Author: Mharman

Total: 63
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
MAFIA WINS!!!
Pie is the MVP of this game.

SETUP
The theme split was "Globalism vs. All Else." I'm sure all these have been said to be part of a globalist conspiracy by conspiracy theorists, but the New World Order is the only one where it's explicit.

Mafia

ILikePie5 - You are the New World Order conspiracy theory. Proponents of this theory believe the world’s governments are working together in a secret society to create a single totalitarian regime.

“The Illuminati controls everything, man.”

Because of this, you are a 1x Recruiter. Once per game in the night, you may recruit an opposing player into your affiliation, which would be mafia in this case.

In addition, you are also a Godfather. You will appear innocent on all affiliation investigations.

You win with the Mafia. Since you are from the Mafia, you may submit a night kill each night. For this game, you may not use your night kill on the same night you recruit someone.

There’s a whole world of conspiracy theories out there, man. Thus, you will not be getting any fake claims.

Advice for this game: Use your recruitment ability ASAP!

Barney (formerly RationalMadman) - You are the Michael Obama conspiracy theory. Proponents of this theory believe former FLOTUS Michelle Obama is secretly transgender. 

“Tell me she doesn’t look like a man!”

Because of this, you are a 1x Vanillizer. Once per game at night, you may select another player and “transition” them to Vanilla. This ability will be used up even if the target is already a Vanilla.

You win with the Town (recruited to Mafia NP1).

Town

Whiteflame - You are the Alternative Therapy Suppression conspiracy theory. Proponents of this theory believe the FDA suppresses natural cures for diseases to support the medical industry.

“They have a cure for cancer. They’re just hiding it.”

Because of this, you are a Doctor. Each night, you may target another player to protect them from any lethal night actions targeting them.

You win with the Town.

Greyparrot - You are the Israeli Animal Espionage conspiracy theory. Proponents of this theory believe the Israeli government uses animals for espionage on people and governments whilst disguising it as migration tracking.

“The Mossad throwing the shark toward Egypt is not out of the question.”

Because of this, you are a Cop. Each night, you may investigate another player. Their affiliation will be made known to you, in the form of “guilty” for anti-town affiliations or “innocent” for pro-town or neutral affiliations.

You win with the Town.

Supa - You are the Sandy Hook Crisis Actors conspiracy theory. Proponents of this theory believe that no one died at Sandy Hook and that the whole incident was made up to promote gun control.

“It’s synthetic, completely fake with actors.”

Because of this, you are a Vanilla. You have no powers. 

You win with the Town.

Earth - You are the Bush Did 9/11 conspiracy theory. Proponents of this theory believe former POTUS George W. Bush made up a terrorist attack in what was a controlled demolition of the Twin Towers to promote an oil war.

“That was actually a cruise missile that hit the Pentagon.”

You win with the Town.

That2 - You are the Holocaust Never Happened conspiracy theory. Proponents of this theory believe the Holocaust was made up to promote Jewish immigration to the United States.

“I don’t know, man. Six million seems kind of high.”

You win with the Town.

GAME ACTIONS

DP1
Town - lynch Supa (Voted for Supa: Whiteflame, Greyparrot, That2, Pie; Voted for Pie: RM; VTNL'd: Supa)

NP1
Pie - Recruit Ragnar
Barney - Vanillaize Pie
Greyparrot - Investigate Whiteflame
Whiteflame - Protect Barney

DP2
Town - lynch Earth (Voted for Earth: That2, Whiteflame, Pie, Greyparrot; Voted for That2: Earth)

NP2
Pie - Kill That2
Greyparrot - Investigate Pie
Whiteflame - Protect Whiteflame

REVIEW

I'd say this setup turned out to be scum-sided. It wasn't egregiously so, but I feel like I could've done better. The idea was to load town up with power and then provide a single mafioso to the chance to recruit one of them so they could use it for themselves. Looking back, I probably should've added an eighth player slot (preferably a Town Watcher or Clairvoyant) to give the Town one more guaranteed DP. That would've made this setup truly balanced, in my opinion. I'll give town at least three guaranteed DPs my future games.

In DP1, RM had a great idea to use his vanillaizer to confirm himself as Town, but he made a mistake outting that plan DP1. His gut read was right on Pie too, but he wasn't able to build a good case for it. Pie did a good job refuting the case without slipping up, and Town backed off on their inquiries of him. He didn't have to do an amazing job, either; RM was so hell-bent on proving Pie to be scum that he pushed town away from his correct read. RM did have a good idea asking the Town about the political wing their theory was on, though. It was off the mark, but it wouldn't have hurt. If anything, it would've limited Pie's fake claim choices. Unfortunately, RM went too far by asking everyone to out their character for his theories, and no one listened to him on theme split theories after that. Greyparrot made a mistake outting his character so easily, but he got away with it. Earth's character claim was fine because they were a Vanilla. Town made a mistake pressuring Whiteflame into claiming, and Pie took advantage and added to the pressure. I don't blame Whiteflame for claiming, given the pressure. Pie's fake character claim was mid, but it didn't matter. I'm not sure why the Town was sussing Supa, but he was lynched regardless.

