Author: badger

Total: 78
badger
Debates: 0
badger
RationalMadman
Debates: 562
RationalMadman
She reigned longer than any have or potentiallly will, it is what it is.

I am a Harry fan, I will leave it at that. Bloodline supremacy is a toxic idea to force a whole nation to adhere to.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@badger
holy jeezus why does anyone care about this
badger
badger
-->
@3RU7AL
She's been there forever. Part of the furniture I guess. Kinda like you are here. I rarely read your posts. When I do, I don't think much of them. Actually if I were to pick one of you to die, it'd be you, but I'd prefer you both lived forever. Or something. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@badger
She's been there forever. Part of the furniture I guess. Kinda like you are here. I rarely read your posts. When I do, I don't think much of them. Actually if I were to pick one of you to die, it'd be you, but I'd prefer you both lived forever. Or something. 
seriously, what policy impact is this going to have ?
Shila
Shila
-->
@3RU7AL
--> @badger
seriously, what policy impact is this going to have ?
If King Charles screws up. The monarchy will be damaged beyond repair.
Just look at the damage Harry and Meghan have caused.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Shila
Damage as in not supporting bloodline supremacy?
Shila
Shila
--> @Shila
RationalMadman: Damage as in not supporting bloodline supremacy?
It has more to do with showing an ignorance of British history and colonial supremacy. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Shila
the royal family are literally the most expensive welfare family in history

they are merely ornamental

they have no place in government

their jewels should be auctioned off and their assets seized by the state

because what they "own" is property of the british people
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@3RU7AL
Not to mention, satan-worshipping usurpers.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@3RU7AL
Be careful, you went a step too far, you can be detained for treason if you ever set foot in UK after going as far to encourage an actual coup.
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
May she rest in peace.

That woman wasn't just the Queen of the UK. She was a relic from an older time. Not an actual veteran, but somebody who partook in the civic struggle against Nazi aggression during WWII. Somebody who, frankly, by all reason shouldn't have still been around in 2022.
A pointless legacy institution was given a face that people know and love. I suspect that because of her, the British monarchy will last longer than it otherwise would've. And so will the essence of what makes Britain British.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
If we can just run a pawn to the other side.   
We can get the Queen back can't we? 
I'm sure thats how it works. 
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi

Oh, take me back to dear old Blighty
Put me on the train for London Town
Take me anywhere
Drop me anywhere
In Liverpool, Leeds or Birmingham
But I don't care
I should like to see—
I don't bless them

(Farewell) To this land's cheerless marshes
Hemmed in like a boar between archers
Her very Lowness with her head in a sling
I'm truly sorry, but it sounds like a wonderful thing
I say, "Charles, don't you ever crave
To appear on the front of the Daily Mail
Dressed in your mother's bridal veil?
(Oh, oh-oh, oh)

And so I checked all the registered historical facts
And I was shocked into shame to discover
How I'm the 18th pale descendent
Of some old queen or other

Oh, has the world changed or have I changed?
Oh, has the world changed or have I changed?

Some nine year old tough who peddles drugs
I swear to God, I swear I never even knew what drugs were
(Oh, oh-oh, oh)

[
So I broke into the Palace
With a sponge and a rusty spanner
She said, "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
I said, "That's nothing, you should hear me play piano"
We can go for a walk where it's quiet and dry
And talk about precious things
But when you are tied to your mother's apron
No-one talks about castration
(Oh, oh-oh)

[Verse 4]
Like love and law and poverty, oh, oh
(These are the things that kill me)
But the rain that flattens my hair, oh
(These are the things that kill me)
All their lies about makeup and long hair, are still there

Past the pub that saps your body
And the church who'll snatch your money
The Queen is dead, boys
And it's so lonely on a limb

Pass the pub that wrecks your body
And the church, all they want is your money
The Queen is dead, boys
And it's so lonely on a limb

Life is very long when you're lonely

Shila
Shila
-->
@Swagnarok
May she rest in peace.

That woman wasn't just the Queen of the UK. She was a relic from an older time. Not an actual veteran, but somebody who partook in the civic struggle against Nazi aggression during WWII. Somebody who, frankly, by all reason shouldn't have still been around in 2022.
A pointless legacy institution was given a face that people know and love. I suspect that because of her, the British monarchy will last longer than it otherwise would've. And so will the essence of what makes Britain British.
Australia's new government is seeking to remove the Queen as its head of state after being bound to Great Britain for over 200 years.

Officials in at least six countries in the Caribbean where Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II is head of state have signaled they intend to remove the monarch as their sovereign. These countries follow Barbados, which removed the queen as its head of state to become the region’s newest republic in November 2021.

