Update Regarding President Airmax1227 (10/12/22)

Author: Vader

Total: 81
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Greetings DebateArt

The moderation team and I understand that president Airmax has not properly fulfilled his duty as president of DebateArt.com. This comes after months of constant messaging and PM’ing to try to get his attention, but to no avail. Airmax has gone months with no reply or contribution of any sorts to the site. Therefore, after a vote between advisors and mods alike, as of October 12th, 2022, Airmax is no longer the president of DebateArt.com and the presidency is currently vacant. Airmax is barred from running for election again in the future. In the meantime, the presidency will remain vacant from 10/12/22 until the next presidential election. We hope this decision can be understood, and we hope for the best when it comes to the next presidency

Finally, we as a moderation team did not prepare an impeachment plan as we did not anticipate it to happen. This is a lack of foresight on our part and we will soon work on an impeachment plan in the near future... For now, the decision was made based on a moderation vote and was based on an agreed upon plan by the moderation team.

Regards,
Supa & The moderation team

Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@Vader
Finally. I always thought highly of Airmax as the mod of DDO but it's pretty clear he doesn't have that willingness in him anymore. Still, I'd love for him and others to come back as normal users, but it's up to them at the end of the day. Anyways, who would we elect now that the position is open early?
Vader
Vader
-->
@Mharman
Campaign announcement technically begin the beginning of December , however, I am going to enact a proposition to push back the election due to 

a)my availability
b)to avoid the holiday conflicts
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
Well, one doesn't always know other people's circumstances, so I don't have anything bad to say against him.

I also hold the view that even if an inanimate rock had won, it doing nothing would be fine, buyer beware, . . Well, 'voter beware.
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@Vader
Why not let 3RU7AL serve in the interim since he was runner-up, provided that it does not affect his chances to run for the 2023 Election?
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Athias
I like how it reminds me of early American Vice President policy.
Ehyeh
Debates: 31
Ehyeh
what is the dart president even meant to do?
Public-Choice
Debates: 18
Public-Choice
-->
@Vader
@Ehyeh
I noticed the help section for the President hasn't been updated yet. It still says Airmax is the president:
Vader
Vader
-->
@DebateArt.com
@Public-Choice
I do not have access to edit that channel. It will need to be changed by Mike or anyone with those perms
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@Vader
Ah. Gotcha. I didn't know!
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@Vader
@3RU7AL
@Athias
Why not let 3RU7AL serve in the interim since he was runner-up, provided that it does not affect his chances to run for the 2023 Election?

I 2nd that excellent idea for 3ru7al

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Ehyeh
I've always seen them as, on paper, a bridge between moderation and the userbase, as well as event organizers. That being said, I do wonder if this site even needs one. Can members not talk to moderators themselves? Do we need an elected president gather the thoughts of the users? Do we need a president to organize events?

To me, the answer to all of these is "no" at the moment. I suppose it can be fun to hold a site election, but is it worth all the drama? Or is that part of what makes it fun?
Mharman
Mharman
Also, vote for Joe!
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Vader
The whole Airmax presidential thing was a nonsense from start to finish. Which I did try to suggest.

Some guy rocked up from nowhere, took a lot of people for fools and then disappeared just as quickly.

I propose RationalMadman for president. His dedication to Debateart is consistent.
Ehyeh
Ehyeh
-->
@zedvictor4
I wouldn't trust RM to make me a sandwich.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Ehyeh
You've only been a member for 3 months.

What would you know about RM's credentials?
Ehyeh
Ehyeh
-->
@zedvictor4
3 months isn't enough time to notice his erratic and sometimes spiteful behaviour? As I said, I wouldn't trust that man to make me a sandwich. I don't need to be here for 2 years to notice these patterns, do i?
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Ehyeh
Eat the sandwich
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@zedvictor4
What would you know about RM's credentials?
Well, it isn't like there's a short article written about him in the DART Hall of Fame or a lengthy amount of past forum posts to read that he wrote or anything like that...

