Double Standard For Females

Author: Vader

Total: 77
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
First things first, I don't promote any unhealthy eating habits described in this post. I believe being overweight is not a good thing (as I was once overweight in my life and hated it), but I am only here to promote a double standard females set for themselves while contrasting it to other men

Body positivity is something that has been floating around with females and how you should feel comfortable in your own skin. The message itself was started by third of fourth wave feminism which I actually think is a good message. Being happy with yourself and your own skin makes you succeed more in life, as various studies conducted by experts in mental health have proven this. The message they created is a great message, but the problem then becomes the double standard.

When I was a male, I struggled with the same love for myself that women do, hating my weight and myself for it. I decided to lose weight so I could love myself again. This standard of body positivity could be applied to men as well (men who don't have toned abs, dark hair or blonde hair, etc.), but modern feminists yet again demean men for their weight while trying to hold us to the standard they want without holding themselves accountable as well. 

The lack of holding themselves to the same standards they want for others goes to prove that modern feminism is nothing more than the defamation of men so that women can be superior to their male counterparts, only proving that the ideas shared of this feminism are extremely dangerous, and how the ideas they share are double standards for themselves, but hey, since the Democrats run everything, you might as well just push the nonsensical bullshit legislation going on. 
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Vader
When I was a male, I struggled....
what, what?

The lack of holding themselves to the same standards they want for others goes to prove that modern feminism is nothing more than the defamation of men 
Can we get some examples, please?

the nonsensical bullshit legislation going on. 
Democrats are working on infrastructure and voting rights.  Republicans are (pretty much exclusively) working on banning transgender students from athletics (which violates your admiration of body positivity, no?) and recounting ballots from the last election.   Which is the nonsensical bullshit, would you say?
badger
Debates: 0
badger
I take some issues with females, but mostly I have sex with them.
Vader
Vader
-->
@oromagi
what, what?
I explained what I struggled with in the post lol

The lack of holding themselves to the same standards they want for others goes to prove that modern feminism is nothing more than the defamation of men 
I can site examples through various social media outlets of females dehumanizing men on social media, but I will find some examples

In a TikTok video by @lllarsonmusic, he did a remix to Bella Porch's "Build a Bitch," discussing body positivity for females, and remixed it discussing body positivity for males, the video has over 155k negative comments such as one by the user @inara878: wow we cant have a song with men changing it to suit them, why am I not surprised

Or another by @mai_szu: I feel like some ppl are missing the point, the lyrics here aren't the problem, it's how he wrote over issues that women face and made it about men

These comment prove that they demonize a perfectly normal thing to meet their needs and cater to what they want, even if it means bringing men down and the issues they have. The double standards they set are ridiculous.

-----------------------

You can even look at corporations and how they are creating plus sized models for females, yet there aren't any for men, is there a reason for that or is it purely coincidence? 

Democrats are working on infrastructure and voting rights.  Republicans are (pretty much exclusively) working on banning transgender students from athletics (which violates your admiration of body positivity, no?) and recounting ballots from the last election.   Which is the nonsensical bullshit, would you say?

There's a difference between choice and biology
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@Vader
@oromagi
When I was a male
Looks like Oro beat me to commenting on this little gem.

Oh well.

In any event, we can strike a balance between girls (and all people) not engaging in psychologically destructive thought processes and behaviors; and encouraging people to be healthy and responsible about their weight. 

I think the so called body positivity movement has been very bad for girls and women alike.  Fat is not attractive and any suggestion to the contrary is dangerous and promotes irresponsible lifestyle choices.  Some people can't help it, true enough.  And the food the socioeconomically disenfranchised can afford often makes it impossible to maintain a healthy weight, which is something I'm sympathetic to.

But everyone should strive to be physically fit and healthy.  The alternative is dying of any one of the dozens of foreseeable health problems and/or complications associated with obesity, and living a life that's a lot harder than it has to be in the mean-time.  Of course, you also leave family and friends who care about you behind. 

