Thank You Dart & AMA

Author: airmax1227

Total: 107
airmax1227
Debates: 0
airmax1227
It has been an interesting couple of weeks, and I've enjoyed the campaign and especially talking with old and new friends.

To my supporters, thank you for your support, we now have a lot of work to do, and I will now need your support more than ever.

To every member of DART, thank you for your contributions to this community and website. If you aren't a supporter of mine, don't know who I am, or are simply indifferent, I hope that I can still make you proud by my efforts this year. If you have any interest at all in contributing to this goal in a specific role, let me know, I'm sure I can use your services. If not, then just keep being the great contributor to DART that you are, and know that it is appreciated.

Over the coming days I plan to get started with my goals, and I'll do my best to share the details of each step as we move forward. I'm going to need help from the community, so please don't be shy to reach out to me directly, or to express your interest publicly. I will soon be making threads asking for specific help in specific areas, with particular members volunteering to be dedicated to particular needs, so keep an eye out for that. I believe that some of this will be quite challenging, but is going to be very fun every step of the way, and it's going to be even more exciting, and even more fun, if we do this together as a community. So share your interests with me, share your feedback, and please know that I appreciate every offer of help that I receive. Your passion for debate and this community can surely be utilized to the betterment of everyone, and I'm super excited to get started and use the talents and enthusiasm of everyone that wants to be involved.

So Join Me, and Let's Do This DART!

I'd like to congratulate Thett3 on being elected VP. While Thett may be joking, and simply assumes that I'll ignore this development as I may have a few times on DDO, he shall have no such luck this time. As far as I am concerned, Thett is my duly appointed VP, and shall take all responsibilities of that role. While that may mostly be ceremonial, it should be known by all of DART, that as an official statement, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, that I name Thett as my VP, and should something prevent me from completing my duties as president before the next election (assassination, internet ban, baby mama drama etc), and should a special election be required, that I, President Airmax of DART, fully endorse Thett for this office.

Now, I realize that VP is only responsible for two things: A) Parroting whatever I say in public, and B) Secretly forming a coalition of discontented revolutionaries to undermine me politically, and I do imagine Thett will do either of these things to whatever degree he is comfortable, I do fully view him as my endorsed replacement should that be necessary, and more importantly, I expect him to work hard with me for the betterment of the community. Good Luck Thett, Congratulations, and may god have mercy on your soul.

Thanks again to everyone who voted. Even if you didn't vote for me I still appreciate your interest in the site, and I am still going to do my best to convince you that I deserved your vote. I hope you will share your interest with me, so that I can have goals that appeal to every single person here. To those that are skeptical, I understand, and I hope to change your mind in the coming days, weeks and months. I hope we can work together regardless of our differences, and form a team that can't fail in making DART even better.

With all that said, if you have any questions at all, about anything at all, please feel free to ASK ME ANYTHING.

Thank you so much DART, it means a lot to me to have your support,

Your humble President,

-Airmax1227
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@airmax1227
Of Debate.org

Wasn't/Hasn't been mentioned/informed to the general users, so far as I know.
Who the owners are, how to seek help or report issues.
What's being done to fix the site.
Or instead if the site has been pretty much abandoned so to speak.

I like to think I'll stay on till the end, no matter the state (Out of a whim)
But other than the regular passages declaring "To the lifeboats, DART and DebateIsland Ahoy!"
Management, and Moderators never really gave an explanation much.

Though bits of the site 'do seem to get fixed from time to time, some debates removed for violating policy, and users 'possibly banned.

Just seems like it'd be nice to know what's it all about and what.

airmax1227
airmax1227
-->
@Lemming
Of Debate.org...
Are you asking me what the current state and future of DDO is?
Bullish
Bullish
Do you plan on violently purging all people who did not vote for you
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@airmax1227
Yes.

Also, I've always wondered what the site was 'worth, if an individual wanted to buy it,
Though I doubt I could afford it.
Mikal
Mikal
-->
@airmax1227
u da bess
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@airmax1227
Can you release an official, direct statement about whether you support or condemn Lunatic's and Mikal's conduct in how they've campaigned against your opposition and behaved throughout this phase of pre-election?

Do you endorse how Lunatic and Mikal carried themselves and treated Ilikepie5 and myself during this election?

airmax1227
airmax1227
-->
@Bullish
Do you plan on violently purging all people who did not vote for you
Well, not necessarily violently...

But in all seriousness, I've already forgotten the election results and I'm just gona assume everyone supports a better DART and that's all that matters.
airmax1227
airmax1227
-->
@Lemming
Yes.
I wana be careful about how I answer this, because I don't want to disparage the property of someone else. Technically I'm still the moderator there, and you can browse the site to see what the state is, but give me some time to provide you a more thoughtful answer that I'm comfortable with.
Mikal
Mikal
-->
@airmax1227
How do you intend to bring mafia back in full force?
Bullish
Bullish
-->
@airmax1227
Well, not necessarily violently...
weak
airmax1227
airmax1227
-->
@Mikal
How do you intend to bring mafia back in full force?
The outline of my plan can be seen in post #37:

