The case for the Historical Jesus

Author: Shila

Total: 618
Deb-8-a-bull
Debates: 0
Deb-8-a-bull
Curse that very day a "religion " appeared whilst there was already a religion. 

I wish there was only one religion 
I'd  fucking so fall for it then. 
But there is not just one religion,  there   " appears " to be WHOLEEEE BUNCH. 

Picture a true religion running exactly like a obviously fake one that appeared / started  before it.  

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Curse that very day a "religion " appeared whilst there was already a religion. 

What would it take to convince you to join any one of the 100's of Christian denominations, Deb?
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Stephen
I'm a giant face in the sky kinda guy.  
When a dude appears real big in the sky and says shit to me . This will be my proof of a god things existence.

This will have me fully believing in a thing i am going to call god. 
That would be like a step one..

This is as far as i would take it. 

To get to joining a group because of this ummmm  fact is unfathomable.
I think. 

I think if the big face in the sky said to me .  I want you to go do  such and such .
I think i would . 
If the face says go and  join the pinky waffleers i would..

So yeah. 
To join one of these groups it is 
A big face in the sky. 
Into 
The big face in the sky having me think i should join one of these religious group things. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
I'm a giant face in the sky kinda guy.  
When a dude appears real big in the sky and says shit to me . This will be my proof of a god things existence.

21st century Magic OR "miracle" Deb.  How would you know that you weren't looking at and listening to a hologram in the sky.  

Shila
Shila
How Jesus is viewed in other religions like Hinduism, Islam and others.

Hinduism
Hinduism is a very diverse religious faith that began in India. It is rooted in religious views dating back to the Iron Age of India (12th to 6th centuries BC) and it has no single founder. There are many varieties of Hinduism embracing a complex and divergent set of views, and for this reason, it is difficult to isolate a unified set of beliefs related to Jesus. Hindu believers often hold a variety of views.

Jesus Was a Holy Man
Most Hindus evaluate “spirituality” on the basis of behavior and practice. Virtues such as tolerance, love, non-violence, self-sacrifice and humility are held in high esteem and considered to be characteristics of “holy men” known as Sadhu. By this criteria, Jesus qualifies as a “Hindu Saint” on the basis of his life and teaching.

Jesus Was A Wise Teacher
Most Hindus respect the teaching of Jesus and some have even committed themselves to this teaching. Mahatma Gandhi, for example, admired the teaching of Jesus greatly (particularly the Sermon on the Mount), even though he was not interested in Jesus as a true historical character. Gandhi saw Jesus as a symbol of superior ethics and revered His teaching.

Jesus is a ‘God’
Some Hindus are more than willing to acknowledge Jesus as divine, if He is not seen as ‘uniquely’ Divine. Hindus often worship many gods and goddesses and some are eager to include Jesus in their list of deities. They don’t, however, see Jesus as the only way to God. Instead, some understand Jesus as the perfect example of “self-realization” (the goal of Hindu “dharma”). Many Hindus see Jesus as a symbol of what humans can attain, rather than a true historical person. He is divine in his modeling, if not in His nature, and He is not the only such model. While some Hindus may see Jesus as a God-man of sorts, they would also site other examples such as Rama, Krishna and Buddha. Jesus is simply one of many “ishtas” (forms of the divine) in the history of mankind.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Oh then they .
They being the church of one of the 100 groups    .Has to accept my membership request.  
Fingers crossed. 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
How would i know i wasn't seeing and hearing a hologram ? 

Because.
Well i would know because. 
Like .
Ummm. 
Because ummm. 
Fuckkkkkkk. 

Pass.  
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Shila
Sorry for derailing a bit there. 

Hinduism is certainly cut of a diffrent cloth  thats for sure. 
Nice post man.  

If ya keeping a eye out for a God thing.  hinduism is the ummm. Avenue you want to look up. 

Friendly  reminder.   This is a religious forum . 
Soooooo i don't know why you are  talking about hinduism for. ?

Good game. 
Good game. 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Now im thinking about. 

Women Hindus. 
Are they the same as male Hindus ? 

Buttt  just when ya think about hinduism being like a ummm a somewhat "nicer" " religion " historical facts kick in. 
The word ( caste ) enters.  
Shila
Shila
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
--> @Shila
Sorry for derailing a bit there. 

Hinduism is certainly cut of a diffrent cloth  thats for sure. 
Nice post man.  

If ya keeping a eye out for a God thing.  hinduism is the ummm. Avenue you want to look up. 

Friendly  reminder.   This is a religious forum .  
Soooooo i don't know why you are  talking about hinduism for. ?

Hinduism is the world's oldest religion, according to many scholars, with roots and customs dating back more than 4,000 years.
Hinduism has approximately 1.2 billion adherents worldwide (15-16% of the world's population). ... Hinduism is the third largest religion in the world behind Christianity and Islam.

The view Hindus have of Jesus is more admirable than most of the atheist members on DebateArt.
You must be here to defend BrotherD. because you feel guilty what you did to him and only showed up after Shila had pointed out how badly his mouth was misshapen.

Good game. 
Good game. 
Thank you. You did not answer the question! “Do you believe the Historical Jesus existed?”
Shila
Shila
How Jesus is viewed in Buddhism? Evidence that proves the Historical Jesus existed and was recognized in other religions.

Buddhism
While Buddhism is based primarily on the teachings of Siddhartha Gautama (a spiritual teacher from India who lived from approximately 563BC to 483BC and is known as the Buddha), Buddhism incorporates a variety of religious traditions, beliefs and practices. Like Hinduism, Buddhism provides no singular unified view about Jesus, although a number of Jesus’ characteristics are described by many Buddhists.

