in 3 sentences. If you want a 100% guarantee that you wont get someone pregnant or get pregnant, don't have sex. Any and all birth control is a roll of the dice, it might work it might not. If you are not prepared to raise a child you have no business having sex.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@sadolite
And the terrorists should not have crashed in 9/11. Not everything is ideal. You are essentially telling people who are exactly the age that is being designed to have sex to not have sex, that is gonna take much more than 3 sentences.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
It would seem that by advocating gay sex, we are inadvertently promoting a reasonable alternative to procreational sex.

And it's increase in popularity would seem to indicate an uptake in the idea.

Something to be said for liberalism.

Or we could go back to self flagellation.

Or some sort of device that quickly induces orgasm.

Schools and colleges and orgasm salons could provide this service.

Instead of attempting to suppress the unsuppressable.

We should be openly promoting the idea of self satisfaction and other methodologies that don't involve procreational outcomes.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@zedvictor4
Or, I believe, we can just find more effective ways of contraception(or even keeping a growing fetus after it has been aborted), so there is no pressure.

That is gonna take a hell long of time, but I am sure that this way could work.
rama
rama
it is upto the child and legal age .
 and it is upto the guardian to protect there off springs .

there is a boundary line of  freedom where society agreed to produced contraceptive .
it is highly ashming that a school is in requirement of such pills 
and it is ashaming that the older are in constant state of protection .

248 days later

hey-yo
Debates: 24
hey-yo
There needs to be cohesion in providing truthful honest content about abstinence and the support there after.

Many people think abscinence is "just say no," but there is complexity to it. You have to understand your body and conciously recognize moments to stay away from, like a cliff. 

For women, practices to understand menstral cycle and recognize when the body is doing what can help determine when a woman is more fertile vs less fertile. Combined with contraceptives this would be great. 
hey-yo
Debates: 24
hey-yo
248 days later.  Oops
Good news, this isnt like a zombie movie