Atheists are no longer welcome here

Author: Wylted

Total: 151
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@ludofl3x
Does theory number 2 seem applicable even if theory #1 is completely deleted from this post? That's Occum's razor: the theory that adds the least complexity is often the correct answer. But for a person who believes in god as you do, you cannot delete theory #1, so you're kind of stuck working with that theory until it's proven false, right? 
No, LOL. Most of the murders God ordered or helped with were for war purposes. 

Occam's razor is more about the theory that uses less assumptions. With number one, even assuming God is real and ignoring that part of Occam's razor, we have to add in the likelihood that God is talking to somebody. 

We have 3 possibilities

1. God told this guy to murder.  (Unlikely that God has any interest in seeing this guys family die)

2. This guy lied about God ordering him to murder his family (somewhat likely, it may be a hail Mary insanity defense)

3. He wrongly thinks God told him to murder his family. Somewhat likely, because he actually did do it.

We can also look at supporting evidence to see what is happening. This guy is a returning veteran, whose wife cheated on him while he was gone. There are probably doubts about the paternity, and we know a lot of returning troops commit suicide. This indicates that he was probably pissed at his wife and explains killing the baby.

We also know he wore a bulletproof vest. If God wanted him to murder his family, why would he also be ordered to wear a vest? The body armor he wore speaks volumes about his intent. 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@3RU7AL
Thinking about this in purely logical terms, you can only eliminate the gods that never tell people to kill people.

I'm not sure which god you're thinking of, but you certainly can't eliminate ALL gods.

We already agreed it was probably not God telling him to do it, so that would still include the ones who from time to time command murder.
Wylted
Wylted
this is why atheists are not welcome here. Instead of debating an issue, they just want to rehash the same exact arguments that God doesn't exist 
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Wylted
We already agreed it was probably not God telling him to do it,
How did "we" reach this "agreement" ?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Wylted
1. God told this guy to murder.  (Unlikely that God has any interest in seeing this guys family die)
Alternative hypothesis,

SATAN told this guy to murder.

GOD made SATAN (with the full omniscient knowledge of everything that SATAN will ever do and even exactly when they will do it).

THEREFORE, GOD indirectly told this guy to murder.

Alternative hypothesis,

A brain malfunction told this guy to murder.

GOD made this guy's brain (with the full omniscient knowledge of every function and malfunction this guy's brain will ever do and even exactly when they will do it).

THEREFORE, GOD designed this guy to murder.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Atheists believe in Satan but no gods, lol.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
Stupid people are more likely than eggheads to believe in God, a new study claims.
In a move that is bound to offend millions of churchgoers, a British psychologist says he has found a link between having a high IQ and being an atheist.
The study came from Prof Richard Lynn - a retired academic at the University of Ulster who has courted controversy in the past with studies looking at sex, race and intelligence.
His latest work, published in the scientific journal Intelligence, compared religious belief and average national IQs in 137 countries.
Prof Lynn found that in only 17 per cent of countries did the proportion of people who believe in God fall below 80 per cent.
'These are virtually all the higher IQ countries,' he said
Prof Lynn said a survey of fellows of the Royal Society - Britain's science academy - found that only 3.3 per cent believed in God at a time when nearly 70 per cent of  Britons described themselves as having a faith.
I am sure Albert Einstein, Stephen Hawking and Elon Musk would agree with him. I am sure EtrnlVW and Jim Bakker would disagrre with him.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Wylted
I'm just pointing out you can't really cite Occam's Razor and invoke an undemonstrated all powerful being, as you're adding an undemonstrated cause without justifying. Not to mention you seem to know the mind of god, which I thought christians took as a big no no. And the Abraham / Isaac thing wasn't in times of war.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
Atheists believe in Satan but no gods, lol.
SATAN is (EITHER) A GOD (OR) AN AGENT OF GOD
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ludofl3x
you can't really cite Occam's Razor
Occam's Razor only really works properly for mathematical proofs.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@3RU7AL
LOL. 
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
@3RU7AL
LaVeyan Satanism for example is secular and atheistic. Satan for them is a word that symbolises qualities they wish to follow. It isn’t a physical being.

You could call it pagan too, right Polytheist-Witch?

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Atheists believe.

Something of a contradiction in terms Poly.

Theists believe......... In a GOD..... Therefore theists are more likely to believe in a GOD's antithesis.

Atheists do not accept that which cannot be known.....And so consequently, neither GODS nor their antitheses are accepted.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@zedvictor4
Atheists do not accept that which cannot be known
That's actually called agnosticism. There are agnostic atheists, but you seem like you are calling all atheists agnostic here.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Wylted
That's actually called agnosticism. There are agnostic atheists, but you seem like you are calling all atheists agnostic here.
There are also GNOSTIC atheists (Alan Watts).
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Reece101
Satanist that think of him as a concept and not a being aren't pagan. But I don't have a problem with it coming under the pagan umbrella just because it's not Christian and that's sometimes the easiest way to address things for people understand them. For instance Buddhism nobody would call them pagans even though they have no God and it's not Christian. Since atheistic Satanism is specifically a rejection of Christian beliefs I think that's why people call it pagan because the other pagan beliefs are given that title based on the fact that they're not Christian if that helps at all. Long story short yeah, lol.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Why did you bother writing the first sentence? You did not give any reasons, in fact you ended up countering it. 
Many people do this. I guess it’s way to soften the blow. 

