The case for the Historical Jesus

Author: Shila

Total: 618
Shila
Debates: 0
Shila
-->
@Stephen
Not a single one of the 12 disciples is recorded as standing at the foot of the cross to watch Jesus die.#339

The disciples we’re not there to smell his feet. They were watching from the distance the crucifixion so they could write about it.

John even mentions his presence in John 19:26-27.
John alone tells us that the disciples were also there, and he only, moreover, refers to the fact of his own presence, and this in order that he may record Christ's committal of His mother to his care.
"When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to her, 'Woman,here is your son,' and to the disciple, 'Here is your mother.' From that time on, this disciple took her into his home." (John 19:26-27)

That is simply not the case. There is absolutely no mention of a single disciple being anywhere near the crucifixion site never mind the cross. They all scattered after the arrest and went into hiding.
learn to read. The women mentioned were: Mary, mother of James and Joseph/Joses is mentioned by Matthew and Mark. The others are mentioned by one gospel only: Mary, the mother of Jesus; Mary, the mother of the sons of Zebedee; Salome; a sister of Mary, mother of Jesus; Mary of Clopas

Yes I know about the women looking from afar in one gospel, and yet another gospel has them within speaking distance to Christ . But not a single mention of a single one of the 12 disciples being anywhere near their lord and master at the time he was nailed up and losing his faith in his "father".
John even mentions his presence in John 19:26-27.
John alone tells us that the disciples were also there, and he only, moreover, refers to the fact of his own presence, and this in order that he may record Christ's committal of His mother to his care.
"When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to her, 'Woman,here is your son,' and to the disciple, 'Here is your mother.' From that time on, this disciple took her into his home." (John 19:26-27)

And you still haven't answered this>. What is it that the bible records Jesus being offered on a sponge? 

Matthew 27:48 Immediately one of them ran and got a sponge. He filled it with wine vinegar, put it on a staff, and offered it to Jesus to drink.

Now tell me what kind of friend would give a dying thirsty man Vinger to drink?
Stephaton, or Steven, is the name given in medieval Christian traditions to the Roman soldier or bystander, unnamed in the Bible, who offered Jesus a sponge soaked in vinegar wine at the Crucifixion.

The vinegar was used as an analgesic to ease the pain.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Stephen
You lied when you posted, “Or when shila  tried to tell me that a British Prime Minister is also the PM of Australia.”

Nope. You supported and agreed that fkn clown tradesecret when he said the PM of England was also the PM of Australia and the Commonwealth. 

Tell me thicko, as you say, the UK now has a new PM. Is he also the PM of Australia and the Commonwealth?
Tradesecret is from Australia. So he should know better.
Show us where he said, the PM of England was also the PM of Australia and the Commonwealth. 

I know he called you a stalker and BrotherD. a liar.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Shila

What is it that the bible records Jesus being offered on a sponge? 

Not a single one of the 12 disciples is recorded as standing at the foot of the cross to watch Jesus die.
 You may want to place Mary Magdelana attending the event, but she is never recorded as being a disciple and, it is said, that she and a few other women stood and to have " watched from afar". 
It is as you insist, "the bible should be taken literally at all times".
You even accept the disciples watch the crucifixion from a distance.

Nope. Learn to read. I clearly wrote:

Not a single one of the 12 disciples is recorded as standing at the foot of the cross to watch Jesus die.#339
The disciples we’re not there to smell his feet. They were watching from the distance the crucifixion so they could write about it.

That is simply not the case. There is absolutely no mention of a single disciple being anywhere near the crucifixion site never mind the cross. They all scattered after the arrest and went into hiding.

learn to read. The women mentioned were: Mary, mother of James and Joseph/Joses is mentioned by Matthew and Mark. The others are mentioned by one gospel only: Mary, the mother of Jesus; Mary, the mother of the sons of Zebedee; Salome; a sister of Mary, mother of Jesus; Mary of Clopas

Yes I know about the women looking from afar in one gospel, and yet another gospel has them within speaking distance to Christ . But not a single mention of a single one of the 12 disciples being anywhere near their lord and master at the time he was nailed up and losing his faith in his "father".

And you still haven't answered this>. What is it that the bible records Jesus being offered on a sponge? 
Matthew 27:48 Immediately one of them ran and got a sponge. He filled it with wine vinegar, put it on a staff, and offered it to Jesus to drink.

Now tell me what kind of friend would give a dying thirsty man Vinger to drink?

Roman soldier ...............unnamed in the Bible, who offered Jesus a sponge soaked in vinegar wine at the Crucifixion.

That is not what I asked, and you wouldn't know either way what this person's name was or if indeed he were Roman or Jew.. the BIBLE doesn't say so does it!?
It simply says:

John 19:
28 ........I thirst.
29 Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth.

So tell me, what are the medicinal properties of hysopp and of vinagar?

Shila
Shila
-->
@Stephen
Roman soldier ...............unnamed in the Bible, who offered Jesus a sponge soaked in vinegar wine at the Crucifixion.
We have  other sources that corroborated the Bible.
Stephaton, or Steven, is the name given in medieval Christian traditions to the Roman soldier or bystander, unnamed in the Bible, who offered Jesus a sponge soaked in vinegar wine at the Crucifixion.

The vinegar was used as an analgesic to ease the pain.
That is not what I asked, and you wouldn't know either way what this person's name was or if indeed he were Roman or Jew.. the BIBLE doesn't say so does it!?
We have  other sources that corroborated the Bible.

It simply says:

John 19:
28 ........I thirst.
29 Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth.

So tell me, what are the medicinal properties of hysopp and of vinagar?

hyssop, (Hyssopus officinalis), evergreen garden herb of the mint family (Lamiaceae), grown for its aromatic leaves and flowers. The plant has a sweet scent and a warm bitter taste and has long been used as a flavouring for foods and beverages and as a folk medicine
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Shila
You lied when you posted, “Or when shila  tried to tell me that a British Prime Minister is also the PM of Australia.”

Nope. You supported and agreed that fkn clown tradesecret when he said the PM of England was also the PM of Australia and the Commonwealth. 

Tell me thicko, as you say, the UK now has a new PM. Is he also the PM of Australia and the Commonwealth?

And I am English and DO know better than that clown.

Then when he got caught out right telling lies about himself AGAIN then he tried to recover by coming up with all kinds of shite as to what he only "believes he is entitled to call a British Prime minister" and you fkn supported and helped him perpetuate his lie. What he believes he is " entitled "to call my British PM and what my PM actually is and what country and people he actually does represent are two different things all together.

he slipped up. This is the clown that also says he is a New Zealander, and his first language is Greek.

Show us where he said, the PM of England was also the PM of Australia and the Commonwealth. 

He starts here#100 saying "our PM". He must have forgotten for a minute that he was actually Australian. That is what a complete and utter dunce he is. And this is the same man that tells us that he "was taught to memorise the bible from a very early age".  And is all you did was encourage and help him perpetuate his lies.
 Congratulations, You are sicker as he is.
then here

then here
then here
then here

Now enough of this idiot and stick to your thread.

Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
Hello Dippy one.

When did I say that the British PM was also an Australian PM?

You just twist things so much.  I have said 

Our British PM.

I have talked about the British PM being a PM of the Commonwealth. 

I have even linked to all of the different PMs in the Commonwealth. 

Yes, I am an Aussie. I don't think the British PM is also the Australian PM. I never said it was.  

You REALLY are an Idiot and you should learn to read and you should stop being such an arrogant prat who demonstrates stupidity at every turn. I get it. You hate me and despise me.  Good for you. But stop lying and stop calling me a liar.  And Get a life. 
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
Brother Thomas, 

Quack quack. 
Shila
Shila
-->
@Stephen

And I am English and DO know better than that clown. 

Then when he got caught out right telling lies about himself AGAIN then he tried to recover by coming up with all kinds of shite as to what he only "believes he is entitled to call a British Prime minister" and you fkn supported and helped him perpetuate his lie. What he believes he is " entitled "to call my British PM and what my PM actually is and what country and people he actually does represent are two different things all together. 

he slipped up. This is the clown that also says he is a New Zealander, and his first language is Greek.

He starts here#100 saying "our PM". He must have forgotten for a minute that he was actually Australian. That is what a complete and utter dunce he is. And this is the same man that tells us that he "was taught to memorise the bible from a very early age".  And is all you did was encourage and help him perpetuate his lies.
 Congratulations, You are sicker as he is.
then here

then here
So your Australian PM is English, is he? 🤣
TS reply: No, our PM is very Australian. 

then here

then here
TS reply: No, our PM is very Australian. Yet Australia is part of the Commonwealth so I am quite entitled to view every PM in the commonwealth as ours. Just as every nation in the Commonwealth is entitled to call the King our Majesty. 

Shila Context. UK is exiting the  EU (BREXIT), the British PM Luz Truss reigned. So the Reverent  might be right. The only PM in the commonwealth is Australian.
TS corrects Shila: I am surprised by your support - but just for the record, the British Commonwealth has many more than one PM.   It has 32 in fact.  

Now enough of this idiot and stick to your thread. 
Count the number of times Tradesecret said, “No, our PM is very Australian.” That is 3 times.
That should have settled your doubts about your own PM.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Tradesecret
--> @Stephen
Hello Dippy one.

When did I say that the British PM was also an Australian PM?

You just twist things so much.  I have said 

Our British PM.

I have talked about the British PM being a PM of the Commonwealth. 

I have even linked to all of the different PMs in the Commonwealth. 

Yes, I am an Aussie. I don't think the British PM is also the Australian PM. I never said it was.  

You REALLY are an Idiot and you should learn to read and you should stop being such an arrogant prat who demonstrates stupidity at every turn. I get it. You hate me and despise me.  Good for you. But stop lying and stop calling me a liar.  And Get a life. 

TS reply: No, our PM is very Australian. Yet Australia is part of the Commonwealth so I am quite entitled to view every PM in the commonwealth as ours. Just as every nation in the Commonwealth is entitled to call the King our Majesty. 

I listed the many times you told Stephen, “No, our PM is very Australian.”  

He just doesn't get it!!

Shila
Shila
-->
@Tradesecret
--> @BrotherD.Thomas
Brother Thomas, 

Quack quack. 
I knew he was a quack when it came to the Bible. But a double quack quack!!! 
How do people get away with all this on DebateArt?

Shila
Shila
The miracle that went unnoticed the ascension of Jesus to modernity

“From the ancient Christian point of view, not only was the tomb empty. Not only did Jesus appear to many disciples after he died. He also saved what is in many ways the greatest miracle of all for last. The Gentiles began to repent, and convert, and convert. And they are still converting today. The Church is still here, after two thousand years, spreading throughout the world. What began as a little stone “cut out by no human hand”—with one Jew from Nazareth and his tiny band of followers—has indeed become, as the prophet Daniel foretold, “a great mountain and filled the whole earth” (Daniel 2:34-35).

Indeed, how does one explain the universality of the Church? I guess you could argue that it was a coincidence. I guess you could claim that the many passages in the Old Testament prophesying that one day the pagan nations of the world would turn and worship the God of Abraham just happened to take place after the death and resurrection of Jesus (see Isaiah 2:1-3; 25:6-8; 66:18-21; Jeremiah 3:15-18; Micah 4:1-2; Zechariah 8:20-23). “I guess you could also claim that these mass conversions among the pagans just happened to coincide with the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth, who just happened to live and die at the very time that the book of Daniel said the Messiah would come. And I guess you could believe that after Jesus was crucified, the tomb just happened to be inexplicably empty and hundreds of disciples of Jesus began claiming to have seen him alive again in his body. I guess you could claim all this. I, for one, prefer the simpler explanation. Jesus of Nazareth was right. The Son of Man was crucified. The Son of Man was buried. The Son of Man was raised on the third day. The tomb was empty. It still is. And the Gentiles turn to the God of Israel in droves. Because something greater than Jonah is here.”

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Shila
Count the number of times Tradesecret said, “No, our PM is very Australian.” That is 3 times.

He does I agee.  But only AFTER I challenged his claim that MY English PM was also Australia's PM.
His second claim and AFTER I reminded him that he was Australian was to say - " I am entitled to call him my MP".  which is also bullshite.

You are just ignoring these facts which makes you sicker than he.  You also missed the fact that he ALSO claimed that MY PM was a member of the commonwealth, so he was also entitled to call MY PM his MP. I had to remind him, and YOU that ALL commonwealth countries have their own PM's  and told you to google it.
The irony came when HE went and researched it for you and agreed that I was correct.  But YOU continued to support his bullshit claims.
 Now just fk off and stick to your ruined and boring thread. I won't engage you any longer on either subject matter.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Stephen
--> @Shila

He does I agee.  But only AFTER I challenged his claim that MY English PM was also Australia's PM. 
His second claim and AFTER I reminded him that he was Australian was to say - " I am entitled to call him my MP".  which is also bullshite.

You are just ignoring these facts which makes you sicker than he.  You also missed the fact that he ALSO claimed that MY PM was a member of the commonwealth, so he was also entitled to call MY PM his MP. I had to remind him, and YOU that ALL commonwealth countries have their own PM's  and told you to google it.
The irony came when HE went and researched it for you and agreed that I was correct.  But YOU continued to support his bullshit claims.
 Now just fk off and stick to your ruined and boring thread. I won't engage you any longer on either subject matter.
You agree with Tradesecret then look for something to disagree and then return to argue.

TS reply: No, our PM is very Australian.

TS reply: No, our PM is very Australian.

TS reply: No, our PM is very Australian. Yet Australia is part of the Commonwealth so I am quite entitled to view every PM in the commonwealth as ours. Just as every nation in the Commonwealth is entitled to call the King our Majesty.