Jesus Was An Enlightened Man
Most Buddhists acknowledge and respect the fact Jesus lived a self-sacrificial life and had compassion on those who were in spiritual need. This kind of compassion is seen by Buddhists to be the key to happiness and enlightenment. For this reason, many Buddhists, including the 14th century Zen master, Gasan Jōseki, refer to Jesus as an “enlightened man”.

Jesus Was A Wise Teacher
Most Buddhists also respect the teaching of Jesus to a high degree, especially Jesus’ teaching related to loving one’s neighbor and the need to demonstrate kindness and forgiveness. His teaching related to compassion, for example, impressed the Dalai Lama greatly. Jesus is seen as someone who possessed the correct perspective on life and his teaching helped others to embrace the truth. Some Buddhists including the 14th Dali Lama, Tenzin Gyatso, have even recognized Jesus as a ” bodhisattva” (one who dedicates his life sacrificially to the service and betterment of others). While Jesus is seen as a wise teacher, He is not seen as divine.

Jesus Was a Holy Man
The current Dalai Lama often describes Jesus as a “holy man” and includes Jesus in his list of such people. In fact, the Dalai Lama does not typically elevate Buddha to a greater status than Jesus when discussing the two figures. The Dalai Lama met frequently with the Pope in the early part of the 21st century and showed great respect for the teaching and person of Jesus Christ.

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Shila

Shila, the continued "remove one foot to insert the other" pseudo-christian,

YOUR REVEALING QUOTE THAT REMINDED ME OF JESUS, THANK YOU:  "I was just defending against BrotherD. a blasphemous misogynist in a way that others would take notice. Notice only the males have responded."

As it was shown by me earlier, the inspired words of Jesus (1 Thessalonians 2:13)  within the scriptures shows that He believed in being a MISOGYNIST as the passages below so state, and since I have to follow Jesus' words below because they set an example for me, then I have to be a misogynist as well, GET IT?

1.  "Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor." (1 Timothy 2:11-14)

2.  “ But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ and the head of the woman in man. For the man is not of the women; but the woman of the man.” (1Corinthians 11: 3,8 ) 

3.  “I find more bitter than death the woman who is a snare, whose heart is a trap and whose hands are chains. The man who pleases God will escape her, but the sinner she will ensnare.” (Ecclesiastes 7:26)

4.  "The women should keep silent in the churchesFor they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says. If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church." (1 Corinthians 14:34-35)

5.  "Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered." (1 Peter 3:7)

6.  "It is better to live in a corner of the housetop than in a house shared with a quarrelsome wife." (Proverbs 21:9)

7.  "It is better to live in a desert land than with a quarrelsome and fretful woman." (Proverbs 21:19)

8.  “ It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house.” (Proverbs 21:9)

9.  "A quarrelsome wife is as annoying as constant dripping on a rainy day. Stopping her complaints is like trying to stop the wind or trying to hold something with greased hands." (Proverbs 27:15-16) 

10.  " Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire." (1 Timothy 2:9)

11.  "For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior." (Ephesians 5:23)

12.  "For man was not made from woman, but woman from man. Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man." (1 Corinthians 11:8-9)

13. “The woman Folly is loud; she is seductive and knows nothing.” (Proverbs 9:13)

14.  “to be self-controlled, pure, managers of their households, kind, and subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be discredited.” (Titus 2:5)

NEXT PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN WOMAN LIKE "SHILA" THAT HELPS ME SHOW HOW JESUS' WORDS WITHIN IN THE BIBLE WERE MISOGYNISTIC WILL BE ...? LOL!

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Shila

Shila, the continued Bible fool as shown ad infinitum,

YOUR MISGUIDED QUOTE IN YOUR POST #427:  "How does the Islamic view of Jesus compare with your blasphemous claims against Jesus?"

Heads up pseudo-christian, I am NOT blasphemous against Jesus because I am telling the TRUTH about Him, understood? Therefore, my post shown in the link below about how Muslims think of Christianity STANDS!  Therefore, they DO NOT revere Jesus like you so erroneously said as being wrong once again in your posts, understood? Maybe? Huh?

THE ISLAMIC FAITH DOES NOT LIKE CHRISTIANS WHATSOEVER:

Listen, you've embarrassed yourself enough in your own laughable thread, especially being SMUTTY towards me, where you got slapped by our esteemed moderator! Furthermore, you have yet to address my post #401 to you where what you thought you knew about Jesus relating to the Old Testament, YOU EMBARRASSINGLY DIDN'T WHERE I HAD TO SCHOOL YOU ONCE AGAIN!  LOL!  Therefore, to save you even further embarrassment within your ungodly thread, why not just close this thread down and go and hide in another Religion Forum?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas

Yes Brother D. Every verse you have posted from the bible proves the misogynistic nature of what is known as Christianity.  And although they may not be practiced and adhered to by Christians today, they cannot be defended against either.  And what's more; if they are not practiced and adhered to by Christians today, then it must be the fires of hell for those that defy the teaching of their lord god Jesus.

What a dilemma for you Christians.
Shila
Shila

Stephen, We know why you are afraid to ask the same question you want Deb to because you have been bible slapped by BrotherD. too.

Here is the link and post of your first Bible slapping.

BrotherD. Exposes Stephens biblical ignorance and then bible slaps him 

Here is BrotherD. replying to Stephen.

Added
08.05.19 01:16PM
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

Once again pertaining to your outright biblical ignorance in your post listed below, I have to once again CORRECT you!

YOUR BIBLE IGNORANT QUOTE: “Although the Christ mentions  his "father" quite a lot (over 150 times) no one knows who the New Testament Christian god actually is and you cannot say who he is unless your of the mind that Jesus was "god" and the same Old Testament god that Hebrews are said to have served which would show the glaring contradiction between the personalities.”

