Is calling someone a coward a ban worthy offense

Author: Outplayz

Total: 229
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@Outplayz
I'm not arguing with you my friend but I'm certainly disagreeing with you on this one without any doubts. You're welcome to your opinion but this place will raise in quality without that member, trust me. Should he return I'm going to head out. I've been harassed by this dude for years and I care not to really explain other than I'm surprised you don't see what is going on. Along with one other member and why they ever came here to begin with. 
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@EtrnlVw
Actually,it hurts more to be laughed at by someone you like than to be called deluded by an asshole.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@janesix
Actually, it hurts more to be laughed at by someone you like than to be called deluded by an asshole.

That is a very situational take and not an accurate viewpoint of a moderator to take on his/her userbase.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@EtrnlVw
I'm not arguing with you my friend but I'm certainly disagreeing with you on this one without any doubts. You're welcome to your opinion but this place will raise in quality without that member, trust me. Should he return I'm going to head out. I've been harassed by this dude for years and I care not to really explain other than I'm surprised you don't see what is going on. Along with one other member and why they ever came here to begin with. 
Dude... you know i've been a target of his mean spirited and stubborn attacks. But putting aside your feelings of liking him or not... you really think that qualifies for banning someone? What if one day i start vehemently disagreeing with you? At which point i will think your views are deluded and will probably say so... then, that qualifies in me being banned too? Bc i'm not adding what you would rather me add? He added a complete disagreement to our views. That's humbling in my opinion and i tried every time to prove my case and yeah... every time it ended with him calling me a name. That's just who he is. I just find it sad that everyone is so quick to get rid of someone they dislike. That just sounds like mob rule to me. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
Outplayz he doesn't vehemently disagree, he bullies. You're saying 'tolerate the bullying because he is an opponent to debate with' but you're missing out on how shallow his disagreements are and what he is doing is veiling bullying and harassment with argumentation as opposed to adding that on top.

I have proven this to bsh1 and others by several case-study examples. Unlike disgusted/vagabond and ethang as well as bench (but bench used to be as bad, if not worse so I am referring to the user imabench here, not back on DDO years back) all have two things in common as we know them now:

• They fear being banned if they abuse too much.
  • When you say 'look, please back off' they significantly reduce the frequency with which they attack you (especially post-block)
These two things were inverted with goldtop. He'd increase both things as opposed to decrease in said scenarios.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
Outplayz he doesn't vehemently disagree, he bullies. You're saying 'tolerate the bullying because he is an opponent to debate with' but you're missing out on how shallow his disagreements are and what he is doing is veiling bullying and harassment with argumentation as opposed to adding that on top.
I know what he does. He plays mind games, he plays semantics, he doesn't answer you but cherry picks what you said and reinterprets it. Trust me, i know him. I've had many back and forths with him. I don't think him being a jerk qualifies as a ban. And the only reason he probably focused on you more is most likely bc you would argue back. I wouldn't argue back at some point... and he left me alone until our next quarrel. If you argued back with him... yes, he was mean spirited but never malicious. That's why i don't agree with this. I would rather be somewhere where people push me rather be surrounded by agreeable people. That's boring and it's also not reality.  

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
Honestly if you can show me a conversation bw you two that was malicious i'll agree with this bc i'm willing to bet you can't and only have convos where he's mean-spirited. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
Outplayz, I say this not as a timid, sensitive effeminate user who feels intimidated and terrified of Goldtop (no offence to such users at all, I know they exist and simply completely avoided him, tiptoeing too afraid to be weird around him in a thread). I say this as someone as domineering and 'pushy' in my forum interaction style as Goldtop is:

What he did is not acceptable and you are wrong even furthermore:

IT IS PRECISELY TOXIC PERSONALITIES who are here only to hurt other users that should get banned as opposed to the actions in themselves. You need to ban strategic sadists over outburst-prone now-and-again vitriolic posters.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
Do you know that there is truly no difference between malicious and mean-spirited? :)
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
characterized by malice; intending or intended to do harm.
Malicious is intending to do harm. 

Mean-spirited is just not caring about your opinion and letting you know. 
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@janesix
An hour isn't a lot of time to prepare a defence. I bet he was just as confused as we are.
Given the myriad warnings he received, including the notification that further COC violations were likely to lead to a temp ban, I would disagree that Goldtop never had a chance to offer a defense. In fact, at each stage of the process, that is, after each warning, he had a chance to defend his conduct. The ban came about out of a accumulation of problematic activity, and so it is perhaps accurate to say that he had scores of chances to offer defenses each time he was talked to. And, btw, it was more than an hour--an hour is the bare minimum required, but he had more than that.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
He was absolutely 0% the latter thing (that is not at all what 'mean-spirited' means though).

He was not an ambivalent 'here comes madman again' user. He did precisely what you said, lied about what I said, lied about what his anti-flat-earth source actually held in it and never ever paid attention to anything I would say on any topic about anything. He'd attack my mental health across four subforums really laughing at me and spitting in my metaphorical face as all I wanted to do was bring up some points and perhaps change my mind if the opposition could bring up good enough points. I was nothing but passive-aggressive back. I didn't snap, I didn't abuse and he lost. You're mad because I saved the forum an abusive user who has targeted me, EternlVw and at least 2 others in an elongated, targeted manner. You are victim-blaming. I didn't bring it onto myself and he has no right to get other people to point and laugh at me in the way he did nor to others. Especially not when they block him and try their best to ignore him.

