The Gospels of Jesus

Author: EtrnlVw

Total: 132
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
Heretics, schismatics, heterodox, like I said.

If atheists all agree, I will from now on associate you with the atheistic Soviet Union that killed millions of my brothers in faith and did everything they could to destroy the church.

The way you talk, I wouldn't be surprised if you condoned that sort of thing.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
If atheists all agree, I will from now on associate you with the atheistic Soviet Union that killed millions of my brothers in faith and did everything they could to destroy the church......  I wouldn't be surprised if you condoned that sort of thing.

What an absolutely disgraceful thing to say!!!

Atheist agree that there is no god, you FKN idiot!!!!  I have reported your disgusting comment,
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Outplayz
It's actually deeper than this the way i see it. Bc it wasn't only for his friends. It was also for murders, rapists, and to prove this, evil people were right next to him (if that was left out it wouldn't be construed for everyone which is quite brilliant "bad" "evil" men were next to him). That is why i think it is genius. There is no other story that would cover everyone. If he had only done miracles, people would say he would only do it for people he likes. If he only said it, people would think he lied. To die a torturous death with the intention of it being for everyone leaves no room for doubt it was for everyone (especially since evil people were next to him and he said it's for them too). That's why i think there is no other story that one could tell that would be for everyone. In that, it's genius, but let's not forget i only think it's a story. With that said, i do respect how good of a story it was/is. 

Great post I agree. Even though it could be said the name of Jesus is somewhat overrated I believe Jesus' actual actions are underrated. People underestimate what Jesus actually went through or allowed himself to absorb, he could have went and hid or ran off at the Garden of Gethsemane where he sweat blood but he went right into it without any fight or resistance. The passage where he sates "“My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will.” really shows the weight of this and the level of Jesus' courage and loyalty.
Death is a hard thing to overcome and Jesus not only talked it but actually went and surrendered to it. That is impressive. The same can't be said IMO for terrorists and suicidal "martyrs", where they might sacrifice their body in a fit of emotional rage and or have nothing to loose because of a shitty life. In the case with Jesus, he had plenty of time to premeditate it and as well He didn't have a miserable life, His motive was not rage but love, that also is impressive. There is a big difference between doing something out of rage and anger as opposed to going through with something out of love and surrender to set the standards higher. 

Personally, I think Jesus existed TBH. For one, there is no legit motive or reason anyone would have made up this character and or lie about the Gospels. I think if Jesus hadn't actually existed the Gospel accounts would have never made it this far besides, there are too many factors that indicate that this took place. Now that being said, I'm not talking about the legitimacy of the authors and their testimony per say. I think it is more than likely a spiritual Master in the form of Jesus existed. As well, the Gospels have actual content and legit spirituality. Even if Jesus never existed one still has to deal with the content and meanings of the teachings, parables, illustrations, commands ect ect..
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
Jesus was not a christian, he was a Jew if he ever existed.
disgusted
disgusted
@ET
"“My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will.”
Who recorded that?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Nominate the real church.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
Really? Report me? All these times you called me a clown and I never reported you.

Still won't.

I didn't say anything reportable though.

The way you crusade though, you might as well be consenting to us Christians being put into mental hospitals and tortured to death while sadists say things like..

"I thank God, who I do not believe, for allowing me to execute every kind of evil in my heart that I desire."

Which is the kind of things Soviet torturers used to say to the millions who were killed in the campaign against the church.

And they do this kind of thing in every single country that is oppressed by godless commies.

You are working for them even if you don't know it.

And I sincerely wish that you repent and confess The Truth, because I love you, and don't wish hell on you.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
Really? Report me? All these times you called me a clown and I never reported you.

Being likened to a clown that you are,  is not anywhere near  being aligned and associated with mass murder of MILLIONS and suggesting that  I "condoned that sort of thing".  What you have accused me of is of the most vile nature of human actions ever.

You are sick if that is the best you can come up with to counter anything I have posted and your god and your gospels. 

LOOK AGAIN AT WHAT YOU WROTE YOU ABSOLUTE VILE CHRISTIAN.

Mopac WROTE : If atheists all agree, I will from now on associate you with the atheistic Soviet Union that killed millions of my brothers in faith and did everything they could to destroy the church......  I wouldn't be surprised if you condoned that sort of thing.

The way you crusade though, you might as well be consenting to us Christians being put into mental hospitals and tortured to death while sadists say things like..

It is the scriptures that I have a problem with you disgusting vile clown.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5

Jesus was not a christian,....
NP one said He was. You were asked, what denomination was Jesus? The correct answer is, "Jesus had no denomination."

...he was a Jew if he ever existed.
He still had no denomination. Dodge it all you want, but there it stands, the founder of Christianity had no denomination, and the bible, the holy book of Christians, lists no denominations.

Which is why idiots have to use wiki.