I listed the many times Tradesecret wrote, “No, our PM is very Australian.” 

You just don’t  get it!!

Shila
Shila
How Britain’s ‘first lady’ Akshata Murthy is ‘richer than the king’: the wife of UK’s next prime minister Rishi Sunak comes from an Indian billionaire family – and wears Gucci and Valentino.

They’re rich, famous and about to become the UK’s leading political couple. Britain’s next prime minister Rishi Sunak, 42, and his millionaire wife Akshata Murthy, also 42, are no strangers to the headlines and boast a net worth of nearly a billion bucks, (well, US$911.9 million to be exact, per Hindustan Times). Multiple reports indicate that the duo have a fortune wealthier than that of Britain’s King Charles!

India once a British colony have achieved its goal to one day rule Britain. Should Rishi Sunak succeed in his role as PM, he could just as easily replace Britain’s King Charles! who is not as qualified or popular.

PM Rishi Sunak is a staunch Hindu and Britain is a Christian country. It is only a matter of time before the Brits take to the streets singing Hare Krishna Hare Rama in celebration.
Shila
Shila
Here is a great article about “Who is Jesus Christ for us today?”

“I suggest that white evangelical Christianity has produced four flawed versions of Jesus. Which version is presented in various churches depends a lot on who the preacher is and how local traditions develop; and undoubtedly sometimes multiple versions of Jesus are presented in one church.

Here is my list of pseudo-Jesuses:

Jesus the Crucified Savior. The primary function of this Jesus is to come into this dark world to die on the cross so that we believers might be forgiven our sins and go to heaven when we die.

This was the primary version of Jesus I was first exposed to in Southern Baptist Christianity. Jesus loves you and died on the cross for your sins. This Jesus can easily be rooted in the New Testament, although not mainly in the synoptic Gospels. Paul’s writings are a central source of this vision of Jesus, as is John’s Gospel.

This is a defensible Jesus, in New Testament terms. But there is a lot missed with this version of Jesus. Specifically, this Jesus has no necessary moral content. He doesn’t really ask anything of believers other than belief. He doesn’t really care about anything other than eternal salvation. This Jesus can produce churches filled with people who believe they are saved but have no particular idea about whether Jesus has anything to say about how we live now. This means we will need to look elsewhere for guidelines for personal and social morality. “Elsewhere” is dangerous territory.

Hallmark Christmas Movie Jesus. This is the kind, attentive, ruggedly handsome guy we sing about sometimes. This is the Jesus whom we ask to “hold me,” one who is there “when I am weak and he is strong,” and “when I am down, he lifts me up.” This Jesus is the best (platonic) boyfriend or bro-friend I could possibly have, the one who is there for me all the time, my comfort and encourager. He also runs a really nice Christmas-related operation, so that’s a plus. (This is a joke about Hallmark Christmas movies, which always feature a lonely guy in a cute small town who runs something like a mistletoe shop or candy cane store and just needs a good wife.)

This is a highly sentimentalized Jesus, whose main role is our emotional stabilization in a trying world. This is a Jesus who again doesn’t make moral demands. He doesn’t help me think about what faith requires in action. He just wants to comfort me and look good in flannel.

Jesus Who Wants You to Succeed. This latest Jesus is a staple megachurch evangelical Jesus. In suburban evangelicalism, this is the Jesus who offers success principles for leadership and life to upwardly striving young professionals. In prosperity gospel land, this is the Jesus who wants you to be as wealthy, lovely and thin as the pretty leaders on stage.

I see little contact between this Jesus and the New Testament. This is also not a Jesus who could help me understand why I can’t follow Hitler and Jesus at the same time.

Vacant Jesus — Fillable with Any Content We Want. This Jesus, having been distanced so profoundly from his Jewish roots, his account of himself and any New Testament depictions, is a mere shell, symbol or totem. This is a Jesus always available to be filled with whatever content we might like to drop in there.

The way you get to this Jesus is by systematically ignoring the Jesus one meets in the Gospels. Or, if he is not ignored, we find ways to evade what he said, to thin down his theological vision and moral demands as far as possible, to shave away anything that might make a claim on us.

This Vacant Jesus is not just useless. He can be positively harmful. This can be the Jesus of the KKK, the Race God Savior of My People Only, #MAGA Jesus or Football Jesus or Corporate Jesus or Straight White American Jesus. Vacant Jesus is always available to be the totem of my tribe, my class, my race, my party, providing ultimate religious justification for whatever I most strongly believe in.

The most dangerous thing about Vacant Jesus is that we can deploy him to reverse the actual demands of the real Jesus.”

Shila
Shila
 “Jesus according to Jesus” — the core depiction of Jesus himself as presented in the synoptic Gospels. This very core Jesus, the most basic Jesus, looked like this:
  1. Jesus created and articulated the Love Command as the highest statement of moral obligation: love God with everything you have, and love your neighbor as yourself.
  2. Jesus placed priority on the poor. This was visible in his preaching, his parables and his actions.
  3. Jesus offered welcome to sinners. He also taught that welcoming sinners is what God does. This drew criticism because it upset the expectations of those around him.
  4. Jesus demonstrated openness to Gentiles. He taught that many will come from all directions to the messianic banquet, he ministered to many Gentiles, and he commissioned the disciples after his resurrection to go and make disciples of all nations.
  5. Jesus included women among his close followers. He gave women a vital role in his ministry, including them among his band of followers, ministering to them just the same as to men, and appearing to them after his resurrection.
  6. Jesus demonstrated openness and love to children. People brought sick kids to Jesus and he healed them. Jesus’ rejected the disciples’ efforts to shoo them aside. He elevated a certain kind of innocent childlikeness.
  7. Jesus relaxed Jewish food laws and related regulations about purity. He emphasized inward rather than external cleanness.
  8. Jesus instituted the Lord’s Supper. This unforgettable last meal with Jesus became an important part of the ritual life of the early church and provides a link between the ministry of Jesus, his death and the practice of his followers.
  9. Jesus proclaimed the kingdom of God, which he understood as already evident in his ministry but also with a grand consummation lying ahead. He offered powerful, authoritative teaching and was notable for his striking parables.
  10. Jesus healed and exorcised demons through the power of the Holy Spirit.
  11. Jesus understood himself as commissioned by God for ministry, sent by God his loving Father, anointed by the Spirit, coming as messiah of Israel.
  12. Jesus understood that, contrary to common expectation, his messiahship meant suffering, rejection and death rather than triumph. He expected to die in Jerusalem, and he did.

Shila
Shila
-->
@Stephen
--> @BrotherD.Thomas
Tradesecret, your problem has always been that you think that the membership is as stupid as you are, and LIE like you do adinfinitum to try and get out of predicaments that I and others easily place you in!

