Why are so many resilient to fact-based truth regarding black criminality?

Author: TWS1405

Total: 427
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
And that carries over to prosecutors.
bingo
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
have you considered running those same statistics specifically for "economic status" ?…Indeed. "Fact-based truth" should include all relevabt facts and not just those which confirm a preferred conclusion.
Fortunately studies have directly compared crime rates by race within economic brackets, and the results make it clear that wealth is not the only thing going on. This was the first article I could find but it’s a finding that’s been replicated multiple times:

“They found that wealthy Black kids were more likely to go to prison than poor white kids. While about 2.7 percent of the poorest white youth ended up in prison, 10 percent of affluent Black youths ultimately went to prison.

The incarceration rate for African Americans in the highest wealth bracket – 2.4 percent – was only slightly less than that for the poorest whites.”

And as fashionable as it is to attribute all disparities to racism, that simply isn’t a credible explanation when the disparity is that large. The crimes people are going away for are crimes that were actually committed, and there aren’t hundreds of thousands of assaults, robberies, or rapes committed by white youth that go unprosecuted. Black people really do commit crimes at highly elevated rates—often 10x as high as whites or hispanics—and the victims are overwhelmingly innocent black people. 

It doesn’t have to be this way. But pretending that these facts aren’t true is no way to go about fixing it
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@thett3
London has Europe’s highest concentration of cocaine in sewage, research shows. Experts said the UK capital was slightly ahead of Amsterdam [**]
thett3
thett3
-->
@bmdrocks21
And just proving that differences in crime rates exist also dispels other media-driven myths such as the instances of police shootings being racially motivated because more than 12% of those shot by cops are black. 
Yes part of the reason liberals create a huge taboo on discussing this stuff is because it makes people way less sympathetic to the liberal narrative. Seeing the national crime victimization report for the first time blew my mind and made me lose pretty much all sympathy I had for the narrative.

We’re supposed to accept that the actions of white racists anywhere from fifty to over a hundred years ago committed against people who are mostly dead left a long lasting scar that still impacts people born half a century later…I actually DO believe that is true to some extent. But we’re also supposed to believe that literally hundreds of thousands of excess violent crimes per year committed against whites that are happening right now are meaningless and don’t have any adverse effect on white people? Those beliefs cannot be held simultaneously. So one has to be suppressed. 
Novice_II
Debates: 98
Novice_II
I would be happy to debate someone on this topic. The resolution I am currently working with is "THBT the majority of current racial disparities in the United States are a result of factors or variables outside of racism." I suspect I could debate Oromagi, Ragnar, or Theweakeredge, as they may confer some form of opposition to my position. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@thett3
thett3
thett3
-->
@Novice_II
Let me know if it happens, I would love to read it 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Novice_II
factors or variables outside of racism
like what ?

"black culture" ?

why not just say "black culture" in the resolution ?
Novice_II
Novice_II
-->
@3RU7AL
I don't really like defining needless sociological categories in debates. I think it's better stated with this because it leaves the debate less open to sematic trolling and general bad-faith behavior from people.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Novice_II
what "other factors" are you going to use as examples ?
TWS1405
Debates: 0
TWS1405
-->
@oromagi
Well, well well... I left a word out. Shame on me. I meant to say LESS than half of the 6% black male population. 
So, I stand corrected on that lack of verbosity. 
Novice_II
Novice_II
-->
@3RU7AL
Probably like you stated, cultural practices, as vast as they are, I just feel like defining them as such in the resolution can create a very obnoxious subset of semantic trolling especially from people on the bad faith left (rational madman, barney, oromagi).
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@3RU7AL
"have you considered running those same statistics specifically for "economic status" ?"

No, I personally have not. Studies have already been done regarding same. Regardless, outside of the black athletes well known for their criminality (DV, drugs and occasionally murder), black professionals (i.e., law abiding) - excluding politicians - just do not rank among the actual criminal element that arises directly from the 72% out of wedlock birth rates for that segment of the black population that causes the home to prison pipeline.

