Author: Double_R

Total: 106
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@FLRW
@Double_R

The summer riots of 2020 were fueled by ordinary people tired of watching more unarmed black people being killed by those charged with protecting them with no accountability. 

I don't know if those rioting were just ordinary people. If they were, I don't think Rittenhouse would have shot a pedophile, woman beater, and a felon burglar with all of his shots. But hey, that's probably a collection of the ordinary people rioting for that cause.

January 6th was fueled by a president and his associates blatantly lying to the American people about the outcome of the election.

These are not the same thing. Anybody not entrenched in every day American politics of the moment understands that. 
If you want to talk about people believing lies and committing violence as a result, look no further than nearly any case of BLM rioting. "Hands up don't shoot" was the lie. The truth? Michael Brown was a psychotic thug that punched a police officer and tried to take his gun, just as one example.

The real "big lie" is that cops or those in authority go around murdering blacks for no reason, and many more deaths and damage have been committed by the belief in that lie than in any lie about the 2020 election. The riots in 2020 were a result not only of the death of one drug addict career criminal, but as a result of the culmination of years of lying from the cases of Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin, Breonna Taylor, etc.

But of course, lefties are angels that would never believe lies, and the other side is basically a bunch of 1930s Germans, right?

Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@RationalMadman
So run me a little more through this then.

These secret planners waited until after already having been declared victorious in the election to pull a stunt that would demonise Trump?

Then, they (these evil masterminds) failed to impeach him anyway?
Were the "democrats" not trying to impeach Trump after he lost the (s)election, which at the time was subject to scrutiny?

Has it ever occurred to you that Trump may be the evil guy after all?
Oh, I have no doubt that he was complicit in that farce. Politicians are entertainers for the most part.

FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@bmdrocks21
and the other side is basically a bunch of 1930s Germans, right?

Right, according to a 1990 Vanity Fair interview, Ivana Trump once told her lawyer Michael Kennedy that her husband, real-estate mogul Donald Trump , kept a book of Hitler's speeches near his bed.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@FLRW
Right, according to a 1990 Vanity Fair interview, Ivana Trump once told her lawyer Michael Kennedy that her husband, real-estate mogul Donald Trump , kept a book of Hitler's speeches near his bed.

Ah, the ex-president committed a thought crime by reading a book of speeches. I guess that makes him literally Hitler. What an insightful comment!
Fruit_Inspector
Debates: 20
Fruit_Inspector
-->
@ILikePie5
@oromagi
This is, of course, a lie.

Please identify one insurrectionist who is being held without a trial date- just flat out false.
Jose Lino Padilla

I encourage you to find a trial date for him. 
I didn't look too hard, but it does appear that Jose Lino Padilla is still being held without a trial date. That's pretty messed up if that's the case.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@bmdrocks21

I don't have a book of Hitler's speeches, do U?   I ought to get that printed on a coat.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
You are literally hitler for even knowing the book exists by that logic.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
 to project seriousness and stability.

Why do the 30 percenters need the illusion of this? You can see with your own eyes how shitty life is in the city of DC for anyone outside of the elite cabal.

Do any of these poor residents take DC elites as seriously as you do? After all, they live there, they know better than both of us.

If ignorance is bliss, every one of the 30 percenters are living in a Matrix-like fantasy land where "seriousness and stability" are never questioned.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@FLRW
I don't have a book of Hitler's speeches, do U?   I ought to get that printed on a coat.
I don’t. I don’t see why that matters. I have the communist manifesto. I’ve read it. Yet *gasp* I’m not a communist.

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
The good guys are the ones that compare you to Nazis for reading a book
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Athias
You mean that staged event?
So the Capitol riot was staged? By who? How? Please explain, I’d love to hear this.

But it's always prudent to first gauge the consequences of the riot, which was the foolish attempt to impeach Donald Trump. Once one understands that, the "who" becomes clear.
Same argument made by 9/11 truthers when asking who brought down the WTC. It’s conspiracy theory logic 101; start from the back and work your way towards the front.

