Debates: 0
n8nrgmi

here is more on the NDEs of blind people

Tarik
Debates: 1
Tarik
-->
@Double_R
The reason it falls apart is because it is incoherent.
No what’s incoherent is asking me questions on a claim I never said.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
@Tarik

God has it, and a regular person doesn't.
Freudian slip there Tarik.

You're implying that your specific version of GOD is a person.

Albeit irregular.

Infinite knowledge and power.
So what's the point of the game then Tarik.

Are we just it's play things?
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Tarik
No what’s incoherent is asking me questions on a claim I never said.
There’s nothing incoherent about questions you just don’t want to answer.

You were perfectly fine telling us that god decides what is or is not moral “through objectivity” but now that I prod you further all you do is shut down and then use the fact that you shut down as some sort of defense.
Tarik
Tarik
-->
@Double_R
Let’s try this… when God gives a moral command, does he command it because it is moral or is it moral because he commands it?
Why does it have to be either or? The two aren’t mutually exclusive and the term vice versa exists for a reason, so for arguments sake my answer is both.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
The gods are beings that come from a planet that's not just the gods dropped out of the sky they're not the f****** Moon.

Ok. Keep your hat on Witch, you have been very well behaved up to this point.  Would you agree then that anything coming to Earth from another planet is alien to the Earth? 

And they don't travel here in spaceships because they're not freaking aliens other than the fact that they don't exist on Earth.

Witch, like it or not, by definition this  makes them alien.

It's not my fault that you think because something doesn't exist on Earth it's up in the sky

It not my fault that you do not understand the definition of the word alien. And that anything not of this earth is by definition alien.

the gods are accessed by the spirit world which exists everywhere not just in the f****** sky.

So now you are agreeing then that apart from other place's,  your gods do indeed come from the sky.

Again this whole thing had nothing to do with you wanting to ask questions you just want me to say the gods come from the sky because they're not on Earth

I am asking you to explain where your gods come from if not from the sky. You have said your gods come from "another planet" while denying that the planet is in space or the  sky. This is your own contradiction, Witch. It is mine.

Here you are denying that your gods are sky gods while saying they originate from another planet: 

[A]
Stephen wrote: Well if you have ever looked into the ancient phenomena, you would find immediately that  ALL religions speak of their so called "gods"  coming from the sky.   So I think they may "validate" each others religious beliefs of  the origins of their "gods" .
Witch wrote: That is not true at all. In the Norse religion they come from a planet. 
Can you not see how  what you have written above at [A] is complete and utter contradictory bollocks!

well some gods come from out of the ground you know the underworld

Ok And some- according to the ancients- come from the sky. We can discuss these out of the earth gods later. I have never heard of them myself.

Like I said everything is a freaking farce with you people there's no point discussing anything cuz all you want to be able to say is that God's come from the sky

Stop being so dramatic, Witch. Unless you have other theories. I am open to listening to anything.

and I'm right and if I can get you to say they come from a planet and they come from the sky.

Well simply tell me where this planet is. You have said :

Witch wrote: That is not true at all. In the Norse religion they come from a planet. 
Where is it? 

Okay you win all the gods come from the sky now don't talk to me about it again cuz I have nothing more to say to you about it I've already conceded to you.

Well according to the ancient civilisations they do. And if as you agree that there is at least one other planted that the gods come from then this would make them ancient aliens, wouldn't it.?

Don't ask me questions if you know everything.

Stop it. I ask because I don't know, not because I do.

#but it is a little more complicated than just gods are up in the sky.

That would be these ancient aliens that the ancients appear to be telling us about. 

Just because you believe in ancient aliens doesn't mean every religion is  aliens

Well if they existed at all and they did not originate on my planet ; earth, then they are alien to the Earth, wouldn't you agree?

you're as bad as a goddamn Evangelical which is what I say all the time atheist are evangelicals just for one less God than Christians.

