It is presumptuous to think you know anything about God.

Author: janesix

Total: 99
ludofl3x
Debates: 0
ludofl3x
-->
@janesix
Start with the first one: can you confirm that whales have two nostrils now instead of blowholes? Over what amount of time did this change? 
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
So now we've gone from there's no way anything could have created the universe to this is a computer simulation with a computer that nobody's running. Do people even listen to themselves freaking talk. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@janesix
You believing something to be true for you doesn't mean it's true for anybody else. And your lack of confidence doesn't need to transfer to anyone else.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@janesix
I don't understand, the population of the USA was never 350 million and the population now is 333 million?
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@ludofl3x
Start with the first one: can you confirm that whales have two nostrils now instead of blowholes? Over what amount of time did this change?

Well Google it and you will see it on pictures from the top. Blue whales at least. It changed since the last time I looked, which is within the last two years. Last time I looked at whale pictures when I was doing some evolution research. It was always one hole in my memory. Dolphins and whales were always my favorite animals, I have been looking and drawing them for decades. I don't think this is a memory issue. If It was the one thing, or five things, maybe a memory issue. But it isnow dozens of things, including one of my favorite songs that has changed entirely.

janesix
janesix
-->
@FLRW
350 to 328 million.
janesix
janesix
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
You believing something to be true for you doesn't mean it's true for anybody. And your lack of confidence doesn't need to transfer to anyone else.
Yeah maybe.

Im glad others have confidence, it is a nice state to be in.

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Where do you think one dimensional strings com from? In physics, string theory is a theoretical framework in which the point-like particles of particle physics are replaced by one-dimensional objects called strings. String theory describes how these strings propagate through space and interact with each other. ... Thus string theory is a theory of quantum gravity.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@FLRW
I don't have any desire to discuss string theory or anything else with you. You're one of those like the other jerk off who come on here and claim how everybody's a dumbass and only atheist know what's going on in the world and then start spouting off about how this is all computer simulation but nobody runs the computer. Or better yet oh I'm an atheist but actually I'm a deist cuz I believe something created the universe I can't say it's anything like a God because I don't believe in a God that would make me stupid like the other God people. The only people that cares about this hypocritical bullcrap where everybody claims to be an atheist but then they claim something's running the universe but it's just not God are the other hypocrite "atheists not atheist".
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
Reality changes on a weekly basis for me lately. I should be insane by now but I'm not. Somehow I and others keep skipping to new realities that are similar but different from the last. This week, whales now have nostrils instead of a normal single blowhole. Lst week, tigers now have white spots on their ears. China lost half of it's entire East Coast. Alaska keeps warping. The human skull used to be three fused bones, now it is double that. Eyes now have bones behind them where it used to just be muscle then the brain. Kidneys moved upwards under the ribcage and towards the front. Where do you land a kidney punch? It's supposed to be in the lower back. 22 million Americans have disappeared, and china and India have lost millions as well. In my original timeline, there were 350 million Americans at this time. Now there are less than 330 million. I have personally changed in many ways. The type of galaxy we live in is different even,and we have moved 27000 light years from the Sagitarrius arm to the orion spur. The list goes on.

I should be scared, but I am not currently. I was at first.

Lol well lets reel this in a tad. Sure, we could agree that creation can get quite complicated and even bizarre and quite frankly is always changing and evolving. However, you started this topic with the premise that it is presumptuous to think we can know anything about God. But unlike creation there are some very simple fundamental truths about God, many of which can be easily deduced. There's not much that is complicated about a conscious Reality other than the massive scale in which It exists. You're existence is nothing short of a tiny fraction of God's existence with the major difference being that you are a player in the worlds of duality where you have to deal with the complexities of life but don't allow that to fool you. Your world might seem complex but that's because there are many added conditions to your experience here.
Besides the nature of God, all the facts about how God creates a universe (as well as parallel worlds), creates souls and creates embodiments are fairly simplistic to grasp as long as you have some basic pieces of the puzzle, many pieces which come from our scientific explorations which gives us pretty clear answers and if you're a Theist you have the added bonus of gaining even more clarity.
Now things can go from simple to complex very quickly once we get into the variations of features in creation. But we need not invoke that complexity to understand God per say.
Don't be fearful about creation though, just remind yourself that your world is not lost or compromised due to the complexity of life. You're firmly secured and accounted for in more ways you could ever imagine. 

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Polytheist-Witch

“Remember...all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.”
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@FLRW
You don't offer any more truth than anyone else and you are a complete hypocrite. Go engage with the computer simulation that nobody's running.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Polytheist-Witch

You know that's a quote from The Matrix, don't you?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@janesix
Not just christians, but Jews and Muslims too. Probably other religions as well.

I agree.
Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@949havoc
I was a Christian once. So you assume they had knowledge of god because they said so? How does that follow?
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Atheist: there's no way a book could be right but a movie is 100% correct. Hypocrites.
FLRW
FLRW

Look at it this way.  My thoughts align with Elon Musk and Polytheist's thoughts align with Tammy Fae.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@janesix
God = Universe ergo synonyms Universe/God = finite, yet eternally existent, finite occupied space.

All else is conceptual { Meta-space/Spirit-1 } non-sense a intentional ---or non-intentional--  imaginary false narrative scenario, no differrent than a reality, of biologic unicorns existence on Earth.

As humans with access to Meta-space/Spirit-1 mind/intellect/concepts we are allowed the freedom to create any false narrative we choose and espouse { communicate } it various physical ways to self and others.

janesix
janesix
-->
@ebuc
God is a being. 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@janesix
God is a being.

No, God is not bee-sting. Nor is God a being. 

God/Universe is and eternal happening phenomena.

God/Universe is the only perpetual motion machine.

