January 6th Hearings

Author: Double_R

Total: 655
lady3keys
Debates: 0
lady3keys
-->
@Greyparrot
How hard would it be for the Democrats to have a committee hearing on inflation and lie to the people about that?
I will concede that all politicians lie to some extent. 
But sedition is another matter entirely! Trump lied about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to stay in power. He tried to make leaders of other countries help him win! Even after he lost, he tried to manipulate Georgia, the military and even the Dept. of Justice, to peddle his lies.

Like the green energy snake oil?
Green energy? Seriously?
So you don't care about the planet? Everything has its pros and cons, but to speak of green energy in the same way Trump speaks of "politics", is not only incongruous -- it is offensive.

Not everything people "push" as green is truly good for the planet, but collectively, we are all trying our best! 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@lady3keys
So you don't care about the planet? Everything has its pros and cons, but to speak of green energy in the same way Trump speaks of "politics", is not only incongruous -- it is offensive.
Well we disagree on that since we are now paying for that green energy snake oil with 6 dollar gasoline imported from Iran. 

As an American, I find that offensive. If it was just Al Gore pitching his usual snake oil, that would have been fine since I didn't have to buy it.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@lady3keys
Trump lied about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to stay in power.
So why can't the Democrats lie about what is going on with inflation? Don't the Democrats want to stay in power?
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
 Surprised me to hear Ivanka come out on Bill Barr's side.
I don't see a single reason to care about this. This is essentially just the old playground kickball rule of "If your teammate makes a call that benefits the other team, they must be right on the matter." The rule completely ignores the idea of said teammate just being wrong about the issue, despite a lack of dishonest intentions.

The Sean Hannity texts also surprised me.
I don't see what's so surprising about them. Journalists are advocative (as opposed to objective) more than ever, and I guarantee having inside sources is nothing new either. That being said, it's bad for journalism and it's part of why I stopped watching FOX and why I will never care to watch CNN or any of the other MSM networks. That set aside, the texts don't indicate any attempt at insurrection on the part of the Trump campaign or Hannity; in fact, near the end (on Jan 6), Hannity asked Meadows to get people to leave peacefully, to which Meadows responded with "On it." So it's pretty clear that while they both believed in a fraudulent election and worked with each other to try to get their viewpoint across, they didn't do anything criminal. If this is really the big terrible deal that proves some "evil plot to overthrow the government", then it tells me this investigation is nothing more than partisan nonsense that thanks to the media, has elevated to become a legitimate threat to the American people by means of giving one party an excuse to jail as many political opponents as possible.

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Castin
Was going to tag you, but I forgot.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Novice_II
About that, this appears to be something else some people I read previously do not understand in this thread. There is a difference between a whataboutism, and issuing priority.

From what I see, the conservative side of this thread isn't deflecting from issues, but critisizing the hyperfixation upon a specific issue as insignificant to the greater American predicament. 
They're connected. You cannot talk about any issue going on in this country without talking about democracy, because democracy is the process by which we address all issues.

Let's say you want to elect a conservative president in 2024 who will address the issue of inflation according to the policies you approve of and who you feel will address your concerns when they are in office.

But the next Democrat candidate denies that she lost the election. She whips her fanbase into a frenzy of conspiratorial thinking, ignores her own attorney general and election officials who all say the conservative candidate won, demands that her vice president overturn the election in violation of the Constitution, and subsequently, a mob of the most impressionable and simple-minded liberals lay siege to the Capitol building in the middle of the certification of your candidate. Their justification is that you didn't care when conservatives did it to them, so why should they care when they do it to you?

Half the country thinks she won when she didn't; the other half is outraged. The government goes into limbo. Inflation skyrockets without any organized response from officials at all. The issue that was so important to you, and rightly so, goes totally unattended because you didn't appreciate the greater threat to democracy.

Democracy is the ultimate priority because if it fails, no other priority can be addressed.

That is why I called the rhetoric in this thread whataboutism. Not because other issues don't matter, but because in this case, they are a partisan distraction from the greater bipartisan problem.
lady3keys
lady3keys
-->
@Greyparrot
A NFL football coach just got fined 100,000 dollars for suggesting BLM riots were more damaging to everyday Americans than Jan 6.

Cancel culture is the sandbox of a Marxist.
You mean the way TFG tried to "cancel" an election he lost by over 7 million votes? Or perhaps you are referring to the way TFG tried to cancel Raffensperger and Kemp, but failed. He is still trying to cancel anyone who goes against him in ANY WAY. He has probably succeeded with Cheney and Kinsinger.

This all sounds more like something Kim Jong-un would do, not an American president. And an assault on our democracy is FAR MORE damaging than a justified riot that did "unjustified" damage to property. 

