George Floyd KILLED himself.

Author: TWS1405

Total: 85
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@TWS1405
It appears most of the people on this thread think you’re an idiot.
K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
Floyd killed himself. Chauvin did nothing wrong.
Wait is the cop's name actually Chauvin? As in chauvinist pig? That is fucking hilarious.
K_Michael
K_Michael
Fun fact: if you shoot a guy who has taken a lethal dose of a drug before the drug kills him, you are still a murderer.
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@K_Michael
False equivalency fallacy. 
TWS1405
TWS1405
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@K_Michael
Fun fact: if you shoot a guy who has taken a lethal dose of a drug before the drug kills him, you are still a murderer.
Regardless of drugs in the body, if you shoot a guy or strangle a guy and he dies, it's a wholly fallacious claim that those two things are related. That you inflicted fatal injuries and he just so happened to die, is a mere correlation, and correlation doesn't equal causation!
/satire
K_Michael
K_Michael
-->
@TWS1405
If you shoot someone who has taken a lethal dose of a drug or cocktail of drugs before it kills them, you are still a murderer.
If you strangle someone who has taken a lethal dose of a drug or cocktail of drugs before it kills them, you are still a murderer.
If you asphyxiate someone who has taken a lethal dose of a drug or cocktail of drugs before it kills them, you are still a murderer.
If you run over someone who has taken a lethal dose of a drug or cocktail of drugs before it kills them, you are still a murderer.
I will debate any version of the above.

TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@K_Michael
It’s crystal clear you didn’t read a damn thing I’ve recently posted or anything else on point throughout this entire thread. That being said, you keep drinking the kool aide like everyone else who swallowed the lies rammed in your faces about this case and Floyd’s death.  
K_Michael
K_Michael
-->
@TWS1405
I saw the original video back when it happened. Chauvin (still a hilarious name btw) was clearly being more violent than necessary, and unequivocally should have gotten off of him after he went unconscious, regardless of if it was from the drugs or from his own actions. It is a well established fact and part of police training that you should not hold someone down when they are prone (belly-down) for any longer than necessary as it carries greater risks for the person being arrested. There are plenty of other cases where this has led to asphyxiation (here's a recent one).

I don't need to listen to your claims about the boot being on his shoulder or other excuses. The second Floyd stopped breathing Chauvin should have been performing CPR himself, not telling paramedics to stay away. Even if the autopsy report showing that the cause of death was asphyxiation was false, Chauvin failed his sworn duty to protect and serve by not trying to save Floyd.
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@K_Michael
-->@TWS1405
I saw the original video back when it happened.
You only saw what the left and the MSM wanted you to see. 

Chauvin (still a hilarious name btw) was clearly being more violent than necessary, and unequivocally should have gotten off of him after he went unconscious, regardless of if it was from the drugs or from his own actions.
That's pure speculation. No basis in fact. 

It is a well established fact and part of police training that you should not hold someone down when they are prone (belly-down) for any longer than necessary as it carries greater risks for the person being arrested. There are plenty of other cases where this has led to asphyxiation (here's a recent one).
Remind me again, where did you get your police training and what agency did you work for?

Chauvin's knee was NOT on his neck, ffs! It was on his shoulder. But the left and the MSM made sure you didn't see that fact of reality.

I don't need to listen to your claims about the boot being on his shoulder or other excuses.

Yeah, you do because it is A FUCKING FACT!!! A fact the left and the MSM didn't want ANYONE to see because it would DESTROY their narrative. 

The second Floyd stopped breathing Chauvin should have been performing CPR himself, not telling paramedics to stay away. Even if the autopsy report showing that the cause of death was asphyxiation was false, Chauvin failed his sworn duty to protect and serve by not trying to save Floyd.

If Chauvin told EMTs to stay away, that means he had NO KNOWLEDGE Floyd was not breathing. One can breathe quietly without notice to another. It is a fact. 

SCOTUS has ruled that law enforcement has NOT DUTY to save anyone. Blows your argument out of the water, clown.

