Is calling someone a coward a ban worthy offense

Author: Outplayz

Total: 229
Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
Topic name says it all. 

Edit* I guess i should add... "should it be" if it is. 
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@Outplayz
If that's all that happened...no.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@bsh1
I'm just trying to understand your recent ban. I'm not getting it reading through past posts.  
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Outplayz
Which recent ban?
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@bsh1
Should i bring it up here, or would you rather i PM you. 
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Outplayz
PMing would be more appropriate, generally. 
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@Outplayz
Same here. I would like to know as well.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@janesix
I'm trying to figure it out in PMs. I'm half getting it and half not. It really comes down to personality. Some users are just how they are... mean. I don't think people should be punished for being who they are bc we all expect them to be exactly that way. 
janesix
janesix
-->
@Outplayz
I agree. I honestly don't think this person should have been banned, based on his history on the forums, if that is all it is.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@janesix
Well... definitely one of the reasons we need to have a discussion on. Harassment. If i dislike someone or think what they are saying is poisonous, i will likely reply to them the most often. As weird as that is... but, i would want them to know they are wrong. Now, i don't care as much as goldy does, but we can't fault him for being who he is. So i don't understand how something can be harassment. We are all on forums and if someone is on a forum that i frequent and i vehemently disagree with them... i will let them know. Why in the world would that be harassment? To me harassment would be not answer whatever the person said or posing any questions. Gold always asks questions even if those questions are smart ass ones. So i am not understanding this harassment rule. 

The other reason is probably bc he calls ideas he disagrees with stupid and other names. I don't think he should be faulted for being who he is... i haven't seen him be malicious. I could be wrong since i haven't read everything... but i did read all the recent posts on science and religion and he was just being mean... typical way he acts. 

janesix
janesix
-->
@Outplayz
If harrassment is dissagreement, then we are all guilty. This is what the forums are for. 

I haven't seen harrassment, just a jerk. and if we took all the jerks away, not many of us would be left.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@janesix
That is what i am feeling like he is getting punished for.... being a jerk. But we all expect him to be that way bc we know he disagrees with us. He also does reply to some of us more often. Even in other threads... but, only when he disagrees. It makes no sense how that's harassment. Bsh is saying i don't know what's going on so i think he should correct me if i'm wrong. I've known, and you've known, him for some time. We know how he acts pretty well. I don't think being a jerk deserves punishment.  
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Outplayz
As I explained in our PM, Goldtop was banned for harassment, sexual harassment, and for cumulative misconduct, about which he received more than a dozen warnings prior to the temp-ban action. Harassment is "a sustained pattern of misconduct, targeting a specific user or users, carrying over various forum threads over a substantial period of time." Sexual harassment is a bit more complicated to understand. Broadly, it is composed of three categories. First, lewd or suggestive comments which constitute unwanted advances. Second, lewd or suggestive comments designed to make the recipient uncomfortable or to mock the recipient. Third, comments targeting a user's sex, sexual attractiveness, sexual performance, or orientation which are designed to make the recipient feel uncomfortable or to mock the recipient. Goldtop's violation falls into the third category. The violations in question were viewed as severe by both Virt and myself. Finally, cumulative misconduct--which would not, on its own, have warranted a ban--simply refers to the sheer volume of COC violations in the form of personal attacks Goldtop accumulated while on the site.

Unfortunately, my hands are tied in going into greater depth because the questions of harassment and sexual harassment implicates other users, whose privacy ought to be respected. I am empowered to state why Goldtop was banned, and I have. I am not, however, going to engage in a lengthy debate on the question which would require me to divulge concerns involving other users or expressed to me in confidence. Goldtop was provided the exact, and rather lengthy, explanation for his ban, and had more than an hour after becoming aware of his ban in which to offer a protest. The proper procedures were followed, and Virt and I were in total agreement on the decision.
Outplayz
Outplayz
"Targeting a specific user" Why is that wrong? If a user frequents threads i am in, and i disagree with them... i will target said user. These are freaking forums for god sake and that's unavoidable.  

I'm the last person that should be sticking up for him... but, when you've known someone for years, you naturally get offended at such punishment. What i know... he's a jerk. What i also know, he usually doesn't allow himself to tip over into being malicious. Why he even has a history of warning doesn't make sense. Seems to me he's the one being targeted. 

And... the sexual harassment... just doesn't sound like Gold. Forgive me if i am losing my trust in the moderation of this site. 

janesix
janesix
-->
@bsh1
An hour isn't a lot of time to prepare a defence. I bet he was just as confused as we are.