"In fact, 72 percent of adolescents charged with murder grew up without their father (Characteristics of Adolescents Charged with Homicide, 1987)."

Old stat, but ever more true present day. 
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@thett3
But we’re also supposed to believe that literally hundreds of thousands of excess violent crimes per year committed against whites that are happening right now are meaningless and don’t have any adverse effect on white people? 
It applies to every issue they supposedly care about. There are numerous stories of police killing white civilians with little reason to them. Like Daniel Shaver, who was killed while crawling on all fours, crying, and begging officers not to shoot him.

The issue isn’t police violence against civilians, it is police violence against anyone but whitey that’s the problem

Yet somehow nobody remembers him while we immortalize deadbeats like Floyd and wannabe murderers like Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin.

It’s really all so tiresome. We can’t just live in a country that imposes personal responsibilities on everyone and who cares about all crime. It has to be segmented by an arbitrary victim class before it is considered newsworthy and if it is a valid concern.

Seeing the national crime victimization report for the first time blew my mind and made me lose pretty much all sympathy I had for the narrative.
They’re really banking on nobody finding out. That’s why they’re stopping the FBI crime report. If you lie to people long enough and they figure out the truth, you’ll lose all of their trust.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@thett3
Liberals fell into unrequited love with black people starting in the 60s, and it’s only intensified since.
Christians have been loving people of all kinds starting with the Sermon on the Mount.  I'm ok with people loving their neighbors.

such as the average black person being 45-50x more likely to attack a white person than vice versa, or
The 2019 NCVS estimates:

"Based on victims’ perceptions, about 1.7 million violent incidents in 2019 were committed against white persons by offenders who were white, 346,260 violent incidents were committed against black persons by offenders who were black, and 334,600 violent incidents were committed against Hispanic persons by offenders who were Hispanic. There were 5.3 times as many violent incidents committed by black offenders against white victims (472,570) as were committed by white offenders against black victims (89,980).

But your estimate is 10 times the Dept of Justice's estimate.  Where is you stat coming from?

black women having a higher homicide rate than white men. 
I can't tell whether you mean rate of offense, victimization, or both and I don't find that breakdown in NCVS or UCR.
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@Reece101
The left tends to be skeptical of laymen who are fixated on negative statistics of minority groups.
Ah, but I am no layman; and the only thing I am fixated on is the truth. 

What are your solutions to these problems? Preferably not of the Hitler type.
By imposing upon them the same they would impose upon law enforcement and the white population: transparency, personal responsibility and accountability. And that first begins by getting them to take the first step in finding solutions that work for them, and that first step is by admitting that there is a problem. 

TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@SkepticalOne
That cuts both ways. OP and those who banned him are both innocent until proven guilty. It is fair to say we do not know if OP's ban from multiple sites was justified or not. 
Again, I have no reason to lie and the fact that I was banned demonstrates a measure of their guilt. Making false allegations claiming I violated their policies on hate speech and symbols by merely citing fact-based data sources, to include research by some MSM sources, is a testament to their denialism of said truth. And out of that denialism came my permanent suspension. 

Posting fact-based truth is NOT a violation of the terms of service, but they railroaded me with said violation(s) anyways. 
Danielle
Danielle
Nearly every single day there is a video posted online across various social media platforms of some black person acting a fool,
lol 
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@3RU7AL
@Novice_II
factors or variables outside of racism
like what ?

"black culture" ?

why not just say "black culture" in the resolution ?

Yup. 

SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@TWS1405
Again, I have no reason to lie and the fact that I was banned demonstrates a measure of their guilt.
You DO have reason to lie if you did what they said and you don't want to be condemned ir held accountable for it. Also, your ban does not speak to anyone's else's guilt. That is a non-sequitor. 

Posting fact-based truth is NOT a violation of the terms of service,
Yes, but is that what you did? If you are using cherry-picked data to draw a broad conclusion that dark-skinned peoples are inferior in some way, you're not posting 'fact-based truth' and youre likely violating most TOS.
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@Danielle
lol
Helps if you include the entirety of the statement to give it proper context. Otherwise, you're just being disingenuous. 