Nail on head Brother D.
Do you and BrotherD. seriously believe you can build a fence around Tradesecret with just 3 nails? BrotherD.has been hammering the same 3 nails in the fence since the construction began. Lol!!
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Shila
Nope. Any more questions about that dulcet dunce tradesecret  I suggest you refer them to tradesecret.

and I will remind you that you are cross threading which is against the CoC rules. Be carful

You have taken an unrelated post from this thread here>The logic of Bible - The Ultimate logic (debateart.com)
and reposted it here>#377 on this thread

Shila
Shila
-->
@Stephen
--> @Shila
Nope. Any more questions about that dulcet dunce tradesecret  I suggest you refer them to tradesecret.

and I will remind you that you are cross threading which is against the CoC rules. Be carful

You have taken an unrelated post from this thread here>The logic of Bible - The Ultimate logic (debateart.com)
and reposted it here>#377 on this thread
I needed your link to show how you and BrotherD. expects to build a fence to keep out Tradesecret  with just 3 nails.

Do you and BrotherD. seriously believe you can build a fence around Tradesecret with just 3 nails? BrotherD.has been hammering the same 3 nails in the fence since the construction began. Lol!!
Shila
Shila
Who is Jesus Christ for us today?
Let me close by suggesting there are really three broad options in how we understand Jesus.
There is Jesus-according-to-Jesus, seen in the very first layer of Christian tradition. The Jesus who preached the kingdom of God. The radical, apocalyptic, healing, prophetic Jesus. The Jesus who opposed the authorities of his time in radical love for the poor, sinners, Gentiles, women, children, all who are oppressed, which took him all the way to the cross. This Jesus asked not only for belief but for imitation and obedience of his way of life, filled with specific moral content, and moral demand.

“Jesus asked not only for belief but for imitation and obedience of his way of life.”
Then there is Crucified Savior Jesus, visible in the New Testament but somewhat distant from the synoptic Gospels. This is Jesus who dies an atoning sacrificial death for human sin. This is certainly a biblically defensible vision, but one which largely misses the Jesus we meet in the synoptic Gospels and offers little guidance for life.
But finally, there’s the Jesus we Christians have pretty much just made up. Hallmark Jesus, Success Jesus, Vacant Jesus — so remote from Jesus, so alien from the New Testament, so easily made into a vessel of hellish ideologies or opiate complacency.
Any version of Christianity that loses the primal Jesus of the Gospels is at risk of moral emptiness, seduction and collapse.
I call for a fresh wind of study, preaching and discipleship recommitment to the Jesus we meet in the primal core of the synoptic Gospels. This is the prophetic, radical, just, powerful, defiant preacher of the dawning reign of God. The one who both tells us and shows us how to live. The one who makes it clear that we cannot serve both him and anyone else.
Shila
Shila
Here is an exchange between Shila and BrotherD.
This is a good example why building a case for the Historical Jesus is important. It helps us understand the different views people hold of Jesus some bordering on the extreme.

Shila wrote: “We now know the Jesus you worship is very different from the Jesus Christians worship.

Here is how you described the Jesus you worship BrotherD.:
BrotherD wrote: “our Jesus we worship, as the Serial Killer Yahweh God incarnate, was embarrassingly, greedy, jealous, selfish, self-centered, petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capricious, and malevolent!

Why are you blaspheming Jesus, BrotherD.?"

HELLO SHILA BIBLE FOOL!  I am NOT blaspheming Jesus because I have described Jesus' true historical modus operandi within the scriptures in Jesus being Yahweh God incarnate, of which you are obviously unaware of because of your complete Bible stupidity!  Now, once again, are you ready to discuss the aforementioned TRUE statements relative to Jesus, or are you going to run away from them and go into hiding,  just like the equally Bible ignorant Tradesecret continually does? 
BrotherD., You even  deny you are blaspheming Jesus after your reconfirmation in quotes,  “I am NOT blaspheming Jesus because I have have described Jesus' true historical modus operandi within the scriptures in Jesus being Yahweh God incarnate, of which you are obviously unaware of because of your complete Bible stupidity!  
Our Jesus we worship, as the Serial Killer Yahweh God incarnate, was embarrassingly, greedy, jealous, selfish, self-centered, petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capricious, and malevolent!

Again, remember dear, this thread is about the "Historical Jesus," therefore the MO of Jesus as I have shown above is pertinent to your ungodly thread!
BrotherD., Your MO of Jesus is nothing like the Historical Jesus based on the Bible or historical sources Shila used to build the case of the Historical Jesus.
Waiting for your response!
BrotherD., Think carefully what you said, “ I am NOT blaspheming Jesus because I have described Jesus' true historical modus operandi within the scriptures in Jesus being Yahweh God incarnate, of which you are obviously unaware of because of your complete Bible stupidity! Our Jesus we worship, as the Serial Killer Yahweh God incarnate, was embarrassingly, greedy, jealous, selfish, self-centered, petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capricious, and malevolent!

Shila
Shila
Members who are following the case for the Historical Jesus will be shocked to read that Jesus is not  found in the Torah.

Torah  is the Hebrew word for “instruction.” The Torah is most widely known as the five books of Moses. Another word for Torah is “Pentateuch,” which is more widely used in some Jewish nations. Like the Talmud, the Torah is also a very religious manuscript. They both contain religious writings important to the Jewish community. The Torah is basically the Hebrew Bible – it contains the 613 commandments, and is the whole context of Jewish laws and traditions.
Some people may say that the Torah is the Old Testament. To the Jewish people, the concept of the Old Testament is not widely used. It is, in fact, unfamiliar for them. There is also no such thing as the New Testament in the scriptures of the Jews; the books that Christians call the New Testament are not part of their scriptures. “Tanakh” is the Jewish term for the written Old Testament. Most people from find it hard to distinguish between the two Jewish concepts just from their definitions. The key difference is that the Torah mainly describes the initial five chapters of the Hebrew Bible (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy). To put it simply, the Torah comprises the entirety of Jewish law and tradition. Under Jewish beliefs, Moses received the Torah as a written text alongside an oral version or commentary. This oral section is now what the Jews call the Talmud. The Talmud depicts the primary codification (by Rabbi Judah the Prince) of the Jewish decrees.

Is Jesus found in the Talmud?

The Talmud is the most vital manuscript of the conventional Judaism religion. It is literally the Hebrew word for “learning,” and is sometimes referred to as the six orders of the Mishnah. The Talmud contains the history of the Jewish religion, as well as their laws and beliefs. It is the basic tool for learning the ethics behind the customs of their religion.

Judaism Torah
The oral Torah, or the Talmud, explains the meaning behind the written texts so it is easier for people to apply them in their daily lives. The scriptures are a vital part of how they should live. All the oral traditions were compiled and called the Mishnah. Over the years, more commentaries are added to the Mishnah – these are referred to as the Gemara. There are two kinds of Talmud: the Babylonian Talmud (the more complete one and more widely used of the two) and the Jerusalem Talmud.