PRIORITIES people! For God's sake our fair and just democracy, though obviously flawed, IS EVERYTHING. Nothing is more important! Without it, there is no free discussion such as we have on this forum.
lady3keys
lady3keys
-->
@Castin
Democracy is the ultimate priority because if it fails, no other priority can be addressed.

AMEN SISTER! 👍😁👍 Two thumbs up!
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@lady3keys
This all sounds more like something Kim Jong-un would do, not an American president.
I agree. Hiring a professional Hollywood director to gaslight the people into thinking Inflation is not a big deal is most certainly what Kim Jong Un would do to keep power in a country of starving people. Their Jan 6 is a Korean state commission blaming Americans for all the problems in North Korea.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Castin
@lady3keys
The failure of democracy is a symptom of the problems we have today. Not the cause. Same problems Russia and Venezuela have with their Democracies.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Mharman
Why does me remarking that I was surprised mean that I expect you to care what she thinks? Do you even know anyone who cares what Ivanka thinks, left or right?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Castin
Will you insist Democracy is vitally important when the Democrats lose the house in 2022 as is overwhelmingly predicted?

I really hope you will. Though I doubt it. Pressing X for sure.
lady3keys
lady3keys
-->
@ILikePie5
You’d be surprised how many promises he has kept.
Of this I have no doubt. Trump certainly kept many promises he made to the richest amongst us. But the most amazing thing he did was convincing everyday-people to vote against their own financial interests (IMHO).
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@lady3keys
 But the most amazing thing he did was convincing everyday-people to vote against their own financial interests (IMHO).
Cause I guess everyday people really wanted 6 dollar gasoline. Who coulda thought? 

Who convinced all those everyday people to vote for 6 dollar gasoline again?
Castin
Castin
-->
@Greyparrot
The failure of democracy is a symptom of the problems we have today. Not the cause. Same problems Russia and Venezuela have with their Democracies.
I'm well aware that the breakdown of American democracy is a symptom of the entrenched political divisiveness in this country. But a symptom can still kill you. You shouldn't ignore sepsis because it is only a symptom of an injury. Sepsis can take your life long after the wound has been stitched. (Not that the American wound has been stitched. It's fucking geysering blood.)

If you ignore this danger just because it originated from your side of the aisle, we may not have a country for that much longer. You need to stop hiding from this issue just because it triggers your self-defense response.

Will you insist Democracy is vitally important when the Democrats lose the house in 2022 as is overwhelmingly predicted?

I really hope you will. Though I doubt it. Pressing X for sure.
I will go this far: I hereby commit to having more integrity in defeat than the GOP did. Country over party.

I freely admit that I think Democrats will legitimately lose the House this year. It will depress me greatly, but I will not betray democracy over it. That would be a far worse shame than losing a race -- something Trump will never understand.

Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
Imagine being so pathologically partisan and fundamentally brainwashed into thinking that temporary inflation  is more significant than a president or coup trying to overthrow the government and the results of an election in the United States lol. What an unfathomably stupid red herring.  Of course the Trump tards are too dumb and dishonest to acknowledge that the 4 trillion dollars printed out of thin air in 2020 literally had Donald J. Trump's name on them. 

I can't imagine what kind of nerd would sit around and watch the Jan 6 hearings. I guess the people who watch CNN might tune in for a little while but I don't think the goal is to impact elections (even though they should). Everyone knows that Trump supporters would literally sprinkle his dick cheese like parmesan over their spaghetti before ever rejecting him as a legitimate candidate, despite his brazen attempt to support domestic terrorists. "Lol nobody cares." True patriots. 

I'm glad the hearings are being aired though in the sense I hope they assist any other criminal prosecution that's going on against Trump or his cronies. Any politician who willfully conspired to try and overthrow the election and pledged their loyalty to Trump over the constitution should obviously be disqualified from office.  It's a bit gross that this has to be dumbed down and explained to the people that scream "NATION OF LAWS" and "mUh CoNsTiTuTiOn" all the time but deep down they know they're just hypocritical dullards with no scruples. The same people who preach wariness of politicians are the same ones who would milk Trump like a cow if given the opportunity. The hearings will have zero impact because of that. 
lady3keys
lady3keys
-->
@Greyparrot
I agree. Hiring a professional Hollywood director to gaslight the people into thinking Inflation is not a big deal is most certainly what Kim Jong Un would do to keep power in a country of starving people. Their Jan 6 is a Korean state commission blaming Americans for all the problems in North Korea
First of all, that director is famous for his documentaries, not for frivolous films your "Hollywood" adjective implies.