A Scottish republic, with an elected head of state 69% · Maintain the Queen, but remove the monarchy when her reign ends

The writing is on the wall. 
Elliott
Elliott
-->
@Shila
Harry and Meghan have done nothing to deserve the condemnation they have received and that has been driven by the gutter press, particularly the Sun.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Elliott
-> @Shila
Harry and Meghan have done nothing to deserve the condemnation they have received and that has been driven by the gutter press, particularly the Sun.
They were on the Oprah Show airing their grievances.

Elliott
Elliott
-->
@Shila
They had been attacked and maligned by the press long before that interview. When you read some of the remarks in the comments section of these newspapers, the language used is of a kind normally reserved for serial killers.
Elliott
Elliott
-->
@3RU7AL

they are merely ornamental

they have no place in government

their jewels should be auctioned off and their assets seized by the state

because what they "own" is property of the british people
They are not poor but most of what they have belongs to “The Crown,” which is a term used to represent the legal position of Monarch as head of state, rather than personally or as an individual. So all the stuff like the palaces and the jewels actually belong to the state.

Shila
Shila
-->
@Elliott
--> @Shila
They had been attacked and maligned by the press long before that interview. When you read some of the remarks in the comments section of these newspapers, the language used is of a kind normally reserved for serial killers.
Obviously they were not serial killers. They were not even in the country when the Queen died.

Charles is finally King. He doesn’t need help to embarrass the monarchy.

Elliott
Elliott
-->
@Shila
Obviously they were not serial killers. They were not even in the country when the Queen died.

Charles is finally King. He doesn’t need help to embarrass the monarchy.
I said that the language used to attack them was of a kind normally reserved for serial killers, not that they were serial killers.

They were in the country when the Queen died and will remain here until after the funeral.

So far Charles seems to be doing a good job and from the reaction of the crowds he appears to be well liked.

Shila
Shila
-->
@Elliott
I said that the language used to attack them was of a kind normally reserved for serial killers, not that they were serial killers.
They were portrayed as serial killers.
You said it your self, “I said that the language used to attack them was of a kind normally reserved for serial killers.”

They were in the country when the Queen died and will remain here until after the funeral.
Harry was the last to arrive at  Balmoral and first to leave for London the next day. They cannot associate the Queens death with Harry. 

So far Charles seems to be doing a good job and from the reaction of the crowds he appears to be well liked.
Wait till Australia, Scotland and the Caribbean islands break away ties from the monarchy after queen's death.
Elliott
Elliott
-->
@Shila
You said it your self, “I said that the language used to attack them was of a kind normally reserved for serial killers.”

Harry was the last to arrive at  Balmoral and first to leave for London the next day. They cannot associate the Queens death with Harry. 

Wait till Australia, Scotland and the Caribbean islands break away ties from the monarchy after queen's death.
Okay, total communication breakdown, I give up.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Shila
does anyone remember the massacres of citizens in india ?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Elliott
They are not poor but most of what they have belongs to “The Crown,” which is a term used to represent the legal position of Monarch as head of state, rather than personally or as an individual. So all the stuff like the palaces and the jewels actually belong to the state.
and should be auctioned off and given to THE PEOPLE or at least made available for PUBLIC USE
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@badger
holy jeezus why does anyone care about this
Elliott
Elliott
-->
@3RU7AL
and should be auctioned off and given to THE PEOPLE or at least made available for PUBLIC USE
I think there would be huge public objection to selling them off as they are seen as part of our heritage. Their estimated value is 4 Billion which is far less than the money we wasted on our two silly aircraft carriers.

Although if we were to sell them off I’m sure Donald Trump would love the Imperial State Crown to wear.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Elliott
the sticker price of the assets doesn't include the SAVINGS of all the maintenance and upkeep expenses

many old estates can't afford these fees and are forced to sell and or fall into disrepair
Elliott
Elliott
-->
@3RU7AL
the sticker price of the assets doesn't include the SAVINGS of all the maintenance and upkeep expenses

many old estates can't afford these fees and are forced to sell and or fall into disrepair

Many of the old estates have been opened up to the public and their owners charge an admission fee to pay for upkeep and maintenance.

Some estates have been handed over to organisations like English Heritage and the National Trust, they are funded by charging admission fees, grants from the National Lottery and as many of these old houses are of historic interest there are also government grants.

Visiting old stately homes and castles is something I enjoy.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Elliott
Many of the old estates have been opened up to the public and their owners charge an admission fee to pay for upkeep and maintenance.
this should be done with all royal assets