Why are so many resilient to fact-based truth regarding black criminality?

Author: TWS1405

Total: 427
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@badger
It's inter-connected. Psychology, environment, genes, etc. Scientists today even believe that your genes can change within a lifetime thanks to your behavior. Genes IS the psychology and environment.
badger
Debates: 0
badger
The fact of the black man is that he was a slave 100 years ago now freed into a land entirely owned by the white man, and they had a war about it, to beg pittance for his own and of his ancestors' labour and plenty of racist fucks still about. I'd shoot a motherfucker too.
badger
badger
Must be genes. 
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Dr.Franklin
It's why poverty doesn't have an effect on black violence. The richest blacks commit more crime than the poorest whites.
The countries with the ten highest crime rates, expressed in per 100,000 people, globally are:

1. Venezuela (83.76)
  2. Papua New Guinea (80.79)
  3. South Africa (76.86)
  4. Afghanistan (76.31)
  5. Honduras (74.54)
  6. Trinidad and Tobago (71.63)
  7. Guyana (68.74)
  8. El Salvador (67.79)
  9. Brazil (67.49)
  10. Jamaica (67.42)
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@badger
Must be genes. 
Between 1982 and July 2022, 70 out of the 132 mass shootings in the United States were carried out by white shooters. By comparison, the perpetrator was African American in 21 mass shootings, and Latino in 11. When calculated as percentages, this amounts to 53 percent, 16 percent, and eight percent respectively.

badger
badger
-->
@3RU7AL
Are they the criminal enterprise sort of mass shootings in the case of black people?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ILikePie5
please give specific examples of overfunded schools performing below average

obviously not all the money is EVENLY DISTRIBUTED
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@badger
Are they the criminal enterprise sort of mass shootings in the case of black people?
looks like pretty standard lone gunman stuff,

badger
badger
-->
@thett3
dissolve before my eyes in favor of pizza and Netflix 
I got an Italian girlfriend atm and she might honestly be the one. I am eating like a king. 

We all rub off on each other, but our traditions are strong, thett. Honestly Americans are just a little bit obnoxious lol. 
badger
badger
-->
@3RU7AL
That's pretty damn surprising. I would have thought that took a white man's feelings of isolation. 
badger
badger
I mean that article right there says numbers are low. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ILikePie5
Proper funding is one component of education that leads to better academic performance, but it is not the defining metric. You cannot simply assume that more money per student means better performance.

Consider a district that is in decline. In such a district, people move away to go to better school districts. This causes the number of students remaining in the district to decrease. This artificially and temporarily inflates the cost per student since there are fewer students. That happens until teachers get laid off and staffing expenses are lowered to compensate for the lost tax revenue. The point is that one set of metrics alone cannot tell the whole story.

Data shows that top-performing states spend more per student than low-performing states

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@3RU7AL
none of those countries are white
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Dr.Franklin
none of those countries are white
not all of them are black either
rbelivb
Debates: 1
rbelivb
-->
@TWS1405
It has less to do with poverty and more to do with fatherlessness, lack of a proper upbringing by the single parent, lack of discipline, and lack of the sense and importance of taking personal responsibility and accountability for their choices and actions. 
You seem to be making a lot of abstract moralistic statements without outlining what the cause is, or what the solution would be.

In my view such terms like "personal responsibility" are heavily codified with assumptions and baggage. The fact is that these communities have been denied rights and wealth - what you are basically saying is that they lack enthusiasm to play someone else's game. Implicitly you are denying the validity of black culture, and thereby denying the full personhood of the black community.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@rbelivb
You seem to be making a lot of abstract moralistic statements without outlining what the cause is, or what the solution would be.

In my view such terms like "personal responsibility" are heavily codified with assumptions and baggage. The fact is that these communities have been denied rights and wealth - what you are basically saying is that they lack enthusiasm to play someone else's game. Implicitly you are denying the validity of black culture, and thereby denying the full personhood of the black community.
well stated
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@3RU7AL
true, 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I am from Germany, I traveled to Venezuela many times, the majority of the population looked Caucasian, in fact the people that you call "mestizo" looked 100% percent European, I think you consider a person "mestizo" for only having 10% percent of other race which it does not make sense because they are still European, I mean Europeans are mixed as well, we have 10%/5% from other countries so I do not understand the point of view that you are saying, clearly white is a majority in Venezuelans.

White Venezuelans - 43.6%

Mestizo Venezuelans - 51.6%

Black Venezuelans - 3.5%

Indigenous Venezuelans - 2.5%

If you combine the population that would pass for "white" in the united states, you get 95.2%
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@3RU7AL
No, Venezuelans do not "pass" as white. That is not a thing, you are either white or you are not.

If you combine the population that would pass for "white" in the united states, you get 95.2%

LMAO no you fucking don't. America is 57% white.
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@thett3
Change a few words and it sounds like an article posted in a southern newspaper in the 1950s responding to criticism of segregation and lynchings.

