Update Regarding President Airmax1227 (10/12/22)

Author: Vader

Total: 81
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
Not surprised
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
RM notes that severe harassment and bullying will entail emotional harm and be bannable if the qrongdoer shows no progress towards reform, whether RM is the target or not.
Exhibit A folks. What’s severe harassment and bullying according to RM?

One callout thread where an individual who I’ve known for a while rants and calls me all these names for a day, and then stops. 

RM would ban you if you start calling others names. RM would ban someone even if you yourself as the victim didn’t want them banned. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 567
RationalMadman
You are free to speak your mind, Pie and free to speak mine too, it would seem.

Enjoy championing whatever it is you want.
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
I refuse to allow Airmax to be ousted.

I voted for him knowing this was the likely outcome.

He, by all objective measures, was the best libertarian leader in history. Look at his laissez-faire treatment of every issue he has and has not encountered! Pure genius on his part
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
@Mharman
@Lemming
@bmdrocks21
@Public-Choice
Would you support separating the 'leader of official events' here type role from the mod advisor role?
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@RationalMadman
I mean to me, it makes no difference. It doesn’t take a president to organize an event. 
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@RationalMadman
No, as no reason occurs as to why,
Maybe to relieve some people of worries about the president's power targeting them, but I don't think that's much of a worry,
I forget the powers of the DART president, but I don't think they can just ban people,
Really president is too lofty a title,
Representative would be well enough.

@NoOneInParticular
Is alieve not a word, or at least not the word I thought it was?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Mharman
The reality is this:

As is, I will never ever be anything here other than a user to my last day on this site. The only way to even begin to prove to others and especially the mods that I can maintain a professional working relationship with them is to be something official.

At the moment I have a passive 'thing' where I help them spot alts or long-term threats and such and while you admittted to be wrong with Shila, I of course have had wrong calls on alts (I ask them to check etc). The current way I interact with them is more like I'm a useful nuisance to whiteflame and Barney. The only way to change that is to have a dynamic where they realise I could actually be more trouble than I am and to be less of a nuisance than they ever expected. They don't realise we already have such a relationship and they don't realise how well I interpret the rules and neither do most members of the website.

It is fine by me to never ever be that. I literally am fine never being involved with the mod side of things (shit's a bunch of teacher's pet stuff anyway), I am here to be useful and I could be a lively event host but hosting events for a dead website doesn't really mean shit. I'd want a team, a group that regularly organises stuff and switches the host-member around so that the previous hosts get to be participants in the tournaments and events.

We can't foster that kind of thing without a jumpstart from the now-present President role, otherwise people think 'am I stepping on the President's toes'.
Vici
Debates: 11
Vici
I will be starting a campaign 
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@RationalMadman
Well, I disagree with the notion you need any kind of office to prove you can be professional.

As for organizing, why don’t we just start organizing some stuff? Remember the Rap Battling Tourney I used to run on DDO?
Public-Choice
Debates: 18
Public-Choice
-->
@RationalMadman
I'm not sure it will make much of a difference in moderation, TBH.

It is the mods who can interpret moderation any way they want, even if it makes no sense. The support article on moderation blatantly says so.

So, basically, even if a dictionary and the laws of logic and reason agree with you, it doesn't matter because mods have complete freedom to reinterpret the rules however they want.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Vici
Why should we vote for a rich child soldier from the Bahamas?
Vici
Vici
-->
@bmdrocks21
Thank you for asking? 

1. im a soldier like barney who have saved people. 
  2. im rich so I wont be subject to corruption. 
  3. the Bahamas is a beautiful place and I represent them
Do I have your vote? 

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vici
Stolen valour is a pretty disgusting thing to do, even if we all know you're lying.

I guess this was playing into bmdrocks' question but what you said isn't funny. Barney actually served as a military medic in a war.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Vici
Thank you for asking? 

1. im a soldier like barney who have saved people. 
  2. im rich so I wont be subject to corruption. 
  3. the Bahamas is a beautiful place and I represent them
Do I have your vote? 

The Bahamas is a shithole country. I love corruption. Do you not see my Nixon pic???? Plus, you criticize Barney, yet claim it is good to be like him? No vote from me!
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
I’m voting for RM of course <3
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Ehyeh
Yep, 3RU7AL would be good.

I'm pretty sure I said that last time.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Public-Choice
I will show my British ignorance here.

Presumably American speak, what is the "Catheter and Chief"?

