Post to get a theme song, closest matching fictional character and general (exaggerated) overview.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 52
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
I will start with myself.

Theme Song: P Money - Shook

Closest Fictional Character: Jaime Lannister

Exaggerated Overview:

A complex combination of ruthlessness and sentimentality, RM is known for his willingness to take almost anyone on and doesn't necessarily care too much about what people think of him despite being cocky.

Politically and religiously, RM represents a 'mystical' stance that incorporates pragmatism mixed with mercy and care in a strange concoction that he sees as morally justifable ruthlessness. This also sums up how he approaches debating in the formal arena. RM is less concerned with having the last word in conversation and more concerned with seeming witty enough or arguing well enough before letting things be.

Some find him intelligent, others find him cringey, no one truly knows what to make of him. He may have a soft core beneath a harsh exterior or may have a harder core beneath said softness.

Strengths:
  • Extremely energetic and passionate
  • Witty and cunning, unpredictable as an opponent
  • Somewhat charismatic and quick to welcome newer members (even if it is done in a harsh way)
  • Courageous, while some of his fights are easy he is also one of the only experienced members to not flinch too much from the opportunity to challenge a fellow 'Titan' of the site.
Weaknesses:
  • Fragile Ego, even though he masks it at times he is sensitive to insults to his ability or self-worth, this can lead him to overreact
  • Impulsivity is his fuel, when it goes well it goes brilliant but this also means that if he lacks the 'fire' to debate in the middle of a debate he finds it extremely difficult to keep it going. He debates as a passionate spar, not simply for the win at least not all the time.
  • Chaotic nature puts people who prefer structure and monotony at extreme odds with him. There is probably not a single member that enjoys conformity and structure that is allied with RM.
  • Bluntness, which he would call honesty, can cause significant abrasion with members and even be interpreted as direct insult at times. He works hard to avoid this but he isn't one to pussyfoot and never will be, at least not by nature.

Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@RationalMadman
Lol sure why not
Undefeatable
Debates: 64
Undefeatable
-->
@RationalMadman
try me
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@RationalMadman
Sounds like fun.
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@RationalMadman
Too curious not to.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Sum1hugme
Am I allowed to know your gender, otherwise I may pick a character that offends.
Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@RationalMadman
Haha, male, but don't worry you won't offend me.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Sum1hugme

Closest Fictional Character: Minerva McGonagall

Exaggerated Overview:

Sum1hugme probably will bear hug you back if he's in a bad mood but generally is a gentle giant of sorts. It's unclear what brings him to the site other than a passion to discuss certain topics and then discuss nothing at all about others, though what those topics have in common isn't clear.

Mysterious in core beliefs or even core style of debate, Sum1hugme is recognised by his openness to engage on the formal 1v1 arena surprisingly more than his otherwise background, laidback demeanour would have you believe. There perhaps is a quiet bloodlust in there but he remains respectful throughout all encounters, disciplined and resolute no matter what the opponents bring to the table in behaviour or style.

Strengths:
  • Humble and willing to learn from defeats.
  • Resourceful within the debates and topics he's willing to engage in, difficlt to counter in any specific way.
  • Makes very few enemies at all despite being open to confrontation if it comes his way.
  • Extremely disciplined, never a bad word to or about anyone.
Weaknesses:
  • Lacks a general presence of a strong kind on the site, despite being a non-noob and actively debating now and again, many don't know exactly who he is or what he's about here.
  • His sternness can come across as a bit boring.
  • Tends to stick to the 'big picture' on any debated topic which can turn away people interested in debating the details and intricacies.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Undefeatable

Closest Fictional Character: Sasuke Uchiha

Exaggerated Overview:

Undefeatable wants to destroy you in a debate. It isn't that he resents you, it's that he wants you to envy and respect him. This runs much deeper than the shallow thing it appears to be, after all there are other ways to have an ego trip than debating on DART. Undefeatable needs to know that absolutely nobody can truly defeat his capacity to reason, he will try desperately to rematch against previous victors and puts his all into learning from defeats. Undefeatable doesn't actually have delusions of self-grandeur, instead he recognises where he stands as a debater and intellectual (or at least where he thinks he stands on the only scale he thinks matters) and strategises multiple areas to improve on to move 'up the ladder' (not just in Rating, in pure skill which is his main focus and yearning to use the website).