Actually not really; for it to be the type of thing you would expect from a southern newspaper writing about segregation and lynching, one must read it as making excuses for or trying to justify individual actions and behaviour. IE: these things are okay, because they were caused by x. Given that I am clearly and unambiguously not making any excuses or laying justification for anything, nor can anything I said be interpreted as condoning or justifying any individual actions - reading it that way, or attempting to read it that way is not an honest interpretation of my post.

Perhaps, like many others on the right - you are implicitly conflating attempts to understand underlying factors that drive human behaviour, with some demand that individuals engage in particular behaviour not be accountable for it, or that suggesting that external factors play a part in the trends of choices people make mean that when someone makes a choice, that choice is somehow okay, or justified, I’ve seen this constantly for the last 25 years - and it still gets me how silly this line of thought is.

We can indeed paraphrase my post talking about the southern white racists of the 1950s:

What caused tolerance for segregation and lynchings - racism; should we dismiss all southern whites and say OmG SoUtHeRn WhItEs ArE jUsT RaCiSt; should we start threads that blame southern whites as just being bad people - that southern conservatives won’t acknowledge their racism, that they. don’t teach their kids right, and are racist because they’re inferior to northern white and their racism cannot be changed or helped? Of course not. Various socio-economic, and socio-political factors led to southern whites oppressing others, and generally holding those views it’s not an inherent trait of southern whites, but a product many factors that drove white behaviour.

It’s best to understand the root causes of social issues, because otherwise any suggested policy necessarily treats symptoms and not causes.

Does identifying the underlying cause of southern white behaviour in the 50s excuse or justify their actions? Does it absolve white murders and lynchings? Does it mean segregation was not something that was bad, or was justifiable? No; of course not - and you would have to dishonestly read into the post to take that from it.

Likewise - does understanding the cause of racial disparities in violent crime justify violent criminals, excuse their actions or otherwise require criminals and murders to be viewed sympathetically in some way - no. Of course not.

The reality - yeah; you can absolutely use this exact same post to explain that the existence of extreme white racism in the south was not because southern whites were at the genetic or biological level inherently racist compared to some other group; and that those underlying issues and factors must be corrected in order to correct the ultimate group behaviour that results.

That’s not really an unreasonable statement; and it’s absolutely not a statement that excuses the individuals that were racist, nor the actions they committed. In the same way that nothing about being honest about root causes (rather than fixating only on one level to satisfy one’s own biases or preferred prejudice) requires you to be okay with violence, or murder, or to excuse individual actions that those root causes lead to.

So in actuality when you apply my post and logic to southern racism, segregation and lynching - it’s actually rather a reasonable interpretation - provided you don’t decide to pretend or act as if I am attempting to justify or excuse the group behaviours that can be explained through external factors when I am clearly not.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Dr.Franklin
you are either white or you are not.
in the united states, north african and jewish people are officially categorized as "white, non-hispanic"
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
-->
@Ramshutu
Perhaps, like many others on the right - you are implicitly conflating attempts to understand underlying factors that drive human behaviour, with some demand that individuals engage in particular behaviour not be accountable for it, or that suggesting that external factors play a part in the trends of choices people make mean that when someone makes a choice, that choice is somehow okay, or justified, I’ve seen this constantly for the last 25 years - and it still gets me how silly this line of thought is.
What’s silly is pretending like “attempts to understand underlying factors that drive human behavior” that happen only in response to someone criticizing said behavior is anything other than trying to explain it away. I know for a fact that you wouldn’t handwave away the moral culpability poor southern whites in the 1950s had in oppressing black people because their behavior may have had some external factors. I mean you’re a determinist lol so everything in your view is ultimately “input —-> output.” If the “input” in response to bad behavior is not “this behavior is bad, it must stop, you’re a bad person for doing it, it will be stopped by physical force if necessary” but instead “well it’s bad but it isn’t really your fault”…good luck. I’m sure articles like my parody of your post totally would’ve gotten the South to change their ways 

When you post several pages of text that all amount to “here why it isn’t actually criminals fault that they do the things they do” you are making an argument for how the behavior, if not justifiable, is the fault of someone else and therefore not morally blameworthy. It’s clear that like most liberals you hold black people to a much lower standard than you do white people 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@3RU7AL
which is stupid because neither groups are white, nor identify as white. In fact one of those groups go out of their way to hate whites
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@3RU7AL
please give specific examples of overfunded schools performing below average

obviously not all the money is EVENLY DISTRIBUTED

It’s an average genius. Learn how statistics work.

Proper funding is one component of education that leads to better academic performance, but it is not the defining metric. You cannot simply assume that more money per student means better performance.
I don’t. I’m saying that’s how politicans are currently  approaching the problem, when it’s fundamentally flawed.

Consider a district that is in decline. In such a district, people move away to go to better school districts. This causes the number of students remaining in the district to decrease. This artificially and temporarily inflates the cost per student since there are fewer students. That happens until teachers get laid off and staffing expenses are lowered to compensate for the lost tax revenue. The point is that one set of metrics alone cannot tell the whole story.
The opposite is also true, hence why people take averages. You have to demonstrate that there’s a fundamental skew to one side of the spectrum, which you have not.

