Author: Lunatic

Total: 285
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@Vader
That's your character???

I kinda want to probe what That2User said because it's odd. Self Defense doesn't really mean much, so VTL That2 for character claim.
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@Incel-chud
Again, you aren't doing anything wrong. Humans have certain psychological tells that are hard to hide. I am not criticizing your actions, so much as pointing out, that you are most likely scum based on things like that. It shows a level of trying to write words just to write words.

I often do something similar, where I write in a flow of consciusness, in fact I am doing it now. Just unfiltered thoughts pouring out. Nothing wrong with that. The issue here is that you are repeating sttements and fluffing, because scum are usually conscious of their activity level. You want to appear active, because you falsely believe that town is more active than what it is.

You also struggle, because scum can't really scum hunt, so they have to simulate, giving a shit about finding scum, and since lying is uncomfortable they often say stuff like . I think Ilike pie is scum because he is buddying up to people, but maybe he is town trying to buddy up so people feel more secure giving him information".

That is the exact type of analysis that comes from scum, trying to simulate actual scum hunting. It is unnatural. Again, you aren't doing anything wrong. You are a human, and imperfect. You have psychological tells, and you have been caught. Maybe the rest of town will see it, but often these are weak players who rarely are privy to the psychological element of the game and you will get off the hook.
That's great and all, but this literally all stuff I did in Ozark Mafia as town.

Asking for input from town on the issue of mass claiming? I did this in Ozark Mafia here.

The expression of my obvious thoughts that you write off as fluff? I expressed my thoughts like that in Ozark Mafia here.

Any actual fluff? I posted a lot of fluff in Ozark Mafia too, particularly in the first page of DP1 of that game here.

All of your psychological analysis is based on how the normal player behaves. I am not a normal player. If anything, this is all consistent with how I act as town, especially in the early game when there is not a lot information, so I am less confident in my town play early on.

Incel-chud
Debates: 6
Incel-chud
Asking for input from town on the issue of mass claiming? I did this in Ozark Mafia here.
Reread the post. I did not criticize you asking for input

The expression of my obvious thoughts that you write off as fluff? I expressed my thoughts like that in Ozark Mafia here.
You aren't taking the time to understand my analysis. What you linked was not fluff at all, it was genuine analysis and took a stance. 

All of your psychological analysis is based on how the normal player behaves. I am not a normal player. If anything
Thanks for posting what you did as town in Ozark. It has helped cement my analysis here further. You either don't understand my analysis and it is why you post irrelevant links to unrelated things in Ozark or you are intentionally being deceptive. 

If it is the former, you need to really fix that. Maybe it is my fault and I didn't explain my analysis well, but everything you showed me displayed behavior opposite to what I actually criticizd
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
At this point we need full claims from people. RM and That1User should full claim immediately.

ComputerNerd also reads scummy to me right. His behavior seems off.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Alright... so another long day... made longer by a certain thread post that is still being discussed... but hey, I'd rather stay focused on Mafia for now, so let's put that behind us for the moment.

I still have questions about how RM is determining the theme and none of his posts since I posted last night have helped answer them. The balance angle may have something to it, but it seems a bit overcomplicated to me and a somewhat tortured way to distinguish between martial arts. I'm no expert in this (like, seriously, at all), so I may just not know enough to be able to parse through pages and pages about each of these martial arts, but I don't see the obvious distinctions on a balance level between the styles that RM is discussing as potentially scum and the others common to MMA. Maybe I'm just missing something. Regardless, at this point, we already know everything but the full claim from RM and it's kind of absurd that we're stuck waiting for him to explain all this on Saturday when he's already gone this far.

Personally, I'm considering the angle that it may have more to do with regions or countries of origin, though at present we have too few to make a call about where most of the martial arts are grouped. That might still have some overlap with RM's proposed split, but not entirely. I'm also considering how long these have been around, though that's more of a stretch at this point.