How do you know what Ehyeh does in his spare time and who he has a shrine to?

To quote the Catheter and Chief: C'mon man!
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@Ehyeh
3 months isn't enough time to notice his erratic and sometimes spiteful behaviour? As I said, I wouldn't trust that man to make me a sandwich. I don't need to be here for 2 years to notice these patterns, do i?

I agree with you, even tho Rat Man does have some good stuff, his bad stuff outweighs his good.

3Ru7AL came in 2nd and I can see no good reason to not allow him that chance to be president. I gurrantee you he will be much more active, tho currently he has dropped off posting much. I thinks 3RU7AL's good out weighs his bad.

..." Also, because the definition of truth requires fact and the definition of fact requires indisputability, only what is universally indisputable (empirically and scientifically verifiable phenomena and logical necessities) can be identified as TRUE. "...

..." For example, if you purchase and then consume a piece of delicious, succulent chocolate and never consider the wider moral implications of the near-slavery conditions of the Theobroma cacao plantations that produced your practically irresistible treat, are you less "morally-culpable" than someone who knows exactly how much human suffering was rendered in service of their appetite? 

If you think the short-term-minded-person is less "morally-culpable", then STUPID = GOOD and SMART = BAD. "....

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Ehyeh, who would you trust to make you a sandwich here?
Vader
Vader
-->
@Ehyeh
RM is not a bad candidate for President. I just disagree with the way he believes moderation should be handled and how to handle case by case reports
Ehyeh
Ehyeh
-->
@Vader
I agree. As others have already suggested, i also think 3RU7AL would be a good temporary president. 
Ehyeh
Ehyeh
-->
@Vader
If the president is meant to be a bridge between site users and site mods, I can't imagine RM being a good president. He seems to be arguing with a mod every other day about something. The Site president should be someone who can be a mediator between the two, so that both parties can be satisfied. I believe 3RU7AL fulfils this criteria much more than RM does.
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@Vader
RM is not a bad candidate for President. I just disagree with the way he believes moderation should be handled and how to handle case by case reports
Correct me if I'm wrong but a simple majority is enough to overturn the President's vetoes anyways, right? 

So if this is the case, then isn't the position of President kind of overrated? He oversees duties, but ultimately the moderators have the final say in what goes on, not the President. What is stopping a coup of Moderators against the President's wishes? And what is the process for moderator removal if they are being a bad actor?

I am not trying to plot the removal of any moderators whatsoever. I am just asking after reading the President's duties in relation to moderator ones.

For instance, the moderation section states:
"Mods have complete discretion in the enforcement and interpretation of the site rules, with all exceptions stated in these terms. Mod decisions are final and not subject to appeal."

What if a situation arose where a mod was acting rogue? Or what if the chief mod goes rogue? What happens then?

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
That is alright for you to believe, Ehyeh. I cannot say more until I campaign, if I do. That is the rule.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Ehyeh
You definitely don’t. RM would be the worst President ever. He’d be willing to ban you for hurting his feelings. He’s said so multiple times
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
No, he has not said that and certainly not multiple times.

RM notes that severe harassment and bullying will entail emotional harm and be bannable if the qrongdoer shows no progress towards reform, whether RM is the target or not.

Pie, if you wish to lie about me, I can defend it even in first person if I want.

I can think of plenty of worse presidential candidates than me but of course it comes down to opinion and priorities.

I am not sure what you are trying here but if this is covert anti-campaigning preparing the stage for your own campaign, you just look dirty doing this.

If you honestly cannot think of a 'worse president ever' then I will be surprised. Who could be worse than Airmax was? Entertain us.

For the record, I can think of some who may be worse, I am just curious how I am one of them and the worst ever.
Mharman
Mharman
Imma just see who the declared candidates are when it all starts. I'll vote for who I agree with,  but I'm not convinced it will make a huge difference if someone else wins.