That's the long-term cost of the so-called body positivity movement.   It encourages teenage and 20-something girls to develop unhealthy eating habits that will take them away from their families and kids before their time has come.  

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Vader
-->@oromagi
what, what?
I explained what I struggled with in the post lol
Not that- when did you stop being a male?

I can site examples through various social media outlets of females dehumanizing men on social media, but I will find some examples

In a TikTok video by @lllarsonmusic, he did a remix to Bella Porch's "Build a Bitch," discussing body positivity for females, and remixed it discussing body positivity for males, the video has over 155k negative comments such as one by the user @inara878: wow we cant have a song with men changing it to suit them, why am I not surprised
Don't use Tik Tok.  Tik Tok is a Chinese owned application that Donald Trump warned last fall of "credible evidence that leads him to believe that Tik Tok "threatens to impair the national security of the United States."  I agree that freedom of speech ought to prevent an outright ban but wise Americans should stay away from that shit, nevertheless.

Or another by @mai_szu: I feel like some ppl are missing the point, the lyrics here aren't the problem, it's how he wrote over issues that women face and made it about men  These comment prove that they demonize a perfectly normal thing to meet their needs and cater to what they want, even if it means bringing men down and the issues they have. The double standards they set are ridiculous.
Well, given the app's history I've got no reason to believe that these usernames reflect the average American woman's values or are even actual women, for that matter.  Could just be Chinese shit-stirrers.  You got any examples of actual American opinion writers, influencers, etc?
-----------------------

You can even look at corporations and how they are creating plus sized models for females, yet there aren't any for men, is there a reason for that or is it purely coincidence? 

Here's a Cosmo article from a week ago called "13 plus size male models to follow *immediately*"

There's a difference between choice and biology

Non-responsive.  Is US infrastructure and the rights of US citizens to vote generally more important than big govt. telling schools which  team 1/100th of 1% of athletes may play for when both schools and athletes clearly  prefer to sort it out for themselves?

Vader
Vader
I realized made a mistake, when I was overweight was the proper term
Vader
Vader
-->
@coal
I would agree with this statement overall as I noted in post above, but if people do believe in this statement, there is an implicit female bias which I intended to point out
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@Vader
This is what I'd call a strawman - can I please get some foundational or representative fourth wave feminist literature or views that shares this "double standard"?
Bones
Debates: 29
Bones
-->
@Vader
When I was a male
Friendly note, your bio says you're a man so you're gonna want to change that. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Vader
Hey!

I'm full on P.C. gender neutral.

This is all so offensive.

And stuff your face with all the pies

And be confident and happy.

And third wave fourth wave

Not waving but drowning

Who said that?

Stevie Smith

Stevie?

How's that for foresight.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Bones
I noted it was a typo in a post
Vader
Vader
-->
@Theweakeredge
“With the incredible momentum in women’s sport right now, the re-designed space is just another demonstration of Nike’s commitment to inspiring and serving the female athlete”, says Sarah Hannah, Nike’s GM/VP for Women in EMEA.

Nike's new plus size mannequins and such do not feature any male plus size. If they really do believe in body positivity, why is it exclusive to females and not males
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Vader
First of all - you didn't actually give me a valid answer:
This is what I'd call a strawman - can I please get some foundational or representative fourth wave feminist literature or views that shares this "double standard"?
How is Nike representative of feminism or foundational? It isn't.

Secondly.... are you daft? I'm serious - you do know what the plus sizes are right? They are LARGER SIZES, men literally already have it. This is what you have for me. really? You're sadder than I remembered.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@Theweakeredge
I have never seen a male plus size mannequin. Can you give me a picture of one from your local clothing retailer please. 
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Vader
I 'still feel bad I don't have abs.
Though I'm not despairing about it. (Not saying you are/were)

I agree, man or woman, people should be a bit more accepting of their own bodies,
Especially in relation to 'depictions of the ideal body.
In statues, film, comic books, models.

