Gender Dysphoria and Mental Illness

Author: Theweakeredge

Total: 132
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@Theweakeredge
Do you think I'm transphobic?  If so, state your reasons why. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
@Theweakeredge.

I was interested to see that you are still grinding your own personal axe.

And you block because others disagree with you.

Yet, you cannot ignore others.

So perhaps you are not so confident of your own knowledge.

And books are, as we want them to do.

And you're kind of a crazy mixed up kid.

Youthful dysphoria....We've all had attacks of that.

Hormones.....Can't live without them.

Gametes....Dictatorial little buggers.
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@zedvictor4
No - I block people for being intellectually dishonest. See Fauxlaw - we disagree on almost EVERY POSITION - yet I have NEVER blocked him. Stop projecting Zed
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@coal
Implicitly so - yes - you quite literally called gender incongruence, in general, a "fetish" (gender identity and sexual identity don't correlate)
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Theweakeredge
I think recognizing transgendered sets a dangerous precedent.  If someone who was known as a man comes out as a woman, does this make it acceptable for a 52 year old man to identify as a 6 year old girl?  If it does, then tens of millions of American adults would identify as a minor in order to avoid having to work, which would destroy the economy.  If a bunch of high named scientists said that some adults feel like children, should society treat those adults as children and as a result, let them not work?

This precedent set by trans allies and many people who claim to be trans I think is a dangerous precedent.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Theweakeredge
No - I block people for being intellectually dishonest. See Fauxlaw - we disagree on almost EVERY POSITION - yet I have NEVER blocked him. Stop projecting Zed
My sincerity is beyond your epistemological limits.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheUnderdog
then tens of millions of American adults would identify as a minor in order to avoid having to work,
This is a logical leap of ludicrous proportions.

Identifying as a six year old won't gain you any advantages.

Six year olds can still be tried as adults in a court of law, solely at the judges discretion.

You won't be allowed to work anywhere.

And nobody is going to take care of you unless you have a fully paid up health insurance policy, in which case they might treat you like a mentally handicapped person and throw in the looney bin until your money runs out.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Theweakeredge
Look at your pedantics. Once you start taking yourself seriously, perhaps I'll respond to your points. 
You seem to be suggesting that you can know someone's "true gender" by simply looking at them.

You're making the logical leap that just because you believe "a doctor" can "run some tests" and determine someone's "reel-troo-geandar"  that somehow makes you also able to somehow, without any of the knowledge, equipment, or private access of "a doctor", you still think that somehow, you can determine someone's "reel-troo-geandar".

Sure, "a doctor" might be able to determine my "reel-troo-geandar", sure, ok, fine.  No problem.

But that information is covered by MEDICAL PRIVACY RIGHTS.

YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO "NEED TO KNOW".

THE STATE HAS ABSOLUTELY NO "NEED TO KNOW".

There is no, and can be no law that makes it illegal for a man to wear makeup and a dress in public.

There is no, and can be no law that makes it illegal for a woman to wear flannel shirts and work-boots and cut their hair short.

And while some women look like men disguised as women and some men look like women disguised as men, THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@coal
Do you think I'm transphobic?  If so, state your reasons why. 
I would never try to "label" you as something you did not "self-identify" as.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@TheUnderdog
um... no - gender identity and age aren't at all related. They have nothing to do with one another. 
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@3RU7AL
Fine then - you seem  to be intellectually dishonest based on the preponderance of evidence. Happy?
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@3RU7AL
What the actual fuck are you talking about? none of this has ANYTHING to do with any of my points. I have literally not mentioned this ONCE until you said something about it. Why is there is any need for a scanner in restrooms? Again, its all disingenuousness with you. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Theweakeredge
Do you agree that people should be able to choose their own personally preferred washroom?

Do you agree that the police have absolutely no authority to tell someone which washroom they must visit?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Theweakeredge
Fine then - you seem  to be intellectually dishonest based on the preponderance of evidence. Happy?
ecstatic
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@3RU7AL
interesting question.... if a tad irrelevant. Um, as far as I was aware, restrooms aren't enforced by police....? Like not even a fine, in fact, the legislation trying to put that in has been opposed at every step. So - no police shouldn't be able to stop people from going into different restrooms. Generally, people use the restroom of the gender they identify with (at least I think they should be able to) for general ettiquite. But I wasn't aware you could be like... fined or even removed for going to the wrong restroom. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Theweakeredge
But I wasn't aware you could be like... fined or even removed for going to the wrong restroom. 
Even if there is no specific law in your district, people will call the police, and the police will ask you to leave.

And if you refuse, the police can arrest you for "disorderly conduct" or "creating a public disturbance".
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@3RU7AL
Identifying as a 6 year old means the state provides for you like they do for any 6 year old without parents willing to take care of them.  Then you don’t have to work.

Six year olds can still be tried as adults in a court of law, solely at the judges discretion.

The judges would see the 52 year old man as a 6 year old, out of the fear of being labeled, “trans age phobic” or whatever term is used.  Then the judge would take care of this man for the rest of his life on the taxpayer’s dime.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Theweakeredge
I fail to see the difference.  If someone can change their gender at will, can they also change their age at will?  If not, what’s the difference?
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@3RU7AL
Can... can you source that for me? Because it seems that none of that actually appears in legislation. To be clear - it is more than possible that police step over the line (they do that a lot), I just need a source cuz I'd never heard of a police actually doing that before. 
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@TheUnderdog
Um... because transgender people don't change their gender - I mean  -they can transition their phenotypes to match their gender-  but that isn't the same thing. Furthermore, no - age is just how long your body has been like around - and how long your brain has developed neurally - now - there are people who go through extreme accidents and their age is lost - but that's radically different from a gender identity-  which is the experiential neurology that determines how you process and interpret data. The two things literally can't be compared - and you claiming they can be is a claim - please substantiate it. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@TheUnderdog
Age is ongoing.

Physical gender is defined a few days after conception.

And transgender is largely a modern affectation relative to a variety of influences........Theories vary relative to how one discriminates

As ever....Naturally occurring developmental aberrations  do occur.

And mental illness is just that.

And dysphoria is dysphoria.

And sexual fulfilment is also what it is.....And how we achieve this is largely irrelevant....Though some people choose to think not, and also choose to sub-categorize and discriminate, accordingly.

And the bottom line is, species survival still depends upon gamete fusion.....But how we achieve this has also become a separate issue.

Such is the evolution of Humankind.
badger
Debates: 0
badger
-->
@zedvictor4
You remind me a little bit of Vonnegut sometimes. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@badger
Is that good or bad?

And are we talking Kurt?

Must be honest...Haven't read any Kurt.

badger
Debates: 0
badger
-->
@zedvictor4
It is what it is I guess haha. He's easy reading, though. You could try out Slaughterhouse-Five some day when the power goes out. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@badger
I will try and find a copy....Always looking for a winter read.....To much else going on this time of year.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheUnderdog
Identifying as a 6 year old means the state provides for you like they do for any 6 year old without parents willing to take care of them.  Then you don’t have to work.
How well do you think orphans are treated?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@zedvictor4
I will try and find a copy....Always looking for a winter read.....To much else going on this time of year.
There's also a movie version.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheUnderdog
I fail to see the difference.  If someone can change their gender at will, can they also change their age at will?  If not, what’s the difference?
Your age should also be considered private medical information.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Theweakeredge
Can... can you source that for me? Because it seems that none of that actually appears in legislation. To be clear - it is more than possible that police step over the line (they do that a lot), I just need a source cuz I'd never heard of a police actually doing that before. 
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@3RU7AL
Huh, well that was a bad thing - does it happen regularly?