Government wants to control your life?

Author: Double_R

Total: 231
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
HEALTH AND SAFETY REGULATIONS CRIPPLE EMPLOYERS ABILITY TO HIRE DESPERATE PEOPLE FOR CHEAP

No they don't People work under the table all the time and flip you the bird for imposing "regulations"

people know what they want more than you do.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Athias
BECAUSE THE MARKET REFUSES TO COMPENSATE RELATIVE TO LAB OR SUPPLY
Minimum-wage refuses to compensate relative to labor supply, not the market.
MINIMUM WAGE IS A FACTOR WHEN THERE IS AN OVERSUPPLY OF LABOR, BUT NOT WHEN THERE IS AN UNDERSUPPLY
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
HEALTH AND SAFETY REGULATIONS CRIPPLE EMPLOYERS ABILITY TO HIRE DESPERATE PEOPLE FOR CHEAP
No they don't People work under the table all the time and flip you the bird for imposing "regulations"

people know what they want more than you do.
ISN'T YOUR ENTIRE ARGUMENT A SUGGESTION THAT ABOLISHING HEALTH AND SAFETY REGULATIONS WOULD BE GOOD FOR BUSINESS ?

Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@3RU7AL
YOUR ACTIVITY AND PSYCHOLOGICAL STATE IS SHAPED BY YOUR PREVIOUS INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER HUMANS AND ALSO SHAPES YOUR FUTURE INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER HUMANS (IN BOTH "POSITIVE" AND "NEGATIVE" AND BOTH "NEUTRAL" AND "UNKNOWN" WAYS)
Can the influence of one's masturbation be observed in the interaction with others?

*Note: I meant "Even masturbation?" as a joke, when I started, but I'm interested to see where this discussion goes.

MINIMUM WAGE IS A FACTOR WHEN THERE IS AN OVERSUPPLY OF LABOR, BUT NOT WHEN THERE IS AN UNDERSUPPLY
Minimum-wage creates an shortage/under-supply of legally employable labor.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
SN'T YOUR ENTIRE ARGUMENT A SUGGESTION THAT ABOLISHING HEALTH AND SAFETY REGULATIONS WOULD BE GOOD FOR BUSINESS ?

Abolishing regulations is always good for the consumer. In EVERY case. Unless you believe the consumer is too stupid to make good choices.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
MINIMUM WAGE IS A FACTOR WHEN THERE IS AN OVERSUPPLY OF LABOR, BUT NOT WHEN THERE IS AN UNDERSUPPLY
Minimum wage is yet another fucked up power regulation by Oligarchs that make the decision on behalf of "stupid" workers to decline a low paying job on their behalf.

In a free society, the consumer gets to choose whether to accept or decline a job, not the government.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
It's not that government doesn't have the right to do such, but that we know the effects of what happens when government is given too much power. It leads into a domino effect in which the government starts obtaining more powers and denying the individuals their certain freedoms because of their powers. Too much government regulation is negative.

I am not an anti masker. If you are not vax'd you should wear a mask, but the government should not be able to force you to wear a mask with that mandate. However, if a private institution requires you to wear a mask, you need to wear a mask. If your job requires you to be vax'd, quit your job or get vax'd. You have the freedom to choose such. If the government forces you to do such things, it denies people's freedoms to choose

I disagree with anti-vaxx people and anti-mask w/o vax, but the government can't tell them what to do, but a business can.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@3RU7AL
This argument makes no sense. You are going to limit someone's right to do something because of safety regulations.

What if I kiss someone and they have herpes. Do you just outlaw kissing or any other form of STD? No. You go into it knowing the risk and if that risk fails, it's on you
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Vader
What if I kiss someone and they have herpes?
One example of strict government regulation in the economy would be FDA regulations requiring food producers to label their products with accurate nutritional information. For the sake of fitting that with your analogy here, what if someone has herpes and you don't know they do?
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@Greyparrot
....Minimum wage is yet another fucked up power regulation...
The point is to have compassion for humans.  A minimal standards set for living. If empathy centers are inactive then of course you will never understand.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Vader
...It's not that government doesn't have the right to do such,...

They do not have any rights.   Universe has cosmic principle and physical laws that limit human freedoms.  Those who feel they need freedom to violate those cosmic aws and principles need to consult Universe/God.

Beyond that, it is all a 1} free for all set for humans to do whatever they want and any chaotic random disorderly way they choose to and face the consequences, or,

2] to choose more orderly organized ways of inter-acting that attempts regulation via human laws.

Free for all is who has most guns tells others what to do.

Organized governement is attempt at civilized way of creating a commonly shared set of fair/just and compassionate laws, that hopefully based on intellect and love of life.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ebuc
 A minimal mandated standard set for living.