I thought you said that you knew more about the bible than I will ever live to know, remember?  Therefore, why do you continue to add more proverbial egg to your face by continuing to be totally bible ignorant?!

The TRUE Christian does know who the Father is, and that is Jesus, as a part of the Triune Doctrine in being Yahweh God incarnate of the Old Testament.  Earth to Stephen, H-E-L-L-O, anybody home today?

“But in case I am delayed, I write so that you will know how one ought to conduct himself in the household of God, which is the church of the living God the pillar and support of the truth. By common confession, great is the mystery of godliness: He who was revealed in the flesh Was vindicated in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Proclaimed among the nations, Believed on in the world, Taken up in glory.” (1 Timothy 3:15-16)

“Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.” (Philippians 2:5-8)

“Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” (John 20:28)

YOUR CONTINUING BIBLE IGNORANCE AT YOUR EXPENSE: “ Does the god yahweh appear anywhere in the New Testament?  Does the word /name Yahweh appear in the New Testament? There is absolutely no evidence that "Christians kept the ancient yahweh as their god", as you seem to be suggesting, none whatsoever.”

Oh, my, I have seen the bible ignorant of Jesus’ creation before, but YOU take the cake! The OT and NT are connected with the
SAME GOD!. When the term “God” appears in the New Testament, it is referring to Yahweh of the Old Testament writings, which in turn, is referring to Jesus as being Yahweh God incarnate.  Here, let me help your complete bible ignorance once again with the following passage showing that Jesus is in the Old Testament as Yahweh God, okay?

JESUS STATED: “Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, in whom you have put your hope. If you had believed Moses, you would believe me, because he wrote about me. But since you do not believe what he wrote, how will you believe what I say?”  (John 5:45-47)

GET IT? HUH? If Moses spoke of Jesus, then most certainly Jesus is not only Yahweh God incarnate, but in turn, CHRISTIANS DID KEEP THE ANCIENT YAHWEH AS THEIR GOD!  2+2=4, OIL AND WATER DON’T MIX, AND YOU ARE ONE OF THE MOST BIBLE IGNORNAT OF ANY PERSON THAT I HAVE EVER RUN ACROSS!

Please don't make me "Bible Slap" you again, agreed? Thank you. Stephen, your continued BIBLE IGNORANCE is excused once again, at your expense.

Shila
Shila
--> @BrotherD.Thomas

Yes Brother D. Every verse you have posted from the bible proves the misogynistic nature of what is known as Christianity.  And although they may not be practiced and adhered to by Christians today, they cannot be defended against either.  And what's more; if they are not practiced and adhered to by Christians today, then it must be the fires of hell for those that defy the teaching of their lord god Jesus.

Stephen, you have a dilemma too,  because you have been bible slapped by BrotherD.

Added
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

Once again pertaining to your outright biblical ignorance in your post listed below, I have to once again CORRECT you!

YOUR BIBLE IGNORANT QUOTE: “Although the Christ mentions  his "father" quite a lot (over 150 times) no one knows who the New Testament Christian god actually is and you cannot say who he is unless your of the mind that Jesus was "god" and the same Old Testament god that Hebrews are said to have served which would show the glaring contradiction between the personalities.”

I thought you said that you knew more about the bible than I will ever live to know, remember?  Therefore, why do you continue to add more proverbial egg to your face by continuing to be totally bible ignorant?!

The TRUE Christian does know who the Father is, and that is Jesus, as a part of the Triune Doctrine in being Yahweh God incarnate of the Old Testament.  Earth to Stephen, H-E-L-L-O, anybody home today?

“But in case I am delayed, I write so that you will know how one ought to conduct himself in the household of God, which is the church of the living God the pillar and support of the truth. By common confession, great is the mystery of godliness: He who was revealed in the flesh Was vindicated in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Proclaimed among the nations, Believed on in the world, Taken up in glory.” (1 Timothy 3:15-16)

“Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.” (Philippians 2:5-8)

YOUR CONTINUING BIBLE IGNORANCE AT YOUR EXPENSE: “ Does the god yahweh appear anywhere in the New Testament?  Does the word /name Yahweh appear in the New Testament? There is absolutely no evidence that "Christians kept the ancient yahweh as their god", as you seem to be suggesting, none whatsoever.”

Oh, my, I have seen the bible ignorant of Jesus’ creation before, but YOU take the cake! The OT and NT are connected with the
SAME GOD!. When the term “God” appears in the New Testament, it is referring to Yahweh of the Old Testament writings, which in turn, is referring to Jesus as being Yahweh God incarnate.  Here, let me help your complete bible ignorance once again with the following passage showing that Jesus is in the Old Testament as Yahweh God, okay?

JESUS STATED: “Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, in whom you have put your hope. If you had believed Moses, you would believe me, because he wrote about me. But since you do not believe what he wrote, how will you believe what I say?”  (John 5:45-47)

GET IT? HUH? If Moses spoke of Jesus, then most certainly Jesus is not only Yahweh God incarnate, but in turn, CHRISTIANS DID KEEP THE ANCIENT YAHWEH AS THEIR GOD!  2+2=4, OIL AND WATER DON’T MIX, AND YOU ARE ONE OF THE MOST BIBLE IGNORNAT OF ANY PERSON THAT I HAVE EVER RUN ACROSS!

Please don't make me "Bible Slap" you again, agreed? Thank you. Stephen, your continued BIBLE IGNORANCE is excused once again, at your expense.

Shila
Shila
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
Shila, the continued Bible fool as shown ad infinitum,

YOUR MISGUIDED QUOTE IN YOUR POST #427:  "How does the Islamic view of Jesus compare with your blasphemous claims against Jesus?"

