Double Standard For Females

Author: Vader

Total: 77
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
Let's debate that there are more female mannequins that are fat than male. I'll do the digging if you send that debate challenge
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@Wylted
So you assert that I made a claim that I didn't make, then pretend as if asking you to prove that claim is absurd? Uhuh, not contradictory at all. You are every bit the troll I read you to be. 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Theweakeredge
Post 14. Read his post fully and then yours. You'll see the presupposition you make and the assertions he makes
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Wylted
I correct him - there is no need for plus mannequins because they already exist - you are not supporting your claim. Please do that. 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Theweakeredge
He was basically saying that plus size male mannequins are extremely rare. You just don't see as many plus size male mannequins or plus size male models as female models. You are disagreeing with that objectively correct assertion he made.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Wylted
Um... no - he said that there were NO fat male mannequins, he was wrong - plus prove your claim that fat male mannequins are rare - at least compared to fat woman, give me actual evidence and not your anecdotes, the BoP is on you. 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Vader
Are you actually serious? That's a female section - lmao
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Vader
Furthermore, the content of ONE STORE will not convince me, please give me the actual numbers of male-female mannequins that are fat. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
I'll tell you the real double standard, no trolling.

Slim males are the most ignored of them all. We are teased and made to flinch even, both by the fat and the muscular our entire fucking childhood and adolescence and nobody defends us because only the overweight deserve sympathy according to society.

I am not the only dude who experienced this, one of my bullies growing up was a skinny victim himself picking on the next viable target.
Nyxified
Debates: 21
Nyxified
-->
@Vader
After reading through the entirety of this, I think nobody has acknowledged that there is, at the very least, some reason to believe that in some cases being overweight is not intrinsically bad. Not to make a comment on anything in specific, I just think it's disingenuous to treat that as a given. Here's some articles to support my thoughts:

Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Nyxified
True,
My post was more about my own and cultures view of attractiveness, more than the health aspect of it.

Though weight can be indicative of an unhealthy lifestyle.
If there's a thin person who sits around all day, and a heavy person who exercises a fair amount.
I'd think the heavy person healthier.

I don't have an opinion on what the 'healthies weight would be, unless I read more in life.
Nyxified
Nyxified
-->
@Lemming
Absolutely. Being overweight can often be indicative of an unhealthy lifestyle as often as it can just be the way a person's genetics make them to be, I believe. While actually being fairly underweight myself, I do have a few fat friends, and I feel not many people discuss the facts I brought up.

Though one of the articles I wrote said overweight people were healthier than average weight people in terms of BMI, as far as I know, the data is inconclusive.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Nyxified
A healthy lifestyle and desired body shape is an assumption based upon an acquired and established social expectancy.

Though, overweight generally,  is too much in and not enough out...And will generally lead to problems in later life. (Generally)

And people who strive to be fit and slender, generally are....But this is also no guarantee of long term success....Striving can create it's own problems.

Also, one tends to find that people who live long and healthy lives, are usually sensible, predisposed, and a little bit lucky. (Tendency)

Though we tend not to consider longevity until it's too late to make improvements to lifestyle anyway.

Nevertheless, life expectancy has increased  greatly over the past 100 years or so, largely due to medical and surgical advancements. Though we tend to take this for granted,

And you might get run over by a bus tomorrow.

Nyxified
Nyxified
-->
@zedvictor4
"A healthy lifestyle and desired body shape is an assumption based upon an acquired and established social expectancy."

You put it better than I ever could've. Moreover, I would ask the rhetorical question of "Should we judge fat people for their perceived unhealthiness when we do not judge other people for having objectively unhealthy attitudes who remain skinny?" The answer is obviously no. Unhealthy or not, that is not a justification to judge an individual's body.
bronskibeat
Debates: 3
bronskibeat
-->
@Vader
First things first, I don't promote any unhealthy eating habits described in this post. I believe being overweight is not a good thing (as I was once overweight in my life and hated it), but I am only here to promote a double standard females set for themselves while contrasting it to other men

Body positivity is something that has been floating around with females and how you should feel comfortable in your own skin. The message itself was started by third of fourth wave feminism which I actually think is a good message. Being happy with yourself and your own skin makes you succeed more in life, as various studies conducted by experts in mental health have proven this. The message they created is a great message, but the problem then becomes the double standard.

When I was a male, I struggled with the same love for myself that women do, hating my weight and myself for it. I decided to lose weight so I could love myself again. This standard of body positivity could be applied to men as well (men who don't have toned abs, dark hair or blonde hair, etc.), but modern feminists yet again demean men for their weight while trying to hold us to the standard they want without holding themselves accountable as well. 

The lack of holding themselves to the same standards they want for others goes to prove that modern feminism is nothing more than the defamation of men so that women can be superior to their male counterparts, only proving that the ideas shared of this feminism are extremely dangerous, and how the ideas they share are double standards for themselves, but hey, since the Democrats run everything, you might as well just push the nonsensical bullshit legislation going on. 
Eh. I don't think I've "modern feminists" demean men for their weight. My problem with these types of takes is that, feminist based movements were started by women who were fed up by some aspect of society that was hurting them. Men are very capable of doing the same thing, but I often see some men choose to complain about how there is no movement for them...instead of just creating one or engaging in the ones that already exist.