Be better to 'achieve such an ideal, certainly it's not good to be unhealthy.
Though 'looking healthy isn't always the same as 'being healthy.

And sure, I'm not one to harp about making oneself look perfect.
I'm not a fan of makeup or hair dye, or foppish clothing.
But it's true that one's appearance matters in society often.
How one presents themself.

Clean nails, no bedhead, zipper zipped.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Wylted
Um.... you don't need to - just look at the extra extra extra large, lmao. You aren't reading
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Theweakeredge
Have never seen an extra large mannequin.  Which by the way is what the person you were referring to was talking about. The size of mannequins 
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@David
I think post 3 violates the code of conduct and the guy who made the post says to DM him for only fans, so I reported it to you.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Wylted
Yes, when extra extra large clothes are displayed there are larger mannequins, lmao. Again though, as I initially iterated, Nike is neither foundational nor representative of feminism (the fourth wave), so even if you did have a point. It would still be moot bud. 
badger
Debates: 0
badger
-->
@TheUnderdog
lol
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Theweakeredge
Yes, when extra extra large clothes are displayed there are larger mannequins
Okay, go to your local walmart or target and take a picture of a fat male mannequin.  I think you are lying. I can find fat female mannequins at Target, let's see if you can find the fat male models or mannequins wearing clothes there. Even the big and tall stores don't do that shit, but let's keep it simple.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@TheUnderdog
Please show some common sense here and stop being a hall monitor 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Lemming
Nice poem.

Hope you liked mine.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@zedvictor4
Is mine a poem? I didn't write it, in that intent.
I'm a bit embarrassed to say I only glanced at yours, judged it to be in your usual style, abstruse/cryptic I'd call it, when it usually reaches my mind.
And judging it a bit off kilter to my mind, I didn't look into it, until your post #24

The meaning of yours I have to say escapes me a bit,
It's difficult online in general to see inflection, so it's a bit difficult for me to see if you are gender neutral or claiming to be for the poem, whether you take offense or mean it in jest.

I can appreciate telling people to live their lives, eat their pies,
Myself, I think it's better to live in moderation and a bit of exercise,
Though I'm not one to rag people, on it.

Third and Forth waves of feminism, I see the reference, but I'm not familiar enough with the movement to know anything of it.

by use of Google, I see Stevie Smith was a writer,
I looked up Not Waving but Drowning by Stevie Smith, interesting poem.

I didn't see anything that suggested Stevie Smith was transgender, but maybe I haven't read enough.
So the,
Stevie Smith
Stevie?
How's that for foresight.
Lines escape me.

Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Wylted
And I think you're an idiot who doesn't look things up :\

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Lemming
Well....Stevie is particularly gender neutral .

I would have thought.

And your composition is usually poetic in structure.

Live their lives eat their pies

Could have been a Floydian rhyme.

And I claim to be me

A father of two.

And offense is in the head of the beholder

And I've learned not to behold 

But to jest in honesty.

And feminists wave 

As Stevie waves 

As the drowning wave

As we all wave

As the waves roll mercilessly back and forth.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Theweakeredge
And I think you're an idiot who doesn't look things up :\

I notice that these are so rare you could not get a picture from your local target. You had to dig for it online. It's really silly that you think a precisely even number of fat male and female mannequins are being put out in clothing stores.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Wylted
Um... I never said that? Regardless, you were the one who made the initial claim that there were NO fat male mannequins, I proved you wrong. Please demonstrate that there aren't a relatively even number of male and female mannequins out there? 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Theweakeredge
Dumb, please demonstrate to me that more humans drive cars than dogs.

See how dumb you come across? I'm not going to dig up a study on gender representation on mannequins to bbn prove some shit you already know is true, just like you won't provide me evidence more humans than dogs drive cars