Heads up pseudo-christian, I am NOT blasphemous against Jesus because I am telling the TRUTH about Him, understood? Therefore, my post shown in the link below about how Muslims think of Christianity STANDS!  Therefore, they DO NOT revere Jesus like you so erroneously said as being wrong once again in your posts, understood? Maybe? Huh?

THE ISLAMIC FAITH DOES NOT LIKE CHRISTIANS WHATSOEVER:
Brother D. let us compare the Islamic view of Jesus with that of your earlier expressed views on this very thread.

Islam
The Islamic faith was founded by Muhammad on the Arabian Peninsula in the early 7th Century. He claimed to be restoring the monotheistic religion corrupted by the Jews and Christians. As a result, Muslims acknowledge the impact of Jesus and recognize Him as a significant person within their own religious system. The Quran describes Jesus in the following way:
Jesus Was Born of a Virgin
The Quran describes Mary as a virgin prior to her miraculous conception. The conversation between Mary and Allah is recorded in the Quran, and Mary is told that she will conceive without the benefit of human involvement.
“She said: “Verily. I seek refuge with the Most Beneficent (Allâh) from you, if you do fear Allâh.” (The angel) said: “I am only a Messenger from your Lord, (to announce) to you the gift of a righteous son.” She said: “How can I have a son, when no man has touched me, nor am I unchaste?” He said: “So (it will be), your Lord said: ‘That is easy for Me (Allâh): And (We wish) to appoint him as a sign to mankind and a mercy from Us (Allâh), and it is a matter (already) decreed, (by Allâh).’ ” So she conceived him, and she withdrew with him to a far place (i.e. Bethlehem valley about 4-6 miles from Jerusalem).” (Quran 19:18-22)
Jesus Was to Be Revered
Jesus is held in high regard within the Muslim worldview. According to a legend, when Muhammad eliminated all the images of others gods in the Ka’bah, he refused to destroy the statue of Mary and the infant Christ. Jesus remains in a position of respect and reverence within Islam. When muslims speak the name of Jesus today, they typically either say “Hazrat Eesa” (“revered Jesus”) or “Eesa alai-hiss-salaam” (“Jesus peace be upon him”).While Muslims believe Jesus was to be revered as a prophet and Apostle of God, they do not believe He was more than this:
“O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians). Do not exceed the limits in your religion, nor say of Allâh aught but the truth. The Messiah ‘Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), was (no more than) a Messenger of Allâh and His Word, (“Be.” – and he was) which He bestowed on Maryam (Mary) and a spirit (Rûh)created by Him; so believe in Allâh and His Messengers. Say not: “Three (trinity).” Cease. (it is) better for you. For Allâh is (the only) One Ilâh (God), Glory be to Him (Far Exalted is He) above having a son.” (Quran 4:171).
Jesus Was A Prophet
Islam affirms Jesus (known as “Isa” or “Eesa”) was one of God’s most important prophets:
“And Zakariyâ (Zachariya), and Yahya (John) and ‘Iesa (Jesus) and Iliyâs (Elias), each one of them was of the righteous.” (Quran 6:85)

Muslims also acknowledge Jesus was sent specifically to the Children of Israel:

“And will make him [‘Iesa (Jesus)] a Messenger to the Children of Israel (saying): “I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, that I design for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allâh’s Leave; and I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I bring the dead to life by Allâh’s Leave. And I inform you of what you eat, and what you store in your houses. Surely, therein is a sign for you, if you believe.And I have come confirming that which was before me of the Taurât (Torah), and to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden to you, and I have come to you with a proof from your Lord. So fear Allâh and obey me.Truly. Allâh is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him (Alone). This is the Straight Path.” (Quran 3:49-51)

While Muhammad is described as the final prophet from God, he listed the previous prophets and included Jesus in that list. Muslims believe Jesus was a prophet, but they deny He is God:

“The Messiah [‘Iesa (Jesus)], son of Maryam (Mary), was no more than a Messenger; many were the Messengers that passed away before him. His mother [Maryam (Mary)] was a Siddiqah [i.e. she believed in the words of Allâh and His Books (see Verse 66:12)]. They both used to eat food (as any other human being, while Allâh does not eat). Look how We make the Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) clear to them, yet look how they are deluded away (from the truth).” (Quran 5:75)

Muslims also deny Jesus was the “Son of God”:

“And the Jews say: ‘Uzair (Ezra) is the son of Allâh, and the Christians say: Messiah is the son of Allâh. That is a saying from their mouths. They imitate the saying of the disbelievers of old. Allâh’s Curse be on them, how they are deluded away from the truth.” (Quran 9:30).

Jesus Was a Wise Teacher
Muslims acknowledge Jesus was a divinely wise teacher. The Quran reports Jesus’ disciples, as a result of His teaching, were filled with compassion and mercy:

“Then, We sent after them, Our Messengers, and We sent ‘Iesa (Jesus) ­ son of Maryam (Mary), and gave him the Injeel (Gospel). And We ordained in the hearts of those who followed him, compassion and mercy.” (Quran 57:27)

How does the Islamic view of Jesus compare with your blasphemous claims against Jesus?

BrotherD., Think carefully what you said, “ I am NOT blaspheming Jesus because I have described Jesus' true historical modus operandi within the scriptures in Jesus being Yahweh God incarnate, of which you are obviously unaware of because of your complete Bible stupidity! Our Jesus we worship, as the Serial Killer Yahweh God incarnate, was embarrassingly, greedy, jealous, selfish, self-centered, petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capricious, and malevolent!

Now try to justify your blasphemous claims against Jesus.

BrotherD., You  have  only finished high school and your career highest income is less than 20,000$? You are 56 years old. Learn to show respect.

