debate.org vs dart

Author: Vici

Total: 80
Vici
Debates: 11
Vici
two questions

who would win? If we take the best debaters (not the noob snipers like orosadmi), and put them against the best of ddo, which would win? Which has higher quality minds? 

second, why don't some of the DDO people call back to this cite the OG's?? I know a lot of people here have contact through discord and google messengers, so to actually make this ddo vs dart thing real, we can actually start a face off of this sort if we call them back. it will 1. bring a bunch of activity and also be a huge event. 

RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
This is a callout thread and also there are debaters like Whiteflame and Barney who would need to represent both and that makes no sense.

Furthermore, Oromagi would make the DART team based on any metric.
Vici
Vici
-->
@RationalMadman
there are debaters like Whiteflame and Barney who would need to represent both and that makes no sense.
well we can take the best of dart and the best of ddo and make them face off. If someone is on both then that means they are here which means they would be in my calculation on the DART team ( I assume barely and white flame aren't the best of the best on dart) So who do you think would win? 

he sucks 

who would you choose to be on a team of 5 
Vici
Vici
-->
@RationalMadman
besides yourself because ik you would pick yourself you egoistic monkey
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vici
What's wrong with picking myself? What makes you think I'd be in charge of choosing the team?
Ehyeh
Debates: 31
Ehyeh
who are "the best debaters?" the top 10 on each ones leaderboard? if it was site vs site DDO would destroy DART simply through having 20x the members. That being said, if its top 10 vs top 10 i think it would be pretty even. Although id probably still give it DDO with an active Danielle and bluesteel. Oromagi isn't going to carry, hes used to debating Hunter Bidens laptop and keeping up with the Kardashians.
-----
With that being said, me in 10 years beats the top 10 of both DDO and DART by myself, my ability for evolution and growth is the best on the planet. 
Tejretics
Debates: 7
Tejretics
-->
@Vici
well we can take the best of dart and the best of ddo and make them face off. If someone is on both then that means they are here which means they would be in my calculation on the DART team ( I assume barely and white flame aren't the best of the best on dart) So who do you think would win? 
I’d say Whiteflame is the best debater on DART, and was also probably among the top three best debaters on DDO. 
Vici
Vici
-->
@RationalMadman
What's wrong with picking myself?
egotistical 

What makes you think I'd be in charge of choosing the team?
im just asking what your think and what ur opinion is
Vici
Vici
-->
@Ehyeh
who are "the best debaters?"
thats for us to decide. 

top 10 vs top 10 

Shila
Debates: 0
Shila
-->
@Vici
two questions 

who would win? If we take the best debaters (not the noob snipers like orosadmi), and put them against the best of ddo, which would win? Which has higher quality minds? 

second, why don't some of the DDO people call back to this cite the OG's?? I know a lot of people here have contact through discord and google messengers, so to actually make this ddo vs dart thing real, we can actually start a face off of this sort if we call them back. it will 1. bring a bunch of activity and also be a huge event. 
If DDO shutdown then trying to compare the two would be impossible.
That DDO was around much longer should be factored in. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vici
Do you believe that you are egotistical?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vici
Why not callout Ehyeh for his ego?
Shila
Shila
-->
@Ehyeh
who are "the best debaters?" the top 10 on each ones leaderboard? if it was site vs site DDO would destroy DART simply through having 20x the members. That being said, if its top 10 vs top 10 i think it would be pretty even. Although id probably still give it DDO with an active Danielle and bluesteel. Oromagi isn't going to carry, hes used to debating Hunter Bidens laptop and keeping up with the Kardashians.
-----
With that being said, me in 10 years beats the top 10 of both DDO and DART by myself, my ability for evolution and growth is the best on the planet. 
You won 3 out of 15 debates, lost 9 and drew 3.
The best on the planet might have to wait a bit.

Ehyeh
Ehyeh
-->
@Shila
You're a quitter shila. With your mindset you wont be able to accomplish such a feat, but you could if you changed your perspective on life.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Ehyeh
--> @Shila
You're a quitter shila. With your mindset you wont be able to accomplish such a feat, but you could if you changed your perspective on life.

But if you quit you will only be the worse for it.

You won 3 out of 15 debates, lost 9 and drew 3.
The best on the planet might have to wait a bit.

Ehyeh
Ehyeh
-->
@Shila
What's point? I don't care if I had 1000 losses and 2 wins. It doesn't change a thing, Shila. I know who I am. I know what I'm capable of and what I'm not. I'm not riddled with doubt, fear, and anxiety like most of humanity is.
Ehyeh
Ehyeh
-->
@RationalMadman

1. The self, especially as distinct from the world and other selves.
  2. In psychoanalysis, the division of the psyche that is conscious, most immediately controls thought and behavior, and is most in touch with external reality.
  3. An exaggerated sense of self-importance; conceit."

Following the definition of ego. I actually have the smallest ego on the site.