😊

The rainbow bridge connect Asgard to Midgard not Midgard to Earth you're not even paying attention when I do say something so just go read the goddamn myths yourself.
I see, Are you sure?  Because this is what you have said previously:

Norse religion they come from a planet.  A planet connected by bridge to Earth or at least Midgard.  #201

you're not even paying attention....

As convoluted as you are making it, I can assure you that I am.

when I do say something so just go read the goddamn myths

And when you claim something about your gods and your "religious" beliefs I then research what you have claimed.  WHAT THE FK AM I SUPOOSED TO DO, WITCH,  simply take your word for it? And I ask you again, are you admitting that your own beliefs are in fact myth?

It is you that is coming across as the demented bible punching holy roller. Stop paying for those Reiki attunement classes, you are being conned.#1

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Ok. Keep your hat on Witch, you have been very well behaved up to this point.  Would you agree then that anything coming to Earth from another planet is alien to the Earth?
Not really. I don't have time to explain the difference between monotheism and animist based religions. I will concede they don't exist on Earth like we do. They are not Earthlings.

It not my fault that you do not understand the definition of the word alien. And that anything not of this earth is by definition alien.
Not my fault you don't understand animism. Alien doesn't mean in the sky. 

Ok And some- according to the ancients- come from the sky. We can discuss these out of the earth gods later. I have never heard of them myself
If you're aware of a gods name or it's existence via myths then it's a god that has access to Earth. Making them all Earth gods.Again I don't have the time to explain animism to you nor would you care because it's not monotheism.

And when you claim something about your gods and your "religious" beliefs I then research what you have claimed.  WHAT THE FK AM I SUPOOSED TO DO, WITCH,  simply take your word for it? And I ask you again, are you admitting that your own beliefs are in fact myth
Since you're never going to practice my religion I really don't give a crap what you do. If you want to know about it read the myths and make your own determination just like everyone else who practices the religion does. Myths are myths, not facts. It doesn't mean they're not true. Myths are usually event that happens somewhere other than Earth but is associated with Earth because that's how the shamans do it. Again I don't have time to explain animism or shamanism in any length to explain where my beliefs come from. I don't have facts to back up my beliefs which I have said more than once and I've said more than once that myths or myths I don't know why you're acting like the first time to come out of my goddamn mouth. I also really don't care what you think about anything I do especially my religion. You don't  care about religion, you don't care about theists, you don't care about anything I'm saying other than the fact that you want to look right.

SO, you're right there you go you win I don't have to discuss it with you anymore. This is my last post about this. If there's anything else you want to talk about regarding the mythology find someone else online to do it with you. Not just so we can keep going around in circles I already told you you win all gods are from the sky, all myths are myths, which I said myself. Everything I think is wrong, I'm mentally ill and obviously too stupid to explain it to you so find someone who can like that atheist that writes all the stories about the Norse gods to make all that money what's his name Neil Gilliam ask him about it. I'm sure he can explain it to you on the atheist level. Or just keep watching Discovery channel and apply all that ancient alien s*** a religion that's based on animism. Obviously the easiest thing that's perfectly reasonable that the aliens came made the earth created humans to be a slave race and then flew off and outer space. Even though there's really no proof of that other than somebody knew how to cut blocks in a certain way.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Polytheist-Witch

All GODS come from the imagination Poly.

No harm in that.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Tarik
Why does it have to be either or? The two aren’t mutually exclusive
Yes, they are.

If god commanding something makes it moral, then necessarily anything he commands will be moral. So if he says to torture infants for fun, torturing infants for fun is now moral.

This is incompatible with god commanding something because it is moral. If it is necessarily moral then its negation would necessarily be immoral, at which point God commanding it would necessarily be immoral.

The way most theorists try to wiggle out of this is to claim that it’s gods nature to only command moral acts, which is a nonsense cop out. If that’s the case then God is limited in what decisions he can make which makes him impotent. It also goes against the very idea that he cannot contradict his own morality since he clearly has the ability to create immoral beings, which leads to even more problems but I’m going to stop there for now.

