Total: 37
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman

This is an entirely optional survey for everybody on DART to participate in. If you don't want to, that's totally fine.

• Are you vaccinated (or getting vaccinated very soon, no need to specify which), whether you are or aren't please state why (if it's a 'no' due to rare immunodeficiency disease you don't need to specify which just say health-related)?
recently/soon, yes but until very recently I wasn't open to the idea. I have been continually pressured/encouraged by close family members to get it and while I personally am not in a group or status that will die from Covid (very sure of that, though my family said otherwise out of paranoia), I am someone who reacts terribly to the fatigue and tax-on-body that brutal disease fights take. I'm a tough guy, don't get me wrong, however my quality of life would significantly go down if I had the 'long covid' kind of effects that people can get who don't die from it.

I already suffer from chronic fatigue (not officially diagnosed with CFS but without caffeine and a mild antidepressant I'd be a groggy, bitter/tired guy all the time, I don't think that it's curable, it's just how I was wired post-puberty, I didn't need caffeine to function well or cope before I turned around 18-19 but at 19 it really hit me and has remained with me since). I don't want that kind of suffering of not being able to go for a walk without being exhausted, I have a minimal level of health to not be called useless/unhealthy but I'm not at all a very fit guy, I live mainly on computer (both for work and play) and I would hate that if even that tired me out significantly, life just would be a pain to live through.

• Which vaccine, why that vaccine?
Astrazeneca

The reason why is because I'm paranoid about mRNA but want to protect myself, I'm actually in an age band and health status that I'd be recommended to get Pfizer and/or Moderna rather than that.

AZ was actually developed in a university for motives not related to corporate profit entirely at all (but partly profit-based, yes). It is also far more liable than Pfizer and Moderna for what can happen to it legally and officially if its vaccine is proven to result in severe harm that could have been foreseen.

• Do you support vaccine mandates?
I am moderate/neutral on mandates for professions that directly deal with customers (for the employees) but for the general population beyond that, I am absolutely against mandates. I believe that anyone who is pro-mandate ought first to make all politicians and their bodyguards take the vaccine then and prove it by showing their app-verification or certificate or something. This will help alleviate paranoid people on why the powerful aren't proving they took it.

I do not support the mandate on a legal level (as opposed to company-level), regardless.

• Do you believe Covid is a left-wing conspiracy?
No, I think China is hypercapitalistic in fact and that if anything was involved it was right-wing oriented entirely.

FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@RationalMadman
1. Are you vaccinated 
     Yes

2. Which vaccine, why that vaccine?
     Moderna, my research said it was the best.

3. Do you support vaccine mandates?
        No, that is how evolution works.

4. Do you believe Covid is a left-wing conspiracy?
      No

Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
For easy copy/paste (I suggest two spaces between each set):
  • Are you vaccinated (or getting vaccinated very soon, no need to specify which), whether you are or aren't please state why (if it's a 'no' due to rare immunodeficiency disease you don't need to specify which just say health-related)?

My answers:
Yes, to protect those around me and to allow me to resume old freedoms sooner (concerts and conventions are among my hobbies). 

Pfizer, because it was the one offered at the VA.

I have mixed feelings on this.
I don't believe it should ever be criminal to not receive it (often stupid, but there is no IQ mandate in any country).
I do support the right of employers to require it as a condition of employment.
I believe exemptions should both be easier and harder to attain. Any rare medical condition or previous infection for natural immunity, they should have a quick note on a COVID passport to be treated the same as being vaccinated. However, various unsubstantiated beliefs should not count for an exemption.

I'm behind on the Kool-Aid, what's this now?
Ok, so the one thing I will point out is that I think China intentionally allowed it to spread (fucking the rest of the world), to speed their economic recovery. This does not mean the virus existing at all is any type of conspiracy, just that world leaders are often evil and know the rules of prisoners dilemma.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Yes, both to protect myself and those around me.

Pfizer. It was offered by the health department, though I probably would've chosen it anyway if given the option. The mRNA vaccines in general show the best efficacy with extremely minimal safety concerns.

Generally think they are likely to do more harm than good. I think that requiring it internally for certain businesses is their prerogative, but I think government imposed mandates generally result in backlash that makes any positive effect minimal at best.

No.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
To back its claim to forgo profits from the $1.2 billion collaboration in the United States, Astra has even granted the government access to financial accounts related to the venture, according to Dobber.
“There are very clear milestones before they are going to pay. Because we made the promise to manufacture the vaccine at no profit, auditors of the U.S. administration will get free access to our accounting books,” he said.

I am sorry for US, a country that is making and collaborating with AZ yet refusing to release it to their own people. 

AZ is currently the only international vaccine that is fundamentally running on a non-profit agenda with academic motives.

If I were in US, I'd go with J&J as the 'lesser evil' but yeah, that's just weird.
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
-->
@RationalMadman
Are you vaccinated (or getting vaccinated very soon, no need to specify which), whether you are or aren't please state why (if it's a 'no' due to rare immunodeficiency disease you don't need to specify which just say health-related)?