Data shows that top-performing states spend more per student than low-performing states

Once again, irrelevant. I am comparing the US as a whole to other countries as a whole. Not to mention cultural origins play a significant part, especially in Asian American areas in California and New Jersey
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@thett3
If you’re just going to simply repeat the completely and utter systematic misrepresentation of my original post, after I have explicitly corrected you on what my post actually meant, there’s not much more I’m able to say.

If you actually read my post, or my follow up; there is no point, at all, in any way shape or form where I justified, excused or suggested criminals aren’t at fault.

Such an absurd misrepresentation is simply something you invented, and as you’re attacking the misrepresentation renders it a straw-man.

This interpretation isn’t based on anything I said; but your own interpretation based upon some unwillingness to be able to tell the difference between “group behaviours generally have socioeconomic causes” with “people who engage in those behaviours are not morally culpable”

This is of course nonsense. They are two completely different and largely unrelated concepts.

If you happened to chose to actually read my post, or it’s follow up; instead of leaping to wild conclusions and assuming I’m saying something completely different to what I actually said; you should recognize that the main theme of my posts can be summarized as followed:

When analyzing behaviours of groups, with a view to understanding trends - it’s not valid to leap to the assumption those groups trends are caused exclusively or primarily by innate properties of the group themselves - as opposed to wider socio-economic conditions they are exposed to.

When the innate proprieties of racial groups are asserted as causal factors for group trends, this is often not something based in fact or data - but cherry picked narrow interpretation used to justify one’s own biases - and if used to make value judgements on the basis of race,  that whites are better than blacks because blacks have innate criminality, and should be treated accordingly  - it is thinly veiled white supremacy.

If we want to try to correct or limit those behaviours; we have to understand the underlying socioeconomic causes of them - otherwise we’re dealing only with symptoms.

Nothing about any of that makes any moral justification or excuses any behaviour of any individual engaging in this behaviour at all.

This is simply, again, your own grotesque misrepresentation of literally everything I’ve said.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Dr.Franklin
White Venezuelans - 43.6%
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Dr.Franklin
which is stupid because neither groups are white, nor identify as white. In fact one of those groups go out of their way to hate whites
then you need to revise your "57%" estimate
thett3
thett3
-->
@Ramshutu
So to be clear 

It’s 1955. An article recently came out criticizing southern white culture for segregation/oppression/lynchings etc. The below is submitted as a letter to an editor. You’ll tell me with a straight face that this doesn’t sound like someone who is, at the very least, incredibly sympathetic to southern whites and wants to explain away their bad behavior, and castigate people criticizing said behavior as bigoted towards them?  This is just a good faith response from someone with an interest in being fair to all parties who has no agenda?

“I don't believe I've seen anyone prominent - no one outside the odd "Lost Cause" crazy - that has materially objected to the subjugation and violent crime committed by southern whites against black people.

What is largely objected to, reasonably, is the inherently subtle, and occasionally not-so subtly implication you’re making - why is the white southern crime rate higher than the white northern crime rate. 

One can either attribute that to some as yet unknown racial or genetic factors - that whites in the north are somehow “better” than whites in the south- that they’re just bad parents, don’t discipline their kids, that white southerners are just bad at stuff, and because they’re white southerners, they’re more likely to murder, oppress others - etc. This, depending on what action you wish to take on is just thinly veiled bigotry, and in cases were you just openly denigrate an ethnic group for being inherently bad at some current social measure than northern whites that veil is largely lifted entirely. Indeed, terminating your superficial search for why’s at behaviour you can attribute to the nature of the individuals themselves without looking any deeper is often used as pretence to oppress people and to justify open bigotry.

Alternatively you can attribute it to complex sociopolitical factors; many of which have historical economic components. For example things like, say, the social impact of the reconstruction and the destruction of the southern economy - caused in part due to overzealous northern prosecution of the war and historical and modern day tariffs, poverty that resulted in the collapse of family structure in many poor white southern communities; which in turn can fuel crime and race hatred - as abuse, poor parenting, and broken families are one of the most substantial correlates with crime in the us.

Group behavioural trends are the incredibly complex interaction of innumerable factors, with genetics being a largely minor player in the churning mix. Add into this generational impact of various sociopolitical factors: if parents are exposed to some negative impact, it may impact their children, who can then impact their children - and on and on.

It’s almost impossible to draw causal conclusions from correlating this data - especially given the glut of data from a variety of locales and times that indicate the wild variability of murder and violent crime rates sliced across everything.”

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ILikePie5
Once again, irrelevant. I am comparing the US as a whole to other countries as a whole.
find some specific examples

of specific schools

that are overfunded

and have lower performance
thett3
thett3
-->
@Ramshutu
When the innate proprieties of racial groups are asserted as causal factors for group trends, this is often not something based in fact or data - but cherry picked narrow interpretation used to justify one’s own biases - and if used to make value judgements on the basis of race,  that whites are better than blacks because blacks have innate criminality, and should be treated accordingly  - it is thinly veiled white supremacy.
But the OP didn’t say that—you just assumed that he thinks that. He’s actually said the opposite in this thread, that he thinks it’s a cultural problem. Immediately assuming that someone else thinks racial differences in crime rates are due to genetic reasons the moment they point them out reveals the biases in YOUR  thinking not the OP