Novice is going to be #1 in 5 days.

Author: ComputerNerd

Total: 29
ComputerNerd
Debates: 15
ComputerNerd
In 5 days, Novice is going to win a debate against catcat and become #1 on the leaderboard. 

Gentlemen, opinions on this development? Personally, I think Novice is an experienced debater but engaged in scummy and toxic tactics to get to where he is. 
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@ComputerNerd
My opinion is that it will take longer than 5 days. Novice is 408 points ahead of catcat. He will only gain 1-2 points from it.
Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@ComputerNerd
In 5 days, Novice is going to win a debate against catcat and become #1 on the leaderboard. 

Gentlemen, opinions on this development? Personally, I think Novice is an experienced debater but engaged in scummy and toxic tactics to get to where he is. 
What "scummy" tactics?

Please elaborate.
Best.Korea
Debates: 272
Best.Korea
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
"Please elaborate"

Does it need to be elaborated?
RationalMadman
Debates: 567
RationalMadman
we all know I'll eventually beat him but the ride is gonna be fun, got 2 hits incoming at the moment so it's not gonna be close to an easy climb.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
A bad debater
Novice_II
Debates: 98
Novice_II
Yeah, I am curious as well because I don't know what ComputerNerd means by "scummy tactics," or "toxic tactics." If all he means by the former is something other than a violation of the site's rules or some sort of cheating, I may not even be interested. And if all he means by the latter is me being "mean" or along those lines, I could not care less. 
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@Vader
Novice isn't bad. He's beaten a pair of good opponents, but he rarely debates good opponents. I wouldn't even call it noobsniping, just "Mallfarming."
Novice_II
Debates: 98
Novice_II
-->
@Mharman
Note that this depends on what you take a "good debater/opponent," to mean. I don't think I have beaten any good opponents because I don't believe there are any on this website with a few exceptions. 
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@Novice_II
You're 1-0 against Intelligence and 1-1 against Oromagi. I'd say both of them are good. Especially when compared to Mall, who you've probably beaten 50 times by now. I don't know, I lost count.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Mharman
That takes no skill to do. I don't doubt he has talent, but I do not have respect on a personal basis for someone who farms debaters to get to the top. People like Ramshutu Trent Ragnar Oromagi and Semperfortis get my respect as debaters. But I will get called bias so oh well
K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
Theoretically, if novice was banned today, would his elo still update in five days? Never really paid attention to that.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@K_Michael
yes
TWS1405
Debates: 0
TWS1405
-->
@ComputerNerd
...but engaged in scummy and toxic tactics to get to where he is. 

Couldn't agree more. 

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ComputerNerd
Opinions on this development.

It's not important.

Just have a nice day.
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
--> @Novice_II:

Yeah, I am curious as well because I don't know what ComputerNerd means by "scummy tactics," or "toxic tactics." If all he means by the former is something other than a violation of the site's rules or some sort of cheating, I may not even be interested. And if all he means by the latter is me being "mean" or along those lines, I could not care less. 
He probably means, for example, employing tactics like condemning and consequently blocking a voter who had cast a legitimate vote against you even though you blatantly cheated per this website's rules. And even though you went as far as to report that vote, your complaint was, without fail, rejected. I don't know for sure, but I suspect you were at least "somewhat interested."

Note that this depends on what you take a "good debater/opponent," to mean. I don't think I have beaten any good opponents because I don't believe there are any on this website with a few exceptions. 
All the more reason your position on the leaderboards is superficial. Your entire debating experience on this site consists mostly of your debating Mall over the most mundane and redundant topics. If you were doing this in some attempt to expose the sometimes trivial and superficial aspect of rising through these leaderboards, then I might've respected you for it. And then to say that you don't think that there are any good opponents on this site, with a few exceptions... well, let me ask you this: what does it indicate about a debater whose behavior is consistent with seeking to be the "top among debaters," the majority of whom he does not believe is any good?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Athias
Just to correct Supadudz and perhaps you, all the top debaters are noobsnipers lol, me included, it's a nice safety mechanism.
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
All great debaters Jake Paul their way to the top. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
Yes, on here and debate.org before it both.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
That's a good analogy because jake paul can genuinely box well but does noobsnipe.
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@RationalMadman
Noob-Sniping is heavily scrutinized, but more common than most admit.

Just to correct Supadudz and perhaps you, all the top debaters are noobsnipers lol, me included, it's a nice safety mechanism.
I agree. The dogpiling on Novice is unjustified, since these statistics are just pixels on a computer screen.  

To the people attacking Novice, you are being dramatic. You take this site way too seriously. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
@Sir.Lancelot
Just like Jake Paul, I would have no problem with him if he didn't think he was better than everyone else when he is not even in the same realm of breathe as other people
Public-Choice
Debates: 18
Public-Choice
-->
@ComputerNerd
engaged in scummy and toxic tactics to get to where he is. 
I mean, yeah. But that's because a good percentage of the voters on this website also vote in scummy and toxic ways. And if not that, they vote based on logically fallacious reasonings rather than on facts and argumentation.

Oromagi literally wrote anti-novice debate propaganda in the voting section of multiple debates just to tank his rating. It was a shell document that he used multiple times. The mods caught on, but it was too late to undo his actions on one of the debates, causing a significant loss to Novice.

Others on this website think an authority substitutes a fact. The loser could literally have all the facts on their side but lose because his source was not "accepted" by the large leftist population on this website.

For instance, Encyclopedia Britannica could state a blatantly wrong fact, and the other person could bring up the original source in question and prove how it was wrong, and a significant percentage people would still vote for the guy using Encyclopedia Britannica because it is an authoritative source.

So to win debates on this website you need to use scummy and toxic tactics. Because your opponents certainly are using them, and the voters might too.

That being said, there are many on this website who vote and debate honestly, and they lose because the other person is literally just being sophistic and using emotional blackmail. So even though the person has the facts, and he makes logical arguments, he still loses because the other person demonizes him, demonizes his sources, takes everything out of context, cherry picks, and then uses authorities as a baseball bat to cripple his opponent's legs. This isn't really debating, and the person who does this hasn't really proven anything, but he will still win because that is how it just happens to work out on here unless you report literally every single vote you receive so they can get removed.
Bones
Debates: 31
Bones
-->
@Vader
I do not have respect on a personal basis for someone who farms debaters to get to the top.

People like Ramshutu Trent Ragnar Oromagi and Semperfortis get my respect as debaters. But I will get called bias so oh well
I don't see how these two sentences can be uttered together. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ComputerNerd
Well, is five days up,

And did they make it.

I'm on the edge of my seat.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Bones
Supa is not the brightest tool in our shed.

Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
1908 vs 1500.

I don't remember the ELO calculation, but I'm guessing it'll be no more than a 5 point shift (my gut says 2 points).

Still, endlessly farming Mall will get him there in only a little more time.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Barney
The irony being that Oromagi voting me into a defeat vs Mall catalysed Novice to earn more per win vs mall.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Barney
My gut says 2 points.

Must have been something you ate.