So, when will you ban corporal punishment against children?

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 96
coal
Debates: 6
coal
I see we've learned why you're probably still spanked by your parents, yet again. 
Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
Dear coal,

Your logic is flawed. You are not me. You are just a little worm. Only I have value in this world.
Shila
Debates: 0
Shila
Best.Korea: Dear coal,

Your logic is flawed. You are not me. You are just a little worm. Only I have value in this world
Coal make 150,000 and comes from Malta. You make 20,000. Who has more value? Just saying….
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Dear Shila,

Most people dont understand that I determine everyones value by my standards. Even if he had 10 trillion, I would consider him 0. His spank buddies are also 0. So even when all together, they are still 0.

If he wants me to consider him more than 0, maybe he should stop going around and spanking children.

He is probably a drug addict. So I dont care much about him.
Shila
Shila
Best.Korea: Dear Shila,

Most people dont understand that I determine everyones value by my standards. Even if he had 10 trillion, I would consider him 0. His spank buddies are also 0. So even when all together, they are still 0.

If he wants me to consider him more than 0, maybe he should stop going around and spanking children. 

He is probably a drug addict. So I dont care much about him.
A drug deal would put him into an even higher income. 
Should anyone care about you who makes just 20,000$ that’s less than minimum wage?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Dear Shila,

What I think matters. So if I think he is 0, he is 0.

I consider myself as a God. Only God is able to decide who matters and who doesnt. 

And even if others offer clear proof, I can simply say that such proof is illogical because it disagrees with my world view.
Shila
Shila
Best.Korea: Dear Shila,

What I think matters. So if I think he is 0, he is 0.

I consider myself as a God. Only God is able to decide who matters and who doesnt. 

And even if others offer clear proof, I can simply say that such proof is illogical because it disagrees with my world view.
But you picked a picture of Putin who is losing all credibility to be your Avatar. Your worldview is being crushed by the Ukrainians and world sanctions.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Dear Shila,

I am not Putin. Putin is not my world view. If he was, I would simply conclude that he is winning.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
Ah yes.

Putin,

Fresh faced and full of Ideas.

Shila
Shila

I am not Putin. Putin is not my world view. If he was, I would simply conclude that he is winning.
But you worship him like your hero.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Dear Shila,

I wouldnt say I worship Putin. I only worship myself.

But I do take some ideas from leaders like Putin, Stalin, Mao and Kim. I try to apply those ideas here on this site. 

For example, Putin often likes to insult people who question his authority.

Kim declared himself as the source of all morality and logic. 

Stalin and Mao did similar.

But I consider these leaders as false Gods. I only consider myself as the true God.
Shila
Shila
Best.Korea: Dear Shila,

I wouldnt say I worship Putin. I only worship myself.

But I do take some ideas from leaders like Putin, Stalin, Mao and Kim. I try to apply those ideas here on this site. 

For example, Putin often likes to insult people who question his authority.

Kim declared himself as the source of all morality and logic. 

Stalin and Mao did similar.

But I consider these leaders as false Gods. I only consider myself as the true God.
A true God that is dependent on “good ideas from leaders like Putin, Stalin, Mao and Kim. I try to apply those ideas here on this site. “
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Dear Shila,

Its up to me to decide who is the true God. I am the truth. Whatever I say is true.

If there are objective facts that dont agree with my opinion, then the logical conclusion is that those objective facts are wrong. 

My opinion is always right, even if all proof says otherwise.

Putin is good too, but he is not the true God. I learned a lot from him, yes. But I still consider him weak.
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@coal
You have failed to state a coherent point about corporal punishment or those who support it. 
Not in the least bit true. Best Korea's OP does a fairly decent job at illustrating his point.

To whatever extent you have convinced yourself into thinking that you've done otherwise, your imagination is where that delusion begins and ends.  
The delusion doesn't rest with Best Korea--as far as this subject is concerned.

But yes, I assume you're probably still spanked by your parents.  I assume you're Korean.  I've had enough Korean friends to know they were spanked by their parents, how often, for how long, with what and why.  
And this grants you some authority--MORE AUTHORITY than Best Korea to speak on whether or not his parents spank him, and why they do it?

But you're almost certainly no older than 14-15,
This is something you cannot know unless Best Korea or anyone who knows him intimately divulges that information to you.

Your use of language suggests you lack the maturity to take responsibility for your own actions, which is probably a significant contributing factor to why you're still spanked. 
You know his parents whom you presume to spank him?

For example, you externalize blame to "those people" who support or at least do not oppose corporal punishment.  You call them "psychopaths," but say no more.
Well you did suggest an equivalence between one's getting spanked and becoming a doctor, accountant, an engineer.

So, I get both your age and your educational level (as well as the fact that you're still a student)\
Did Best Korea inform you of this?

from both how you are making the point you're making and how you're psychologically reacting to those who disagree with you. 
And what is the psychological profile of one who engages ad hominem rather than the contention directly?

To illustrate, you have an unsophisticated yet concrete understanding of psychopathy. 
Derailment. Best Korea probably shouldn't have called you a psychopath, but the fact that you keep beating this dead horse is nothing more than a deflection.