The Jewish law being practiced by modern Jews is mostly based on the Torah; a lot of people actually say that the Torah is the most important reference in the Jewish community. However, Jews still base some of their practices in Rabbinic Judaism on the Talmud.
All in all, the commentary of the sages, including their writings within the debate between Jews about the Torah, is what we now call the Talmud. Its purpose is to help people follow the rules of the Torah.

Possible Talmudic references to Jesus
There are several Talmudic passages that are said to be referring to Jesus. The following are among those considered the most controversial, contested, and possibly the most notable.
Our rabbis taught Jesus the Nazarene had five disciples, and these are they: Matthai, Naqqai, Netzer, Buni, and Todah.

The master said: Jesus the Nazarene practiced magic and deceived and led Israel astray.
"Jesus son of Stada is Jesus son of Pandira?"
Rav Hisda said, "The husband was Stada and the lover was Pandera."
"But was not the husband Pappos son of Yehuda and the mother Stada?"
No, his mother was Miriam, who let her hair grow long and was called Stada. Pumbedita says about her: "She was unfaithful to her husband."

On the eve of Passover, Jesus the Nazarene was hanged and a herald went forth before him forty days heralding, "Jesus the Nazarene is going forth to be stoned because he practiced sorcery and instigated and seduced Israel to idolatry. Whoever knows anything in defense may come and state it." But since they did not find anything in his defense they hanged him on the eve of Passover. Ulla said: "Do you suppose that Jesus the Nazarene was one for whom a defense could be made? He was a mesit (someone who instigated Israel to idolatry), concerning whom the Merciful [God] says: Show him no compassion and do not shield him (Deut. 13:9). With Jesus the Nazarene it was different. For he was close to the government."

There are still noticeable challenges to the identification of Yeshu as Jesus, as elsewhere in the Talmud his stepfather, Pappos ben Yehuda, is mentioned as being martyred with Rabbi Akiva[6] and is himself mentioned as being among the Pharisees returning to Israel following their persecution by John Hyrcanus,[5] which would place Yeshu's lifetime anywhere between 130 after and 70 years before the birth of Jesus.

Continued….

Shila
Shila
Continued from previous post…

Specific references to Jesus.

Sanhedrin 43a[79] relates the trial and execution of a sorcerer named Jesus (Yeshu in Hebrew) and his five disciples. The sorcerer is stoned and hanged on the Eve of Passover.[80]
Sanhedrin 107[81] tells of a Jesus ("Yeshu") who "offended his teacher by paying too much attention to the inn-keeper's wife. Jesus wished to be forgiven, but [his rabbi] was too slow to forgive him, and Jesus in despair went away and put up a brick [idol] and worshipped it."[82]
In Gittin 56b and 57a,[83] a story is told in which Onkelos summons up the spirit of a Yeshu who sought to harm Israel. He describes his punishment in the afterlife as boiling in excrement.[84][85]
Some scholars claim that the Hebrew name Yeshu is not a short form of the name Yeshua, but rather an acrostic for the Hebrew phrase "may his name and memory be blotted out" created by taking the first letter of the Hebrew words.[86]
In addition, at the 1240 Disputation of Paris, Donin presented the allegation that the Talmud was blasphemous towards Mary, the mother of Jesus (Miriam in Hebrew), and this criticism has been repeated by many Christian sources.[87] The texts cited by critics include Sanhedrin 67a,[88] Sanhedrin 106a,[89] and Shabbath 104b.[90] However, the references to Mary are not specific, and some assert that they do not refer to Jesus' mother, or perhaps refer to Mary Magdalen.[91]

Summary
Scholars have identified the following references in the Talmud that some conclude refer to Jesus:[92]
  • Jesus as a sorcerer with disciples (b Sanh 43a–b)
  • Healing in the name of Jesus (Hul 2:22f; AZ 2:22/12; y Shab 124:4/13; QohR 1:8; b AZ 27b)
  • As a Torah teacher (b AZ 17a; Hul 2:24; QohR 1:8)
  • As a son or disciple that turned out badly (Sanh 103a/b; Ber 17b)
  • As a frivolous disciple who practiced magic and turned to idolatry (Sanh 107b; Sot 47a)
  • Jesus' punishment in afterlife (b Git 56b, 57a)
  • Jesus' execution (b Sanh 43a-b)
  • Jesus as the son of Mary (Shab 104b, Sanh 67a)
As a sorcerer with disciples
Sanhedrin 43a relates the trial and execution of Jesus and his five disciples.[93] Here, Jesus is a sorcerer who has enticed other Jews to apostasy. A herald is sent to call for witnesses in his favour for forty days before his execution. No one comes forth and in the end he is stoned and hanged on the Eve of Passover. His five disciples, named Matai, Nekai, Netzer, Buni, and Todah are then tried. Word play is made on each of their names, and they are executed. It is mentioned that leniency could not be applied because of Jesus' influence with the royal government (malkhut).

The full passage is:

The Rabbis taught, Yeshu had five disciples: Mattai, Nakai, Buni, and Todah. They brought Mattai in, he said, "Shall Mattai be executed? Isn't it written, ‘When (māṯay) can I go and meet with God?’" They said to him, "Yes, Mattai shall be executed, for it is written, ‘When (māṯay) will he die and his name perish?’"

They brought Nakai in, he said, "Shall Nakai be executed? Isn't it written, ‘Do not kill the innocent (nāqī) and righteous’?" They said to him, ‘Yes, Nakai shall be executed, for it is written, ‘In the hiding places he kills the innocent (nāqī).’"

They brought Netzer in, he said, "Shall Netzer be executed? Isn't it written, ‘and a branch (nēṣer) shall grow out of his roots’?" They said to him, ‘Yes, Netzer shall be executed, for it is written, ‘But you are cast out of your tomb like a rejected branch (nēṣer).’"

They brought Buni in, he said, "Shall Buni be executed? Isn't it written, ‘Israel is my firstborn son (bənī)’?" They said to him, "Yes, Buni shall be executed, for it is written, ‘I will kill your firstborn son (bīnḵā).’"

They brought Todah in, he said, "Shall Todah be executed? Isn't it written, ‘A psalm of thanksgiving (tōḏā)’?" They said to him, "Yes, Todah shall be executed, for it is written, ‘The one who offers thanksgiving (tōḏā) as his sacrifice glorifies Me.’"

— Sanhedrin 43a

Shila
Shila
Jesus in the Talmud

Scattered throughout the Talmud, the founding document of rabbinic Judaism in late antiquity, can be found quite a few references to Jesus — and they’re not flattering. In this lucid, richly detailed, and accessible book, Peter Schäfer examines how the rabbis of the Talmud read, understood, and used the New Testament Jesus narrative to assert, ultimately, Judaism’s superiority over Christianity.

