If vaccine shots are safe, why do people keep getting caught faking them?

Author: Wylted

Total: 41
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
If covid 19 vaccines are safe, why do journalists, politicians and nurses keep faking getting them, while simultaneously telling people they are safe?

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
Well that's pretty obviously officials posing for a series of photos.  Notice how they are smiling at the camera and making peace signs, pause, smile for the camera again.  

You're hypothesizing  that because the official doesn't actually get poked for every photographer's pose she makes, she must never had gotten poked at all- an irrational supposition.

Let's call this fake news.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@oromagi
Shouldn't the news provide a disclaimer that this is a photo shoot to encourage social conformity to getting the vaccine? 

It seems that it is unethical to present a photoshoot as being factual. 

Why not take photos of the actual vaccine shot? Snopes said these officials later that day claim to have gotten the shot after the photo shoot, but if they were really getting the shot anyway, and thought it safe, it makes no sense to do a staged photo shoot instead of a real one.

Besides that, this is just one of many such incidences. 

Whether they got the shot or not, it is unethical to fake evidence for getting the shot, as opposed to doing it in front of the cameras and providing real evidence.

Do you not get how people on the fence about getting the shot, would be more comfortable seeing powerful people actually getting it done than seeing them stage photo ops and not show it. 

It is far more convincing to vaccine skeptics who we need to become less skeptical, if these people actually had it done on camera instead of faking having it done and causing more skepticism.  
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Exactly. They shouldn't.

Wylted
Wylted
Just in from 20 minutes ago. A european soccer player dies on field just 24 hours after getting vaccinated. https://www.wowktv.com/sports/the-latest-eriksen-collapses-during-euro-2020-match/
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
->@oromagi
 Snopes said these officials later that day claim to have gotten the shot after the photo shoot, but if they were really getting the shot anyway, and thought it safe, it makes no sense to do a staged photo shoot instead of a real one.
So, you've already read the debunk but decided to run with the fake news, without context.  Interesting.  Can you include the link to the debunk here, please?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@oromagi
It wasn't debunked LOL. They agreed with the skeptics who said it was faked. They used more agreeable terms though. Here you go https://www.indiatoday.in/fact-check/story/fact-check-officials-posing-for-covid-19-vaccine-is-not-what-it-looks-like-1761512-2021-01-21
Wylted
Wylted
I was wrong about it being snopes. 
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
@oromagi
It wasn't debunked LOL. They agreed with the skeptics who said it was faked. They used more agreeable terms though. Here you go https://www.indiatoday.in/fact-check/story/fact-check-officials-posing-for-covid-19-vaccine-is-not-what-it-looks-like-1761512-2021-01-21
You are deliberately stating misinformation.  The article you provided (and apparently read before posting deciding to post the fake news) explicitly debunks your OP claim:
Fact Check: These officials posing for Covid-19 vaccine is not what it looks like
A video in which a man and a woman are seen posing for vaccination pictures is circulating on social media with the claim that officials in Karnataka’s Tumkur are faking it for the cameras while pretending to take Covid-19 vaccines.

A video in which a man and a woman are seen posing for vaccination pictures is circulating on social media with the claim that officials in Karnataka’s Tumkur are faking it for the cameras while pretending to take Covid-19 vaccines. The 43-second video also shows a nurse posing as if she’s administering injection to the duo.

India Today Anti Fake News War Room (AFWA) has found the claim to be misleading. The officials in the video are Tumakuru district health officer (DHO) Nagendrappa and principal of district health coaching centre Dr Rajani M. The officials posed on request from the media. The Tumakaru district magistrate confirmed that they were later vaccinated on the same day.
AFWA probe
With the help of keyword search, we found a news report published on January 16 on the website of Deccan Herald’s Kannada daily “Prajavani”. The report carried a picture of the same man seen in the video taking a jab.

The picture caption in Kannada translates to, “DHO Nagendrappa getting vaccinated at Tumkur District Hospital”.

We then reached out to Rakesh Kumar, the district magistrate of Tumakuru district.

Rubbishing the viral claim, Kumar said, “The officials you see in the video did take the vaccine. The vaccination process that day was delayed due to technical reasons. For instance, the Co-Win application was not automatically allotting the sessions to registered candidates and officials had to do it manually. But the media could not wait till the official vaccination process began. That’s why the officials posed in that way. Later, all of them were vaccinated. We have also submitted a report on the matter to authorities concerned.

Channabasappa K, the additional deputy commissioner as well as additional district magistrate of Tumakuru, also confirmed that the viral claim is misleading.

“The claim that the district health officials faked the vaccination is not true. When I conducted an inquiry, it was revealed that due to technical issues with the Co-Win application, the vaccination process was delayed. However, since the media was in a hurry to leave, the officials posed for a few clicks. They were later vaccinated on the same day,” Channabasappa confirmed.