I think that historically women's looks have been scrutinized more heavily than men's , so they have been the primary focus for the body positive movement. Though I have noticed that queer men are often involved in the movement as well. I think it's harder for straight men to be open about those types of insecurities, but I think we're starting to see a change. Jonah Hill made a social media post that went viral and was very much celebrated detailing his insecurities about swimming without a shirt. We just need to see more of that vulnerability from men.

Actually, just google "male body positivity" and you'll see that it's becoming more talked about:

And let's not forget the celebration of the "dad bod":

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Nyxified
You put it better than I ever could've.

You seem pretty adept at stringing words together, to me.

Regards.
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
Modern women today are being lied to by feminists. Modern women are free to do what ever they want, have a career sleep with every man they meet, have kids without being married., but it all comes at a cost. A cost most modern women don't seem to understand. Once they reach 35 their are done. No man wants to marry a used up worn out old woman who has been rode hard and put away wet. Most modern  career women will grow old alone.  MGTOW
Nyxified
Nyxified
-->
@sadolite
Avoiding analyzing, well, everything else (where would I even begin?), your entire post revolves around not only the straight, cisgender female experience and nothing else, not only with regards to nothing but a woman's relationship to a man (ex: having sex with them, having kids with them, marrying them), but also around the assumption that not being able to marry is so bad that it is enough to weigh against all of the advancements in the freedoms and rights of women we have made in the modern world.

Quite frankly, anyone who would consider me 'worn out and old' and only looks to those physical attributes isn't the kind of person I would want to marry in the first place, and I don't think it should be the kind of person anyone else should want to marry either.
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@sadolite
@Nyxified
By Sadolite’s standards, all he has to do is win the literal lottery.

The alimony will hit hard though. 
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Nyxified
Text book response. Women want to be untraditional all thru their twenties and then the biological clock kicks in and then expect men of means to be traditional. In todays world there is no positive for a man to marry anymore. Better to just get laid and move on. The cards are all stacked against the man in a marriage. Makes 0 financial sense to get married anymore for a man. Time will prove what I say to be correct, it already is.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaGpSoLDUZs
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Reece101
Pfff I have been married for 20 years. I am pushing 60 and so is she. Divorce makes no financial sense for either of us. My wife and I married for financial reasons more than anything. We have done well together.  Love and romance is for 20 year old's.  As you get older you will learn that marrying for love is the dumbest reason of all to get married. I made that mistake on my first marriage.
sadolite
sadolite
The days  of  the Disney Land delusion of prince charming for women is over. Men have adapted to the rules that women have created and men have discovered they don't need to buy the cow to get the milk anymore. Well except for desperate beta simp men.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Nyxified
Women don't decide if there will be a relationship, men do. Men control relationships and marriage women control sex and children. Modern women seem to think they control both.  "Where have all the good men gone?" ya, you threw them in the friend zone in your early twenties now at 35 you cant understand why those same men don't care anymore and choose to MGTOW.
Nyxified
Nyxified
-->
@sadolite
Okay? All you've done is argue for the things that I wasn't even talking about and make sweeping claims about the role of the genders/sexes in society. "Women don't decide if there will be a relationship" sounds misogynistic at best and like I should be phoning the FBI at worst.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Nyxified
The roles exist because they do exist and have existed since the dawn of recorded history.  I know, times change. Well they have and so have the rules and so have the consequences of these new choices that modern women have in first world societies. Men are adapting and women are clueless to what they have created and the consequences of their creation. Men didn't create the "Hook up" culture, women did. Men are adapting, why buy the cow with the demeanor of a bull when you can get the milk for free. Why would a modern man do something as stupid as get married? There is no up side, but only the risk of total financial destruction.
badger
badger
No man wants to marry a used up worn out old woman who has been rode hard and put away wet. 

Men are adapting, why buy the cow with the demeanor of a bull when you can get the milk for free.
I dunno what Youtube channels you've been on sadolite but this is the funniest shit I've ever read from you lol. 
badger
badger
Sex is wild out here these days tbh. It's rare you meet a girl my age hasn't had sex with at least 50 guys. Not that I mind tbh, I'm usually worse. I fall for girls just the same. 

My old man marvels at this tinder hook-up shit. What's wrong with it in the slightest. 
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@badger
Kevin Samuels and another one called Fresh and Fit. They discuss dating and marriage and what men of means look for in women. Modern women are clueless. The modern Feminist woman "Men are trash but I want you to support me and treat me like a princess when and if I finally decide to get married and have children at 38 years old"
badger
badger
I was dating one cutesy girl recentlyish, she only just out of a very long-term relationship. I'd had sex with more people in one sitting than she'd had in her entire life. Didn't work out.