NP1, Pie correctly speculated that Greyparrot was the Cop and that Whiteflame was the Doctor, but he took Barney instead. I think he should've taken Greyparrot, but whatever. Greyparrot's investigation into Whiteflame was a waste in my eyes, given that Whiteflame was a claimed Doctor. Whiteflame's protection of Barney was the right play from the information he had, but it ultimately didn't matter. I think Barney's vanillaization of Pie was ok, given he had little to lose in doing so.

DP2, Town had a bloc that included everyone but That2, Earth, and Pie; Barney didn't have to do much to hide in that bloc. I'm just confused by the defenses That2 and Earth put up, as neither were sufficient. If both had put up a better defense, the Town would've probably looked at Pie a bit more. Neither did, and the Town chose Earth. Pie's VIP claim was okay. Greyparrot definitely hammered too early when there was plenty of the DP left.

NP2, Greyparrot had the right idea to investigate Pie, and Whiteflame's self-protection wasn't a bad idea either. Unfortunately for the Town, Pie saw it coming, so he decided to kill That2.

GG, everyone.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Greyparrot
@Barney
@Vader
@whiteflame
@ILikePie5
It's the endgame
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Earth
@That2User
Or is it????
That2User
Debates: 4
That2User
I failed
That2User
That2User
Ik Pie was mafia but acted way too scummy to convince anyone else, instead doing battle with Earth who was also inno, felt I had 0 hope against Pie so I was hoping Earth was mafia, sadly he was vanilla too
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
fun game
That2User
That2User
Me going with RM's plan caused my fall, specifically not defending why I did well
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@That2User
Live and learn :)

You're certainly improving.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Greyparrot
I like the attitude on this guy :)
That2User
That2User
-->
@Mharman
Live and learn :)

You're certainly improving.
I feel I fell off since Luna's MMA Mafia
That was good play 
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@That2User
No one gets a personal best every time.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Long story short... yeah, this was a bit of a mess.

RM, honestly, if you hadn't been absolutely obsessed with pushing on Pie, I might have eventually come along with you to lynch him by the end of DP1. I scumread him in DP2, though I thought he was paired with either Earth or That2 and I made the call that it would be easier to tease that apart first. Clearly, I was misled in that regard (good on Pie for managing that), didn't at all expect the Recruiter role.

As for That2 and Earth... seriously, both of you seemed to be doing everything you could in DP2 to make yourselves look sus. Part of the reason why I didn't push hard on Pie was that both of you seemed to be doing as much as you possibly could to stand out. I kind of understand the desperation that you were exhibiting, That2, but that's not the response you should be exhibiting if you're trying to look townie. More frustrating by far for me was Earth. I kept asking you questions hoping that, eventually, you'd respond in a way that would at least clarify your thinking. I held off on VTLing you for a lot longer than I normally would have just to get something out of you, and when you responded with a post essentially giving up on defending yourself, that sealed it for me. That's not a townie response, and it was unusual even coming from you. Not sure why you think we would have all seen you as town after that performance. Defend your choices. Explain your reads. It would have helped a lot.
whiteflame
whiteflame
I know I could probably have done better, particularly with keeping my Doc role under wraps, though that claim actually could have helped us if GP had recognized it more clearly. I think copping either That2 or Earth innocent would have been reason enough to take attention off of one of them and start grilling the other and Pie. Don't know if that would have gotten us the win - at best, it would have made Pie look scummy by POE, though I'd still have pushed to kill either That2 or Earth way before I'd have pushed for Barney.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@whiteflame
didn't at all expect the Recruiter role.
Yeah. That's where I think a Watcher or Clairvoyant would've helped. Alarmist too.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
RM is so bad at persuasion that I got this in the bag.

Good on That2 for using receipts

PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@That2User
I literally PMed the mod and told him to modkill you for not playing to your win con. I told him that you were obviously Mafia and trying to throw the game on purpose. 

Why in the hell were you acting like scum. I can never trust any scum read I get on you
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@whiteflame
RM, honestly, if you hadn't been absolutely obsessed with pushing on Pie, I might have eventually come along with you to lynch him by the end of DP1. I scumread him in DP2, though I thought he was paired with either Earth or That2 and I made the call that it would be easier to tease that apart first. Clearly, I was misled in that regard (good on Pie for managing that), didn't at all expect the Recruiter role.
Why does everybody let the fact that RM is a spaz, prevent them from seeing how extraordinarily bright he is? 