The Talmudic stories make fun of Jesus’ birth from a virgin, fervently contest his claim to be the Messiah and Son of God, and maintain that he was rightfully executed as a blasphemer and idolater. They subvert the Christian idea of Jesus’ resurrection and insist he got the punishment he deserved in hell — and that a similar fate awaits his followers.

Schäfer contends that these stories betray a remarkable familiarity with the Gospels — especially Matthew and John — and represent a deliberate and sophisticated anti-Christian polemic that parodies the New Testament narratives. He carefully distinguishes between Babylonian and Palestinian sources, arguing that the rabbis’ proud and self-confident countermessage to that of the evangelists was possible only in the unique historical setting of Persian Babylonia, in a Jewish community that lived in relative freedom. The same could not be said of Roman and Byzantine Palestine, where the Christians aggressively consolidated their political power and the Jews therefore suffered.

A departure from past scholarship, which has played down the stories as unreliable distortions of the historical Jesus, Jesus in the Talmud posits a much more deliberate agenda behind these narratives.

Shila
Shila
Members who are following the case for the Historical Jesus will be shocked to read that Jesus was mocked both in the Talmud and New Testament.

Jesus in the New Testament compared to the Talmud.

The Talmudic stories make fun of Jesus’ birth from a virgin, fervently contest his claim to be the Messiah and Son of God, and maintain that he was rightfully executed as a blasphemer and idolater. They subvert the Christian idea of Jesus’ resurrection and insist he got the punishment he deserved in hell — and that a similar fate awaits his followers.

Jesus is mocked in the New Testament too.

Matthew 20:19 and will hand Him over to the Gentiles to mock and scourge and crucify Him, and on the third day He will be raised up.”

Mark 10:34 They will mock Him and spit on Him, and scourge Him and kill Him, and three days later He will rise again.”

Luke 18:32 For He will be handed over to the Gentiles, and will be mocked and mistreated and spit upon,

Matthew 27:29 And after twisting together a crown of thorns, they put it on His head, and a reed in His right hand; and they knelt down before Him and mocked Him, saying, “Hail, King of the Jews!”

Matthew 27:31 After they had mocked Him, they took the scarlet robe off Him and put His own garments back on Him, and led Him away to crucify Him.

Mark 15:20 After they had mocked Him, they took the purple robe off Him and put His own garments on Him. And they *led Him out to crucify Him.

Luke 22:63 Now the men who were holding Jesus in custody were mocking Him and beating Him

Matthew 27:41 In the same way the chief priests also, along with the scribes and elders, were mocking Him and saying,

Mark 15:31 In the same way the chief priests also, along with the scribes, were mocking Him among themselves and saying, “He saved others; He cannot save Himself.

Luke 23:11 And Herod with his soldiers, after treating Him with contempt and mocking Him, dressed Him in a gorgeous robe and sent Him back to Pilate.

Luke 23:36 The soldiers also mocked Him, coming up to Him, offering Him sour wine,

Luke 16:14 Now the Pharisees, who were lovers of money, were listening to all these things and were scoffing at Him.

Luke 23:35 And the people stood by, looking on. And even the rulers were sneering at Him, saying, “He saved others; let Him save Himself if this is the Christ of God, His Chosen One.”

Acts 17:32 Now when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some began to sneer, but others said, “We shall hear you again concerning this.”

Other comparisons:

BrotherD., mocks Jesus on this very thread, “ I am NOT blaspheming Jesus because I have described Jesus' true historical modus operandi within the scriptures in Jesus being Yahweh God incarnate, of which you are obviously unaware of because of your complete Bible stupidity! Our Jesus we worship, as the Serial Killer Yahweh God incarnate, was embarrassingly, greedy, jealous, selfish, self-centered, petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capricious, and malevolent!

I am trying to get the Hebrew translation to BrotherD. portrayal  of Jesus so I can go back to the Talmud to find equivalent adjectives for Jesus that Jews used to justify his crucifixion.

rosends
rosends
some other resources:

Shila
Shila
-->
@rosends

I am trying to get the Hebrew translation to BrotherD. portrayal  of Jesus so I can go back to the Talmud to find equivalent adjectives for Jesus that Jews used to justify his crucifixion.

BrotherD., mocks Jesus on this very thread, “ I am NOT blaspheming Jesus because I have described Jesus' true historical modus operandi within the scriptures in Jesus being Yahweh God incarnate, of which you are obviously unaware of because of your complete Bible stupidity! Our Jesus we worship, as the Serial Killer Yahweh God incarnate, was embarrassingly, greedy, jealous, selfish, self-centered, petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capricious, and malevolent!

Thank you  Rabbi Rosends. I glanced through your link and reached the same conclusion that both the Torah and Talmud do not mention Jesus. So there was little justification for the Jews to demand Jesus’s crucifixion.
The fact the  Jews went through several displacements  from their homeland and suffered persecution and antisemitism since the beginning of their history and no Messiah showed up , should be considered evidence that Jews identify with Jesus and share a common destiny with Jesus.
Matthew 27:46 About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”).

Sorry I could not give you a Talmudic reference.

Conclusion

It seems clear by now that there is no consensus whether Jesus is mentioned at all in the Talmud. Most of the supposed "blasphemies" of Jesus and Mary in the Talmud do not refer to them at all. However, there can be no denying, and no rabbi would deny this, that the authors of the Talmud did not believe in Jesus' messiahship or his divinity. If you are looking for Christian fellowship then Jewish literature is not the place to look. However, there is no basis at all to state unequivocably that the Talmud calls Jesus a bastard or that Mary was a prostitute who had sex with many men. As has been shown, those passages definitely do not refer to Jesus.

Shila
Shila
Jesus in the Talmud.
Excerpts from Rabbi Rosends link.

Bastard.
The Accusation
Insults Against Blessed Mary, Sanhedrin 106a . Says Jesus' mother was a whore: "She who was the descendant of princes and governors played the harlot with carpenters." Also in footnote #2 to Shabbath 104b it is stated that in the "uncensored" text of the Talmud it is written that Jesus mother, "Miriam the hairdresser," had sex with many men.
"Jesus was a bastard born of adultery." (Yebamoth 49b, p.324). 
"Mary was a whore: Jesus (Balaam) was an evil man." (Sanhedrin 106a &b, p.725). 
"Jesus was a magician and a fool. Mary was an adulteress". (Shabbath 104b, p.504).

R. Shimon ben Azzai said: I found a book of geneologies in Jerusalem and in it is written "The man Plony is a bastard."

Balaam
R. Yochanan said (regarding Balaam): In the beginning a prophet, in the end a sorcerer. 
Rav Papa said: As people say, "She was the descendant of princes and rulers, she played the harlot with carpenters."

The Accusation
Gloats over Jesus Dying Young, A passage from Sanhedrin 106 gloats over the early age at which Jesus died: "Hast thou heard how old Balaam (Jesus) was?--He replied: It is not actually stated but since it is written, Bloody and deceitful men shall not live out half their days it follows that he was thirty-three or thirty-four years old."

