What is an “extravagant lie?”

Author: ILikePie5

Total: 71
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@ILikePie5
You claim that he said banning for doxing is dumb. But you have refused to point to the hypothetical post in which he's supposed to have said that.

Again, issue the debate challenge. I'll gladly come out of retirement for it, giving you a chance to break my win streak so long as your words are not just rambling non-sequiturs.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Barney
You claim that he said banning for doxing is dumb. But you have refused to point to the hypothetical post in which he's supposed to have said that.
You are willfully misconstruing my allegations. Makes sense though. Gotta stay in the good eyes of your boss.

Again, issue the debate challenge. I'll gladly come out of retirement for it, giving you a chance to break my win streak so long as your words are not just rambling non-sequiturs.
No. I have better things to do, namely form a MEEP that allows for the removal of authoritarian “mods” like you. 
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@ILikePie5
You are willfully misconstruing my allegations.
If true, that would make it very easy for you to win the debate. Seems unlikely since I'm directly quoting you, as seen in #55.

No. I have better things to do, namely form a MEEP that allows for the removal of authoritarian “mods” like you. 
These things are in no way mutually exclusive.

Further, your success in said debate would support it. Hell, defeat me in the debate and I'll step down (thereby taking far less of your time and energy than the commitment of running a referendum, to achieve the same goal).
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Barney
These things are in no way mutually exclusive.

Further, your success in said debate would support it. Hell, defeat me in the debate and I'll step down (thereby taking far less of your time and energy than the commitment of running a referendum, to achieve the same goal).
Oh I love me a good challenge :). We’ll see if you all keep your word.
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@ILikePie5
If you take him at his word, but he did ask for people to give him the info publicly. I think if mods had done that, and used the word "dox" explicitly your case for hypocrisy would be sound... or if he had kept to PMs and they still banned him.
He said to email it to him. The email address is now censored.
He still asked for the info publicly. Show me mods asking for doxing publicly and I'll agree. I don't think people should be creating secret conspiracies to dox people, but at least that wouldn't have the same chilling effect (until of course they start the blackmail).
So why is “extravagant lying,” which objectively was not even the case here and fallout thread harassment even mentioned in the ban?
That is false, you cannot prove it is not the case and in my opinion the balance of evidence points to an extravagant lie.

I said people shouldn't be banned for something so difficult to prove as intention, but you certainly haven't proved the inverse; that he was totally honest in what he said. If he was, he has a screw loose.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Well now we've  found out that the average user has to have their account banned and start a new account to do a name change but the mods are allowed to do it at will must be nice.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Barney ain’t an improvement lmfao. But I definitely agree with you.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
I would like to see this debate
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
You’re welcome to accept it on my behalf
Lunatic
Debates: 3