Live free or die trying.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ebuc
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Athias
 Oscar Winner Ernest Borgnine Dies at 95
Many praised his acting and his kind nature, and others recalled his quip in a 2008 interview where he said that his secret to longevity was: “I masturbate a lot.”

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Wylted
Your right, the aids epidemic was not started in bath houses that spread disease, and a degenerate society does not effect the children in those societies. 
Sodomy laws have been around since before the constitution was drafted. AIDS has nothing to do with it. 
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@3RU7AL
It isn’t the same in the slightest. I was talking about laws governing how we have sex - something that has absolutely nothing to do with anyone outside of the bedroom. Mask wearing, vaccination passports, or take your pick, whatever you think about them, absolutely impact other people.
EVERY SINGLE THING YOU DO IMPACTS OTHER PEOPLE.
So now you’re going down the rabbit hole of just equating everything.

If you think there is a valid comparison between the government telling you what sex acts you are allowed to partake in vs the government telling you that you must take precautions to avoid spreading a deadly disease to other people then you have serious issues I can’t resolve.

GOVERNMENTS abhor any perceived threat to their absolute whimsical authority.

This is easily demonstrated by even a cursory review of history.

Occam's razor says,

GOVERNMENTS will use any CRISIS, whether "real" or "imagined" to erode INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS AND PERSONAL FREEDOMS.
Not one thing you are saying makes any sense and you are completely ignoring the central point of this entire thread.

I already went through this in the OP.

Governments are made up of individual people, so when you say “government wants X” you are saying that the individual people within the government want X. Yet the thing that you are claiming they want is detrimental to their own personal interests as citizens under this same government. Explain how you think this makes sense.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Athias
Your rationale is flawed. There's no empirical evidence that a COVID-19 vaccine has saved a life. *It's a method of inoculation*  There is evidence that COVID-19 vaccines immediately after administration have led to death. So in accordance with your rationale's logic, the government wants you to die.
So the fact that 99% of COVID deaths are among the unvaccinated is not evidence to you that vaccines are saving lives, and you believe based on evidence you didn’t cite (because there isn’t any) that vaccines are killing people.

I remember when info wars was the only place you would find complete lunatics. Now they’re everywhere. We’re so fucked.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@TheUnderdog
I personally think the government should encourage but not mandate seatbelts as people should be free to decide their own risk tolterance.
Do you also believe women should be free to choose what they do with their own body?
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@Double_R
So the fact that 99% of COVID deaths are among the unvaccinated is not evidence to you that vaccines are saving lives, and you believe based on evidence you didn’t cite (because there isn’t any) that vaccines are killing people.
You're the one who attempted to associate the government's attempt to encourage/mandate vaccination with its attempt to save your life. And evidence that the COVID-19 vaccines "saves lives" has yet to be produced. Evidence of deaths after the administration of the vaccine are easily available. You have a search engine; put it to use.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Greyparrot
Live free or die trying.
Spoken like a true Trumpet, trumpeteer cultist. Sad.  Anti-mask or die, anti-vax or die, anti-moral integrity or die, anti-compassion or die, etc.

The point is to have compassion for humans.  A minimal standards set for living. If Trumpet and trumpeteers empathy centers in brain are inactive then of course you will never understand or feel compassion for other humans, unless, like narrcistic and immoral Trumpet, they kiss the earth you walk on. Sad :--(

Yeah, and unfortunately that is 8 billion plus-rising, with anti-qua-ted operation systems that, are destroying the ecological systems that sustain us, with toxins i.e. particles of this and that in larger amounts in places where they do harm to the eco-systems that sustain us.

..Trumpeteer  candidate in 20 16, 2020..'what me worry'... Alfred E Neuman for president  https://www.chisholm-poster.com/posters/CL50915.html

I believe, that MRI scan of Trumpet and his trumpeteers  compared to normal people { some bell curve average } we would find irregular abnormalities. They have some sickness in the brain.  

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ebuc
Live free or die trying.
Spoken like a true Trumpet, trumpeteer cultist.

Europeans don't get the reference. It's part of American History.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Athias
 Evidence of deaths after the administration of the vaccine are easily available. 

The people who are most likely to die from the Delta variant are likely going to be the same obese and old people as last year, vaccinated or not. Maybe losing weight instead of sitting on your ass at home for a year could have saved those people with the "proper" government "mandates"
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Greyparrot
Europeans don't get the reference. It's part of American History.

Trying to compare Trumpet and trumpeteers to Bruce Willis yippie kye yay cop cowboy character, is a bit like trying to compare Bugs Bunny to Marilyn Monroe.

Government is good and bad but all Trumpet and trumpeteers, Qanons etc want to see and  is the bad, a false narrative more bad and repeated false narratives of extreme bad.  Trumpet and trumpeteers only see bad except when they look in the mirror, then they see only good, excessive good, and extreme good.