This is a more recent example, but there are plenty more to be found.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TWS1405
out of wedlock birth
which will likely skyrocket with the new anti-abortion laws in place
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@SkepticalOne
You DO have reason to lie if you did what they said and you don't want to be condemned ir held accountable for it. Also, your ban does not speak to anyone's else's guilt. That is a non-sequitor. 
No, I do not have any reason to lie. You will need to substantiate that claim if you're going to continue insinuating I am a liar. 

If the left platform doesn't want to be exposed for abusing their own terms of service by making fallacious claims that a user violated them all because they cannot handle the truth, then it is they who are the guilty ones for lying to get their way. So no, it's not a non sequitur fallacy.  

Yes, but is that what you did? If you are using cherry-picked data to draw a broad conclusion that dark-skinned peoples are inferior in some way, you're not posting 'fact-based truth' and youre likely violating most TOS.

For the record, I possess two legal degrees. One in Paralegal and the other in Criminology and Criminal Justice. I have worked in federal law enforcement. I have worked under a County Sheriff as the first civilian hire to do all the background checks on potential county hires. I have also worked for a County DA's Office as well backing up the Office Manager, two Felony DDAs, two Misdemeanor DDAs and the Jury Coordinator. I am an excellent researcher/investigator. I know my facts. And I never post anything anywhere that I cannot back up with facts. I do NOT cherry pick data. I do not draw broad conclusions either. And nowhere have I made any asserted claim or stated position that "dark-skinned people are inferior in some way" either. That's a false assumption on your part. Talk about drawing subjective conclusions. 
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@3RU7AL
out of wedlock birth
which will likely skyrocket with the new anti-abortion laws in place
Indeed. 

Danielle
Danielle
-->
@bmdrocks21
The issue isn’t police violence against civilians, it is police violence against anyone but whitey that’s the problem
Oh please. When have you or conservatives generally ever taken a stand for white people being victimized by cops?  Stop pretending that you give a shit about ANYONE being killed or harassed by police just because you're tired of hearing black people complain about it. Ya'll lick boots like nobody's business. 

Yet somehow nobody remembers him while we immortalize deadbeats like Floyd and wannabe murderers like Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin.
Trayvon Martin was a 17 year old kid walking home with Skittles that led to his being harassed and killed -- but you're describing him as a wannabe murderer? Is there a reason other than being a racist piece of shit that you would presume Trayvon Martin had an interest in killing people? 

Look people aren't glorifying the lives of Mike Brown and George Floyd because they want to commemorate their criminal behavior. Instead they are trying to humanize victims of police that they believe are needlessly killed. Just because someone is a criminal or piece of shit person doesn't mean the state has carte blanche to murder them. There's this little thing we have in the United States called DUE PROCESS, and when cops kill people unnecessarily (especially if they're unarmed) it should draw scrutiny and backlash to ensure we're holding law enforcement accountable to the standards and rights that we are all afforded in this country. Cops have more rights than regular citizens and should be held to a higher standard when it comes to violence by government actors. That doesn't mean they should be vilified in every instance of aggression, but they should welcome all scrutiny and investigation as should anyone that cares about the law and our constitutional rights. It seems odd that the "pro life" crowd would be so hostile to society wanting to make sure people aren't being unjustly killed. 

Danielle
Danielle
-->
@TWS1405
Helps if you include the entirety of the statement to give it proper context. Otherwise, you're just being disingenuous. 
Oh I was laughing because it was just such a stupid and useless comment to make. Who cares if you can find examples of black people "acting a fool" online? What is that supposed to prove? You can find examples of anyone from [insert group here] acting a fool. 