The real mystery is why does mass-attract ---aka Gravity (  )---, and what is coor-dinate mechanism for that phenomena?

I now know that it has to do with the Odd Number Rule that involves the Odd numbers ex 1, 3, 5p, 7p,  9, 11p, 13p, 15, 17p, 19p, 21, 23p etc

It is the two phases of osscillation between 0, 6, 12, 18 and 3p, 9, 15 etc as top and then  bottome peak of sine wave reality ergo the dynamic tension of a  tainted Universe mechanism for inducing mass-attraction.  This idea is still under development as it is also very reminiscent of tesl's approach to discovering alternating current { AC } of sine-wave reality.

Oscillation bottom{ B } peak of sine-wave 3p/6\ 9/\15/12\21/ of reality

G......1...............................5p..............7p.........................11p..............13p......................
-
-
T0.................................................6.................................................12.................................
B..........................3p...............................................9...................................................15....
-
-
DE..............2p..............4..............................8.............10...................................14............

Oscillation from top { T } peak to bottom peak of sine-wave /3p\/\/\/\
...........1...............................5p.............7p.........................11p...............13p..................
-
-
T...........................3p..............................................9..................................................15......
B0....................................................6..............................................12.................................
-
-
....................2p.............4.................................8..............10..................................14...........

This a dynamic undulation { alternating } phenomena.  See also this LINK for a tensegrity-like, surface-like, undulation of finite Universe/God as and example only.

Why the alternation? Because Univerese/God abhors equilibrium ergo 1, 3P, 5p, 7p, 9, 11p, 13p, 15 needs to jump { alternate } between top peak of the sine-wave of reality and the bottom peak of sine-wave of reality.  Balance of the perpeutal motion machine Universe/God is only due to unbalanced { tainted } nature of a static equlibrium.  That is the ultimate no-no. Perfect equilibrium is the death nell{?} for Universe/God ergo it never occurs or it does but does not pause there.

Same goes for human being or any biologic. Motion potion = motion lotion for the joints of our existence. No motion is death aka perfect equilibrium.

Dance to the funky music or die and early death. Boom shaka-lacka, boom shaka-lacka { Sly and the Family Stone } :--))

949havoc
Debates: 7
949havoc
-->
@Sum1hugme
So you assume they had knowledge of god because they said so? 
I know many Christians who do not follow the advice in scripture I cited in my #2, but where did I ever say that Christians just say so and that should be good enough to be believed by others? I never said that. Again, I offer the scriptures I cited in #2. They all require effort on our part to learn by the Spirit, which is not mumbo-jumbo Christian magic, They all lay out a process to be followed, particularly James. It's step by step. Miss a step, lack sincerity and a desire to know, and the process, like any process of missed steps, or a so-so attitude, will not achieve completion of a successful process.

When GK Chesterton once said that Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has never been tried, this is exactly what he was talking about. Jesus did tell us there are two great commandments, to love God and love our fellow man, and all others fall in line behind them, and make the process of discovery of truth a more simple matter that we yet manage to screw up because it can't be that simple. So we say in our arrogant, 21st century knowledge that Jesus is no longer relevant, that humanism is the path to glory, that God is not just dead, as maintained in 1966 on the cover of a then-relevant Time Magazine, but cannot exist, or he would have just shown us. Chesterton was right. For most, the process has never been tried. Try it.
Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@949havoc
You said you know that the people in the bible had knowledge of god because of what James said. How does "because they James said so" mean James had knowledge of god? 
949havoc
Debates: 7
949havoc
-->
@Sum1hugme
If I understand your question correctly, James knew by the same process he advised others to use, as specified in James 1: 2 - 8, and not just because he said so. Of course, he is experienced in the process he described, or he would not advise it.
Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@949havoc
How do you know James wasn't just making things up? 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
We are sooooooooooooooo lucky that gods get guys to do a book for them to leave for us.
So lucky.
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@janesix
You cant know even from analyzing the creation, because we have no idea why things were created. 

I suppose some people could have superior knowledge to mine, yet you have no idea if your knowledge is truly correct. How could you?
Hi janesix,

This is often the basis of how agnostics argue their point of view. 

The thing I find troubling about it is the inherent self-contradiction within it. 

"We can know nothing about God".   Well almost. Logically, if that statement is true, then there is ONE thing you do know about God.  What is this ONE thing?

"that we can know nothing about God".  

And the problem of course is - if we can know one thing - i.e. that we can no nothing about God, then we are in a dilemma.  

How can we on one hand - know nothing and yet know ONE thing.  For agnosticism to be correct in the presumption that we can know nothing about God, then we would not even consider the question of whether God existed or not.  God would never have been conceived in our brains.  

Yet as soon as God does register in our brains - the agnostic principle - that we can no nothing about God is self-defeated and actually becomes evidence that God does exist.  A self contradictory statement is a logical proof of the reverse situation.  Hence, it proves God can be known. It is similar to the notion of absolutes.  

When someone says - "there are no absolutes" - they are actually saying "There are ABSOLUTELY no such thing as absolutes.". Obviously a self contradiction that proves the existence of absolutes.  Hence we can be confident that not only do absolutes exists, but so does God.  This is the logical extension of the position. 

Of course, it does not prove what kind of absolutes exist, nor what kind of god exists. Those are further questions to explore.  
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
It's Either  (  God exists )
Orrrrrrrr 
(  God does not exist )
It has to be one of these.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Completely depends upon what GOD might be.

The old book sought to explain GOD very presumptuously.

And some people develop a love of old books.

Metaphorically pertinent.

Basically cause and effect.

But knowledge has not yet exceeded the necessity for floaty about blokes.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Turns out God is a computer programmer. Who knew, the atheists. LOL
janesix
janesix
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Which is it?