Were the "democrats" not trying to impeach Trump after he lost the (s)election, which at the time was subject to scrutiny?
I know of no democrat who set their sights on impeaching Trump after the election.

Many however did want to impeach him before as they did throughout his presidency. That is completely irrelevant. Trump was eventually impeached for his actions and what resulted from them. Why is that so difficult? The fact that someone wanted something, and then that something happened does not mean they caused it. You know this, or at least you should.

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@bmdrocks21
I don't know if those rioting were just ordinary people. If they were, I don't think Rittenhouse would have shot a pedophile, woman beater, and a felon burglar with all of his shots. But hey, that's probably a collection of the ordinary people rioting for that cause.
An unsurprisingly irrelevant throw away comment. You picked out one person out of literally tens or possibly hundreds of thousands who took part in the protests over the summer. Congratulations.

Now perhaps you’d like to address the actual point - that whatever your personal view on the police killings were, the protests were a result of individual Americans looking at the video footage for themselves and coming to their own conclusions about what they saw with their own eyes. Not one single rioter went out and smashed windows claiming that they were there because Biden told them to be there.

But of course, lefties are angels that would never believe lies…
And of course the righties would never just address January 6th. Every single time the attack on the US Capitol comes up all we ever get is “but BLM!”

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@bmdrocks21
The good guys are the ones that compare you to Nazis for reading a book
You know damn well that if Jill Biden has said Joe kept an Adulf Hitler book by his bed you and every right wing cable pundit would be talking about it all the way through 2024.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
Why do the 30 percenters need the illusion of this? You can see with your own eyes how shitty life is in the city of DC for anyone outside of the elite cabal.
Why are you so obsessed with Joe Biden’s approval rating?

BTW, as I write this it’s 42.9, well higher than it was for the vast majority of the Trump presidency.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
The 30 percenters aren't about approval. It's the amount of people who insist Biden is mentally sharp. A clear indicator of self-delusion.
Bones
Debates: 30
Bones
I don't know much about what happened but i know it wasn't as bad as 9/11 or pearl harbour. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Bones
Or watergate.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Double_R
You know damn well that if Jill Biden has said Joe kept an Adulf Hitler book by his bed you and every right wing cable pundit would be talking about it all the way through 2024.
I’m sure every right wing pundit would talk about it until 2024. It might score some minor political points, so why not? I wouldn’t care all that much because the books center around a major historical event and might be a worthwhile read. It’d be a little more scandalous for a sitting president to have it on their nightstand than a hotel chain owner to have it decades before they became president, but not really important news either way.

If the president was reading the Turner Diaries or White Fragility, then I’d start having some questions 
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@ILikePie5
-->@oromagi
This is, of course, a lie.

Please identify one insurrectionist who is being held without a trial date- just flat out false.
Jose Lino Padilla

I encourage you to find a trial date for him. 
Padilla's next court appearance is Jan 26 10:00 in Judge John D Bates courtroom.  If Padilla has been complaining about a speedy  trial, we might note that Padilla has injected considerable delays into his trial process by requesting that he be tried in DC.   The Fed's planned to try him in TN near to his wife and home but Padilla requested a move to one of the most overburdened courts in the US with an overburdened jail. It looks like this is some sort of tactic since he now regularly complains about the conditions of the jail he insisted on being moved to.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Fruit_Inspector
Padilla's next court appearance is Jan 26 10:00 in Judge John D Bates courtroom.  If Padilla has been complaining about a speedy  trial, we might note that Padilla has injected considerable delays into his trial process by requesting that he be tried in DC.   The Fed's planned to try him in TN near to his wife and home but Padilla requested a move to one of the most overburdened courts in the US with an overburdened jail. It looks like this is some sort of tactic since he now regularly complains about the conditions of the jail he insisted on being moved to.