Yes. I was vaccinated this April and May.

Which vaccine, why that vaccine?

Moderna. It was widely accessible and had a very high reported effectiveness rate. I was confident also that I could show up on time for both scheduled doses (my workplace even gave me some days off to get it done), so it was a good fit for me.

Do you support vaccine mandates?

I can't answer that question decisively. There's no doubt that, in this case, a vaccine mandate would be the best call. And in an age of increasingly sophisticated biological warfare, future pathogens might be too dangerous to give the public the luxury of a choice or even hesitation.
But if we take this step, then in theory the government could mandate any alteration to the body of any individual in the future. That's a scary prospect for sure.

The Christian religion (the Evangelical interpretation thereof, anyways) teaches that in the future, a governmental body will mandate some bodily alteration that, if taken, will damn the soul eternally. While a Covid vaccine obviously isn't that, a general environment where debate is closed on this matter and where dissent is vilified or criminalized is terrifying.

Do you believe Covid is a left-wing conspiracy?

No. I have ample reason to believe that Covid was a natural disaster, though perhaps one exacerbated by modern conditions and technologies.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
The US will share up to 60 million doses of its AstraZeneca vaccine with other countries as they become available, the White House has said.
The doses will be able to be exported in the coming months after a federal safety review.
The US has a stockpile of the vaccine even though its regulators have not yet authorised it for public use.
Critics have accused the government of hoarding the vaccine, while other countries are in desperate need.
Last month President Joe Biden pledged to share about four million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine with Mexico and Canada - both of which have approved the jab.
The crisis in India has also piled pressure on the Biden administration to share US health resources.
On Monday, the White House said it expected that about 10 million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine could be released when the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) finishes its review in the coming weeks.
It said that another 50 million doses were in various stages of production.
At a news briefing, White House spokeswoman Jen Psaki said FDA officials would carry out quality checks on doses before they were exported.
"Our team will share more details about our planning and who will be receiving offers from here, but we're in the planning process at this point in time," she added.
The US has already announced that it will provide raw materials for Indian vaccine manufacturers as the country battles a devastating surge in cases.
In a "warm and positive" phone call with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday, President Biden promised more emergency assistance "including oxygen-related supplies, vaccine materials and therapeutics", a White House statement said.
Washington is also looking at supplying oxygen, Covid tests, personal protective equipment (PPE) and the antiviral drug remdesivir to India's health service.
The FDA has so far authorised three vaccines against Covid- 19 - Pfizer BioNTech, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson (Janssen). Experts say it looks likely that these will provide all the country's needs and the AstraZeneca jab may not be needed.
According to the latest figures, more than 53% of adults have so far received at least one dose of vaccine.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
1. Are you vaccinated 
     No. I have had direct exposure to covid three times and the variant once and have never contracted the virus.

If I was forced to do one I would prefer to do Johnson and Johnson because it's a regular vaccine. But due to the blood clots it causes and the fact I've had that problem previously I would probably do moderna.

There are companies and agencies have required vaccines before so I don't have a problem with the vaccine requirement by an employer I have a huge problem with the federal government dictating who's going to get vaccine requirements and who is it.

No. I believe covid is a item they're using to politically manipulate people.

BigPimpDaddy
Debates: 5
BigPimpDaddy
1. Are you vaccinated 
yes

moderna cause accessible

3. Do you support vaccine mandates
feelings to mixedon this one.

yes communist china manufactured it to destroy america.

Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
1. Are you vaccinated 
yes

Moderna - because that what the first available option.

3. Do you support vaccine mandates
In some scenarios (such as public indoor dining and high risk settings) on the grounds that the backlash renders them less effective. it’s not that I don’t think they’re legal or valid, just not worth the hassle. 

No. On the premise that I have a brain.

ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Yes.

Pfizer, cause that’s the one my local CVS had

Hell no

I think it’s big pharma conspiracy. Big pharma that has direct ties to Joe Biden and the Democratic Party

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
1. Yes x 2 soon to be 3.

2. Astra Zeneca....(British availability)....I think that the third will be Pfizer.

3. No....Freedom to choose should be the mandate.

4. Don't know....Though I do think that it came from a lab, rather than the natural environment. But I don't think that the virus as any national preferences.

Though under the circumstances, how far left does one need to  go before one emerges on the far right?
sadolite
sadolite
1. Are you vaccinated 
no

None, No long term testing exists for any of them and they are all experimental and only approved for emergency use.  Tests for covid are at best unreliable, millions of false positives

No, my body my choice

I believe it is an excellent way to control the masses and condition people to compliance for further draconian govt dictates to erode freedoms and liberties.

949havoc
Debates: 7
949havoc
1. Are you vaccinated 
Yes, with a booster just obtained

Moderna, the one available locally.

No, because the current administration will not acknowledge natural immunity as any benefit instead of a vaccine when natural immunity by contraction of any other disease with a vaccine is commonly accepted. plus, there are examples of vaccinated people who have still contracted the disease. No masndate should exist for something not 100% effective.