It isn't about the glory of winning that drives him, it's about him knowing and feeling the surge or pride and joy that comes from defeating a formally terrifying opponent. He will keep trying until he feels everyone here is either his equal or inferior, a competitor in its truest form.

Strengths:
  • Very hardworking, puts his all into debates no matter the circumstance.
  • Highly intelligent and capable especially within certain niche topics.
  • Very eager to debate, his eagerness has singlehandedly been helping the otherwise shrivelled up debate section of the site not die out for the past few months (especially earlier on in his site usage when he was more frequently debating).
  • Admits defeat when he loses, doesn't try to make excuses. However... He can at times claim a win wasn't truly 'earned' even though accepting the outcome.
Weaknesses:
  • He has a tendency to whine and moan after a defeat and not in a sportsmanlike manner. He will often seek to make the victor feel either like they owe him another chance to defeat them at the very least or that they didn't really 'earn' the win unless they and/or the voters can explain in-depth to him why he didn't do the right thing with the amount of sources he used etc. If he puts in a certain amount of work, he believes the result much match that and blames the system rather than himself or even simply accepting that some things in life being sometimes unfair and luck-based in part. He is here to win and makes that crystal clear to anyone he comes across.
  • Forum-wise and socially, he's rather minimalistic but when he tries he really tries. He seems to think all confrontations in the website require one's 'all' in effort and urge to win, it would be safe to say he clashes heavily with users who don't believe that and is only able to truly get along with other 'tryhards' overall.
  • Since everything is about winning for him, a major issue he has is sometimes to sit back and observe the debate from a neutral stance. Rather than neutralise points and agree with the opponent in part, he will often force everything to be entirely right or wrong, which enables more cunning opponents to trip him up at times, especially if pushing too far in the other direction takes away from the debate's resolution.

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
i would like one
Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@RationalMadman
Wow man, that's super nice, glad I commented first lol
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@whiteflame

Closest Fictional Character: Ginrei Kuchiki

Exaggerated Overview:

Goody two-shoes Whiteflame is at first unbelievably good, it almost can seem fake to some, what's underneath it all? Where is the Hulk to his Bruce Banner? It isn't there, he doesn't snap, he doesn't break rules, he doesn't falter and yet he doesn't mock those that do either. He watches, waits and takes opportunities as they come, never overpressing an advantage in or outside of debates and yet being well-respected and well-renowned as a formidable opponent.

If you yell at him, he will ignore you and maybe calmly reply if he deems it appropriate but overall it's irrelevant to him what rules you break or the tone you talk, he finds it immature and entirely irrelevant to the conversation at hand. This skill is invaluable to him as a debater and he treats debating and everything in life as some fusion of science and art, where the rules and principles are to be studied and held to in a rigid manner but the rest is creativity where the highest artistic approach is most fascinating.