So, psychologically you've not matured at the same rate that you've physically grown and you'd be generally behind the curve, relative to a typical adolescent.
Beyond your epistemological limit.

But the fact that you felt humiliated is reflected by what you said in response to me.

Now, here me when I say this:  There is absolutely no reason to feel humiliated because your parents spank you. 

The next time your parents spank you, after its over ask yourself why you were spanked.  Ask yourself "What have I done that brought about this result?" and "How could I have acted differently, that might have prevented me from being spanked?"  And the lesson you should be taking from that self reflection is not to become better at avoiding getting caught.  It is to recognize the behaviour that caused them to spank you, and stop doing it.  
Not a sound justification in the slightest.

Shila
Shila

Its up to me to decide who is the true God. I am the truth. Whatever I say is true. 

If there are objective facts that dont agree with my opinion, then the logical conclusion is that those objective facts are wrong. 

My opinion is always right, even if all proof says otherwise.

Putin is good too, but he is not the true God. I learned a lot from him, yes. But I still consider him weak.
Maybe Putin is a work in progress just like you.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Dear Shila,

I consider myself perfect. This is why I think I am God.

I know everything, but at the same time I am still learning. This is not a contradiction because I say so. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Coal doesnt understand that I have a ready response for his next comment.

It doesnt matter what he writes. I wont even read it.

First I will declare myself God. Then I will establish that because I am God, I am right.

So whatever he writes will be wrong by default.

Then I will insult him by comparing him to my dog.
coal
coal
-->
@Athias
You're not very smart, are you? 

And pretty emotional, too, right? 
Athias
Athias
-->
@coal
You're not very smart, are you? 
I'm smarter than that for which I give myself credit. What makes you think I'm not smart? My disagreeing with your unsubstantiated arguments?

And pretty emotional, too, right? 
Me, emotional? Which emotions have I conveyed? It's almost as if you're offering dime-store pseudo-psychoanalysis in lieu of a contention to the scrutiny under which your nonsensical position now is. As our resident psychoanalyst, and an authority on yourself, why do you believe you would do that?

coal
coal
-->
@Athias
You laid your cards on the table, in your reply.   I wasn't even talking about you in my post above.  But you acted as if I was.  Which tells me I may as well have been.  

I'm smarter than that for which I give myself credit. What makes you think I'm not smart? My disagreeing with your unsubstantiated arguments?
The beginning and end of what you wrote reduces to "Nuh-uh!"  Yet, having offered no more than that, you responded as if you had affirmatively disproven what I wrote.  Which you absolutely have not done.  Therefore, I have nothing to say in response.

I put the ball in the in-zone.  Then you fumbled. 

Me, emotional? Which emotions have I conveyed? [etc.]
Neurotic hypersensitivity towards support for corporal punishment, in much the same way as the OP and potentially for the same reasons as the OP.  

The tone and tenor of your response reflected a tendency to interpret neutral situations as threatening, minor disagreements as overwhelming and an overall tendency towards anxiety, irritability, lack of emotional stability, self consciousness, introversion, stress (particularly from the inability to contend objectively with disagreement), projection (particularly from your response above, wherein, for example, you referenced "disagreeing with [my] unsubstantiated arguments").

As our resident psychoanalyst, and an authority on yourself, why do you believe you would do that?
What I am doing does not even approximate psychoanalysis.  I am not a psychoanalyst and it is clear you do not understand that term.  Make no mistake on this point.

This is just basic observation and inference drawn from it.  

coal
coal
Your behavior is unfortunate, but it confirms my initial impression.  Maturity is basically the shift away from the parent's guardianship towards independence and, ideally, self actualization.  It entails legal, social, religious, political, intellectual, psychological and emotional aspects.  

The line between immaturity and maturity is not exactly objective, but trends emerge from which the particular can be inferred from the degree to which it probably conforms to the general.  Here, as I said above, I think you're probably still in high school or potentially late middle school.  

I think you're likely less mature than your peers, presumably because your parents have infantilized you and, as a component of that infantilization, they probably still spank you.  

There are behaviours I would have expected to see, if I was wrong.  For example, if I was wrong, you would have just denied that you were still spanked and that you were at the age I expected you are.  The reason you would have done that is obvious: if I accused you of being a girl, but you were a boy, you would not feel the need to "declare" yourself anything.  Denying alone would have been enough. 

But it wasn't.  Instead, you wrote what you wrote.  

I encourage you to re-read what I wrote, if you want your situation to improve.  But if you think you know best (as all 14 year old boys do, for the most part), keep on keepin' on. 

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Dear Coal,

You say that you like spanking kids. You like it when they cry. You think its okay to spank kids.

But what do I say?

I am the God. I decide what is right.
I have decided that I am right.
I have decided that spanking kids is wrong.
I have decided that you are wrong. 

Since God hates you and thinks you are wrong, the best thing you can do is cry and beg for forgiveness.

