The Gospels of Jesus

Author: EtrnlVw

Total: 132
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
-->
@ethang5
The idea that how you treat the least matters the most is one I find pretty resonant.
You and millions of others. That is part of the reason 2,000 years later, we are still talking about it and atheist's still fume. It resonates with people who still have a conscience, a soul.
Doesn't explain why it resonates with me. Ba-dum-tshhh!

Really, it doesn't make me fume. But I try not to think of the Bible as "the enemy's book", so I don't resent acknowledging points of merit. I find it more beneficial to consider the Bible a piece of my imperfect human heritage. In the context of the last few thousand years, a very large piece.

If I deny all points of merit within it, then I'm forced to accept that my fellow humans are incomprehensibly following a 100% worthless, stupid book containing nothing that could resonate with anyone. That mentality would likely turn me into a hateful and contemptuous asshole, which, after flipping a coin (heads: be an asshole, tails: avoid being an asshole), I've decided to try to avoid (it was tails -- frustratingly).
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Castin
Doesn't explain why it resonates with me.
OK. But I think its the same reason for everyone. If the bible was just a book that could have been written by anyone and became popular only due to circumstances, the phenomenon would have been duplicated several times over the ages. But it never has been.

That mentality would likely turn me into a hateful and contemptuous asshole, 
Certainly turn you, not likely turn you, as we see from the 3 holes that currently plague the religion board. Guess they lost the coin toss.

it was tails -- frustratingly)
You could have gone for best out of three.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
 I'm not interested in arguing scripture with you. You don't respect it.

Then don’t respond at all you sycophantic fawning clown. My reasonable questions are far too uncomfortable for you. They are questions you haven't even ever considered because you haven't read the scriptures for yourself.

I charge before the Lord that you..."strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers."

“hearers” ?  I think you mean readers and I am not too concerned about what you “charge me with”. Just answer the questions.

And truly, you oppose yourself. You Are captive in the snare of the devil.

Well at least you can tell your elders that you have met a devil. John The Baptist had a devil too don't you know?

For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine; and ye say, He hath a devil. Luke 7:33

Have you ever once stopped to consider that it just may be you that is captive “in the snare” of  your religious teachers and your church.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5

You sound mad. In both senses of the word.

what do you mean?  Like in the jesus sense?  Mark 3: 21    TAKE YOUR PICK HAHAHHAHAHAH
When his family heard about it, they set out to take charge of him, because people were saying, "He's gone mad!" 

When his friends heard it, they went out to seize him: for they said, "He is insane."

When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, "He is out of his mind."

And when his friends had heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him. For they said: He is become mad. 

And when His own people heard of this, they went out to take custody of Him; for they were saying, “He has lost His senses.”

And his relatives heard and they went out to take hold of him, for they were saying, “He has gone out of his mind.”

When his family heard what was happening, they tried to take him away. "He's out of his mind," they said.

And when his family heard it, they went out to seize him, for they were saying, “He is out of his mind.”

When His family heard about this, they went out to take custody of Him, saying, “He is out of His mind.”

And those belonging to Him having heard, went out to seize Him; for they were saying, "He is out of His mind."

When His own people heard of this, they went out to take custody of Him; for they were saying, "He has lost His senses."

And when his friends heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him: for they said, He is beside himself.

When his family heard this, they set out to restrain him, because they said, "He's out of his mind."

When Jesus' family heard what he was doing, they thought he was crazy and went to get him under control. 

When His family heard this, they set out to restrain Him, because they said, "He's out of His mind." 

When his family heard about it, they went to restrain him, because they kept saying, "He's out of his mind!"

When his family heard this they went out to restrain him, for they said, "He is out of his mind."

And when his family heard it, they went out to take charge of him: for they said, "He is out of his mind."

When his family heard about it, they went to get him. They said, "He's out of his mind!"

And when his friends and family heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him; for they said, He is beside himself.

ethang5
ethang5
You sound crazy too. I'm glad you don't know where I am.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5

You sound crazy too

So you do mean like in the Jesus sense, then?  Mark 3: 21    TAKE YOUR PICK HAHAHHAHAHAH

And when his friends had heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him. For they said: He is become mad. 

And when His own people heard of this, they went out to take custody of Him; for they were saying, “He has lost His senses.”

And his relatives heard and they went out to take hold of him, for they were saying, “He has gone out of his mind.”

When his family heard what was happening, they tried to take him away. "He's out of his mind," they said.

And when his family heard it, they went out to seize him, for they were saying, “He is out of his mind.”

When His family heard about this, they went out to take custody of Him, saying, “He is out of His mind.”

And those belonging to Him having heard, went out to seize Him; for they were saying, "He is out of His mind."