Tarik
Tarik
-->
@Double_R
If that’s the case then God is limited in what decisions he can make which makes him impotent.
No, it means He’s only WILLING to command moral acts, there’s a difference. Not opting to choose an immoral act isn’t equivalent to not having the ability to choose an immoral act.
FLRW
FLRW

Praise Jesus!  
Marcus Lamb, a co-founder and the CEO of the conservative Christian Daystar Television Network who vocally opposed Covid-19 vaccines, has died at 64, weeks after he contracted Covid-19, the network said.

It looks like Christianity is irrational.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
I love when atheist show what they really are.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Polytheist-Witch

Thanks, you mean intelligent, right?
FLRW
FLRW

FYI, Marcus Lamb's net worth is $230 million. Do you think he will fit through the eye of a needle?
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Evil, with no moral code.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I’m getting more old school Christian vibes from FLRW. 
FLRW
FLRW
Because I am highly intelligent, I am more moral than the average stupid person (Trump voter).
Psychological and neuroscience research both tell us that morality, our mental ability to tell right from wrong in our behaviors and the behaviors of others, is a product of evolution. Morality has been passed on through the course of evolution because it helps us to live in large social groups by enhancing our ability to get along and interact with others. “Building blocks” of morality, such as sensing fairness, experiencing empathy, and judging others’ harmful and helpful actions, can be observed in infancy, before a child’s social environment would be able to have a strong influence. Specific parts of the human brain are involved in moral reasoning – both the kind that happens very quickly and the kind that is thought out. Damage to certain parts of the brain can dramatically alter moral judgment and behavior. Although human morality has been passed down through evolution, it is also dependent on the culture in which we grow up. What humans consider to be moral behavior varies from culture to culture and also varies across time.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Reece101

My name is Pastor FLRW and I would like to preach the Truth as found in the Bible. I want to expose false prophets and prophetesses like Benny HinnCreflo A. DollarGloria Joy Johnson , Marcus Lamb, etc. Women preachers and ministers that preach the false doctrine should be silent in the church.
I’m a King James-only preacher and that’s the bottom line because Jesus said so.  You can read the King James Version of the Holy Bible by clicking on the link.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch

And that anything not of this earth is by definition alien.
Not my fault you don't understand animism. Alien doesn't mean in the sky. 

It does mean alien if it is not of this earth. Stop being so fkn pedantic

And when you claim something about your gods and your "religious" beliefs I then research what you have claimed.  WHAT THE FK AM I SUPOOSED TO DO, WITCH,  simply take your word for it? And I ask you again, are you admitting that your own beliefs are in fact myth

If you want to know about it read the myths and make your own determination just like everyone else who practices the religion does.

And that is exactly what i was doing until you got upset about me doing so. I was checking every word you wrote. For instance I have discovered - with your help- that YOUR FKN SHAMAN , who I have never spoken to myself, doesn't agree with what Wikipedia has to say about Midgard  :

Stephen wrote: From what I have just read "Midgard" IS Earth.

In Germanic cosmology, Midgard (an anglicised form of Old Norse Miðgarðr [ˈmiðˌɡɑrðz̠]Old English MiddangeardOld Saxon MiddilgardOld High German Mittilagart, and Gothic Midjun-gards; "middle yard", "middle enclosure") is the name for Earth (equivalent in meaning to the Greek term οἰκουμένη, "inhabited") inhabited by and known to humans in early Germanic cosmology. The Old Norse form plays a notable role in Norse cosmology.

Polytheist-Witch wrote:Based on talking to shaman I do not believe Midgard is Earth you can gain whatever knowledge you want from the myths on that take it as you will. 

Myths are myths, not facts.

I agree. Are your gods and the places the exist myth of factual

It doesn't mean they're not true.

Myths are myths and not facts, Witch. 

Myths are usually event that happens somewhere other than Earth but is associated with Earth because that's how the shamans do it.

So not of this earth then, as I have been saying.

I don't have to discuss it with you anymore. This is my last post about this.

Stop whining. You introduced your religion/gods to this thread and  I am damn sure I didn't. If you are going to make extraordinary claims, be ready to be challenged on them and have extraordinary proof to support them.