Strengths:
  • Calm and patient to extreme degrees, one of the most patient members of the website's history.
  • Highly intelligent and capable in a huge variety of topics inside and outside of the formal arena.
  • Extremely analytical and perceptive, will notice strengths in his opponents' cases they often themselves didn't realise were there until he rebukes each one incredibly well.
  • Despite being slow to anger and never breaking a rule himself, he doesn't hold chaotic people in a resentful manner, more of a dismissive one where he doesn't pay attention to it. He has the same approach to 'inferior' debaters.
Weaknesses:
  • Kind of boring at a first and even a second glance, it takes a lot of studying the guy to realise how fascinating his intellect actually is.
  • Very high-end taste in debates and everything, it is unlikely you will impress him or make him even want to debate you unless you show him something that makes him think you're even a half-worthy opponent. This even applies to forum interactions but less significantly so, it's something that can make those he deems irritating and/or unworthy as feeling he's entirely unapproachable and dislikes them (when really, it's more like he thinks nothing of them which may be better or worse depending how you look at it).
  • While he himself is extremely disciplined, this converts into disproportionate lapses in taste and style with certain users even outside of debating, he is a borderline genius and tries his level best to hide how stupid and boring he finds others, which then has forced him to have a constantly bored, monotone kind of typing style to avoid making clear when he's super keen (so that he doesn't offend when he isn't). He is very observant of himself and extremely reserved until he feels he's calculated it's correct to open up.
  • He is somewhat like quicksilver (liquid mercury), very easy to befriend and very easy to not care too much about you the next moment, it all comes down to the effort you put in and what he feels up to at a given time. He is as much your wise, patient teacher as he is the superior student who will whoop your ass if you truly step to him and you never know which side of him you're gonna get if you go up against him in any format.

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Why not
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@RationalMadman
This sort of thing is always entertaining. Go ahead. I'd prefer a non-anime character, if possible, since I don't watch anime and am unfamiliar with the characters.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@MisterChris
Theme Song: NF - Change

Closest Fictional Character: Elijah Mikaelson (personality description has 3 tabs and requires scrolling inside the second tab).

Exaggerated Overview:

Honest, jaded, humble and driven by an urge to do good by those who've done good by him, MisterChris is a well-liked member of the community. He seemingly came out of nowhere as a chosen assistant Mod by David and has since maintained a position of putting his loyalties and do-gooder zeal above all else, never caring of his position and caring much more about the bigger picture at all times.

He enjoys debating in small bursts on topics he feels he either can properly defend Libertarianism with or some stance he feels strong enough on, it's safe to say you'll never see him enjoying or thriving in playing the Devil's Advocate. Chris is cynical about both the government and big corporations and this ethos applies also to a local level on a website like this, he doesn't tend to uphold either mainstream 'rebels' or mainstream status quo advocates, he prefers everyone to be free to be their own person and pushes outcomes that favour this in his interactions.

Strengths:
  • Charming enough to get along with just about every single member.
  • Knows his way about the site's social landscape as if he were an ancient among us despite being relatively new especially back when he was selected as voting moderator.
  • Very strong debater at certain topics and he knows which topics those are, doesn't deny his limitations and excels within them.
  • Honest. You are rarely being directly lied to by him but similar to Elijah, he at times may 'slant' a comment to have an alternate interpretation thus meaning he didn't technically lie.
Weaknesses:
  • Sensitive and easy to upset, though he not only hides it well but supports the freedom of those that do that to try and do so. He takes criticism and compliments deeply, especially if there's reasoning given with them.
  • Quite rigid in thinking patterns, once his mind's made up and furthermore if his loyalties are set in stone, you aren't talking him out of anything. In some ways he's not even here to debate but merely to observe others debate more so, he enjoys hearing the other side even if he's very sure of the one he's on.
  • Despite being honest as a core virtue, he will slant comments, replies and interactions to avoid directly offending another member. Answering a question with either a question or a half-direct half-answer is not unheard of for him (more so the latter). He struggles with direct confrontation unless it's a core value or a situation where he feels he ought to have someone's back.
  • Not so active in general, more so in bursts. When he's inactive he's almost nonexistent not just posting less and prefers to be quiet as a default state of being which can be unentertaining for people drawn to the louder debater types.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Dr.Franklin

Closest Fictional Character: The Punisher (Frank Castle)

Exaggerated Overview:

He doesn't say much but the times he isn't replying 4 words or less per post to mock how pointless he thinks your thread is, he'll actually post pro-anarchy pro-right-wing ethos stuff making him an Ancap of the pure kind (as opposed to a typical Right-Wing Libertarian). He wants a world where the citizens are free to protect each other against the evil and where the worthy rise, no unfair advantage or disadvantage at all.