Shila
Shila
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
Shila, the continued "remove one foot to insert the other" pseudo-christian,

YOUR REVEALING QUOTE THAT REMINDED ME OF JESUS, THANK YOU:  "I was just defending against BrotherD. a blasphemous misogynist in a way that others would take notice. Notice only the males have responded."

As it was shown by me earlier, the inspired words of Jesus (1 Thessalonians 2:13)  within the scriptures shows that He believed in being a MISOGYNIST as the passages below so state, and since I have to follow Jesus' words below because they set an example for me, then I have to be a misogynist as well, GET IT?

1.  "Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor." (1 Timothy 2:11-14)

2.  “ But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ and the head of the woman in man. For the man is not of the women; but the woman of the man.” (1Corinthians 11: 3,8 ) 

3.  “I find more bitter than death the woman who is a snare, whose heart is a trap and whose hands are chains. The man who pleases God will escape her, but the sinner she will ensnare.” (Ecclesiastes 7:26)

4.  "The women should keep silent in the churchesFor they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says. If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church." (1 Corinthians 14:34-35)

5.  "Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered." (1 Peter 3:7)

6.  "It is better to live in a corner of the housetop than in a house shared with a quarrelsome wife." (Proverbs 21:9)

7.  "It is better to live in a desert land than with a quarrelsome and fretful woman." (Proverbs 21:19)

8.  “ It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house.” (Proverbs 21:9)

9.  "A quarrelsome wife is as annoying as constant dripping on a rainy day. Stopping her complaints is like trying to stop the wind or trying to hold something with greased hands." (Proverbs 27:15-16) 

10.  " Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire." (1 Timothy 2:9)

11.  "For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior." (Ephesians 5:23)

12.  "For man was not made from woman, but woman from man. Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man." (1 Corinthians 11:8-9)

13. “The woman Folly is loud; she is seductive and knows nothing.” (Proverbs 9:13)

14.  “to be self-controlled, pure, managers of their households, kind, and subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be discredited.” (Titus 2:5)

NEXT PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN WOMAN LIKE "SHILA" THAT HELPS ME SHOW HOW JESUS' WORDS WITHIN IN THE BIBLE WERE MISOGYNISTIC WILL BE ...? LOL!
BrotherD. Not only is your mouth crooked and misshapen, everything that comes out of it  is also warped and crooked.

None of the verses you quoted above are the spoken words of Jesus. You have quoted Proverbs which was written by Solomon who did not know Jesus. Then you quote Timothy, Thessalonians and Corinthians which was written by Paul. Paul never met Jesus or heard his teaching during Jesus’s life time.
The  only words Paul heard in a vision of Jesus he had on the road to Damascus was:
Acts 9:4  He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?”

BrotherD. You suffer from an inferiority complex because  of your low education and low income of less than 20,000$ annually. That is less than what most women make.

How Jesus Viewed and Valued Women

Jesus's Countercultural View of Women

The place of women in the first-century Roman world and in Judaism has been well-documented and set forth in several recent books.1 Most frequently, women were regarded as second-class citizens.

Jesus’s regard for women was much different from that of his contemporaries. Evans terms Jesus’s approach to women as “revolutionary” for his era.2 But was his treatment of women out of character with Old Testament revelation, or with later New Testament practice? Other chapters in this volume will show that it was not.

Disciples Come in Two Sexes, Male and Female

For Christ, women have an intrinsic value equal to that of men. Jesus said, “. . . at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female’” (Matt. 19:4; cf. Gen. 1:27). Women are created in the image of God just as men are. Like men, they have self-awareness, personal freedom, a measure of self-determination, and personal responsibility for their actions.

Scanzoni and Hardesty point out that “Jesus came to earth not primarily as a male but as a person. He treated women not primarily as females but as human beings.”3 Jesus recognized women as fellow human beings. Disciples come in two sexes, male and female. Females are seen by Jesus as genuine persons, not simply as the objects of male desire.4 Hurley believes “the foundation-stone of Jesus’s attitude toward women was his vision of them as persons to whom and for whom he had come. He did not perceive them primarily in terms of their sex, age, or marital status; he seems to have considered them in terms of their relation (or lack of one) to God.”5

Three Clear Examples

Examples of this even-handed treatment of women by Jesus are found in the four Gospels.

First, Jesus regularly addressed women directly while in public. This was unusual for a man to do (John 4:27). The disciples were amazed to see Jesus talking with the Samaritan woman at the well of Sychar (John 4:7-26). He also spoke freely with the woman taken in adultery (John 8:10–11).6 Luke, who gives ample attention to women in his Gospel, notes that Jesus spoke publicly with the widow of Nain (Luke 7:12–13), the woman with the bleeding disorder (Luke 8:48; cf. Matt. 9:22; Mark 5:34), and a woman who called to him from a crowd (Luke 11:27–28). Similarly, Jesus addressed a woman bent over for eighteen years (Luke 13:12) and a group of women on the route to the cross (Luke 23:27-31).

A second aspect of Jesus’s regard for the full intrinsic value of women is seen in how he spoke to the women he addressed. He spoke in a thoughtful, caring manner. Each synoptic writer records Jesus addressing the woman with the bleeding disorder tenderly as “daughter” (references above) and referring to the bent woman as a “daughter of Abraham” (Luke 13:16). Bloesch infers that “Jesus called the Jewish women ‘daughters of Abraham’ (Luke 13:16), thereby according them a spiritual status equal to that of men.”7

Third, Jesus did not gloss over sin in the lives of the women he met. He held women personally responsible for their own sin as seen in his dealings with the woman at the well (John 4:16–18), the woman taken in adultery (John 8:10–11), and the sinful woman who anointed his feet (Luke 7:44–50). Their sin was not condoned, but confronted. Each had the personal freedom and a measure of self-determination to deal with the issues of sin, repentance, and forgiveness.