Everything I think is wrong, I'm mentally ill and obviously [ unable] to explain it to you so find someone who can

Well I have to agree in part. You are certainly a contradictory character. But so are Christians, when it comes to their own god and bible. They, often deny and contradict their own scriptures and the words of their own god . 

like that atheist that writes all the stories about the Norse gods to make all that money what's his name Neil Gilliam ask him about it.

Nope, you have put me right about  your mythical gods and their supposed origins. 

Neil Gilliam ask him about it......................I'm sure he can explain it to you on the atheist level.

Witch, ffs sake! You are the one  that cannot make up your own mind about your beliefs on any level. 

Tell me,  why is Wikipedia wrong and your shaman right?.

Obviously the easiest thing that's perfectly reasonable that the aliens came made the earth created humans to be a slave race and then flew off and outer space.

Well that is exactly what ancient civilisations have to say on the matter and all appear to agree on. I wouldn't know either way.

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Tarik
No, it means He’s only WILLING to command moral acts, there’s a difference. Not opting to choose an immoral act isn’t equivalent to not having the ability to choose an immoral act.
Let’s assume for the sake of argument that torturing infants for fun is objectively, necessarily immoral.

Does God have the capability of issuing the command to torture infants for fun? Yes or No?

Note: I didn’t ask you if he would be willing, I’m asking you of he has that capability, just as you or I do. This is a very simple question.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@FLRW
My name is Pastor FLRW and I would like to preach the Truth as found in the Bible. I want to expose false prophets and prophetesses like Benny HinnCreflo A. DollarGloria Joy Johnson, ["Tradey"Tradesecrete]  Marcus Lamb,etc. Women preachers and ministers that preach the false doctrine should be silent in the church.
I’m a King James-only preacher and that’s the bottom line because Jesus said so.  You can read the King James Version of the Holy Bible by clicking on the link.

10/10
Tarik
Tarik
-->
@Double_R
Let’s assume for the sake of argument that torturing infants for fun is objectively, necessarily immoral.

Does God have the capability of issuing the command to torture infants for fun? Yes or No?
Yes, but under that pretense it wouldn’t be immoral.

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Tarik

Why would it not be immoral? 
Tarik
Tarik
-->
@ludofl3x
Why would it not be immoral?
Because God commanded it.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Tarik
Ok, so God CANNOT in fact command something that is immoral, because if he commands it, it's now moral. Is that a fair way to understand your statement?
Tarik
Tarik
-->
@ludofl3x
Is that a fair way to understand your statement?
Yes.

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Tarik
@Double_R
So then the answer to:

...is actually NO, not yes. Torturing infants for fun would not be immoral...

Because God commanded it.
Tarik
Tarik
-->
@ludofl3x
...is actually NO, not yes. Torturing infants for fun would not be immoral...
The yes was in regards to God’s capability to issue commands not what that command should be classified as, hence why I added the caveat after saying yes.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Reece101
Nope it's 100% atheist and proud of it. Like I always say you all want us dead and gone. He just has the balls to say it. Must be that because you're so close to monotheism you carry that same mindset. 
FLRW
FLRW
This is from a previous post of mine on another topic.
Stupid people are more likely than eggheads to believe in God, a new study claims.
In a move that is bound to offend millions of churchgoers, a British psychologist says he has found a link between having a high IQ and being an atheist.
The study came from Prof Richard Lynn - a retired academic at the University of Ulster who has courted controversy in the past with studies looking at sex, race and intelligence.
His latest work, published in the scientific journal Intelligence, compared religious belief and average national IQs in 137 countries.
Prof Lynn found that in only 17 per cent of countries did the proportion of people who believe in God fall below 80 per cent.
'These are virtually all the higher IQ countries,' he said
Prof Lynn said a survey of fellows of the Royal Society - Britain's science academy - found that only 3.3 per cent believed in God at a time when nearly 70 per cent of  Britons described themselves as having a faith.
I am sure Albert Einstein, Stephen Hawking and Elon Musk would agree with him. I am sure EtrnlVW and Jim Bakker would disagree with him.