Every pro-lifer always, without fail, gets it wrong on abortion.

Author: TWS1405

Total: 313
TWS1405
Debates: 0
TWS1405
From Ben Shapiro, Matt Walsh, Michael Knowles to Liz Wheeler, they all get it wrong on abortion. 

None of them (pro-lifers) have the requisite intellect to grasp the simple fact that potentiality ≠ actuality. Never has. Never will. 

At conception the very (very) basic biological criterion for cellular “life” is met. That cellular life (ie, zygote) ≠ [a] human being. Neither does a blastocyst, embryo, or an unviable fetus. That’s just a scientific fact of human physiology and biology. 

The ONLY stage of gestational development where the fetus can be equates to that of [a] human being is the point of fetal viability. It is at this point of development within the womb that the viable fetus can survive outside the womb without further gestational development. With ir without medical intervention. 

To call a zygote, blastocyst, embryo and unviable fetus the emotively charged term, “baby,” is an implicit misnomer. It’s factually inaccurate on all levels. 
Barney
Debates: 51
Barney
-->
@TWS1405
Shila
Shila
-->
@TWS1405
From Ben Shapiro, Matt Walsh, Michael Knowles to Liz Wheeler, they all get it wrong on abortion. 

None of them (pro-lifers) have the requisite intellect to grasp the simple fact that potentiality ≠ actuality. Never has. Never will. 

At conception the very (very) basic biological criterion for cellular “life” is met. That cellular life (ie, zygote) ≠ [a] human being. Neither does a blastocyst, embryo, or an unviable fetus. That’s just a scientific fact of human physiology and biology. 

The ONLY stage of gestational development where the fetus can be equates to that of [a] human being is the point of fetal viability. It is at this point of development within the womb that the viable fetus can survive outside the womb without further gestational development. With ir without medical intervention. 

To call a zygote, blastocyst, embryo and unviable fetus the emotively charged term, “baby,” is an implicit misnomer. It’s factually inaccurate on all levels. 
Abortion is  the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy, most often performed during the first 28 weeks of pregnancy.

Definition of pregnant · 1 : containing a developing embryo, fetus, or unborn offspring within the body.

All Abortions point to a deliberate destruction of life.

sadolite
sadolite
Life does not begin at conception. Life does not count until viability outside of the womb. If I smash all the bald eagle eggs in the world I have killed nothing. None were viable forms of life outside the egg. 
SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@sadolite
Life does not begin at conception. Life does not count until viability outside of the womb. If I smash all the bald eagle eggs in the world I have killed nothing. None were viable forms of life outside the egg. 
I take your point, but eggs, unlike humans, have no bodily autonomy and consent is not required.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
"I have killed nothing".

Sort of an odd statement.

Nonetheless, I would suggest that the destruction of living matter is technically killing. As in the deliberate or accidental cessation of life and future potential.

The abortion issue is really all about the status of living matter relative to potential, relative to intellect, relative to acquired sensibilities including the conceptual variable we refer to as morality. Which more often is relative to the conceptual variable we refer to as religion.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@SkepticalOne
Why is it illegal to smash bald eagle eggs., but not rip apart a human fetus. Yet oddly legal to take all the chicken eggs we want and do what ever we want with them? Abortion is about the arbitrary establishment of when human rights begin not when human  life  begins. 
Shila
Shila
-->
@sadolite
--> @SkepticalOne
Why is it illegal to smash bald eagle eggs., but not rip apart a human fetus.
Bald eagles are a protected species, humans are not.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Shila
Reading a room isn't your strength and never will be.
Shila
Shila
-->
@sadolite
--> @Shila
Reading a room isn't your strength and never will be.
Rational thinking or writing isn’t your strength and never will be.

TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@sadolite
Life does not begin at conception.
Yes, it does. You clearly failed biology class. 

Life does not count until viability outside of the womb.If I smash all the bald eagle eggs in the world I have killed nothing. None were viable forms of life outside the egg. 
False equivalency fallacy. 
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@sadolite
Why is it illegal to smash bald eagle eggs., but not rip apart a human fetus.
False equivalency fallacy 

Abortion is about the arbitrary establishment of when human rights begin not when human  life  begins.
Wrong. The 14A makes it clear when legal rights begin. 
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@TWS1405
I am being a devils advocate
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
-->
@TWS1405
Whenever you fall asleep, you experiencing further life upon waking up is a mere potentiality, is it not?