You dont want to be a dog, do you? Right now, I consider you lower than my dog. If I had to choose who to save, I would save my dog.

Think about this and work to improve yourself.
Athias
Athias
-->
@coal
You laid your cards on the table, in your reply.   I wasn't even talking about you in my post above.
That's the beauty of an open forum: anyone can respond to anyone for any reason. You don't have to be "talking about me" in order for me to respond to you. I submitted a response to your statement because I reject the position you took.

But you acted as if I was.
No, I didn't. I used my own experience as an anecdotal counterargument to your anecdotal argument about the experience you allege your Korean friends have had.

The beginning and end of what you wrote reduces to "Nuh-uh!"
I argued more than just a contradiction to your argument. Read it, again.

Yet, having offered no more than that, you responded as if you had affirmatively disproven what I wrote.
It is not my obligation to disprove your statement. If you're going to attempt to convince anyone that your conclusions should be accepted, then it's your obligation to substantiate your arguments in accordance to agreed upon metrics. You made several nonsensical claims which included, but aren't limited to:

• KNOWING THE INTENTIONS OF BEST KOREA'S PARENTS
  • KNOWING BEST KOREA'S AGE AND THE QUALIFICATION YOU ALLEGE IT BEARS ON HIS STATEMENTS
  • ALLEGING THAT GETTING SPANKED RESULTS IN BECOMING A DOCTOR, ENGINEER, OR ACCOUNTANT.
I don't have to disprove this. You have to prove/demonstrate/establish/substantiate your claims as the claimant.

Therefore, I have nothing to say in response.
You have nothing to say in response because you've yet to exhibit a capacity to address the substance of a statement, instead resorting to arguing ad hominem.

The tone and tenor of your response
Given that the letters on your screen produce no sound, I'm going to dismiss this as nonsense.

reflected a tendency to interpret neutral situations as threatening, minor disagreements as overwhelming and an overall tendency towards anxiety, irritability, lack of emotional stability, self consciousness, introversion, stress (particularly from the inability to contend objectively with disagreement), projection (particularly from your response above, wherein, for example, you referenced "disagreeing with [my] unsubstantiated arguments").
More dime-store pseudo-psychoanalytic gibberish.

What I am doing does not even approximate psychoanalysis.
Oh, you don't have to attempt to convince me.

I am not a psychoanalyst
You've made that much clear.

This is just basic observation and inference drawn from it.  
Claims of "observation" that concern things beyond your epistemological limit result in logically incoherent inferences.

coal
coal
-->
@Athias
I am embarrassed for you.  

If you wanted to respond to what I wrote by disagreeing, the ball was in your court to argue against it (read: offer actual reasons why I was wrong). 

You have failed to do so.  

Now you are arguing about whether you did anything more than say "Nuh-uh!" 

I am disinclined to talk in circles. 

Shila
Shila
coal:
Your behavior is unfortunate, but it confirms my initial impression.  Maturity is basically the shift away from the parent's guardianship towards independence and, ideally, self actualization.  It entails legal, social, religious, political, intellectual, psychological and emotional aspects.  

The line between immaturity and maturity is not exactly objective, but trends emerge from which the particular can be inferred from the degree to which it probably conforms to the general.  Here, as I said above, I think you're probably still in high school or potentially late middle school.  

I think you're likely less mature than your peers, presumably because your parents have infantilized you and, as a component of that infantilization, they probably still spank you.  

There are behaviours I would have expected to see, if I was wrong.  For example, if I was wrong, you would have just denied that you were still spanked and that you were at the age I expected you are.  The reason you would have done that is obvious: if I accused you of being a girl, but you were a boy, you would not feel the need to "declare" yourself anything.  Denying alone would have been enough. 

But it wasn't.  Instead, you wrote what you wrote.  

I encourage you to re-read what I wrote, if you want your situation to improve.  But if you think you know best (as all 14 year old boys do, for the most part), keep on keepin' on
You are trying hard to reason with a 14 year of Korean. Spanking is the only thing that works in Korea. Look what happens when the child is spared the spanking. They go ballistic then nuclear.

coal
coal
-->
@Shila
You are trying hard to reason with a 14 year of Korean. Spanking is the only thing that works in Korea. Look what happens when the child is spared the spanking. They go ballistic then nuclear.

You are correct.  No doubt about that.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Dear coal,

You forgot something important.

I decide what is right.
I decided it is right that your value is 0.
I decided you are not right to say that spanking children is good.
I decided it is right that you cannot simply make up for this by apologizing.
Shila
Shila
-->
@coal
--> @Shila

You are correct.  No doubt about that.
Looks like the mods are into spanking too.

Athias
Athias
-->
@coal
So? Relevance? Why do believe it necessary to state to me how you feel, rather than address the contention I provided?

Suit yourself. Have a nice day, sir.

Shila
Shila
-->
@Athias
--> @coal
So? Relevance? Why do believe it necessary to state to me how you feel, rather than address the contention I provided?

Suit yourself. Have a nice day, sir.
Not sure why you are defending spanking. At the same time respecting assertiveness in the same person.