The autopsy showed an enlarged heart, hypertension, and a lethal dose of fentanyl. He did NOT die of asphyxiation, clown. 

Grow up and accept the facts. Floyd killed himself. 
K_Michael
K_Michael
-->
@TWS1405
Chauvin already had 18 complaints on his record before the Floyd case, often for use of excessive force.
Chauvin's knee was NOT on his neck, ffs! It was on his shoulder. But the left and the MSM made sure you didn't see that fact of reality.
Once again, it doesn't matter where his knee was. If you had read the link I had given, you would see that it makes no mention of the police putting weight on the victims neck. If there's too much weight on your torso, your lungs won't work well, especially if you're already suffering from the effects of drugs.
If Chauvin told EMTs to stay away, that means he had NO KNOWLEDGE Floyd was not breathing. One can breathe quietly without notice to another
If someone goes from saying "I can't breath" over and over to complete silence and no discernible breath (reminder that Chauvin is in body contact with Floyd, he should be able to feel him breathing, even if he can't hear it), it is more than fucking reasonable to assume that he is either A. unconscious, and no longer needs to be restrained, and might even need medical assistance, B. dead, or C. such a good actor he can just stop breathing.
At no point was Floyd violent towards anyone to start with, so even if C were the case, they should have erred on the side of caution and made sure he was doing ok.

SCOTUS has ruled that law enforcement has NOT DUTY to save anyone.
link the decision.
"I shall, in recognition of my service as a peace keeper, first do no harm, that I will upload [sic? I think they meant uphold?] and safeguard the sanctity of life"

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Bones
Don't get me wrong, I think it would be hilarious if the entire George Floyd thing was a sham, just as how it would be funny if the moon landing was actually faked, but thus far I'm not convinced. 
well stated
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TWS1405
But the 11 nanograms per milliliter of fentanyl is rather important, inasmuch as the chief medical examiner called this “a fatal level of fentanyl under normal circumstances,” saying, “deaths have been certified with levels of 3.”
the physiological effects of fentanyl are, just like heroin, extreme euphoria to the point that individuals are barely able to move, let alone walk

nobody takes a fatal dose of fentanyl and then goes shopping with fake $20 bills
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@3RU7AL
-->
@TWS1405
But the 11 nanograms per milliliter of fentanyl is rather important, inasmuch as the chief medical examiner called this “a fatal level of fentanyl under normal circumstances,” saying, “deaths have been certified with levels of 3.”
the physiological effects of fentanyl are, just like heroin, extreme euphoria to the point that individuals are barely able to move, let alone walk

nobody takes a fatal dose of fentanyl and then goes shopping with fake $20 bills
Even you do not know the facts of this case. 

Floyd consumed the fatal dose of fentanyl/meth after he tried to pass off the fake $20 while sitting in his car with his drug dealer. He didn't want to get caught with drugs on his person, yet again, so he ate it. He admitted to it when they were trying to arrest him. He was also experiencing respiratory problems before they even pulled him out of the car. His complaining about breathing was heard on the bodycam as the police opened his car door. 
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@K_Michael
SCOTUS has ruled that law enforcement has NOT DUTY to save anyone.
link the decision.

Chauvin already had 18 complaints on his record before the Floyd case, often for use of excessive force.
Irrelevant and prejudicial 

Once again, it doesn't matter where his knee was. If you had read the link I had given, you would see that it makes no mention of the police putting weight on the victims neck. If there's too much weight on your torso, your lungs won't work well, especially if you're already suffering from the effects of drugs.
Yes it does matter. The foundation of the prosecutors case was the knee on the neck causing asphyxiation. That's not what happened and the coroner's reports establishes that fact. 

No one but Chauvin knows how much "weight" was applied. Floyd wanted to be on the ground. Once on the ground he stopped resisting. Chauvin putting a knee on him was just a defensive posture in case Floyd tried to resist and get up (which is actually when more weight would have been applied).