Heck, if you were awake but then killed instantly by a shot to the head, you would be deprived of nothing but a mere potential further existence, would you not?
Shila
Shila
-->
@Swagnarok
--> @TWS1405
Whenever you fall asleep, you experiencing further life upon waking up is a mere potentiality, is it not?

Heck, if you were awake but then killed instantly by a shot to the head, you would be deprived of nothing but a mere potential further existence, would you not?
The average lifespan is around 80 years.

TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@sadolite
No, you’re not. 

A true DA would retort with actual intelligent arguments grounded in some measure of facts/reality. Your arguments are wholeheartedly ignorant. 

Swagnarok
Swagnarok
-->
@Shila
Sure. And a fetus, if born, would enjoy that same lifespan. More of it, in fact, since a murdered 35 year old has already burned through 35 years of life and only has 45 years left.
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@Swagnarok
> @TWS1405

No and no. 

Both those statements are pure ignorance of the subject matter and applicable terminology in context of said subject matter. 
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@Shila
Abortion is  the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy, most often performed during the first 28 weeks of pregnancy.

Definition of pregnant · 1 : containing a developing embryo, fetus, or unborn offspring within the body.

All Abortions point to a deliberate destruction of life.
Duh! 
Shila
Shila
-->
@TWS1405
--> @sadolite
No, you’re not. 

A true DA would retort with actual intelligent arguments grounded in some measure of facts/reality. Your arguments are wholeheartedly ignorant. 

Never underestimate the devil, he’s smarter than we are, pope warns

Pope said: He is more intelligent than we are and he will turn you around, turn your head, and you’re lost.
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@Shila
🤦‍♂️🙄🤦‍♂️
Shila
Shila
-->
@TWS1405
-> @Shila
🤦‍♂️🙄🤦‍♂️
Why are you slapping yourself in public?

Swagnarok
Swagnarok
-->
@TWS1405
How so? Please explain your reasoning.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Swagnarok
--> @Shila
Sure. And a fetus, if born, would enjoy that same lifespan. More of it, in fact, since a murdered 35 year old has already burned through 35 years of life and only has 45 years left.
Remember what you said earlier.

You saw life as fleeting and a mere potential.

TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@Swagnarok
-->@TWS1405
See below.

Whenever you fall asleep, you experiencing further life upon waking up is a mere potentiality, is it not? Heck, if you were awake but then killed instantly by a shot to the head, you would be deprived of nothing but a mere potential further existence, would you not?
No one's life ceases to be any less or more of [a] life (physical existence) when sleeping. Sleep is a normal physiological part of our biology; it is a necessity for good/balanced mental and physical health. 

A born human being is an actualized human being. Once actualized, that human being never becomes anything less than, that is, until death, naturally. 

The fact that you had to ask me to explain the obvious here is dumbfounding, but not surprising. It also demonstrates the fact that you fail to understand/comprehend the terms potentiality and actuality whereas the context of the abortion debate is concerned. 

Shila
Shila
-->
@TWS1405
--> @Swagnarok
-->@TWS1405
See below.

Whenever you fall asleep, you experiencing further life upon waking up is a mere potentiality, is it not? Heck, if you were awake but then killed instantly by a shot to the head, you would be deprived of nothing but a mere potential further existence, would you not?
No one's life ceases to be any less or more of [a] life (physical existence) when sleeping. Sleep is a normal physiological part of our biology; it is a necessity for good/balanced mental and physical health. 

A born human being is an actualized human being. Once actualized, that human being never becomes anything less than, that is, until death, naturally. 

The fact that you had to ask me to explain the obvious here is dumbfounding, but not surprising. It also demonstrates the fact that you fail to understand/comprehend the terms potentiality and actuality whereas the context of the abortion debate is concerned. 
In short you disagree with Swagnarok!

TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@Shila
🖕🏿off
Vici
Debates: 11
Vici
baby killing is and always will be wrong 
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@Vici
baby killing is and always will be wrong 

Way to demonstrate the Dunning Kruger Effect. To the proverbial "T," clown.

Novice_II
Debates: 98
Novice_II
My general opinion on the topic is that if there were a good argument for abortion, I would probably have become pro choice by now. The entitlement of this should be self-explanatory given that I am pro life.