The problem for Dr. Franklin seems to be that he would rather physically show you his ideas or allude to them with a few words rather than discuss them in-depth. A man of few words but a lot of passionate thoughts, angry ones at that, he could be likened to the Punisher in quite a few ways including a very dark, sarcastic sense of humour.

Strengths:
  • Resiliently untrollable/unshakable, it's pretty impossible to properly piss this guy off without yourself being pissed off along with him.
  • Curt with responses, he doesn't waste a single second typing if he doesn't think it won't be worth it.
  • Extremely independent in thought, not a sheep in the slightest. He has even displayed the capacity to have conspiracy theories about conspiracy theories which isn't a sarcastic compliment from me, it shows genuine independent thinking at play.
Weaknesses:
  • Very minimalistic in around 85% of his interactions or actually more than that. You won't get anything from him if he isn't damn sure his effort will be worth the responses and attention it gets.
  • In formal debating or anything close to it, he doesn't do too well. The freer the construct of debating, the more his shockingly hidden capacity for deep thought and theories emerges (but he's quick to cease any and all conversation the millisecond he detects the interaction to be fruitless).
  • While he's untrollable, he's also very hard to develop any kind of positive long-term interaction with. He is on guard at all times.

MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@RationalMadman
A fascinating insight. Thanks for taking the time.

he at times may 'slant' a comment to have an alternate interpretation thus meaning he didn't technically lie.
This is true. I've been known to "white lie" or skirt around the issue at times. I don't always trust my interpretation of events enough to be firm and resolute... I'm always analyzing the strengths and weaknesses of ideas, which can lead me to be paralyzed with choice regarding divisive issues I don't have a firm position on. A natural result of this is that my solutions tend to be "middle of the road" when it comes to conflict resolution, and I don't so much as delete a vote without careful consideration of the precedent I'd be setting (and if I get push back on it, I always am considering the criticisms coming my way).
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@RationalMadman
As for my inactivity... When school ends I intend on debating once more. Just have a few weeks to get through.
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
Because I'm genuinely curious. Sure. why not. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@RationalMadman
Given how much of a Bleach fan I used to be, I was surprised I didn't recognize Ginrei, but he does seem like a good fit.

Seems like you've mostly got me nailed down, though I think in some of these cases you might be surprised. Appreciate all the details!
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@whiteflame
In many cases I might be surprised with you, you are also free to rage at me over how wrong I am and give specifics.

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@RationalMadman
No rage to speak of. You’re welcome to your views of me, and nothing in here is particularly insulting, though I guess my not raging buys into your description pretty well.
coal
Debates: 6
coal
Go for it. 
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@RationalMadman
I like it!
Username
Debates: 9
Username
-->
@RationalMadman
Can you do a theme and overview and everything for me?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
Closest Fictional Character: Shanks (One Piece Captain)

Exaggerated Overview:

Supadudz is an extremely likeable individual and his charisma is in fact his predominant trait, little else is known about him than that he likes to make friends and have fun, especially in the form of sports and parties. He is laidback as a default but if you trigger him, espeicially by critising someone or something he holds dear, an aggressive streak comes out to play and he doesn't hold back.

A believer in freedom and holding fun as more important than tranquility and peace, his politics and general approach to debates involve his style and viewpoint being both creative but also at times weakly reasoned. He doesn't place high value on logic and 'sternness' to him, life is much more a matter of rolling with the punches than analysing and trying to avoid them. You could say that if his debating style evolves enough, he'd be a very strong offensive debater who would let your attacks hold and merely keep throwing out creative angles that are difficult to rebuke which cause his opponents to slip up unless they also are creative.

Supadudz brings energy to the website beyond just debating, his participation on-site and off-site in the gaming communities whether in mafia or fantasy football make him a pioneer socially here, where it would otherwise be largely a bunch of nerds who don't like each other much. There is an aura around Supadudz that gets people to be a little more energetic, not necessarily friendlier, when he's participating in things, he has a way of making people more engaged in whatever forum thread or activity they're participating in.