Part of his chaotic genius is that because it comes from a bunch of disorganized random firing of brain cells he won't be able to explain his logic well, but if you town read him and he feels this strongly, you should just trust that and do what he says.

I no it ruins the fun of the game a bit to just follow someone you know is a chaotic genius blindly, but he is going to be right more than he is wrong when he feels that strongly and he won't feel that strongly often enough where you are just shadowing him the entire game but just for a mere DP
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@RationalMadman
Credit to you on spotting the scum. Your strong feelings on it were much of why I targeted Pie.
I wasn’t 100% convinced or anything, but it was the best chance at stopping the night kill.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
His gut was right but his reasoning was abhorrent
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
LlVP RM mg ass. XD

Pie slipped twice on DP2 btw due to how he outed and what he did mot think about or do

2 protective town PRs on top of vallinaiser and cop??

The whole thing was ridiculous and I am happy I replaced out.

Supa and earth were terrible.

Mafia on this website is a joke.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Also when Pie said he used his power NP1 and was not limited on top of a doc, I knew he was scum as hell.

He didn't fit any theme at all unless it was the antisemite scum theme and the deep state conspiracy is also antisemitic usually. GP was our only investigator.

It all added up it had to be Pie and I also suspected conversion possible but didn't say it. That was why I was hellbent on Pie.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Barney
I wasn’t 100% convinced or anything, but it was the best chance at stopping the night kill.
That would never stop nightkill. You vallinaise after mafia acts and he would still be a goon with killing power.
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@RationalMadman
I did not realize that about the role. I thought it was basically a roleblocker... But yeah, just read on the wiki, and when targeting mafia it can remove special powers the next night, but will only drop a mafia down to being a goon.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@whiteflame
If gp said that2 or earth was innocent youd have blindlt voted the other off.

Yoy really overrated yourself and had I been in  the game you would have ignored me pushing on Pie.

If I was converted I'd have played it like Barney did, laughing at your naivety.

3 vanillas is not unthinkable with a vallinaiser, a cop and a protective pr on top.

The point was, you had zero reason to not suspect 2 prs as scum. Pie was so scummy and supa in his own way was so towny especially by what he claimed. You were not thinking and neither was anyone else except me. That2 is still 2nd best to me, I stand by that. Pie only seemed skilled because nobody else cam clearly read his thinking patterns.

I regret absolutely nothing, I played nearly picture perfect. If the other call me LVP it only is their i competence talking.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@RationalMadman
Considering that I never argued that I played this well, I don’t know why you claim that I “overrated” myself. I admitted I made the wrong call. Clearly, you made the right one here, I just think you weren’t very convincing to anyone else.  On that and only on that, we disagree.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Why does everybody let the fact that RM is a spaz, prevent them from seeing how extraordinarily bright he is? Part of his chaotic genius is that because it comes from a bunch of disorganized random firing of brain cells he won't be able to explain his logic well,
This I can agree with.

but if you town read him and he feels this strongly, you should just trust that and do what he says.
Sometimes, yeah. Thing is, you could be literal Einstein and still be wrong sometimes. As for this plan of this,  I don't think having town out all their PRs was the play, even from the perspective of someone who didn't know the entire setup. It always gives the Mafia way too much information to work with for the Town. I think he would've naturally got enough info just by waiting for players to be hit with pressure.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
At the end of the day, town had lost the minute RM had a fit of rage. Town lost focus and only focused on the manner in which he carried himself, meaning that Pie would be townread no matter what. Props to That2 for trying to get the lynch, but Pie had this wrapped DP1 when he put the hammer on me, which made me think he was scum, but when you are lynched there is nothing you can do. It was kinda of suspicious that he voted me without giving a true gage of my activity and that made me think he was scum. But Pie had that down the minute RM started to tunnel him

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
Hahahaha, so your tantrum and crybaby attitude weren't the issue? Me being angry at a toxic piece of crap abusing the fact mods neglect this subforum and me being annoyed that nobody was being an effective town-player except me was the reason we lost?

Fuck off, that is nonsense.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Mharman
Sometimes, yeah. Thing is, you could be literal Einstein and still be wrong sometimes
Yeah but who is more likely to be wrong? It's okay to abandon your own reasoning to that of someone with superior intelligence. That's why elections should really only center around judging the intelligence of the candidates.

For example when voting for president and you have the options of a person with clear signs of dementia and a high IQ Wharton graduate. You take the Wharton graduate 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Vader
Town lost focus and only focused on the manner in which he carried himself, meaning that Pie would be townread no matter what
Dumb for town to lose focus there. Just do what he says and stay focused.