We also spoke to Tumakuru DHO Nagendrappa, the man seen in the viral video.

Speaking to AFWA, Nagendrappa said, “According to the Co-Win application, our date of taking the first shot was not January 16. However, we were later informed to pre-pone the date to January 16, the first day of the vaccination drive. So, we had to re-register and the process got delayed. However, the media was in a hurry to leave after covering our vaccination. So, we finally decided to pose for some pictures.”

AFWA also received a clarification note by Dr Rajani M, principal of the district health coaching centre and the woman seen in the viral video. The note with her letterhead was written to the district information officer confirming that she took the Covishield shot on January 16.

Dr Rajani also submitted a copy of her jab certificate. In this, it can be seen that she took the Covishield vaccine on January 16, 2020, from the Tumakuru district hospital.

AFWA then spoke to Rangaraju, reporter of Kannada daily “Vartha Bharati” who was present at the Tumakuru district hospital on January 16.

“I was among the media personnel in the same room at Tumakuru district hospital where the video in question was shot. The media had no time to wait till the official process started. We asked the officials to pose for us so we could leave at the earliest. Unfortunately, someone shot the video and that went viral with misleading claims,” Rangaraju said.
India Today stringer at Tumakuru, Devaprakash, was also present at the hospital at that time. He too confirmed that the officials posed on request from the media and they later got vaccinated.

Hence, it is clear that the viral video only shows the district officials posing for the media ahead of the official vaccination drive.
(With inputs from Nagarjun Dwarakanath in Bengaluru)
So, just to establish the facts-

• you posted an out of context viral video making false claims about doctors and nurses working in their official capacity to save lives. 
  • You read the perfectly rational explanation for the behavior depicted and decided to publish the lie without benefit of the context you had researched.
  • You asked a series of questions in the guise of an uniformed person raising ethical concerns when in fact you were an informed person pretending not have the answers in order to promote the falsehood unethically.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@oromagi
They were literally faking getting them it may have been for a photo op. However what we are discussing are the ethics of doing it, particularly when the purpose of the photo ops is to convince vaccine skeptics, vaccines are safe so we can reach herd immunity faster. 
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
So, just to establish the facts-

• you posted an out of context viral video making false claims about doctors and nurses working in their official capacity to save lives. 
  • You read the perfectly rational explanation for the behavior depicted and decided to publish the lie without benefit of the context you had researched.
  • You asked a series of questions in the guise of an uniformed person raising ethical concerns when in fact you were an informed person pretending not have the answers in order to promote the falsehood unethically.
...and you don't deny it.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@oromagi
I dispute number 2.

I said that I disagree with photo ops instead of showing the actual shot, unless the photo ops are paired with a disclaimer that the footage is just a photo op and not showing the actual vaccination. 
Wylted
Wylted
The part about point 1 I disagree with is that it is rational to do those sorts of photo ops. If I were the media, I would have stuck around to photo the actual event, if I were one of the officials I would6have allowed the photo op
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
@oromagi
I dispute number 2.

I said that I disagree with photo ops instead of showing the actual shot, unless the photo ops are paired with a disclaimer that the footage is just a photo op and not showing the actual vaccination. 
No, you didn't.

You said in POST#1

"why do journalists, politicians and nurses keep faking getting them, while simultaneously telling people they are safe?"
When you already knew that the doctor and nurses in the shot got the shot.  If you had only disagreed with journalistic ethics and had not been  primarily motivated by actively disseminating COVID misinformation (as you now admit), you would explained that in your first post.  No, you clearly decided to print the lie and smother the truth.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@oromagi
I don't know if they got the shot. Unfortunately they chose to pretend to take it for a photo op, instead of just videoing the real thing. We just have to take their word for it, which can be problem for convincing the vaccine skeptics the shot is safe to take
Wylted
Wylted
It's bad optics to fake it, is what I am saying 
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
India is wacky bro trust me
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
-->@oromagi
I don't know if they got the shot.
Well, you had the testimony of  all the doctors, nurses and journalists in the room plus the testimony of the officer who investigated.  You have zero ZERO witnesses saying that the doctors and the nurses faked getting the shot- but that is your lying headline "caught faking" when you have no kind of evidence of any kind that they were caught or faking anything.
Unfortunately they chose to pretend to take it for a photo op, instead of just videoing the real thing. We just have to take their word for it, which can be problem for convincing the vaccine skeptics the shot is safe to take
  • So on the one hand we have the scientists who conquered and controlled polio, measles, chickenpox, mumps, SARS,  ebola, dengue fever, encephalitis, cholera, yellow fever, bubonic plague, bird flu, typhus, AIDS, etc, etc, etc saying they have a treatment that proves 95% effective against getting COVID and even better at keeping the symptoms mild with almost no chance of serious side effects
  • and other the other you have one grainy, edited-out-of-context video from Tumkur, India showing people you've never heard of posing as if they were getting the shot- everybody involved with the video confirms that the two subjects only delayed the shot until they got their paperwork.
and you choose believe a narrative invented anonymously on the internet over all this eyewitness testimony by named professionals.   That's not being a vaccine skeptic- that is being a deliberate fool. 