Jesus's Valuation of Women Today

Even though clear role distinction is seen in Christ’s choice of the apostles and in the exclusive type of work they were given to perform, no barriers need exist between a believer and the Lord Jesus Christ, regardless of gender. Jesus demonstrated only the highest regard for women, in both his life and teaching. He recognized the intrinsic equality of men and women, and continually showed the worth and dignity of women as persons. Jesus valued their fellowship, prayers, service, financial support, testimony and witness. He honored women, taught women, and ministered to women in thoughtful ways.

As a result, women responded warmly to Jesus’s ministry. Have things changed too drastically today for us to see this same Jesus? Not at all. Modern women can find the same rich fulfillment in serving Christ as did the Marys and Marthas of Judea, or the Joannas and Susannas of Galilee.

BrotherD., Think carefully what you said, “ I am NOT blaspheming Jesus because I have described Jesus' true historical modus operandi within the scriptures in Jesus being Yahweh God incarnate, of which you are obviously unaware of because of your complete Bible stupidity! Our Jesus we worship, as the Serial Killer Yahweh God incarnate, was embarrassingly, greedy, jealous, selfish, self-centered, petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capricious, and malevolent!

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
--> @BrotherD.Thomas

Stephen, you have a dilemma too,  because you have been bible slapped by BrotherD.

Do you remember this exchange above that we had way back in 2019, Brother D. And reproduced here by shila in his cross-thread contamination post above? 

I believe it finished in some sort of stalemate. That will depend on the reader to decide should they be interested at all, of course. 

By the way, isn't intentional cross-thread contamination against the CoC rules Brother D? Maybe you can look for me when you have the time.

And isn't shila already on a warning?

Shila
Shila
Do you remember this exchange above that we had way back in 2019, Brother D. And reproduced here by shila in his cross-thread contamination post above? 

I believe it finished in some sort of stalemate. That will depend on the reader to decide should they be interested at all, of course. 

By the way, isn't intentional cross-thread contamination against the CoC rules Brother D? Maybe you can look for me when you have the time. 

And isn't shila already on a warning?
Stephen are you saying you forgot your were bible slapped by BrotherD.?

Added
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

Stephen, do you have some kind of an ungodly fetish, where you get off on being one of the most biblically ignorant members on DebateArt religion forum?

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Shila
Yes shila . 

I believe " a " historical jesus lived. But at no way could he of been " diffrent " then you or i. 
With in reason. 
But at no point in no time
No one can do magic shit.
No one comes back to life.   
FULL STOP.

Then id like to go on and to have it a guess.  i think of jesus as a " gambit " of sorts. 
A good front man. 
I feel he was tricked into believing he was diff. 
And as stated as above. No one can be different. ( with in the reason crap again )    

Its only commen sense a god thing doesn't exist. 

Issssss what i feel. 
Thats going on a TOTAL GUESS. 

Shila
Shila
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
--> @Shila
Yes shila . 

I believe " a " historical jesus lived. But at no way could he of been " diffrent " then you or i. 
With in reason. 
FULL STOP.

Then id like to go on and to have it a guess.  i think of jesus as a " gambit " of sorts. 
A good front man. 
And as stated as above. No one can be different. ( with in the reason crap again )    

Issssss what i feel. 
Thats going on a TOTAL GUESS. 
So Shila got you to admit on this very thread “the case for the Historical Jesus “ that you indeed believe a historical Jesus lived.

Individual confessions like yours are important because it adds to the number of people who also believe in the Historical Jesus outside of Christianity and other religions.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
I'm the kind of guy that would of rescued jesus from off the cross. 
You are welcome.  

Ive runned the rescue  plan a thousand times over in my head
The very day they put jesus on the cross i wait for night fall. 
I get dark cloathed  .
I smear goat shit on me face. 
I sneak in like lighting.  Prior 
I mean priyer. Pull jesus of the cross. Lay he on MAX . (  MAX being the name of the fastest  donkey i have  . And get him out of town. 

The reasons for doing this is. 
I heard he does magic shit.  You could make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ from him. 

Simply  snip his voice box out and work him to death. 
15 hours of water to wine .
2 hours of empty buckets to bucket full of fish 
And 2 hours of him healing people i think should be heald 
Then id feed him a little bread and water. 
Let him have 4 hours sleep . Only to wake him up to do it allllll again. 

His my fucking jesus. 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Oh did i type that out loud?  

Sorry

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas

In my continuing treatise of showing Jesus' true modus operandi, that goes directly against the Bible fool Shila's rendition of Jesus, I continue with JESUS BEING A BLATANT ABORTIONIST to His creation:

THE BIBLE STATES THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD IN JESUS:  For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.” (1 Timothy 2:5) 

JESUS IS GOD OF THE CHRISTIANS: And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces and said, “The Lord, he is God; the Lord, he is God.” (1 Kings 18:39)

SIMON PETER SAYS JESUS IS THE GOD OF THE CHRISTIANS: Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours."

THEREFORE, WHEN JESUS IS GOD, THEN CHRISTIANS HAVE TO ACCEPT THAT HE WAS AN "HORRIFIC ABORTIONIST" AS SHOWN BELOW: 

1. In the book of Hosea, Jesus as God, gave Ephraim women miscarrying wombs and caused abortions, and if said children survived, Jesus would take them from their parents, and "if" they gave birth, Jesus would SLAY their beloved children!