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TWS1405
Floyd consumed the fatal dose of fentanyl/meth after he tried to pass off the fake $20 while sitting in his car with his drug dealer. He didn't want to get caught with drugs on his person, yet again, so he ate it. He admitted to it when they were trying to arrest him. He was also experiencing respiratory problems before they even pulled him out of the car. His complaining about breathing was heard on the bodycam as the police opened his car door. 
ok, great, so why was chauvin pinning him to the ground again ?
K_Michael
K_Michael
-->
@TWS1405
The SCOTUS decision was a year after the Floyd case.

How is a record of excessive violence irrelevant to a murder trial? If a regular civilian went into a murder trial with assault on his record, they would absolutely bring it up in the trial.

Fun how you ignored my other points on Chauvin's oath of office and not checking for breathing.
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@3RU7AL
ok, great, so why was chauvin pinning him to the ground again ?
Asked and answered already

TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@K_Michael
TWS1405
The SCOTUS decision was a year after the Floyd case. 

How is a record of excessive violence irrelevant to a murder trial? If a regular civilian went into a murder trial with assault on his record, they would absolutely bring it up in the trial.

Fun how you ignored my other points on Chauvin's oath of office and not checking for breathing.

Doesn’t matter if the SCOTUS case was after Floyd. The ruling/determination applies to the past, present and future. 

Didn’t ignore anything. The SCOTUS point was in rebuttal to it. 
K_Michael
K_Michael
-->
@TWS1405
1. SCOTUS doesn't determine state law except when two states dispute a case.
2. Chauvin was tried in a Minnesota district court under Minnesota law.
3. Even if he hadn't broken regular laws, he is legally bound by his oath of office as a civil servant.
4. He never once checked if Floyd was still breathing after he stopped moving and speaking. It was clear that Floyd was in physical distress and then seemingly went unconscious, at which point medical attention should have been a priority over restraining him.

There was a more recent case where a man with gasoline in his backpack in a police chase, was tased and caught on fire. When this man was clearly in danger of his life, the police prioritized putting out the fire over restraining the man, even though he had previously resisted arrest. Obviously the Floyd case wasn't quite so visible, but Chauvin should have been able to monitor Floyd's breathing, especially after he said "I can't breathe" so many times.
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@K_Michael
1. SCOTUS doesn't determine state law except when two states dispute a case. 
No kidding!!! SCOTUS hears cases where there is a constitutional matter/question involved. Clearly that case (and like all other cases) was brought due to a constitutional question/issue where it was believed law enforcement has a constitutional duty to protect/save citizens. They said no. 

Department policy doesn’t override SCOTUS. Violation of department SOP are friable offenses, not legal ones. 
K_Michael
K_Michael
-->
@TWS1405
Department policy doesn’t override SCOTUS.
No, it adds to it. When you take an oath of office you are held more strictly by its terms than a regular citizen. For instance "One provision of Executive Order 10450 specifies it is a violation of 5 U.S.C. 7311  for any person taking the oath of office to advocate “the alteration ... of the form of the government of the United States by unconstitutional means.”"

I as a regular citizen can advocate for the dissolution of the government as a matter of freedom of speech, but a public servant could not.

TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@K_Michael
All that mumbo jumbo amounts to is a whataboutism. 
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@K_Michael
-->@TWS1405
Department policy doesn’t override SCOTUS.
No, it adds to it. When you take an oath of office you are held more strictly by its terms than a regular citizen. For instance "One provision of Executive Order 10450 specifies it is a violation of 5 U.S.C. 7311  for any person taking the oath of office to advocate “the alteration ... of the form of the government of the United States by unconstitutional means.”"

I as a regular citizen can advocate for the dissolution of the government as a matter of freedom of speech, but a public servant could not.
Local (state) law enforcement are NOT federal officers. 5 USC 7311 applies to federal officers, not state.

Department policy does not add to the constitution. The constitution is the supreme law of the land. Nothing a state or local agency or organization does with state regulatory authority adds nothing to the US Constitution. Period!

You're still wrong. 

241 days later

TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
as predicted, no one can refute my position herein.