When His own people heard of this, they went out to take custody of Him; for they were saying, "He has lost His senses."

And when his friends heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him: for they said, He is beside himself.

When his family heard this, they set out to restrain him, because they said, "He's out of his mind."

When Jesus' family heard what he was doing, they thought he was crazy and went to get him under control. 

When His family heard this, they set out to restrain Him, because they said, "He's out of His mind." 

When his family heard about it, they went to restrain him, because they kept saying, "He's out of his mind!"

When his family heard this they went out to restrain him, for they said, "He is out of his mind."

And when his family heard it, they went out to take charge of him: for they said, "He is out of his mind."

When his family heard about it, they went to get him. They said, "He's out of his mind!"

And when his friends and family heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him; for they said, He is beside himself.

When his family heard about it, they set out to take charge of him, because people were saying, "He's gone mad!" 

When his friends heard it, they went out to seize him: for they said, "He is insane."

When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, "He is out of his mind."

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
So basically the same things everyone here says about you.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
Citation?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
O dear. I am so, so wounded by the thought of "everyone" here is thinking I am as mad and  insane as the gospels say Jesus was.

JUST LOOK AT ALL THE BIBLES AGREEING THAT JESUS WAS MAD AND INSANE;

When his family heard about it, they set out to take charge of him, because people were saying, "He's gone mad!" 

When his friends heard it, they went out to seize him: for they said, "He is insane."

When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, "He is out of his mind."

And when his friends had heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him. For they said: He is become mad. 

And when His own people heard of this, they went out to take custody of Him; for they were saying, “He has lost His senses.”

When his family heard what was happening, they tried to take him away. "He's out of his mind," they said.

When His family heard about this, they went out to take custody of Him, saying, “He is out of His mind.”

When His own people heard of this, they went out to take custody of Him; for they were saying, "He has lost His senses."

And when his friends heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him: for they said, He is beside himself.

When his family heard this, they set out to restrain him, because they said, "He's out of his mind."

When Jesus' family heard what he was doing, they thought he was crazy and went to get him under control. 

When His family heard this, they set out to restrain Him, because they said, "He's out of His mind." 

When his family heard about it, they went to restrain him, because they kept saying, "He's out of his mind!"

When his family heard this they went out to restrain him, for they said, "He is out of his mind."

And when his family heard it, they went out to take charge of him: for they said, "He is out of his mind."

When his family heard about it, they went to get him. They said, "He's out of his mind!"

And when his friends and family heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him; for they said, He is beside himself.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAH 

ethang5
ethang5

O dear. I am so, so wounded by the thought of "everyone" here is thinking I am as mad and  insane as the gospels say Jesus was.
Why would you be wounded? You're loopy. You don't know you're a few beers shy of a six pack. I don't think you're wounded at all. You're just going on your merry crazy way.

JUST LOOK AT ALL THE BIBLES
If it was as bad as you think, the bible would not have noted it. No matter how many times you post it, it's just people saying they thought Jesus may be beside Himself.

Yet, 2,000 years later and Jesus is still worshipped. Still imitated. Still studied. Still revered. Still respected. Still hated by dolts like you.

Now you. No one is going to remember you 5 years from now. You will forever be thought of as a loopy kook. Still be considered a loon with mental problems.

That makes you mad doesn't it? Post your verses again and do the loony laugh, that might make you feel better. Won't change you being known as a retard, but you'll feel good.

Be careful, I think bully has copyrighted the loony laugh, though he calls it the donkey bray.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
Now you. No one is going to remember you 5 years from now. You will forever be thought of as a loopy kook.

Bwuahahahahahaha
disgusted
disgusted
There are no gospels of Jesus, there are only gospels of John, Paul, George and Ringo I think.
Stephen
Stephen
 I don't think you're wounded at all.

I am glad you worked that out for yourself. Your not much good at anything else especially understanding your own scriptures.

If it was as bad as you think, the bible would not have noted it. 

SO THEY WOULD HAVE LEFT IT OUT THEN? So you are admitting then the these gospel writers would and do hide things that they deem to be embarrassing and go against the  general belief  of Jesus and his nature

it's just people saying they thought Jesus may be beside Himself.
Stop trying to play this down AND STOP TELLING LIES.  All of those  DIFFERENT gospels do not even mention the words  "MAY BE". So stop trying to rewrite the scriptures.

LOOK>>>

because people were saying, "He's gone mad!" 

for they said, "He is insane."

for they said, "He is out of his mind."

For they said: He is become mad. 

for they were saying, “He has lost His senses.”

for they were saying, “He has gone out of his mind.”

"He's out of his mind," they said.

for they were saying, “He is out of his mind.”

saying, “He is out of His mind.”

for they were saying, "He is out of His mind."

for they were saying, "He has lost His senses."

for they said, He is beside himself.

because they said, "He's out of his mind."

they thought he was crazy 

because they said, "He's out of His mind." 

because they kept saying, "He's out of his mind!"