The glory of Israel will fly away like a bird, for their children will die at birth or perish in the womb or never even be conceived. Even if your children survive to grow up, I will take them from you.  It will be a terrible day when I turn away and leave you alone.  I have watched Israel become as beautiful and pleasant as Tyre.  But now Israel will bring out her children to be slaughtered oh Lord. what should I request for your people? I will ask for the wombs that don’t give birth and breast that give no milk. The LORD says, "All their wickedness began at Gilgal; there I began to hate them.  I will drive them from my land because of their evil actions.  I will love them no more because all their leaders are rebels.  The people of Israel are stricken.  Their roots are dried up; they will bear no more fruit And if they give birth, I will slaughter their beloved children. (Hosea 9:11-16) 

2. JESUS, as Yahweh God incarnate, became an abortionist when He murdered INNOCENT zygotes and fetus’ in the wombs of pregnant women as they drowned in His Great Flood. Furthermore, He murdered babies and children that treaded water before they drowned in HIs Great Flood. It is factual to say that Jesus was NOT PRO-LIFE!  :(

"The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time.  The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.”  I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish.(Genesis 6:5-7, 17)

Christians, can an innocent zygote and fetus be truly evil where they needed to be destroyed within their mothers wombs as their mothers drowned a horrible suffocating death? Can an innocent baby or young child that knew not of evil, where they needed to die a horrible drowning death by hopelessly treading water in Jesus' flood as they cried out in horror to their mothers?  Picture these babies and children's  muscles burning due to large amounts of lactic acid production, where when they finally give up, they went under the ocean waters and held their little breaths as acidic carbon dioxide eroded their lungs until the unbearable pain forced them to inhale, where there was no air for them to breathe. :(

Then the water brought into their little lungs robbed their little bodies of oxygen, causing them to go numb. As water violently rushed in and out of their little chests, it finally laid their heavily breathing and slowly dying bodies to the bottom of the ocean because the inhaled water caused their lungs to tear and bleed profusely.  As their blood supply dwindled, their innocent hearts slowly came to a halt. Even so, their brains continued to process information for another couple of minutes. Unfortunately, they were patently aware that death was imminent, yet they could do nothing to prevent it. We can only imagine that their final thoughts would have been on what they did to deserve such horrific treatment and death.  All the time, our Jesus as God was watching. (Proverbs 15:3)

Yes, to be a TRUE Christian like myself, I have had to learn that I have to accept Jesus in the manner shown above, and where Jesus truly is NOT all loving and forgiving like so many pseudo-christians erroneously state. Basically, we worship a serial killer as shown above, but personally, the only reason that I continue to do so, is the Bible fact that there will be NO WOMEN in heaven, where we superior men had to put up with them while upon earth, praise Jesus!

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull

Only that he may have had a legitimate claim to the throne of David. Which although this throne had been promised him via his mother by god himself, he never got  in  sniffing distance of its seat. But yes, a man like you and I.

FULL STOP.

Yep. Spot on Deb. 

A good front man. 

That is a great possibility, Deb, and something I have suggested often 

Indeed, and simply believing in such, is not enough to make it true.

Great post Deb. 👍
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas

The glory of Israel will fly away like a bird, for their children will die at birth or perish in the womb or never even be conceived. Even if your children survive to grow up, I will take them from you.  It will be a terrible day when I turn away and leave you alone.  I have watched Israel become as beautiful and pleasant as Tyre.  But now Israel will bring out her children to be slaughtered oh Lord. what should I request for your people? I will ask for the wombs that don’t give birth and breast that give no milk. The LORD says, "All their wickedness began at Gilgal; there I began to hate them.  I will drive them from my land because of their evil actions.  I will love them no more because all their leaders are rebels.  The people of Israel are stricken.  Their roots are dried up; they will bear no more fruit And if they give birth, I will slaughter their beloved children. (Hosea 9:11-16) 

Indeed Brother D.  This "historical Jesus " certainly worked in violent ways.

Shila
Shila
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
In my continuing treatise of showing Jesus' true modus operandi, that goes directly against the Bible fool Shila's rendition of Jesus, I continue with JESUS BEING A BLATANT ABORTIONIST to His creation:

THE BIBLE STATES THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD IN JESUS:  “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.” (1 Timothy 2:5) 
Jesus is called a mediator not God in (1 Timothy 2:5) 
JESUS IS GOD OF THE CHRISTIANS: And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces and said, “The Lord, he is God; the Lord, he is God.” (1 Kings 18:39)
No mention of Jesus. Elijah was praying to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel.

Hosea 9:36 At the time of sacrifice, the prophet Elijah stepped forward and prayed: “Lord, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, let it be known today that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant and have done all these things at your command. 37 Answer me, Lord, answer me, so these people will know that you, Lord, are God, and that you are turning their hearts back again.”
SIMON PETER SAYS JESUS IS THE GOD OF THE CHRISTIANS: Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours."
Peter also lied about Jesus 3 times.
Peter's first denial (John 18:17-18) · , Peter's additional denials (John 18:25-27) · 

THEREFORE, WHEN JESUS IS GOD, THEN CHRISTIANS HAVE TO ACCEPT THAT HE WAS AN "HORRIFIC ABORTIONIST" AS SHOWN BELOW: 

1. In the book of Hosea, Jesus as God, gave Ephraim women miscarrying wombs and caused abortions, and if said children survived, Jesus would take them from their parents, and "if" they gave birth, Jesus would SLAY their beloved children!

The glory of Israel will fly away like a bird, for their children will die at birth or perish in the womb or never even be conceived. Even if your children survive to grow up, I will take them from you.  It will be a terrible day when I turn away and leave you alone.  I have watched Israel become as beautiful and pleasant as Tyre.  But now Israel will bring out her children to be slaughtered oh Lord. what should I request for your people? I will ask for the wombs that don’t give birth and breast that give no milk.The LORD says, "All their wickedness began at Gilgal; there I began to hate them.  I will drive them from my land because of their evil actions.  I will love them no more because all their leaders are rebels.  The people of Israel are stricken.  Their roots are dried up; they will bear no more fruit And if they give birth, I will slaughter their beloved children. (Hosea 9:11-16) 

No mention of Jesus in Hosea (9:11-16). Elijah was praying to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel.