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Not at all
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
Tell them about me and ask the other users he harassed to come forth if you want.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
I know two other users he's target-bullied even after being asked to leave them alone.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
This was a brilliant ban, don't ever forgive him, he's sadistic and calculating as a bully gets short of IRL threats or suicide encouragement.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
His worst posts got deleted by mods so his post history is only 80% of the abuse.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@bsh1
Good eye, and TBH most of the threads he is involved in lowers the quality of this place overall, he just has a way of condemning people and instigating crap, harassing certain members that are in contrast to his personal views for extended periods of time.... Now discussions/debate can take place in the forums without it becoming a shyt fest. It is hard not to retaliate, but any action that can be performed to raise the quality of this place and limit nonsense should be taken. We don't want another DDO and lately that is where the threads seem to be going upon the arrival of just TWO members. One in which is still present. One better gone than none though...
disgusted
disgusted
@mad
You mean even paranoids get followed. bwuahahahahaha
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@disgusted
Yes, and that's when my psyche becomes most powerful but no, 'follow' in this sense isn't the same as 'stalking'.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
Confused really? your satisfied with the content of that members posts and the activity of his conduct towards you and your topics? have you lost your memory lol? aren't you tired of getting the lame ol response "your deluded", you're "mentally ill" you believe in fairy tales? he doesn't bring actual objections to discussions just a biased, emotional opinion. We all wanted something different from this forum so why are we complaining about fair bans?
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
His worst posts got deleted by mods so his post history is only 80% of the abuse.
Maybe that's why i am not seeing what they are talking about. Bc i don't see any "worst posts" ... i know he bullies and that he's a jerk. But that is no reason to ban someone if that's just it. I've dealt with him probably a lot longer than you have. He's annoying, stubborn, and forward in his dislike of whatever he's contesting. That to me doesn't make it harassment. If he dislikes something, he lets that person know. He's rude, so what? Life isn't filled with nice people... In any case, i searched through all the recent threads to look for what could have banned him. If they've removed those threads than i didn't see why. I don't think it's a smart idea to remove threads so fast... bc it leaves people like me confused why he got banned. 

To me, it seems like you guys are just happy he's gone bc you didn't like him... that's sad. I didn't like him either, but i respect that he was himself. 
janesix
janesix
In many of your posts to me, you lol at me. This is just as obnoxious as being called deluded.but it's only obnoxious. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@EtrnlVw
And what I can't agree more worth is how you point out that his abuse isn't even loaded rebuttal, it's purely sadistic targeted shards of verbal glass.

He couldn't give a damn what's being argued, he cares how easy it is to get others to pile on you and to take focus away from any good points you bring.

I never once, ever, saw him target someome with a mainstream argument or socially normal reputation. He'd prey on the eccentric until their egos broke and either anger or sadness caused them to snap or stop posting.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
He's been blocked by me and others, asked to leave us alone and harassed us across all subforums really digging into us until we snap. If I had not done some things in private and got other victims to unite and contact bsh1 he easily would still be here. You don't know what it's like to be on the receiving end of targeted bullying as you try to convey peculiar views. It really hurts and is truly enough to make you scared to post if he's around.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@EtrnlVw
Confused really? your satisfied with the content of that members posts and the activity of his conduct towards you and your topics? have you lost your memory lol? aren't you tired of getting the lame ol response "your deluded", you're "mentally ill" you believe in fairy tales? he doesn't bring actual objections to discussions just a biased, emotional opinion. We all wanted something different from this forum so why are we complaining about fair bans?
I don't ever remember him calling her mentally ill.. but, he has called all of us deluded. He has been a jerk to me and i'm sure you. That doesn't equal punishment in my opinion. Why are you so happy to fill these forums with people that are nice? That's not life... not everyone is nice. Some people are jerks. I honestly don't remember him going into a malicious threat. I kept a keen eye on that, personally. I would have reported him myself if he did. All he really did is be mean-spirited. If this site wants to be a rate G site than that's sad... bc it's not reality. 

Now RM is saying they took down his "worst posts" 1) i don't think they should do that so fast so people like me could look back and see why he got banned for, and 2) if he did go over the line i am all for a ban. I just know him, and i know him as the jerk that he is. That to me doesn't mean censoring him and getting rid of him and laughing bc we got him banned. We are just as bad as a jerk bully if we encourage such a thing. 

Being mean shouldn't be ban worthy. And trust me, he is the last person i want to be standing up for... but, i searched his past conversations and all i see is a smart ass jerk. Nothing malicious, nothing sexually harassing. And, i don't agree with the definition of harassment bc it's unavoidable. He doesn't follow us around everywhere. But if he's in a thread where i say something he disagrees with.. he always let me know. I don't think that's harassment. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
Dude... i've known him for years. I am one of his main targets. But the thing is he never goes overboard. He just calls me deluded and that i have an imagination. That i'm imagining everything... He never gets malicious, at least with me. I don't find calling me stupid or deluded is malicious. It's just his opinion of my views. Whatever... i think he's short-side and close-minded and i've told him he is and he likely replied at least i'm not delusional... great! I've had that back and forth with him for years now... But, i'm not so quick to say that qualifies in banning him just so i can feel comfortable and be surrounded by more people that agree with me... i want his type on this site. It humbling to get someone that vehemently disagrees with you.