They said, "He's out of his mind!"

for they said, He is beside himself.

YOU SEE:  NOT A SINGLE MAY BE IN ALL OF THOSE DIFFERENT BIBLES.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
Now you. No one is going to remember you 5 years from now. You will forever be thought of as a loopy kook. 

Just look at what you wrote there you imbecile. One the one hand I am not going to be remembered at all. THEN YOU SAY I will be FOREVER thought of......... hahahahhahahahahhahahhahahh.

You just cannot help yourself can you. Try praying for some common sense and literacy skills next time you down on your knees.
ethang5
ethang5
I don't think you're wounded at all.

I am glad you worked that out for yourself.
Of course. We know you're lying because we see that you've posted.

Your not much good at anything else especially understanding your own scriptures.
But unlike you, I can read.

If it was as bad as you think, the bible would not have noted it. 
SO THEY WOULD HAVE LEFT IT OUT THEN? 

No, it isn't what you think. You just stupidly think that if the bible mentions what a person thought, that thing was true. Of course, you will dismiss all the good thoughts people had about Jesus, and lock on to the negative thoughts like a wino on a bottle of rotgut. But we know you, so no surprise.

So you are admitting then the these gospel writers would and do hide things that they deem to be embarrassing and go against the  general belief  of Jesus and his nature
No jasper. The gospel writers tell us there was nothing bad about Jesus. You, being an idiot, think other people's thoughts describe Him, but only the negative thoughts. For some reason, you will never post the many verses where people thought He was, God, the Savior, the Messiah, or From God. Could that be because you're a little soft in the head?

it's just people saying they thought Jesus may be beside Himself.
Stop trying to play this down AND STOP TELLING LIES.

Nothing in the bible needs to be played down, and nothing I've said is a lie. That is all it is. That you stupidly think its something else is funny. Basically you've posted the same Verse more than 30 times. Because, as I've said, your rush comes from posting. You aren't here for debate or dialogue. You're just a moron spray painter thinking his graffiti means something.

All of those  DIFFERENT gospels do not even mention the words  "MAY BE".
They don't have to homer. Peoples thoughts are not necessarily true. "they thought he was crazy". So what?

So stop trying to rewrite the scriptures.
I am the one posting scripture. You stupidly think the Bible is saying Jesus was crazy. But that only makes people think you're crazy.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
No jasper. The gospel writers tell us there was nothing bad about Jesus. You, being an idiot, think other people's thoughts describe Him, but only the negative thoughts. For some reason, you will never post the many verses where people thought He was, God, the Savior, the Messiah, or From God. Could that be because you're a little soft in the head?
Why would your god say he was mad and that there was nothing wrong with him, your god contradicts himself a lot.
Nothing in the bible needs to be played down, and nothing I've said is a lie.
But it would seem that what your says is a lie.
Have you ever heard that the bible is the word of god, anything you deny from the bible means you are denying the words of your god, you do that a lot aren't you afraid of hell?

You stupidly think the Bible is saying Jesus was crazy.
When you know that it's actually god's word that says that, don't you.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5

That is because it actually states the they all thought he was mad and insane and unbalanced and had lost his mind. What gave the people and his own family reason to believe that? 

Nothing in the bible needs to be played down,

But you have admitted that anything negative about Jesus would have been left out and " not noted". .

This is what you have wrote at post 100 page 4 above >>>

ethang5 wrote : If it was as bad as you think, the bible would not have noted it. 

The gospel writers tell us there was nothing bad about Jesus.
Lets see where it states that then and I will believe you. Until then I can say with confidence that knowhere do these scriptures state any such thing, you liar!

Stephen wrote: All of those  DIFFERENT gospels do not even mention the words  "MAY BE". 
Ethang5 replied: They don't have to homer. Peoples thoughts are not necessarily true. "they thought he was crazy". So what?
Then why do you say they do say " may be"? yes and these people - his mother and brothers -  were actually there weren't they? Surely they would know the state of this madman's mind much better than you. Why should I not believe these witnesses.

Get over yourself fool, you don't read your scriptures and the bits you have read you don't understand.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen

That is because it actually states the they all thought he was mad
They thought, jasper. They thought.

What gave the people and his own family reason to believe that? 
Idiots like you claiming He was crazy.

Nothing in the bible needs to be played down,

But you have admitted that anything negative about Jesus would have been left out and " not noted". .
I did not "admit that", you're just too stupid to understand. If the verse is so bad that you'd post it more than 30 times, why would it be in the bible? You must be looking at it wrong. And lo! You are.

