Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@MisterChris
What is your role verbatim 
Lunatic
Lunatic
I wanna take a closer look at pie this phase too. He seems to be putting very little effort in and was really quick on the supa wagon. I feel like town pie puts in a bit more of his own opinion here regardless of the game design.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
DP ends in slightly less than 12 hours 
Lunatic
Lunatic
vtl iLikePie5
Lunatic
Lunatic
Btw I obviously retract my initial statement at this point now that we know everyone has the same role. We should all make it known before the day phase ends what our intentions our with our vigilantes tonight and be prepared to defend your use of vig the next day phase. My biggest scum reads are misterchris, and iLikePie5 with pie getting the slight edge. This may change before the end of the phase but right now those are the two I am considering using my vig shots on tonight.
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@Lunatic
dethy is a mafia setup bro
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Earth
What are your thoughts on who may be scum here?
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
unvote

VTL Chris
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Lunatic
Will say that I agree with you on both MC and Pie standing out. I can't tell if MC just misread his role (I know I asked Wylted to clarify it) or if he's trying to blend in, but either way, it's a pretty haphazard job he's doing. Pie is entirely behavioral at this point, just surprised by the lack of activity coming from him up to now. I'll unvote Supa on the basis that I can't really see the follow-up from him being scummy, given the lack of defensiveness, but I'll hold off on deciding who to sus for now. Want to see how they respond to you.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
This game could go on for like 10 DPs lol. I really don’t have the energy for that. Plus it was obvious Supa messed up. If anyone else isn’t putting effort in it’s him. Same thing with Chris with his 4x Vig and not  4x Deathproof 

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Polyglot
Also, claiming there’s a tracker after everyone but you already claimed vigilante/deathproof seems a bit scummy as well. 

I think the best bet would be to lynch you this day phase. 
I actually like this analysis from Poly.

I remember from past games that this was the exact defense Chris used when he was scum. I’ll try to find the game 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@whiteflame
@ILikePie5
What you guys think about Disci?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Here’s Chris trying to get confirmed based on role - his plan was to get lawyered for context

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
He’s the only one defending Chris. I seem to recall he relies on gut a lot though it’s been a while since I’ve played with him
Polyglot
Debates: 0
Polyglot
-->
@ILikePie5
This game could go on for like 10 DPs lol. I really don’t have the energy for that.
We can all agree to focus our vigilante kill at night on the scummiest player.  That should be enough to kill that player in one night phase and move the game along much faster. 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Lunatic
What you guys think about Disci?
Haven’t played with him in a while, can’t say anything has been a substantial red flag to me as of yet.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I doubt that there is a tracker. My bet is that everyone is a vig. The fact that you say there might be one strikes me as a town tell, just a gut feeling. I buy it for now.

Can you explain why you think it's a town tell that he thinks there would be another town role besides the thing everyone else is claiming?
Lunatic
Lunatic
unvote
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Polyglot
We can all agree to focus our vigilante kill at night on the scummiest player.  That should be enough to kill that player in one night phase and move the game along much faster. 
We also have to consider that Mafia don’t plan on shooting the same person as us. They will shoot the same townie so next night that townie dies
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
What in the OMGUS. Gonna reread the posts and see what's going on and come to a better analysis
Vader
Vader
Chris seems to play the defensive role on this with his reaction. We know lynching does nothing if town has deathproof but the use of vigilante can lead to lynches. The game setup is weird along that lines but I've never seen Chris that defensive

Pie is quick jumping votes without effort. I think Pie should be put in the scum pie as well
Vader
Vader
Poly does make a good point though. Town established the fact that it's deathproof/vig combo, even suggesting something like that is inherently weird because it assumes you don't know that as town

VTL Chris

I do find it weird why Poly decided to go at Chris for claiming 4x vig when I made the same mistake before and was not even called out for it. 
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@Lunatic
It looks like Chris is the hip thing to FOS. I don't really get what the Tracker thing is supposed to prove.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@MisterChris
You're making a lot of assumptions about the rest of TOWN that I didn't feel comfortable to make (especially given I haven't played a Wylted game before).
Regardless,  that portions of TOWN have "screwy roles" does not equate to TOWN's roles having no utility. Hence my statement:
"I say just be cautious about using roles. Only use if you are CONFIDENT in the utility it will bring TOWN."

