NFL Mafia [Endgame]

Author: Mharman

Total: 82
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
I think we need a new rule of mafia: SirAnonymous's reads are always wrong.
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@SirAnonymous
This type of setup put me at a huge disadvantage. I'm terrible at reads in any game, so with no investigative roles, I just didn't know what to do.
I think it's kinda helpful so that you can build the intuition ya know?

Also it's really nice to see you again! Been a while
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Speedrace
@badger
@PREZ-HILTON
Congrats. You guys rocked as scum.
Speedrace
Speedrace
Badger HARD scumslipped when he got onto the Earth lynch DP2, it's astonishing he wasn't insta-lynched for that. The only person who sussed it was Danielle and she said she still townread him after it lol
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Speedrace
Probably so, but I've always been a slow learner about reading people.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@SirAnonymous
I think we need a new rule of mafia: SirAnonymous's reads are always wrong.
Lynch who Pie says is a better one 😜
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@ILikePie5
I think your rule is pretty good, but I don't think it's better. I think that if we compare how good your reads are to how bad mine are, mine are more extremely bad than yours are extremely good.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Speedrace
Have to say this is probably the worst I have EVER seen Danielle play as town.
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Greyparrot
Have to say this is probably the worst I have EVER seen Danielle play as town.
She was best townie so far lol she got everyone except badger

WF was also doing very well
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@SirAnonymous
I think your rule is pretty good, but I don't think it's better. I think that if we compare how good your reads are to how bad mine are, mine are more extremely bad than yours are extremely good.
My reads in the past few games have been 90% accurate. Barney was scummy. Far more than Oro was for sure. But no one bothered to join me and Danielle, or someone else (I forgot who) derailed the wagon
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Speedrace
Lol, she read you as town the whole game.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
whatevs.. I knew wylted and speed were scum, I am just bad at convincing, especially when people like Danielle are convinced I am scum all the time.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
Uncrackable theme split esp with the huge fake claim pool.

Unsolvable role split.

Not sure how this was balanced.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
whatevs.. I knew wylted and speed were scum, I am just bad at convincing, especially when people like Danielle are convinced I am scum all the time.
I couldn’t believe you were lynched. Atrocious lynch
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
Sorry I couldn’t stick with the game. My schedule filled up with a new job, and then I had a three day music festival to attend in NYC, so was quite glad a replacement was available.

And no, I had not lurked. I had genuinely been wholly offline.

In previous games my scum tell of over dedication to the game was identified, so I leaned in a little extra against that (not checking in during my lunch or anything like that).
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Barney
I mainly scumread you for not scumhunting
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
Kinda curious what led to me being so scumread in this game. Was it because I was being so forward with my reads? 
badger
Debates: 0
badger
You guys will think I'm tiresome for writing it, but all my insisting Earth was doc and town was in hoping you'd lynch him. It's called psychological reactance: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactance_(psychology)#:~:text=Reactance%20is%20an%20unpleasant%20motivational,limiting%20the%20range%20of%20alternatives. I even threw in drunk and jovial so you'd easier go around me. It's a genuine thing. 
badger
badger
We didn't plan it or anything, but I think Wylted's claim really was godly. Fit perfect with Mhar's roles theme and gave us a hard maths argument for his not being the lynch. I think I did well at spinning shit this game. Barney's not voting oro too, got Danielle with that one. 

GP had the mafia called the entire game. Like hard reads. I'm not sure how difficult it was tbh, but he still nailed it. 
Speedrace
Speedrace
badger destroys town with FACTS and LOGIC
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@MisterChris
Kinda curious what led to me being so scumread in this game. Was it because I was being so forward with my reads? 
Town's just dumb, plus I (scum) planted seeds of you being scum early which probably didn't help you much
badger
badger
-->
@SirAnonymous
We were supposed to RB and Strongman Danielle DP2 because I was certain she was hider but badger convinced me to RB WF instead b/c he was scared WF was an investigative role

Why you telling tales lol. I thought he was blue too just like you. I was just wondering where the fuck the investigative role was. 

Badger HARD scumslipped when he got onto the Earth lynch DP2, it's astonishing he wasn't insta-lynched for that. The only person who sussed it was Danielle and she said she still townread him after it lol
Danielle called it. Personality read. I'm legit anti-town, it's my playstyle lol. I lynched Earth only two games ago after having read him and outed him as obvious JOAT in a similar fashion. 

My big slip this game was asking if no one was really going to claim some sort of report D2 before Sir had posted having hooked Sir. Actually were you informed that you were hooked N1? @Sir

badger
badger
Honestly though I hate playing as mafia. It gets very boring very fast. You always feel yourself leaning into something mean too, like lynching WF and his responses back to me, I couldn't help but apologise. That2 was always kinda the plan for our lynch in final DP too, laying down all sorts of subtle pressures about wrong lynches in preceding DPs and which I might have leaned more into if needed. Her "Finally" post and vote for WF broke my heart a little lol. It's the game though I guess. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@badger

GP had the mafia called the entire game. Like hard reads. I'm not sure how difficult it was tbh, but he still nailed it. 
I am terrible at explaining my oldman's intuition. I got zero traction on my speed read and everyone dismissed my earlier read on wylted.
Had it called on DP2 with post 237 and 247, but nobody is going to listen to a guy everyone thinks is scum. I guess I really messed up bad to make so many people think I was scum.

I kind of just gave up at the point you told me to hammer earth.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@badger
Not to mention, I was just like wtf people I was townreading thought it was a great idea to lynch me cause yeah, so obvious Scum would claim hated on DP1. That happens ALL the time...
badger
badger
-->
@Greyparrot
Had it called on DP2 with post 237 and 247, but nobody is going to listen to a guy everyone thinks is scum. I guess I really messed up bad to make so many people think I was scum.

This game is all about application of pressure. Whether that's making it out real dumb to vote so-and-so, and so even if someone FOSes this so-and-so they'll fear to see the flip. Loss aversion. Or just laying proper claim to the game. Outing reads. Responding to pushes. Being a presence. Town votes go where there's no pushback.

I think you can read a game, which is rare. Your claim was dodgy and you don't post enough. Easy lynch. 
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@badger
No, I wasn't informed. Of course, that's probably because I waived, so you roleblocked nothing.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@badger
I probably would’ve caught you eventually, though the JOAT claim probably would’ve been killer. I also sussed Speed for a bit. 2/3 scum in DP1. I’ll take it lol. No wonder y’all killed me
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@badger
Honestly though I hate playing as mafia. It gets very boring very fast. You always feel yourself leaning into something mean too, like lynching WF and his responses back to me, I couldn't help but apologise. That2 was always kinda the plan for our lynch in final DP too, laying down all sorts of subtle pressures about wrong lynches in preceding DPs and which I might have leaned more into if needed. Her "Finally" post and vote for WF broke my heart a little lol. It's the game though I guess. 
Yeah, I was just finishing typing something when I saw I got hammered. Didn't expect to be able to come back from where we were, but I was hoping that everyone on town would take their time and consider. Guess That2 wasn't patient enough for that, and she sussed me going back to DP2.
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Greyparrot
Lol I never town read Speed. My only regret was not pushing to lynch you DP1 given how utterly useless you were all game.