Hosea 9:36 At the time of sacrifice, the prophet Elijah stepped forward and prayed: “Lord, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, let it be known today that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant and have done all these things at your command. 37 Answer me, Lord, answer me, so these people will know that you, Lord, are God, and that you are turning their hearts back again.”
2. JESUS, as Yahweh God incarnate, became an abortionist when He murdered INNOCENT zygotes and fetus’ in the wombs of pregnant women as they drowned in His Great Flood. Furthermore, He murdered babies and children that treaded water before they drowned in HIs Great Flood. It is factual to say that Jesus was NOT PRO-LIFE!  :(

"The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time.  The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.”  I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish.(Genesis 6:5-7, 17)
The Torah, as well as the rest of the Tanakh (Hebrew Bible), does not say anything about Jesus or Mary. These texts were written hundreds of years before their time. Genesis is one of the five books in the Torah.
Christians, can an innocent zygote and fetus be truly evil where they needed to be destroyed within their mothers wombs as their mothers drowned a horrible suffocating death? Can an innocent baby or young child that knew not of evil, where they needed to die a horrible drowning death by hopelessly treading water in Jesus' flood as they cried out in horror to their mothers?  Picture these babies and children's  muscles burning due to large amounts of lactic acid production, where when they finally give up, they went under the ocean waters and held their little breaths as acidic carbon dioxide eroded their lungs until the unbearable pain forced them to inhale, where there was no air for them to breathe. :(

Then the water brought into their little lungs robbed their little bodies of oxygen, causing them to go numb. As water violently rushed in and out of their little chests, it finally laid their heavily breathing and slowly dying bodies to the bottom of the ocean because the inhaled water caused their lungs to tear and bleed profusely.  As their blood supply dwindled, their innocent hearts slowly came to a halt. Even so, their brains continued to process information for another couple of minutes. Unfortunately, they were patently aware that death was imminent, yet they could do nothing to prevent it. We can only imagine that their final thoughts would have been on what they did to deserve such horrific treatment and death.  All the time, our Jesus as God was watching. (Proverbs 15:3)

Yes, to be a TRUE Christian like myself, I have had to learn that I have to accept Jesus in the manner shown above, and where Jesus truly is NOT all loving and forgiving like so many pseudo-christians erroneously state. Basically, we worship a serial killer as shown above, but personally, the only reason that I continue to do so, is the Bible fact that there will be NO WOMEN in heaven, where we superior men had to put up with them while upon earth, praise Jesus!
 BrotherD., Think carefully what you also said, “ I am NOT blaspheming Jesus because I have described Jesus' true historical modus operandi within the scriptures in Jesus being Yahweh God incarnate, of which you are obviously unaware of because of your complete Bible stupidity! Our Jesus we worship, as the Serial Killer Yahweh God incarnate, was embarrassingly, greedy, jealous, selfish, self-centered, petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capricious, and malevolent!

Shila
Shila

--> @Deb-8-a-bull

Only that he may have had a legitimate claim to the throne of David. Which although this throne had been promised him via his mother by god himself, he never got  in  sniffing distance of its seat. But yes, a man like you and I.

FULL STOP.

Yep. Spot on Deb. 

A good front man. 

That is a great possibility, Deb, and something I have suggested often 

Indeed, and simply believing in such, is not enough to make it true.

Great post Deb. 👍
Wish  they would say the same about you Stephen.

Here is what BrotherD said about you.

“Anyone see STEPHEN lurking around DebateArt Religion Forum, where he continues to HIDE from my post #51 above that continues to show him as one of the most bible ignorant members on this forum?

Let me know if you see him, and if he is not to scared and pissing his pants, tell him to address yet another embarrassing post above where I have BIBLE-SLAPPED him once again in the name of Jesus!  

Stephen is just making it too easy for me.”

Shila
Shila
--> @BrotherD.Thomas

The glory of Israel will fly away like a bird, for their children will die at birth or perish in the womb or never even be conceived. Even if your children survive to grow up, I will take them from you.  It will be a terrible day when I turn away and leave you alone.  I have watched Israel become as beautiful and pleasant as Tyre.  But now Israel will bring out her children to be slaughtered oh Lord. what should I request for your people? I will ask for the wombs that don’t give birth and breast that give no milk. The LORD says, "All their wickedness began at Gilgal; there I began to hate them.  I will drive them from my land because of their evil actions.  I will love them no more because all their leaders are rebels.  The people of Israel are stricken.  Their roots are dried up; they will bear no more fruit And if they give birth, I will slaughter their beloved children. (Hosea 9:11-16) 

Indeed Brother D.  This "historical Jesus " certainly worked in violent 
Stephen there is no mention of Jesus in Hosea.

No mention of Jesus. Elijah was praying to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel in Hosea’s quotes.

Hosea 9:36 At the time of sacrifice, the prophet Elijah stepped forward and prayed: “Lord, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, let it be known today that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant and have done all these things at your command. 37 Answer me, Lord, answer me, so these people will know that you, Lord, are God, and that you are turning their hearts back again.”

Which brings to mind what BrotherD.said about you. Stephen.

Here is what BrotherD said about you.

“Anyone see STEPHEN lurking around DebateArt Religion Forum, where he continues to HIDE from my post #51 above that continues to show him as one of the most bible ignorant members on this forum?

Let me know if you see him, and if he is not to scared and pissing his pants, tell him to address yet another embarrassing post above where I have BIBLE-SLAPPED him once again in the name of Jesus! 

Stephen is just making it too easy for me.”