The reason it is pretty logical to assume that others have similar roles is because 4x deathproof is an oddly specific number and a very high number of deathproof's for a townie to have. Logically is this is a normal game and scum kill you once to find out it doesn't work, they are likely going to assume you are bulletproof or were doctored or something. Initially I just wondered if all the other townies had some crazy powerful roles or something and this was gonna be one of those eyeroll games (still might be and probably is) but with all townies having a permavig the balance makes a lot more sense. However for this role to really balance or work with that idea everyone or most everyone has to have the same role. 
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
Fine. Lynch me. It won't do anything other than prove I'm deathproof. 

Anyhow, the argument people are making is myopic and stupid. If I were trying to fake claim as SCUM I would put immense care into how I claimed, as I have in literally every game I've played in as SCUM. Isn't the entire premise that I'm "too defensive and worried" about my lynch? The fact I made a typo (and, more than that, I skimmed through the DP, missing details like the fact that everyone in TOWN claimed vig... I mean, shouldn't that indicate me as TOWN, the fact I didn't realize everyone in TOWN was a vig and yet I claimed it?) runs against that premise. Not to mention the making a mountain out of a molehill. Truth is, my making a typo and skimming things has nothing to do with affiliation and has everything to do with the fact I was typing at 1:30 AM after an 8 hour shift. 

Moreover, isn't it blatantly obvious that I always considered myself a "x4 deathproof vig" despite typing it as a "x4 vig"?

1:53 AM
"For that reason I'd wager anyone with over x4 deathproofs is SCUM."

It is obvious that I was highly aware of the deathproof thing before anyone called me out on my typo. 

TOWN is screwed.

Lunatic
Lunatic
I am only slightly hesitant to vote chris here mostly because if he was scum here I would expect him to read into what was going on and be a little more eager to read into what town is claiming and be a bit more vigilant with his reading. But he hasn't played scum a whole lot, so it is very likely it is a noob scum slip.

If he made a mistake like supa did, that's one thing. It's his response to poly that has me tripped up though, because it reads exactly how badger responded to HIM in Pie's game not long ago where badger acted incredulous about chris not understanding a joke instead of just admitting it was a joke that fell flat or was misunderstood and taking responsibility for that (the humble aka town response). Now we have him flipping a table over poly calling out his mistake in claiming 4x vig by accusing him of "trying to lead a mislynch", when the same situation obviously just happened when I thought supa scum slipped. 

So does misterchris's kind of ridiculous and scummy reaction to poly outwiegh the idea that he as mafia barely bothered to read the day phase and put any effort into trying to blend in as town? I don't think scum chris would be lazy. Making mistakes is one thing, but this is just extreme lazy scum play if it is indeed a slip.

I'll have to think about this one. Would be interesting to hear more from chris though soon. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
Oh there he is
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@Lunatic
The reason it is pretty logical to assume that others have similar roles is because 4x deathproof is an oddly specific number and a very high number of deathproof's for a townie to have. Logically is this is a normal game and scum kill you once to find out it doesn't work, they are likely going to assume you are bulletproof or were doctored or something. Initially I just wondered if all the other townies had some crazy powerful roles or something and this was gonna be one of those eyeroll games (still might be and probably is) but with all townies having a permavig the balance makes a lot more sense. However for this role to really balance or work with that idea everyone or most everyone has to have the same role. 

That may be true but it still wasn't immediately obvious to me when I was posting back on page 1.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@MisterChris
First off cool your jest a bit homie, there is still plenty of time to find a better lynch option if you are town here. Saying things like "Town is screwed" doesn't help us pursue a better avenue or anything if you aren't scum.

And I'll actually say you do make a decent point with you pointing out post 85 indicates you were aware town was 4x death proof. The only counter to that is that you posted that 19 minutes after your "slip" if it was indeed a slip, so you could have potentially become aware of the accident afterwords or been made aware afterwords. That said I am still pretty hesitant because of the reasons you mentioned as well as in regards to you not being a lazy mafia player.

What are your thoughts on other players? Anyone you suspect currently?
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Earth
It looks like Chris is the hip thing to FOS. I don't really get what the Tracker thing is supposed to prove.
What is your opinion on Chris, do you agree with the FOS or not?

Any other suspects currently?