Narcissism  is a disease that cause dysfunction of the brain.  ...' what me worry '...see icon of dog with rainbow hazed glasses, aka,  GP on trumpeteer high.

Mesmer
Mesmer
-->
@ebuc
You have a dreadful habit of derailing a lot of conversations with ideologically possessed babbling about Trump and his followers.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Mesmer
He is European. They have a fascination with celebrities.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Mesmer
You have a dreadful habit of derailing a lot of conversations with ideologically possessed babbling about Trump and his followers.

Trumpet { ex-president of USA ego government } and trumpeteers { majority of republicans in office } = dreadful political concerns

If you find  yourself in dreadful state, just follow GP's lead, get a dog, with hazy rainbow glasses and repeat this phrase....' what, me worry '....

3 { triangulation aka to get a fix/location on something } times 66.4 { Cosmic Pi-Time } time speed-of-radiation = a value that equals the number of humans on Earth around 2013 - 2015.  Add in 7 generations is about 210 years { old indian saying for considerate humans to think of consequences of their actions out 7  generations into the future, ergo,

my end-date-for-humanity 2232 { approximately }.  So if that prognostication has any validity to it  ---please share if you have a better end-date---, then who or what is controling this that or who, may be pivotal in whether that end-date comes to fruition.

Mesmer, have you ever seen the movie Dr Strangelove with Peter Sellers?  Governments built ---or paid to have built---  and have authority of all hydrogen bombs on Earth.  LINK

.....' Why Dr. Strangelove is more depressingly relevant than ever
...' Fifty years after its release, Stanley Kubrick's Cold War classic still has plenty to teach us about global politics '.

I can easily picture Trumpet as Dr Strangelove and the cult trumpeteer followers cheering them all the way to ground, or as Sadolite has  stated about humanity, ' good riddance '. Hey I understand his sentiment.  I too go through those phases of consciousness.  I generalize all trumpeteers, but it is not fair cause were all humans with varying degrees of sympathy for Trumpet and his republican cohorts.

I sure as hell dont want Trumpet or any of his ilk --Qanon, paranoid Lizard peoples  conspiracies etc---  near any authoritarian access to hydrogen bombs, and other powers that be with government.  

Mesmer
Mesmer
-->
@Greyparrot
He is European. They have a fascination with celebrities.
I'm fairly certain that most races around the world have fascination with celebrities.

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Athias
You're the one who attempted to associate the government's attempt to encourage/mandate vaccination with its attempt to save your life.
Um… yeah, that’s kind of the entire point. Unless you’re stupid enough to think a bunch of democrats sat around at a table saying “hm, how can we control the people’s lives today? I know, let’s pretend this pandemic is serious and give people $100 to get it”.

And evidence that the COVID-19 vaccines "saves lives" has yet to be produced.
So you think it’s, what… coincidence that 99% of COVID deaths at this point are of the unvaccinated? No seriously, do you really believe that?

Evidence of deaths after the administration of the vaccine are easily available.
Of course there are, on places like Info Wars and Facebook. Places where people are too stupid to realize that being vaccinated and dying does not mean the vaccine killed you, and who also don’t understand basic probabilities… namely that the same people most vulnerable to the virus and therefore the ones who got vaccinated first were also the people most likely to die soon due to their age and/or medical condition.
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@Double_R
This is a talking point I hear constantly from the right; the idea that “the left”, or “the government” just wants to control our lives.

I don't believe it is controversial to say that power is a corrupting force. That being said, I think that most politicians aren't that power-hungry that their primary motivation for doing something is controlling others. Maybe it is just the cherry on top for some.

Most likely the main people that believe that are libertarians that think that the government telling people what to do is a bad thing all the time, and therefore it must be nefarious.

I mean, I support drug bans, and I don't get a hard-on thinking of all the junkies having a harder time finding heroin to shoot up lol. I just want less junkies overall.

Lefties will not too uncommonly say the same types of arguments when we propose abortion bans. They say that we just want to control women/hate women and that's why we do it, when the vast majority of people who oppose abortion do so because they think it is literal murder.

TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Double_R
I'm reluctantly pro choice, although the woman really shouldn't have had sex and the man really shouldn't have coerced her into having sex.  Premarital sex shouldn't be prohibited, but strongly discouraged as it solves so many of our problems.  The real question isn't, "How can one be against seatbelt mandatorization yet against abortion rights." as abortion is preventable by abstinence and contraception which society is too lazy to be willing to employ.  The real question is, "How can one be pro choice and support mandatory seatbelts".  You'd figure pro choicers would want seatbelts to be optional, since they are the ones so obsessed with choice.  Instead, pro choicers almost always drink the left wing kool aid and they believe everything the left tells them to believe even if it goes against their own principles.  The right does this too.  They support small government yet want the government involved with the business of undocumented immigrants.

Both parties suck, that's why everyone should be an independent.