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Double_R
An unsurprisingly irrelevant throw away comment. You picked out one person out of literally tens or possibly hundreds of thousands who took part in the protests over the summer. Congratulations.
Actually, that was referring to three people shot in one event and how shockingly all of them were scumbags. Either there was some serious luck involved there or the crowd was made up primarily of scumbags and the chances of shooting a bunch of felons was quite high.

But that comment was mainly for humor. No need to take it quite so seriously.

Now perhaps you’d like to address the actual point - that whatever your personal view on the police killings were, the protests were a result of individual Americans looking at the video footage for themselves and coming to their own conclusions about what they saw with their own eyes. Not one single rioter went out and smashed windows claiming that they were there because Biden told them to be there.
I don’t think they were there because Biden told them to be there. There were a handful of Democrat politicians that implicitly or even somewhat explicitly supported the rioting, but I don’t think Biden really did so. That lack of willingness to condemn it and a lack of willingness of primarily Democrat-run cities to support their police in squashing riots or calling in the national guard very likely did embolden rioters, though

My point with bringing up the other BLM riots was because those are in the back of the minds of a lot of people because the lies surrounding them circulate a lot. You’ll still find people believing in “hands up don’t shoot”. So when they think that the lies told over the years are true and that instances like those are commonplace, I think that increases the chances of erupting violence are much higher than if this was some out-of-the-blue, un-contextualized video.

And of course the righties would never just address January 6th. Every single time the attack on the US Capitol comes up all we ever get is “but BLM!”
And you can claim that is a “whataboutism”, but it’s a valid point. Do I support breaking into the Capitol? Absolutely not. But does it even remotely compare to the riots of the summer in terms of damage or death toll? Not even close.

And the overall reluctance of lefties to condemn that violence outright leaves me in quite an unfortunate position. If they try to minimize the much worse things their side does, why should I waste my time condemning my own side who did something relatively minuscule in intensity?

But since the post is reflecting on Jan 6th, then I suppose I’ll say this: it was somewhat bad. It wasn’t an insurrection or an attempted coup. It’ll be blown way out of proportion like Charlottesville and become this kind of weird lefty anti-holiday. The worst part about it is that now libtards will use this one instance of right wing rioting in decades to say “but muh right wing extremists riot tooooo”
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@oromagi
Source?
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@ILikePie5
DC District Court Docket
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@oromagi
Link? Cause I can’t find it
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@oromagi
Nvm I found it.

It’s a Status Conference not a Trial. There has been no Trial Date set as of yet.

Would you like to retract this statement: “Please identify one insurrectionist who is being held without a trial date- just flat out false.”
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@ILikePie5

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@oromagi
Correct that’s where I found that it’s a Status Conference not a trial. There hasn’t been a trial date decided yet for Jose Padilla
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@ILikePie5
Let's recall that you spoke of Jan 6th defendants as "being thrown in jail still without a trial"  as if their habeus corpus rights were being violated and described George Floyd rioters as being instantly released.

If you did not mean to imply that habeus corpus was being violated and were just surprised many defendants still haven't set their trial date a year after the crime then you know less about the American Criminal Justice system than I assumed and I guess aren't aware that most of that delay comes from the defendant's end of things, since the 6A restricts the state from unnecessary delays.

This fails even worse by comparison with George Floyd rioters. Since all Jan 6 charges are Federal charges and Federal courts move much swifter than state charges, we can say with confidence that in raw numbers or by percentage, more George Floyd rioters are still waiting for a trial date to be set than Jan 6th insurrectionists.

Your original point that George Floyd rioters got punished less than insurrectionists is not true.  The average sentencing for George Floyd felons is proving to be about 18 times as long as Jan 6th felons.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
I like how a floyd rioter has the same severity of crime as a political trespasser. That's some felony jogging I tell you.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Not to mention serious gaslighting lol