Ignoring him DID NOT HELP AT ALL. I saw others try it, he would keep at it again and again until you snap.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
He was absolutely 0% the latter thing (that is not at all what mean-spirited means though).

He was not an ambivalent 'here comes madman again' user. He did precisely what you said, lied about what I said, lied about what his anti-flat-earth source actually held in it and never ever paid attention to anything I would say on any topic about anything. He'd attack my mental health across four subforums really laughing at me and spitting in my metaphorical face as all I wanted to do was bring up some points and perhaps change my mind if the opposition could bring up good enough points. I was nothing but passive-aggressive back. I didn't snap, I didn't abuse and he lost. You're mad because I saved the forum an abusive user who has targeted me, EternlVw and at least 2 others in an elongated, targeted manner. You are a victim-blaming joke. I didn't bring it onto myself and he has no right to get other people to point and laugh at me in the way he did nor to others. Especially not when they block him and try their best to ignore him.

Ignoring him DID NOT HELP AT ALL. I saw others try it, he would keep at it again and again until you snap.

Yes... mean-spirited by definition is unsympathetic... and that's exactly what it means, doesn't give two hoots what you believe and let's you know. He's unsympathetic to your views. 

I'm done protecting him bc he isn't a user i care for or like... By the sound of it, Bsh1 gave him a lot of warnings and he didn't care. To me, that's on him. My thing is i will always question a ban when it is someone i've known for such a long time bc i know EXACTLY how he acts. I always forget people usually have a lot thinner skin than i do... empathy isn't a strength of mine. So i can understand how he acts could be devastating to some. Even me... with what looks like the thickest skin here, he would get annoying. So to the thinner skins he's probably the devil. So whatever... he was warned and continued. He's an adult, as BSH1 said, and should have heeded the warning. 

In the end of the day, i don't think his behavior is bannable... but i'm not the mod, and i forget i'm bad at empathy in these cases.  
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
Sorry for calling you a joke as you quoted, I corrected it as soon as I realised I had got too worked up. It was wrong of me to say. I wasn't sure how many warning he'd got and ignored though but at least that has convinced you.
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
This discussion is starting to verge on making personal attacks towards Goldtop, which is exactly why issues like this should not be discussed publicly, but should be discussed via PM. I remind everyone that even though Goldtop is not here, the rules protecting him against personal attacks remain in place.

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
I guess nobody here ever heard the expression.... don't feed the troll...

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
I wasn't sure how many warning he'd got an ignored though but at least that has convinced you.
To me, warnings is enough if he continues to harass. At that point it's harassment. I don't think it's harassment if you frequent a specific thread and someone replies, negatively, to you the most. They either just don't like you or your opinions but i think you should just suck it up and defend your position. Especially you, man. When you hold a view, flat-earth, that IS laughed at... you should understand that is the reality of holding such a view that someone is going to be mean-spirited. Watch Joe Rogan and Eddie Bravo talk about flat earth on Youtube. It's his best friend that get's mad at him... calls him crazy and everything. That's just what happens in reality... and i don't find that stuff to be a problem unless the person intends to do you harm. I'll just take your word that he did get malicious with you, bc it sounds like he did from what you're saying, and that's wrong. 

Sorry for calling you a joke as you quoted, I corrected it as soon as I realised I had got too worked up. It was wrong of me to say.
You can call me whatever you want. I will never report you or would i get offended. I don't say i probably have the thickest skin here off whim. I've never understood how empty faces can offend someone bc i know in real life you would never mess with me.... anyone here. 

SamStevens
SamStevens
-->
@Mopac
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
In many of your posts to me, you lol at me. This is just as obnoxious as being called deluded.but it's only obnoxious. 

Is this supposed to be a joke? are you being serious or are you talking to someone else? I have never, ever made fun of you, I have always supported you. Please tell me you are directing this elsewhere? 
disgusted
disgusted
@Mad
So you're the crybaby's cheerleader. Be proud or get a life. bwuahahahahahahaha
janesix
janesix
-->
@EtrnlVw
You have done it on multiple occasions. On d d o and here today. What do you think lol mrans??
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@janesix
What do you think lol mrans??
Lot's of love.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@bsh1
I certainly hope the decision was not influenced, nay instigated by the child madman as he claims.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
Citation of me "lol" to make fun of you please. Why would you ever want to stab me in the back? after all the discussions and private messages over the years you really are being serious? please show me what you are referring to please don't make me play guessing games. I'm seriously blown away right now. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
What do you think lol mrans??

Directly, it means I found something to be humorous. To answer the question. I'm gonna wait until you show me where I was making fun of you or whatever you are suggesting. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
I've stood up for you even when Goldtop was rude to you and insulting your intelligence, you honestly hurt my feelings. Which is not that hard to do but I never expected you to say anything like that. 
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Outplayz
Yes he does you just defending him cause its a religion forum thing. Shame on both of you. 
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@EtrnlVw
She has no loyalty guess people prefer an abuser. Some are like that. 
janesix
janesix
-->
@EtrnlVw
have you lost your memory lol?
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I must admit... i'll defend any of you that i've known for some time. And everything he does and ways he's acted, he's directed it at me too. So i know what he's gotten in trouble for... and i still don't think it's offensive enough to warrant a ban. I guess i just don't get bothered by such behavior but that's making me a bit selfish since i'm not thinking about anyone else. On top of that, i wasn't really considering that he was warned not to bother people in PMs and i wouldn't put it past him to keep pushing. So i think his ban is warrant now if that's how he acted. But the bottom line is... if i've known you for a long time, if i like or dislike you, i will stand up for you. That's just how i am.