Second, Democrats worst flaw is their inability to communicate in a vivid or charismatic way. They definitely need the help!

That being said, despite their hired director, the Dems stuck to THE FACTS!
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Castin
Why does me remarking that I was surprised mean that I expect you to care what she thinks?
I don't care what you expect or don't expect of me. My point was that it's irrelevant, and I wanted to make that point.

Do you even know anyone who cares what Ivanka thinks, left or right?
Clearly the Democratic Party did since they called her up just to make a big deal about some opinion of hers that was only useful for making headlines.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Danielle
"Lol nobody cares." True patriots. 
Even Democrats that voted for Biden think this is just political theatre to distract from present failures. It's not just the Trumpy bois.

any other criminal prosecution that's going on against Trump or his cronies.
So ironically you support preserving Democracy by allowing the incarceration of political opposition. Brilliant.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
A NFL football coach just got fined 100,000 dollars for suggesting BLM riots were more damaging to everyday Americans than Jan 6.

Cancel culture is the sandbox of a Marxist.
Cause Ron Rivera is a clown. Dude’s a horrible coach. Jack Del Río wayyyyy better imo
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@lady3keys
Of this I have no doubt. Trump certainly kept many promises he made to the richest amongst us. But the most amazing thing he did was convincing everyday-people to vote against their own financial interests (IMHO).
Lol a majority of Americans saw taxes cut because of Trump. Every American saw cheap gas prices and groceries under Trump. “Vote against their own financial interests.” If you’re talking about Biden voters sure
lady3keys
lady3keys
-->
@Danielle
I can't imagine what kind of nerd would sit around and watch the Jan 6 hearings. I guess the people who watch CNN might tune in for a little while but I don't think the goal is to impact elections (even though they should). 
Well, I did. I watched the entire thing last week, but haven't had a chance to watch today's hearings. But then, I freely admit to being a sci-fi and armchair-politician NERD! 🥴😅

And I agree. These hearings are not directly about elections. They are about ACCOUNTABILITY and the future of our democracy. 

What will "WE THE PEOPLE" allow or disallow? What is the price of our inaction upon our democracy (should A.G. Garland choose to do nothing)?

As a nation, we must all decide these things and vote accordingly. The fact that many simply "do not care" is egregious to me. 

You know the apropos paraphrased cliche here -- "All that is necessary for evil to prevail is that good men [people] do nothing."

This is why I care.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Danielle
Imagine being so pathologically partisan and fundamentally brainwashed into thinking that temporary inflation  is more significant than a president or coup trying to overthrow the government and the results of an election in the United States lol. 
Sounds like millions of Americans disagree with you. New York and California elites will tell you inflation is “temporary.” Life is temporary too
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@lady3keys
That being said, despite their hired director, the Dems stuck to THE FACTS!
You mean the facts that cut out Trump telling everyone to go home? Theater. Nothing more.
Double_R
Double_R
4 pages in and not one post from a Trump supporter actually talking about the evidence or explaining why they would vote for him again despite the fact that the man literally tried to overthrow the United States government.

Why am I not surprised?
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Danielle
Imagine being so pathologically partisan and fundamentally brainwashed into thinking that temporary inflation  is more significant than a president or coup trying to overthrow the government and the results of an election in the United States lol. What an unfathomably stupid red herring.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Double_R
4 pages in and not one post from a Trump supporter actually talking about the evidence nor explaining why they would vote for him again despite the fact that the man literally tried to overthrow the United States government.

Why am I not surprised?
Maybe you want to take another look. Cheap gas and groceries :)
Castin
Castin
-->
@Mharman
Why does me remarking that I was surprised mean that I expect you to care what she thinks?
I don't care what you expect or don't expect of me.
I don't care that you don't care that I don't expect you to care. We could even take this to FOUR levels of mutual indifference if you like. Just respond that you don't care that I don't care that you don't care that I don't expect you to care.

This has been such a worthwhile exchange.

My point was that it's irrelevant, and I wanted to make that point.
M'kay.

You have successfully countered the argument that no one here made.

Do you even know anyone who cares what Ivanka thinks, left or right?
Clearly the Democratic Party did since they called her up just to make a big deal about some opinion of hers that was only useful for making headlines.
I was asking if you knew of anyone personally, but yeah, you got me there.
lady3keys
lady3keys
-->
@ILikePie5
Lol a majority of Americans saw taxes cut because of cut. Every American saw cheap gas prices and groceries under Trump. “Vote against their own financial interests.” If you’re talking about Biden voters sure
Nope! I'm talking about people like Jeffrey Bezos and Elon Musk -- and their corporations that have somehow been deemed to have "corporate personhood".
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
They got Blumpf this time. No way he comes out of this.