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Reece101
This is why atheists aren't worth talking to I explained the whole goddamn thing in the rest of the post. I'm not interacting with any of you anymore.

Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Bigot. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Data in, data out Poly

You're confusing internal reality and external reality.

Imagination and what can actually be known.

Yep I know...It's the nature of the human beast.

We've evolved to rely upon concept rather than instinct.

Which might or might not be purposeful.

Though neither you nor I, actually know Poly.

Nonetheless, even from my non-deistic point of view.

GOD PRINCIPLE is still sound.......(Not to be confused with biblical floaty about blokes).

But floaty about goodies and baddies, not sound at all.

Ethereal, bearded, be-robed  Northern European Man with flowing locks of blond hair.....Or  Red Man with big horns... LOL.

It's the stuff of imagination and picture books Poly.

All down to variable data management, and ongoing and variable data transfer.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@zedvictor4
You're confusing internal reality and external reality.
QUANTA must be empirically demonstrable and or logically-necessary (and emotionally meaningless).

QUALIA must be private, unfalsifiable, personal, experiential, GNOSIS and or functionally indistinguishable from a dream (and emotionally meaningful).
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@3RU7AL
@zedvictor4
GOD PRINCIPLE.....

The most comprehensive, wholistic set is the Cosmic Trinary Outline Set.

Numerical initializing triangular set is  0 { non-counting }, 1 { counting }  2prime { only even prime number }.
---
1} quanta = significance

3} ^^vv----rational{ 2 follows 1 follows 0 } , logical { evidentary and/or scientific methodology } common sense { observation balance by prior set }---

2} qualia = significance
---

1} significant outer surface  vv

2} significant content inside

3} significant inner surface ^^

4} less significant and less relevant outside

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
This is why atheists aren't worth talking to I explained the whole goddamn thing in the rest of the post. I'm not interacting with any of you anymore.

Typical militant atheist. They aren't here so we can learn from each other, but here to proselytize.  
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ebuc
4} less significant and less relevant outside
Well stated.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@3RU7AL
@zedvictor4
Well stated.
Thanks 3ru but have added more clarified, i.e.  ' outside of the relevant operating systems under consideration', and,

on a the most cosmic scale, outside of finite Universe , are less significant to the local system under consideration, that,

can be linear { 1D }, area { 2D }, volume { 3D } and volumetric can be of two primary types;

1} spherically polyhedral set { concave { positive }-convex surface } and inside content,

2} toroidal set { positive and negative surfaces } and inside content.

Binary and algorithms are 1D yet branch out linearly,  in such a way,  so as to manipulate --via electronics { on-off/active-inactive }-- 3D { volumetric } technology.

AI is 1D { *.....*....*...*..*.* } + time

Most complex, biologic consciousness { ex woman } is organic { bi-lateral intuition } 3D{ * v * } + time. 

114 days later

RationalMadman
Debates: 567
RationalMadman
bump
Lunar108
Lunar108
-->
@Wylted
1. Be respectful, ask questions to learn about the religions, but never to challenge any of them.
satire is the ultimate form of advertising  , many people became fans and even joined christianity after watching movies about vampires or vampire hunters or even exorcism horror movies , I recall reading an article about people in china joining christianity after becoming fans of such movies while some -if not all- of those movies might be considered blasphemy to many Christians they did a very great job at promoting it  
2. When we have our worship services, you are welcome to attend but you can not participate in online holy practices like confession or drinking the blood of christ. 
I believe that I mentioned before, don't follow any religion that's ok with cannibalism, its a morality issue 
 Any ideals from Christians to make this section less welcoming to atheist ideals, is welcome.
as long as you think you can achieve that, then best of luck .
you can always block us , but then we will just keep making new accounts , I speak for myself here but I have nothing to lose .
atheists are welcome, because we want you to learn and avoid burning in hell.
do you think we're atheist because we lack knowledge about religion ?
most of the atheists are atheists because they know too much about religion 
the road to atheism is filled with read holy books , the more you read the holy book , the more you know about that religion the more atheistic you'll become .

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Lunar108
do you think we're atheist because we lack knowledge about religion ?
most of the atheists are atheists because they know too much about religion 
the road to atheism is filled with read holy books , the more you read the holy book , the more you know about that religion the more atheistic you'll become .
I understand the feeling. That's what caused me to lose my faith. I read the Bible in a really literal way and it disgusted me. Other religions did not seem much better. 

This is an old troll thread so I can't really defended anything stated in the op, but sometimes the road of knowledge can be winding, especially for those willing to challenge their own beliefs. Here is mine

Begin - theist because parents were
2. Start to become atheist because the Bible is teaching unethical things
3. Realize I have misinterpreted some things and become christian
4. Start deep diving more into the Bible and like what it says, but no evidence for God
5. Through personal revelations and experiences find God again

Stage 6 I might be atheist again. When you are open to learning and doing a lot of it, your opinions can change frequently. In 20 years we might reverse roles, maybe I meet you in 20 years and you are a Christian and I am the atheist. 

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Troll thread. One of the religion forum issues. 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Why don't you list out it's problems and we can work together to fix the ones we agree with. I think banning troll threads would be silly, so we won't agree there, but how can I be of service?