The passage
A sectarian said to R. Chanina: Do you know how old Balaam was?  [R. Chanina] replied: It is not written.  However, since it says (Psalms 55:24) "Men of bloodshed and deceit will not live out half their days..." he was 33 or 34.  [The heretic] said: You said well.  I have seen the chronicle of Balaam and it said "At 33 years Balaam the lame was killed by Pinchas (Phineas) the robber."

Sifrei on Deuteronomy 34:10 
"Never again did there arise in Israel a prophet like Moses" - But in other nations there did arise.  Who? Balaam the son of Beor.  But there is a difference between Moses's prophecy and Balaam's prophecy.
Moses did not know who spoke to him but Balaam knew who spoke to him, as it says (Numbers 24:16) "The words of the one who hears the sayings of G-d..."

Moses did not know when G-d would speak to him until he was spoken to but Balaam knew when He would speak, as it says (ibid.) "Who knows the knowledge of the Supreme One..."

With Moses, G-d would not speak to him until he was standing, as it says (Deuteronomy 5:28) "But as for you, stand here with Me..."  But with Balaam, G-d would speak to him even while fallen, as it says (Numbers 24:4) "Who sees the vision of the Almighty, while fallen with uncovered eyes."

Avot DeRabbi Natan 2:5 
Why is Job called (Job 1:8) "A perfect and upright man"?  To teach us that he was born circumcised.  Adam was also born circumcised as it says (Genesis 1:27) "So G-d created man in His image..."  Seth was also born circumcised as it says (ibid. 5:2 ) "He begot in his likeness and his image..."  Noah was also born circumcised... Shem was also born circumcised...  Jacob was also born circumcised...  Joseph was also born circumcised...  Moses was also born circumcised...  Even the wicked Balaam was born circumcised...  Samuel was also born circumcised...  David was also born circumcised...  Jeremiah was also born circumcised...  Zerubabel was also born circumcised...

Talmud Sanhedrin 106a 
Numbers (24:14) "Come, I shall advise you..."  Rabbi Abba bar Kahana said:  [Balaam] said to them: Their G-d hates promiscuity and they desire flaxen clothes.  Let me give you this advice.  Make tents and put old prostitutes in front of them and young ones inside...  When the Jews are walking in the market, the old lady offers to sell them clothes at market value and the young one offers it cheaper.  After two or three times she tells him that he is already a comfortable visitor and should choose what he wants, all the while a bottle of Amonite wine sitting beside her.  She offers him a glass of wine.  After he drinks it will burn him up and he will ask for sex.  She will take out her idol and demand that he worship it first.  He will say that he is a Jew and she will say that all she is asking is that he defecate [and he will not know that this is the worship of that idol].  She will also say that she will not sleep with him until he denounces the Torah of Moses.

Mishnah Avot 5:19 
Whosoever possesses these three qualities belongs to the disciples of Abraham our father: a generous eye, a humble spirit, and a meek soul.  But he who possesses the three opposite qualities -- an evil eye, a proud spirit, and a haughty soul -- is of the disciples of Balaam the wicked.
How do the disciples of Abraham differ from the disciples of Balaam? The disciples of Abraham enjoy this world and inherit the world to come, as it is written (Proverbs 8:21) "Endowing with wealth those who love me, and filling their treasuries." The disciples of Balaam inherit Gehenna and go down to the pit of destruction, as it is written (Psalm 55:23) "But you, O G-d, will cast them down into the lowest pit; the bloodthirsty and treacherous shall not live out half their days. But I will trust in you."

Professor Louis Ginzberg, "Some Observations on the Attitude of the Synagogue Towards the Apocalyptic-Eschatological Writings", Journal of Biblical Literature (1922), p. 121 n. 18
One may therefore state with absolute certainty that the entire Talmudic-Midrashic literature does not know of any nicknames for Jesus or his disciples.

John P. Meier, A Marginal Jew (1991), vol. 1 p. 95
For instance, a radical position is represented by Johann Maier, who maintains that not only the Mishna but also both Talmuds lack any authentic, direct mention of Jesus of Nazareth41...

In my opinion, Maier's arguments are especially convincing for the Mishna and other early rabbinic material: no text cited from that period really refers to Jesus.  He thus confirms the view I defend in this section.

41 See Johann Maier, Jesus von Nazareth in der talmudischen Uberlieferung (Ertrage der Forschung 82; Darmstadt: Wissenschaftliche Buchgesellschaft, 1978).  His position, which is argued in minute detail throughout the volume, is summarized on pp. 263-75.

The Accusation
Gittin 57a. Says Jesus is in hell, being boiled in "hot excrement."

The Text
[Onkelos Bar Kalonikus] called up Balaam from the dead.  [Onkelos] asked: Who is honored in that world?  [Balaam] replied: Israel. [Onkelos asked:] What about joining them?  [Balaam] replied: (Deut. 23:7) "You shall not seek their peace or welfare all your days."  [Onkelos] asked: What is your punishment?  [Balaam answered]: In boiling semen.
[Onkelos] called up Yeshu from the dead.  [Onkelos] asked: Who is honored in that world?  [Yeshu] replied: Israel.  [Onkelos asked:] What about joining them?  [Yeshu] replied: Seek their good.  Do not seek their bad.  Whoever touches them is as if he touched the pupil of his eye.  [Onkelos] asked: What is your punishment?  [Yeshu answered]: In boiling excrement.  As the mast said: Whoever mocks the words of the sages in punished in boiling excrement.

Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@Shila
Jesus in the Talmud.
Excerpts from Rabbi Rosends link.

Bastard.
The Accusation
Insults Against Blessed Mary, Sanhedrin 106a . Says Jesus' mother was a whore: "She who was the descendant of princes and governors played the harlot with carpenters." Also in footnote #2 to Shabbath 104b it is stated that in the "uncensored" text of the Talmud it is written that Jesus mother, "Miriam the hairdresser," had sex with many men.
"Jesus was a bastard born of adultery." (Yebamoth 49b, p.324). 
"Mary was a whore: Jesus (Balaam) was an evil man." (Sanhedrin 106a &b, p.725). 
"Jesus was a magician and a fool. Mary was an adulteress". (Shabbath 104b, p.504).

R. Shimon ben Azzai said: I found a book of geneologies in Jerusalem and in it is written "The man Plony is a bastard."

Balaam
R. Yochanan said (regarding Balaam): In the beginning a prophet, in the end a sorcerer. 
Rav Papa said: As people say, "She was the descendant of princes and rulers, she played the harlot with carpenters."

The Accusation
Gloats over Jesus Dying Young, A passage from Sanhedrin 106 gloats over the early age at which Jesus died: "Hast thou heard how old Balaam (Jesus) was?--He replied: It is not actually stated but since it is written, Bloody and deceitful men shall not live out half their days it follows that he was thirty-three or thirty-four years old."