Strengths:
  • Infectious energy and charisma, people want to be wherever he's at because where he's at is automatically fun.
  • Optimistic even about the website, a bright light that never burns out.
  • Creative, whether it's rap battles or forum mafia, he is very much a pioneer of community events and would be more so if the site had a larger and/or more sociable community.
  • Proud of who he is, entertaining at times, even strictly because of that confidence.
Weaknesses:
  • His pride and optimism can lead to overestimation of his own abilities at certain things and in the past has meant he got very heated up during certain conflicts. He struggles to remain calm when him or a friend he has on the site are being criticised or, in his eyes, mistreated. He fully believes he will win all circumstances he enters and that energy can become an issue depending on the scenario.
  • Somewhat weak at the actual focus of this website; debating. He is not someone who likes to argue or deeply reason about things, it's both something he finds boring and even futile to embrace since he believes life is about being passionate more so than reasonable. He'd rather be passionate about a topic he's slightly wrong about than correct about a topic he doesn't give a damn about and that is both entertaining when he has the passion and an issue once he enters debating arenas.
  • When things aren't how he thinks they should be, whether in a game or in the website's general atmosphere, it's deeply upsetting for him especially if someone he cares about is being victimised in his eyes. He tends to take it on himself to 'fight back' and if it were up to him, there shouldn't be rules holding back how harshly one can talk back to another user to defend their honour. 

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
I like this interpretation. I know you have gotten my personality right a few times so I expected it to be accurate.

I like the song, I know it's been used in Dude Perfect before.

Shanks is interesting. I've seen Shanks only a few times (episodes 228 of One Piece), but I think he gives off the vibe described by you 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@SirAnonymous
Closest Fictional Character: Carl Grimes

Exaggerated Overview:

Paranoid and self-doubting in many respects, SirAnonymous tries to avoid others as much as possible. Yet, he is drawn to the website for some reason, the community drives him to suddenly come out of his shell for reasons that don't make sense to any, least of all himself. His self-doubt is his predominant trait as are the periods of long absence from the website.

He most likely is a pragmatist at his core who hates that he is that way (wishes he was an idealist). Life and the world have jaded him and he is rather paranoid about anyone finding out something about him to the extent that one may wonder why he participates in this website at all. The only thing he has explicitly claimed to believe in is Christianity and some resultant brand of Theological Conservatism.

He did try to start a journalistic paper of sorts regarding DART that was aimed at a satire-seeking audience, though that's stopped. This shows that he is quite the observer on the low and has a talent for writing if he'd choose to develop and reveal it more.

Strengths:
  • Humble, very ready to self-depricate even, unlikely to clash heads with any user.
  • Observant of others, his knowledge of other users could be very great for all we know.
  • Thinks before he acts or speaks and when he attempts to produce stuff it's usually high quality if the effort's put in.
Weaknesses:
  • His humility is kind of off-putting for people who enjoy confident, entertaining people. That may seem obvious but it is so severely offputting because there is an aura about him that says 'don't like me, don't even look at me, I am not someone you need to care about or take interest in' and it kind of is infectious too, it makes others feel doubtful and cautious. 
  • He's a quitter of many kinds, never sticks at anything for long on the website at least.
  • I think he's a very sad individual, that's a weakness on its own.

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@RationalMadman
Accurate in many respects. The self-doubt and paranoia are exaggerated, but I do have them. I'm not a sad individual, although I can be very passive and neutral. I do tend to quit things; I've started many more things than I've finished. However, if I'm really dedicated to something, I'll stick to it, or at least come back to it frequently.

I do think I have at least a little talent for writing. However, I'm a perfectionist, so I don't really enjoy writing because I'm always trying to get it perfect. That makes it really hard for me to write anything creative. The Bard was the big exception to that. I genuinely enjoyed writing that. I may get back to it someday.

• Observant of others, his knowledge of other users could be very great for all we know.
Uhh...guilty as charged. (Nothing remotely doxxing, of course.)
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@RationalMadman
That was very entertaining and well done, as always. Thanks.