Couldn't find any other definitions or references for catheter, other than an up the dick tube.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@zedvictor4
I couldn't tell ya
Vici
Vici
I hate you all - wait for me to get my computer degree and I'll hack all of your credit cards gg ez
Ehyeh
Debates: 31
Ehyeh
-->
@ILikePie5
I wouldn't be surprised. Look at RM's habit of blocking individuals. I get the sense he may be a little bit trigger happy with the ban button too. Thankfully, he has to go through the mods to do that (I believe). If RM does ban people for insulting others, he ought to ban himself before anyone else. He can be very insulting, especially to voters or those who question his abilities. Considering how much the mods get hassled on this site, I believe it may be fun to see RM get hassled the same way too, and see how he handles it. As long as he's on a tight leash by the mod team, it might be fun to see.
Public-Choice
Debates: 18
Public-Choice
-->
@zedvictor4
It was a play on words about Biden.

Commander, catheter.

A catheter is what people wear when they can't hold it in anymore.

Idk I thought it was funny.

I forget that jokes about liberals are not funny on here, but calling conservatives bitches and racists is somehow hilarious.
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@Public-Choice
Correct me if I'm wrong but a simple majority is enough to overturn the President's vetoes anyways, right? 

So if this is the case, then isn't the position of President kind of overrated? He oversees duties, but ultimately the moderators have the final say in what goes on, not the President. What is stopping a coup of Moderators against the President's wishes? And what is the process for moderator removal if they are being a bad actor?

I am not trying to plot the removal of any moderators whatsoever. I am just asking after reading the President's duties in relation to moderator ones.

For instance, the moderation section states:
"Mods have complete discretion in the enforcement and interpretation of the site rules, with all exceptions stated in these terms. Mod decisions are final and not subject to appeal."

What if a situation arose where a mod was acting rogue? Or what if the chief mod goes rogue? What happens then?
Both 3RU7AL and I brought this up to SupaDudz during last year's campaign. The president's job is essentially an advisory role, which has no authority or leverage to dictate moderator actions. I still don't understand the reason to this day there are still those who are overestimating the function of this office.
Athias
Athias
-->
@bmdrocks21
I refuse to allow Airmax to be ousted.

I voted for him knowing this was the likely outcome.
Then you have done the office a disservice.

He, by all objective measures,
There are no objective measures.

was the best libertarian leader in history. Look at his laissez-faire treatment of every issue he has and has not encountered! Pure genius on his part
He may have been all those things on DDO, but here on DEBATEART, he has done nothing. Perhaps the office would have been better served if those who voted for him weren't attempting to recapture some DDO nostalgia, and instead focused on making THIS SITE the best version of itself.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Public-Choice
Ok.

I get it.

And being an apolitical Brit, I don't have the same political allegiances that some Dart users might have.

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Athias
He may have been all those things on DDO, but here on DEBATEART, he has done nothing. Perhaps the office would have been better served if those who voted for him weren't attempting to recapture some DDO nostalgia, and instead focused on making THIS SITE the best version of itself.
I was not chasing any DDO nostalgia. I joined DDO during its death throes. Had no clue who that guy was

Avery
Debates: 0
Avery
Airmax was an excellent moderator on DDO and certainly made the site functional. He wasn't too trigger-happy with bans/suspensions (most online moderators are) but he'd still punish those who crossed a serious line.

Having said that, I think he's in his mid 40s (typically when people are juggling work and teenaged kids) by now and probably doesn't have the time to contribute to the site as much as he did with DDO in the past. 
Avery
Avery
3RU7AL should be the next president, given that he was runners-up in the official voting, but only on the proviso that in response to his own acceptance speech, he is the first to reply with "well stated".
Athias
Athias
-->
@bmdrocks21
I was not chasing any DDO nostalgia. I joined DDO during its death throes.
I wasn't talking about just you. There were several number of members here who expressed favor for airmax solely based on what he had done on DDO--not to mention his relationship with the moderators. None however at the time could speak to what he had done here because he had barely participated on this site since his joining.

Had no clue who that guy was
Does that not speak to the integrity of your vote?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Avery
3RU7AL seems to have dropped of DArt radar recently. Correct me if I'm in error.  I think he is busy with his discord server, and or other. I dunno.

I voted for  he/she/iT....... ;--)

If AI is artificial intelligence then iT = internet topcat or maybe intelligent Topcat { iT }