I'm getting a couple of soft claims that I'm not going to draw attention to, as well as this weird claim from That2User in their first and only post. Self-defense just doesn't fit with what we've expected in terms of martial arts, especially given that it's not really a separate style. I'm in agreement with Pie that this needs to be elucidated, and a full claim seems warranted after dropping that and leaving.
ComputerNerd
Debates: 15
ComputerNerd
-->
@ILikePie5
@Incel-chud
Pie: What behavior exactly? You read me as scum based off of 5 posts. There is no possible way for me to prove I'm innocent. I'll reiterate that my MMA is Aikido, known for being a disarming technique.

Incel-chud: I'm a novice. I don't want to get voted out for not being active or not providing an explanation. As well as this, you are not aware of my time zone, so you could be pestering me to be active while I'm asleep without knowing. 

ComputerNerd
ComputerNerd
My reads:

TOWN:
- CN
- RM
- Incel
- Pie
- Mharman

UNSURE/INACTIVE:
- Supa
- Whiteflame
- Earth
- That2User
That2User
That2User
-->
@ILikePie5
"That1User should full claim immediately."
I am Karate, the most vanilla of self defense disciplines, self defense is in my DM but everyone else is confused by my post, I hoped town would have this too
Karate was mentioned by RM as potentially scum via theme, me being town dislodges this part of the analysis but I think the theme is a good basis, what did everyone else get to describe their martial art? 
That2User
That2User
-->
@ComputerNerd
"disarming your opponent"
You have disarming your opponent,
I have self defense
Let me see what else we have with descriptions
That2User
That2User
-->
@RationalMadman
"I actually know the split because of my role description"
What is your role description?
Incel-chud
Incel-chud
I agree about that2user's post being very odd. Not sure what to do with it though, since I find it hard to believe a scum mate would allow that nonsense or that he would have posted it, without consulting his team. I am not opposed to his lynch, because I have seen wifom fuck town before. 
Earth
Earth
Unvote

Pondering over the day
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
"I’m not really calling anyone out. The only thing I want to call out is a company… Instagram, give me my account back – ya lizards."

That2user- 1 /5- ILikePie5
Mharman- 1 /5- incelchud
ILikePie5- 1 /5- RationalMadman

ComputerNerd
ComputerNerd
If That2User is really Karate, I believe they are Town. Karate instills values of honor, hard work and respect, all of which are characteristics which I do not believe Lunatic would assign to a scum role.

Incel-chud
Incel-chud
Every martial art distills some positive qualities on people who train in them that extends beyond the fighting skills. It means nothing
Earth
Earth
-->
@ComputerNerd
Not necessarily. The theme could be something like Asian MMA (mafia) vs non Asian (Town). Town doesn't mean morally good in this context.
ComputerNerd
ComputerNerd
Fair. I guess we'll wait for a confirmed theme split.

RationalMadman
Debates: 568
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
You claim first.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I will like everybody to massclaim, then I will reveal the real theme split.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I will now reveal that I lied partly.

The theme is not quite either I said.

I will explain later on.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Krav Maga is still town. I am certain.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
There is a balance type theme and those balanced between two things are the towniest because we are not sure which the split has as the minority.

I will speak more on Aikido and Karate later.
Earth
Earth
-->
@RationalMadman
Holy hell. Have you claimed yet?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Earth
I have said I am Kung fu, Savate or Sambo (I also had krav maga but incel claimed ot and I didnt cc).

I  unccd investigative PR
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Earth
Your turn to claim
Incel-chud
Incel-chud
I have no problem claiming. I believe RM is town and am willing to humor him. I didn't claim krav maga. God wrestles with Jacob in Genesis and Jacob actually does pretty well against God. 

I am wrestling
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Incel-chud
Ok that is much less towny, sorry.

Though in the real theme split wrestling is less definitely scummy than I implied. It depends on a maj vs min split across a dynamic that is NOT striking vs grappling.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Very shady af for incel to risk making a krav maga CC happen, very strange indeed.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I will tell the split and fullclaim today later (Friday) in EST it will be some point in afternoon.

I moved up the time due to people all agreeing they want me to out. All those who did not claim their martial art by then will be held in contempt.
Incel-chud
Incel-chud
I don't really care if somebody CCs a soft claim they misread