• It is not skeptical to say that any fictional narrative you can attach to a YouTube clip might serve as evidence against 900 million people vaccinated with fewer than 5,000 reports of any adverse reaction (mostly allergic reactions).  
  • It is not skeptical to headline "caught faking" when it was just a photo opportunity for promotional purposes, as you knew and concealed from your audience.
  • A skeptic accepts the evidence when that evidence well answers questions and addresses doubt.  
    • A fool desperately manufactures narratives to reinforce bias at the expense of honesty.

Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
False dichotomy.

It is wholly possible for people to fake doing something safe (if they believe it to be safe or not, would be another matter).
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
Wylted, the key to being a conspiracy theorist is not overdoing it. Then again, who am I to talk, go ahead do your thing.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@oromagi
Fantasising about the pokability of female  journalists, is so not P.C.

Well to be fair, fantasising is OK.

It's the expression of the fantasy that is not always P.C.

For sure, there are one or two female media celebs who I would like to poke...But I'll keep that to myself.

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Wylted
Just in from 20 minutes ago. A european soccer player dies on field just 24 hours after getting vaccinated. 
He didn’t die, he was taken off the field in a stretcher and is now stabilized.

Do you have any evidence that the collapse and the vaccination are connected, or did you just put that out there figuring some people will be so lazy that they won’t ask resulting in the successful spread of disinformation?
Undefeatable
Debates: 64
Undefeatable
-->
@Wylted
What’s your point? If some journalist fakes getting it, why’s it so bad? Journalists exaggerate all the time.

We know action movies fake actors saving the world. Is this a bad thing?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Barney

It is wholly possible for people to fake doing something safe (if they believe it to be safe or not, would be another matter).
Yes true. My fallacy if I am using one is personal incredulity though.

I am possibly insinuating that because I don't know why they are faking them, than the motives must be bad. I think it is bad for journalists and politicians to do photo ops like this, because their audience believes they are viewing the actual vaccination. It's the same thing as lying in my book. 

It makes me wonder, if they have to do photo ops, use stock footage or like some journalists pretend to be in places they are not while reporting (many funny Colbert report videos of this) than it means the facts they are relaying should not be trusted. If people in positions of authority are lying, than perhaps believe the opposite of what they say. 

It's possible they have motives other than lying for passing off photo ops or stock footage as video of an actual event. However I don't understand that motive, so I show some hesitancy to believe the media. 

I just think maybe the media prioritizes some other things over truth. Probably ideology being their number one thing.  Seems insidious. 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Undefeatable
What’s your point? If some journalist fakes getting it, why’s it so bad? Journalists exaggerate all the time.

We are trusting them to tell us about the condition of the world outside of our small bubbles. It is a very important task, and by exaggerating, sensationalizing or lying than they are neglecting their duty to the audience. Fictional movies are made to entertain.  Ideally the news is dry. Disinterested, factual and free M of any bias.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
I just think maybe the media prioritizes some other things over truth.

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
We are trusting them to tell us about the condition of the world outside of our small bubbles. It is a very important task, and by exaggerating, sensationalizing or lying than they are neglecting their duty to the audience
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Wylted
You are making a classic misinterpretation of what the media [the "press," as constitutionally rendered] is for. Note that constitutionally, the press is the only specific private industry mentioned, and the constitutional language associated with that industry is to offer balance to the institution of government. You are expecting the press to offer a different perspective than "balance;" i.e., the "truth." The two are not synonymous terms, yet many people, past and present, expect that they are. Is there such a thing as the reporting of truth? Since media is, by nature, a perspective, we are left with the perspectives of those who report news, none of whom have a truly omniscient perspective, as God might. Don't expect holy writ from the press. Never. This is why one must never accept what is said without doing personal investigation. Form your own opinion. Do not expect the press to ever form it for you, because all have an agenda that may not be yours.

13 days later

sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
I can fake getting a covid shot? where do I go and who do I talk to to do so.
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@sadolite
I can fake getting a covid shot? where do I go and who do I talk to to do so.
Any Trumpeteer or qanon conspiracist will help you out for free. Trumpet never got the vaccine when contracted CoVid2, he just got the 

..."Trump’s comments marked only the second time he publicly endorsed the coronavirus vaccine since the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine was approved for emergency use by the Food and Drug Administration in December. The first came during his CPAC speech on February 28 when he did so in an even more perfunctory way in the middle of attacking President Joe Biden."...