I think the jury is out on origin, whether natural or man-made, but I definitely believe governments, including the US, have taken advantage of the situation to test how willing the citizenry are willing to cede personal freedom to the government for a perceived emergency.

Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
Yes vaccinated

No mandates are government over reach

No it is not a left wing conspiracy. Conspiracies that occur from illuminati members don't care about left right dichotomy beyond how they can use it
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Wylted
Such is a trichotomy of conspiracy then.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
  • Are you vaccinated?
yes
  • whether you are or aren't please state why
My doctor recommended it.
  • Which vaccine,
Pfizer
  • why that vaccine?
Had the highest efficacy rates at the time.
This is a much larger question than just vaccines and we should specify mandated by who.  Generally, I am fine with OCEA and State and local and employer mandates that I wash my hands after going to the bathroom if handling food.  It follows that any agency so authorized can likewise authorize similar hygiene requirements consistent with standard health and safety practices.  It seems irrational and inconsistent to me to say that the employers should mandate basic hygiene for Wendy's employees working the drive-thru window but can't mandate basic hygiene for nurses or plumbers or teachers.  There's no value in breaking out health mandates according to political popularity.

The Trump Administration and Fox News certainly chose to inflict onto Americans the worst national pandemic response of any country with the result of hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths.  Whether a substantially improved US health and sanitation response would have prevented the emerging global endemic is now unknowable.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
1 Are you vaccinated (or getting vaccinated very soon, no need to specify which), whether you are or aren't please state why (if it's a 'no' due to rare immunodeficiency disease you don't need to specify which just say health-related)?

Yes.
I live with family, and it put their fears of me and them getting sick, to rest,
Though I got the vaccine more to avoid 'their sickness, than my own.

2 Which vaccine, why that vaccine?

Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 single-dose vaccine.
Because it was a 'single dose, and I am lazy.

3 Do you support vaccine mandates?

I am unsure.
I dislike government having too much influence over people.
Depending on precedents in history, I haven't bothered to look up, I might be more supportive of it, might not, even 'if the precedents lean 'towards vaccine mandates positively.

4 Do you believe Covid is a left-wing conspiracy?

No,
But I do have doubts now and then,
Not that I think Covid is fake,
But that the media, government, medicine, might be blowing it a bit out of proportion.
Whether due to their own misunderstandings of it,
Or because once an individual or group gets on a track, they can have difficulty getting off it.
Covid is a standard of sorts, for the left to gather under, make headway, push aside competition.

'Again, I'm not saying that Covid isn't real, or is not a threat,
Just that I have nagging thoughts in the back of my head now and then,

I've 'greatly disliked the media in recent years,
Maybe would have disliked it in years past, if I'd paid more attention then.

44 days later

badger
badger
I believe we have a moral obligation to have nothing to do with anyone stupid enough not to get a vaccine. Mandates then suits fine for businesses, their responsibility is greater, plus it affords peace of mind to all us sensible folk. I really don't see any issue with this at all. I think it's just an American thing. I've seen the likes of Elon Musk speak cagily about mandates too, meanwhile Michael O' Leary is a breath of fresh air, in a big way - "If you’re not vaccinated, you shouldn’t be allowed in the hospital, you shouldn’t be allowed to fly, you shouldn’t be allowed on the London Underground, and you shouldn’t be allowed in the local supermarket or your pharmacy either."  100%.

This was all to stop the spread of a killer virus. 5 million people dead and you could read horror stories about it for the rest of your life. Why is a mandate scary at all. 
badger
badger
I would have declared martial law on this shit day 1. China's was an appropriate response. We've lost two years to mindless bullshit. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@badger
2 years on and China's still having outbreaks.

However, you're right, it's easier to have an appropriate response to biological genocide when you're the nation responsible for it that had a 2-3 month headstart on other nations in realising how bad it's getting (Nov 2019 vs Feb 2020)
badger
badger
Because the rest of the world didn't have its shit together. China's got lower covid deaths than Ireland. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@badger
Not at all, it involved lying and misinforming and having a population used to tyranny.

Shame about the outbreaks still happening though, let's call it Karma.
badger
badger
I got absolutely no issues with tyrannising fools who won't get vaccinated. It's gross negligence. I wouldn't even be too perturbed by jailtime. 
badger
badger
Maybe takes a brain to see it for such, but I'd have my laws be clever. There's no about your right mind here. You're wrong. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@badger
Yeah, you're the only one with a brain. You're the only one entitled to tyrannise others for the agenda you deem worth it.

The rest of us simpletons can't compete with your brainpower.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
what do you think of Badger's posts here, I'm curious.
badger
badger
A couple million lives outright and two years of all the rest. Agenda I deem worth it. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@badger
Indeed, and the most disgusting part is how they get away with it, no sanctions, no trade embargos, not even copping the blame and saying sorry.

Amusing and tragic all at once.
badger
badger
It's your whiny dumb posts versus millions of lives. That's the last two years in a nutshell.