This is what you have wrote at post 100 page 4 above >>>

ethang5 wrote : If it was as bad as you think, the bible would not have noted it. 
So then, because it is there, it isn't as bad as you think. See the off/ on button beside your brain? Switch it to on.

The gospel writers tell us there was nothing bad about Jesus.

Lets see where it states that then and I will believe you.
No you won't liar. You will just cherry pick and refuse to accept those verses. But read the first chapter of John.

Until then I can say with confidence that knowhere do these scriptures state any such thing, you liar!
You've learned to hedge with, "until then". Lol. Good.

Stephen wrote: All of those  DIFFERENT gospels do not even mention the words  "MAY BE". 
Ethang5 replied: They don't have to homer. Peoples thoughts are not necessarily true. "they thought he was crazy". So what?

Then why do you say they do say " may be"?
Poor reading comprehension.  I did not say they said, I said they thought He might be crazy. And that is true, that is what they thought. You stupidly think what they thought must have been true.

yes and these people - his mother and brothers -  were actually there weren't they? Surely they would know the state of this madman's mind much better than you. Why should I not believe these witnesses.
You're too stupid to not believe them. Go ahead and believe it. That way I get to keep tossing you as a loon. That's fun.

Get over yourself fool, you don't read your scriptures and the bits you have read you don't understand.
OK. But you're still the idiot thinking "they thought" means, ."it was so".

And Jesus is still loved and worshipped the world over, and you're still just a loony wingnut on the net parading your stupidity.

That must make you angry huh?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Stephen
That is because it actually states the they all thought he was mad and insane and unbalanced and had lost his mind. What gave the people and his own family reason to believe that? 

No it doesn't say they "all" thought He was mad......I think you're missing what Ethan is saying, there was some murmuring among some people that they "thought" Jesus was out of His mind, and that is not because Jesus was out of His mind, it was because He was doing and saying things out of the norm. No, it does not say EVRYONE thought Jesus was crazy, nor does it say the authors thought so, it simply states there was a rumor going around, just as there were Pharisees and Sadducees that thought Jesus' power came from Demons. Anytime you have a super hero spiritual guy like Jesus you have the negative forces nipping at His toes.
So yes, in an age gone religiously mad itself there were those who thought Jesus was crazy, and as Ethan points out who cares? many people think spiritual things are crazy even now, so why would it be any different then? as well Jesus was teaching and preaching against the religious system that was in power, doing things that the ignorant religious authorities would not dare at the time. All in all, this would lead people to think one way or another about Jesus whether they were right or wrong and the Gospels writers added it the text. But I think we both know Jesus was not insane, out of the normal sure, but not mad. His actions and heart suggest otherwise, His teachings timeless and influential. As long as the soul exists (which they do) the teachings of Jesus will always resonate with other souls acknowledging a Creator and their passion towards that reality. You can never take that fact away, Jesus is both cherished/admired/loved and hated and it was so when He walked the earth.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@EtrnlVw
Thank you EtrnlVw, another good post.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
Peoples thoughts are not necessarily true.
So your god was lying? Why do you worship a liar? Role model perhaps?

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
That must make you angry huh?
Nah but it makes you foam at the mouth, hahahaha.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
Support for the Jester of the god worlds, how bizarre.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
Stephen wrote:
That is because it actually states the they all thought he was mad 
ethang5 replied They thought, jasper. They thought. 

Not true and more lies. why do you insist on lying and attempting to rewrite the bible?

LOOK it mentions NOWHERE that these people including his family just simply " thought" he was mad. They stated it as fact and it has been written as such
LOOK you clown. everyone else can read it except you and that other fawning sycophant.

YOU WILL NOT EVEN SEE THE WORDS   "  THEYTHOUGHT"  IN THESE BIBLICAL EXAMPLES BELOW BAR ONE MODERN BIBLE WRITEN IN 1991

Stephen
Stephen
it simply states there was a rumor going around
 Nope. No mention of "rumour" in the scripture. His own family though he was mad.
 example:

"When his family heard about it, they went to get him. They said, "He's out of his mind!"
 Who are you to contradict  his BIRTH MOTHER!!!
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen

🔩🔩
Coo coo!
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
"When his family heard about it, they went to get him. They said, "He's out of his mind!"

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
Contemporary English VersionWhen Jesus' family heard what he was doing, they thought he was crazy 

Lol. Take your med retard. You're foaming at the mouth.

Stephen
Stephen

Yes they did think he was crazy as  verse above attest to and had to take control of him,  because they were there, they were related to Jesus and they would know a family member a lot better than you. 

I ask you again, who are you to contradict the Virgin Mary who is held blessed among all women the Holy Mother of God Jesus?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
How long did it take for you to find one obscure translation that supports your idiotic claim?