The passage
A sectarian said to R. Chanina: Do you know how old Balaam was?  [R. Chanina] replied: It is not written.  However, since it says (Psalms 55:24) "Men of bloodshed and deceit will not live out half their days..." he was 33 or 34.  [The heretic] said: You said well.  I have seen the chronicle of Balaam and it said "At 33 years Balaam the lame was killed by Pinchas (Phineas) the robber."

Sifrei on Deuteronomy 34:10 
"Never again did there arise in Israel a prophet like Moses" - But in other nations there did arise.  Who? Balaam the son of Beor.  But there is a difference between Moses's prophecy and Balaam's prophecy.
Moses did not know who spoke to him but Balaam knew who spoke to him, as it says (Numbers 24:16) "The words of the one who hears the sayings of G-d..."

Moses did not know when G-d would speak to him until he was spoken to but Balaam knew when He would speak, as it says (ibid.) "Who knows the knowledge of the Supreme One..."

With Moses, G-d would not speak to him until he was standing, as it says (Deuteronomy 5:28) "But as for you, stand here with Me..."  But with Balaam, G-d would speak to him even while fallen, as it says (Numbers 24:4) "Who sees the vision of the Almighty, while fallen with uncovered eyes."

Avot DeRabbi Natan 2:5 
Why is Job called (Job 1:8) "A perfect and upright man"?  To teach us that he was born circumcised.  Adam was also born circumcised as it says (Genesis 1:27) "So G-d created man in His image..."  Seth was also born circumcised as it says (ibid. 5:2 ) "He begot in his likeness and his image..."  Noah was also born circumcised... Shem was also born circumcised...  Jacob was also born circumcised...  Joseph was also born circumcised...  Moses was also born circumcised...  Even the wicked Balaam was born circumcised...  Samuel was also born circumcised...  David was also born circumcised...  Jeremiah was also born circumcised...  Zerubabel was also born circumcised...

Talmud Sanhedrin 106a 
Numbers (24:14) "Come, I shall advise you..."  Rabbi Abba bar Kahana said:  [Balaam] said to them: Their G-d hates promiscuity and they desire flaxen clothes.  Let me give you this advice.  Make tents and put old prostitutes in front of them and young ones inside...  When the Jews are walking in the market, the old lady offers to sell them clothes at market value and the young one offers it cheaper.  After two or three times she tells him that he is already a comfortable visitor and should choose what he wants, all the while a bottle of Amonite wine sitting beside her.  She offers him a glass of wine.  After he drinks it will burn him up and he will ask for sex.  She will take out her idol and demand that he worship it first.  He will say that he is a Jew and she will say that all she is asking is that he defecate [and he will not know that this is the worship of that idol].  She will also say that she will not sleep with him until he denounces the Torah of Moses.

Mishnah Avot 5:19 
Whosoever possesses these three qualities belongs to the disciples of Abraham our father: a generous eye, a humble spirit, and a meek soul.  But he who possesses the three opposite qualities -- an evil eye, a proud spirit, and a haughty soul -- is of the disciples of Balaam the wicked.
How do the disciples of Abraham differ from the disciples of Balaam? The disciples of Abraham enjoy this world and inherit the world to come, as it is written (Proverbs 8:21) "Endowing with wealth those who love me, and filling their treasuries." The disciples of Balaam inherit Gehenna and go down to the pit of destruction, as it is written (Psalm 55:23) "But you, O G-d, will cast them down into the lowest pit; the bloodthirsty and treacherous shall not live out half their days. But I will trust in you."

Professor Louis Ginzberg, "Some Observations on the Attitude of the Synagogue Towards the Apocalyptic-Eschatological Writings", Journal of Biblical Literature (1922), p. 121 n. 18
One may therefore state with absolute certainty that the entire Talmudic-Midrashic literature does not know of any nicknames for Jesus or his disciples.

John P. Meier, A Marginal Jew (1991), vol. 1 p. 95
For instance, a radical position is represented by Johann Maier, who maintains that not only the Mishna but also both Talmuds lack any authentic, direct mention of Jesus of Nazareth41...

In my opinion, Maier's arguments are especially convincing for the Mishna and other early rabbinic material: no text cited from that period really refers to Jesus.  He thus confirms the view I defend in this section.

41 See Johann Maier, Jesus von Nazareth in der talmudischen Uberlieferung (Ertrage der Forschung 82; Darmstadt: Wissenschaftliche Buchgesellschaft, 1978).  His position, which is argued in minute detail throughout the volume, is summarized on pp. 263-75.

The Accusation
Gittin 57a. Says Jesus is in hell, being boiled in "hot excrement."

The Text
[Onkelos Bar Kalonikus] called up Balaam from the dead.  [Onkelos] asked: Who is honored in that world?  [Balaam] replied: Israel. [Onkelos asked:] What about joining them?  [Balaam] replied: (Deut. 23:7) "You shall not seek their peace or welfare all your days."  [Onkelos] asked: What is your punishment?  [Balaam answered]: In boiling semen.
[Onkelos] called up Yeshu from the dead.  [Onkelos] asked: Who is honored in that world?  [Yeshu] replied: Israel.  [Onkelos asked:] What about joining them?  [Yeshu] replied: Seek their good.  Do not seek their bad.  Whoever touches them is as if he touched the pupil of his eye.  [Onkelos] asked: What is your punishment?  [Yeshu answered]: In boiling excrement.  As the mast said: Whoever mocks the words of the sages in punished in boiling excrement.
All of the Yeshu references you are listing were about people who lived in different decades or a different century, as you acknowledged in your previous post under "conclusion", it's unlikely that the Jesus of Christianity is mentioned anywhere in the Talmud.

Every historical author mentioned , Biblical or otherwise, were  themselves Jews, it's unlikely that any of them held "the Jews" to be responsible for "deicide" of the Christ, this anti-semitic concept came from a much later time and sentiment.

Granted, Jews do not accept Jesus to be their Messiah of prophecy, but that is because he did not possess the expected qualifications of the Jewish Messiah, the Christian hostility associated with that fact came about centruies later and is generally not reciprocated by Jews.
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@rosends
@Shila

Rosends, 

What the hell are you doing in this thread about my serial killer Jesus, as Yahweh God incarnate? Huh?  Are you still upset that we Christians literally STOLE your Yahweh God, and made Him into our Jesus, whereas you don't have a god anymore?  LOL!

Listen up, you Jews believe Jesus did not fulfill messianic prophecies that establish the criteria for the coming of the messiah, and where judaism does not accept Jesus as a divine being like we true Christians do, and you don't accept Jesus as being an intermediary between humans and God, a messiah, or holy, so your presence here is all for naught, understood?

In other words, you are excess baggage in this thread, equal to the dumbfounded Shila as a woman posting in this thread in the first place in directly going against this Jesus inspired passage: "Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor." (1 Timothy 2:11-14)