1. I'm literally a pantheist, i don't see myself as separate from others
2. my belief in my own abilities has nothing to do with putting myself above others or seeing myself as special or more talented. Anyone can do it with the right mindset as long as they're not disabled through realising their infinite nature.

What you truly see is someone with sheer willpower, determination and confidence. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
my belief in my own abilities has nothing to do with putting myself above others or seeing myself as special or more talented. Anyone can do it with the right mindset as long as they're not disabled.

Ehyeh
Ehyeh
-->
@RationalMadman
With that being said, me in 10 years beats the top 10 of both DDO and DART by myself, my ability for evolution and growth is the best on the planet. 
Because of my mindset. I change my mind more than anyone else on this site. I actually learn things frequently from debates, i've come to notice this is a rare occurrence for most people.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Ehyeh
Give us some examples of your supreme mindchanging ability at play.
Ehyeh
Ehyeh
-->
@RationalMadman
Just one month ago, i used to believe trans women were women. 4 months ago, i believed universals didnt exist. 1 month ago, i was a hardcore determinist (realised i need to stop being a loser). 2 weeks ago i used to believe abortion should be decided based when a  fetus attains first conscious experience. There's so much more. I cant imagine anyone else develops their ideas continuously as much as me on such a wide array of subjects.
-
When was the last time you changed your mind on one single topic? 2 years ago?
K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
-->
@Ehyeh
What's point? I don't care if I had 1000 losses and 2 wins. It doesn't change a thing, Shila. I know who I am. I know what I'm capable of and what I'm not. I'm not riddled with doubt, fear, and anxiety like most of humanity is.

Because of my mindset. I change my mind more than anyone else on this site. I actually learn things frequently from debates, i've come to notice this is a rare occurrence for most people.
Confidence is great, changing your mind is great, but neither are directly related to debate skill. I have no doubt that you will have improved in 10 years, as I have in the last ~3, but between base rates (~10/614, though you need to factor inactive users and any new people in the next 10 years) and your performance so far, it seems unlikely that you will ever break the top 10. I won my first 3 debates, and never dipped below a 50% win rate, but I put my own odds of making top 10 at less than half.
Ehyeh
Ehyeh
-->
@K_Michael
Michael. Dunning kruger effect doesn't work here, as i said i haven't been gifted whatsoever intellectually. I've said my mindset is better than most of humanities. 
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
Given that many of the DDO members migrated to DART, some of whom changed their usernames, it would be a futile contest. I don't think the quality of debaters has changed; I think the attention debates garnered by each site, especially when DDO was prolific, has changed. And I would say that's more a reflection of debate subjects rather than the debaters. But for argument's sake, if I were to draft a cast of 10 debaters on DART--their being former DDO members notwithstanding--whom I believe can take on anyone on any site, it would be:

• 3RU7AL
  • Athias
  • Barney/Ragnar
  • Blamonkey
  • Danielle
  • drafterman
  • Greyparrot
  • Oromagi
  • Semperfortis
  • Whiteflame
Ehyeh
Ehyeh
You're a determinist Michael. Determinists will forever limit their potential.
K_Michael
K_Michael
I've said my mindset is better than most of humanities. 
No. What you said was
my ability for evolution and growth is the best on the planet. 
which sounds a lot more egotistical. And Dunning-Kruger doesn't just apply to intelligence, but any estimation of how your own skills/abilities/experiences compares to others. When I learned how to play football as a kid, I thought I was pretty good. My parents had spent a lot of time teaching me the importance of humility, so I modestly assigned myself as only the top 25% of kids my age. Then I went to middle school and realized that I was well below average in skill, knowledge, and coordination.
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@RationalMadman
Agreed. Vici, I suspect, is just being salty.

Shila
Shila
-->
@K_Michael
I've said my mindset is better than most of humanities. 
No. What you said was
my ability for evolution and growth is the best on the planet. 
which sounds a lot more egotistical. And Dunning-Kruger doesn't just apply to intelligence, but any estimation of how your own skills/abilities/experiences compares to others. When I learned how to play football as a kid, I thought I was pretty good. My parents had spent a lot of time teaching me the importance of humility, so I modestly assigned myself as only the top 25% of kids my age. Then I went to middle school and realized that I was well below average in skill, knowledge, and coordination. 
Was showing humility your way of dealing with your below average in skill, knowledge, and coordination?

K_Michael
K_Michael
-->
@Ehyeh
You're a determinist Michael. Determinists will forever limit their potential.
I am not a determinist, at least not the way Google defines it.
K_Michael
K_Michael
-->
@Shila
Was showing humility your way of dealing with your below average in skill, knowledge, and coordination?
The point was that I applied humility before I actually knew how my skills compared, and I was still waaay off on how good I was. I am now well aware of my deficiencies in that field, and wouldn't define my current beliefs as humility, but honesty. I am quite proud of how intelligent I am, but surround myself by even smarter people wherever possible.