I'm curious though - when you say leftists "deny data that clearly demonstrates that black Americans . . . commit over 50% of the entire nation's murders and non-negligent manslaughters" along with other violent crimes, what exactly are those people saying in response to the statistics? Are they challenging the numbers? 
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@thett3
We’re supposed to accept that the actions of white racists anywhere from fifty to over a hundred years ago committed against people who are mostly dead left a long lasting scar that still impacts people born half a century later…I actually DO believe that is true to some extent.
It is. And it's not just about a scar per se; it's about discrepancies that led to racial disparities in financial and social status for years to come. Cultural too. 

But we’re also supposed to believe that literally hundreds of thousands of excess violent crimes per year committed against whites that are happening right now are meaningless and don’t have any adverse effect on white people? Those beliefs cannot be held simultaneously. So one has to be suppressed. 

Lol and it just so happens that you choose to accept the belief that victimizes white people instead of black people - what a surprise.

Who says crimes against white people are "meaningless" and have no adverse effect though? I've never heard that. But the reason the situations are not remotely analogous is because black people were specifically discriminated against and the victims of racism from society at large. White people aren't being oppressed by black people, and the idea that black people are wantonly attacking white people in some sort of quiet race war is an untruthful and damaging narrative. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Danielle
Look people aren't glorifying the lives of Mike Brown and George Floyd because they want to commemorate their criminal behavior.
not to mention

selling loose cigarettes on the street should not be a death-sentence

failure to signal a turn should not be a death-sentence

who cares how many crimes these people committed

that's completely missing the point

it is not the job of the police to kill people

and they certainly shouldn't ever SHOOT PEOPLE IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD

we're not living in a world where the police are expected to simply kill anyone they see committing a crime

guilty, sure, but not anywhere close to the level that justifies permanent injury or death

even the guilty still have a right to a TRIAL
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@thett3
@Novice_II
"THBT the majority of current racial disparities in the United States are a result of factors or variables outside of racism."
I feel like it's obvious that racism and bigotry are the root of many disparities in the U.S. I mean tell me that our immigration laws haven't been bigoted bullshit from the moment we went from a century of open borders to a ban on Chinese women in 1875, right up through the quotas and Muslim Bans of yesteryear. Tell me that our drug laws -- and criminal justice system in general -- were not built around a desire to spite the Others and "protect" WASP society from their participation in it. Tell me our foreign policy of endless illegal occupations and wars and apartheid in majority black and brown countries isn't bigoted. Tell me there's not an entire political party right now whose entire electoral strategy is to make it harder for black people to vote, so they might actually win a popular vote more than once every 30 years. Tell me a country founded by white supremacists, one that practiced the most evil institution of slavery for centuries, can simply snap its fingers and make all of that go away. I mean if you can't tell me these things, then what basis do you have for chiding the idea that bigotry plays a significant role?  What if it really does explain a great deal about why things are the way they are?

Please link me to the debate also if it ever happens. 

TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@Danielle
Oh I was laughing because it was just such a stupid and useless comment to make. Who cares if you can find examples of black people "acting a fool" online? What is that supposed to prove? You can find examples of anyone from [insert group here] acting a fool. 

Clearly the point flew over your head. A point that Tatum made crystal clear in the video I cited. A video you neglected to even watch. Hmmm... 

I'm curious though - when you say leftists "deny data that clearly demonstrates that black Americans . . . commit over 50% of the entire nation's murders and non-negligent manslaughters" along with other violent crimes, what exactly are those people saying in response to the statistics? Are they challenging the numbers? 
Nope. No challenge. What do they say in response? I will tell you. It is the same across the board.

"You're a racist."

That's it. That is their rebuttal.  Just like you did here in response to another commentor. 

"Trayvon Martin was a 17 year old kid walking home with Skittles that led to his being harassed and killed -- but you're describing him as a wannabe murderer? Is there a reason other than being a racist piece of shit that you would presume Trayvon Martin had an interest in killing people? "

For the few that try to rebut my position with cited FBI UCR, DOJ, BOJS, NCVS, et al they come back with erroneous claims that whites commit more crimes because there are more whites, yadda yadda yadda. Like everyone else, they absolutely fail to grasp the reality of proportionality among the statistics.