Lunatic is working on getting some details of when we can expect group PMs since that is important. I'm going to have a meeting on Friday night to go over general plans, including what we can do for greater forum mafia activity in the short term. This is something that I and plenty of members are passionate about, so in addition to the long term plan linked above, I do want to get started on just making forum mafia more active again, and that starts just one game at a time. Like this game that sign-ups just went up for:

So if anyone is interested in mafia, sign up now.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@airmax1227
So not ask you anything, got it.
Mikal
Mikal
-->
@airmax1227
would you lead the way and sign up for the name game we are posting, everyone wants you to play 

dooo et
airmax1227
airmax1227
-->
@Mikal
would you lead the way and sign up for the name game we are posting, everyone wants you to play 
haha I already did
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
This is the kind of ignoring others will receive when they ask you things if they speak their mind against you, it's just a question of how much you feel you can use them for your agenda, isn't it?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
A bit like this website for instance, that you couldn't give the slightest iota of shit about until presidency came your way.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Let me guess, now Lunatic and Mikal need to bully me for 2 more weeks so you stay silent and can't reply to me. No worries man, stay quiet.
Mikal
Mikal
Are there certain things you won't address or a reason why some questions may not be answered?
airmax1227
airmax1227
-->
@Mikal
Are there certain things you won't address or a reason why some questions may not be answered?
Well I probably wont answer certain personal questions that aren't relevant to anything, but as for anything related to the site or my presidency or something related to that, I would like to think I am a completely open book, willing to engage to the satisfaction of everyone.

There are very few exceptions though. If someone has me blocked I am going to assume they have made a direct statement of a lack of desire to engage with me either privately or publicly, and I will probably accept and ultimately acquiesce to their decision, with perhaps very few exceptions.

Furthermore there might be situations where I believe that engaging a topic with a particular person is not being done in good faith, or for a productive purpose. In those cases I may be reluctant to engage on that issue with a particular person, though if the same issue were brought up by someone else, I may be enthusiastic to engage the issue.

There also might be situations where I am simply uncomfortable engaging with the situation/individual. Where I might believe that the logical end of defending myself, or justifying some decision I've made, may actually, at best, require some level of borderline unethical argumentation to make the required defense or ultimate point necessary. In other words, if defending myself, or something similar, requires making a point that may make someone uncomfortable to this degree, or reveal information that shouldn't be revealed, or some other factor, this is something that I view as problematic and may just avoid it at the outset. I realize this is kind of complicated, and it's naturally going to be a very rare circumstance, but it can occur.

But otherwise, aside for the reasons listed above, and perhaps some others, I am always enthusiastic to engage on any issue, and answer pretty much any question asked of me. I want to stress that it's rare that I wont engage on an issue, so if you see me doing it, it's not because I'm concerned about it for some political purpose or something frivolous, but for very specific reasons. I hope I never create a perception of simply trying to avoid anything, and if anyone does believe I'm simply trying to avoid something, please let me know and I'll try to assuage those concerns. I want to engage the community in every case, on all issues, and I fully intend to do that, but there probably are going to be rare exceptions where I simply feel that I can't, and I want to be honest from the outset that such situations may exist.
Mikal
Mikal
-->
@airmax1227
to clarify you won't respond to someone if it means humiliating them is the only way to respond, or if you think it's unproductive to respond because there is no end goal?
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@Lemming
I offered Mike $200 a month to make me head mod, because I assumed that was huge money in his shithole country.Apatently he can't be bought for $200 , a month. Assuming it is worth more than $200 a month that I offered I would assume that means it could be valued at like $5000 . 

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@airmax1227
 I hope I never create a perception of simply trying to avoid anything, and if anyone does believe I'm simply trying to avoid something, please let me know and I'll try to assuage those concerns.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Mikal
to clarify you won't respond to someone if it means humiliating them is the only way to respond, or if you think it's unproductive to respond because there is no end goal?
Whatever excuse he needs.

anyway as for you, I think you need to learn what real lyricism is:

epilepsy warning
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
What’s your SSN?
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@airmax1227
Why did you let Brontoraptor obliterate the politics forum on debate.org
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Wylted
Well, DDO has an intrusive number of ads, so maybe it makes a fair amount of money.
I've no head for the value of items.
'Most I could have offered was $50,000 outright, X amount of time ago, but near all of that got invested into buying a house.
And even that I'd 'guess might not be enough money.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@airmax1227
What is the purpose of adopting a diplomatic tone when dealing with people?

1. Is it a natural thing or did you train yourself?

2. Do you speak that way even with close friends and family?

3. Does having a diplomatic communication style make you inherently less trustworthy? 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Lemming
I was talking about my attempt to bribe the owner of Dart. Sorry
airmax1227
airmax1227
-->
@Mikal
to clarify you won't respond someone if it means humiliating them is the only way to respond, or if you think it's unproductive to respond because there is no end goal?
In some cases that could ultimately be the outcome, and I would certainly want to avoid that. So yes, that would be a facet of what I would view as problematic. It's also the case that I'm reluctant to engage in something that I feel is more intended to be a gotcha game type thing, rather than something with a purpose. I mean I'll engage in tough questions especially if my integrity is being questioned, but I'd rather do so if I feel it's being done to actually understand the situation and engage in it honestly.