These are Jews like Jesus was. Check it out.
Stephen
Stephen
 the founder of Christianity had no denomination,
hahahhahahahhahahhahahha  WHAT A TOTAL CLOWN!!!!!!!!!
ethang5
ethang5
The founder of Christianity is not wikipedia, goober.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
Hahahahaha, so ignorant. The mythical Jesus was a Jew, that's the religion he belonged to. What denomination of Judaism did he belong to, there were many genius.
The only one dodging is you Cletus, as usual. You don't have anything to write when you can't spew your hatred and vitriol, you poor thing
ethang5
ethang5
Thank you for confirming that Jesus, the founder of Christianity, had no denomination.

The only one dodging is you Cletus
Yes. He didn't fall for the rope-a-dope like you did. He thinks wikipedia proves that Christianity has denominations.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
It's your claim that 1st century Judaism had no denominations and, as always, you are wrong Cletus.
Keep it up, I don't think you will try to defend your erroneous position for as long as your futile attempt at defending your amputee nonsense but give it your best shot.
I, for one, get much merriment from your pathetic attempts.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
You hate the scriptures, you hate Jesus, you hate Christianity, you hate Christians.

Well, I still love you, and wish for you to come to repentance and acknowledgment of The Truth.

Mopac
Mopac
"I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and thatyour joy might be full. This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and thatyour fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. These things I command you, that ye love one another.

If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me. If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin. He that hateth me hateth my Father also. If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father. But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning."

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
You hate the scriptures,
No. I disagree with them for the most part. I find them interesting as any historian would. 

you hate Jesus,
Nope. wrong again. Never met the man. I just think the gospel writers are hiding the truth about him and his story.

you hate Christianity,

Wrong again. 

you hate Christians.

Wrong again

I wish for you to come to repentance and acknowledgment of The Truth.

When you start addressing my questions I may find I have something to "repent" for. until then. I have nothing to be concerned about.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Mopac
Beautiful passage Mopac, I love reading that. All the more perfect when read against the fakery of Stephen. Thanks.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
You reject anything contrary to your conclusions, so I have determined that answering your questions serves no purpose but to stir up fruitless argumentation.

You, after all, already know.

So what can I say? What you believe is not what the church teaches.

And what you are doing may overthrow the faith of some, even children, who don't know better. 

Mopac
Mopac
"At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?

And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, and said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!

Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire. And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven. For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray? And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray. Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?

Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven. Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants. And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made. The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.

But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest. And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt. So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done. Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me: Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee? And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.

So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses."

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
You reject anything contrary to your conclusions,

Stop it, you drama clown You offer nothing at all to counter my argument or even answer my questions.

so I have determined that answering your questions

You have never answered any. Try this one that I have asked you ten times now:

Why didn't Jesus simply eradicate leprosy instead of just curing a few lepers?

What you believe is not what the church teaches.

Well there's a surprise!  The operative words here are "what the church teaches". 

And what you are doing may overthrow the faith of some,

Drama, drama, drama,That is not my intention and I don't believe I could and never have believed that. Just offering up an opinion on how I read these scriptures and asking questions that you simply cannot answer and do not like because they make you uncomfortable and are  hard for you to  face.

even children, who don't know better. 

No sunshine. That will be you who has been indoctrinated from birth.

Stephen
Stephen
"At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?
And where about is the "kingdom of heaven"? Come on now. that should be easy enough for you to answer. You spout it enough times.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen

Because that isn't what happened.

Why didn't Jesus simply turn the Earth into a cotton candy gumdrop land where bullets make people giggle, and there are puppies and kitties in every cloud?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen

"And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
I can believe you don't know what you are doing. It would be better for you if you accepted rebuke.

"Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do."

Stephen
Stephen
Because that isn't what happened.

I know. I asked why and   you AGAIN have failed again to answer it haven't you, you coward. Shows how stupid the story really is doesn't it when laid bare.

Why didn't Jesus simply turn the Earth into a cotton candy gumdrop land where bullets make people giggle, and there are puppies and kitties in every cloud?

I don't know you clown. but that wasn't my question was it?

Here is my question try answering it !!

AND YOU HAVE SKIPPED THIS ONE AGAIN TOO!!!!

And where about is the "kingdom of heaven"? Come on now. that should be easy enough for you to answer. You spout it enough times.

"Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do."
Thankfully, I do know what I do. I pose questions from these unreliable scriptures to clowns like you that I know you just cannot answer logically  and with common sense..

Get mad

I can't get mad at watching you wriggle like the little worm you are. But i do get some satisfaction every time you fail to defend these unreliable scriptures.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
I'm not interested in arguing scripture with you. You don't respect it.

I charge before the Lord that you...

"strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers."

The scriptures also instruct me...

"foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will."

And truly, you oppose yourself. You are captive in the snare of the devil.

So what can I do? I pray that God lead you into repentance and acknowledgment of The Truth so that you my be liberated from these bonds.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
I can't get mad....
You sound mad. In both senses of the word.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Jesus didn't say that.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
You sound mad. In both senses of the word.

Now that is funny.