Why and how did life come about?

Author: Tradesecret

Total: 193
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
In the existence that exists, why did the non-life evolve to a life form?  Does this imply that non-life forms have the ability to be dissatisfied? Or the capacity to want to exist forever? Moreover, how did it come about? Was it intentional, under the guise of the survival of the fittest - although I am not sure how that works. Or was it an accident?  

As someone who is not an evolutionist - and what little I thought I knew, seems to becoming more vague every day, so would someone please assist me here. 

Now I know that this may well do with the origin of all theories - yet - I am not asking about why or how non-life came into being - we can assume that for the sake of the discussion. I am asking about the evolution from non-life to life.   

Now admittedly, having a brain seems better than not having a brain. And the ability to move and communicate seems to be better than not being able to do the same, but they are both value statements. 

Thanks - in anticipation.  
BrotherD.Thomas
Debates: 0
BrotherD.Thomas

MISS TRADESECRET, whose gender went from a “MAN TO A WOMAN,” and then to “OTHER,” then went to her being 53 years old, then 12 years old, then changed to being 14 years old, Debate Runaway on Jesus' true MO,  Bible denier of Jesus being God in the OT, the runaway to what division of Christianity she follows, the pseudo-christian that has committed the Unpardonable Sin, the number 1 Bible ignorant fool regarding the Noah's Ark narrative, SHE SAYS THAT OFFSPRING THAT CURSE THEIR PARENTS SHOULD BE KILLED, states there is FICTION within the scriptures, and is guilty of Revelation 22:18-19, 2 Timothy 4:3, and 1 Timothy 2:12. She obviously had ungodly Gender Reassignment Surgery, Satanic Bible Rewriter, she goes against Jesus in not helping the poor, teaches Christianity at Universities in a “blind leading the blind” scenario, and is a False Prophet, says that Jesus is rational when He commits abortions and makes His creation eat their children, and that Jesus is rational when He allows innocent babies to be smashed upon the rocks, will not debate me on the Trinity Doctrine or the Virgin Birth, has a myriad of EXCUSES not to answer your questions, and says that the Bible contradicts itself, she is a hypocrite, and wants to be called a "doctor" even though she says she isn't one, and she is "AN ADMITTED SEXUAL DEVIANT!!!!!”

YOUR UNGODLY QUOTE SHOWING THAT YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN!!!:  "In the existence that exists, why did the non-life evolve to a life form?"  

Jesus H. Christ, when will your Bible stupidity and slapping Jesus as God in the face ever end?!  ENOUGH!

How dare you question Jesus as God's contradicting Creation stories where Jesus created everything at the beginning in 6 days, where there was no need for your stupid notion of "non-life to life!"  Get it you Bible dolt!  

YOUR SECOND SATANIC POST WHERE YOU WILL BE WIPING THE EGG FROM YOUR FACE FOR WEEKS!: "I am asking about the evolution from non-life to life."

What did you just say in a Religion Forum that has Christian topics, in bringing up EVOLUTION?! BLASPHEME!  To a TRUE Christian like myself, it is called EVILUTION, get it? How dare you Satanically ask about "non-life to life," when you should know  that Jesus as God didn't use that equation, Bible fool!  

Miss Tradesecret, here is a refresher course for you about EXISTENCE in all life forms, where Jesus as our serial killer God handled everything pertaining to life forms in His 6 24 hour days of creation, therefore your comical initial post is MOOT and shows once again that YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN! 

Miss Tradesecret, your homework is to refresh yourself with the 2 Contradicting Creation Stories in Genesis 1 and 2, in seeing how Jesus as God created EVERYTHING where He didn't need a "non-life to life" equation to do so, understood continued Bible fool?

NEXT SATANIC NON-CHRISTIAN WOMAN LIKE "MISS TRADESECRET" THAT SLAPS JESUS AS GOD IN THE FACE AGAIN IN PROPOSING THAT THE CREATION STORIES ARE LIES, WILL BE ...?

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Because we have done experiments that under circumstances both physically and chemically, nucleotides and amino acids could form, bringing about the first RNA, then the first DNA, then the first prokaryote cell, then the first eukaryote cell, and everything just evolved until it became us.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
MISS TRADESECRET, whose gender went from a “MAN TO A WOMAN,” and then to “OTHER,” then went to her being 53 years old, then 12 years old, then changed to being 14 years old, Debate Runaway on Jesus' true MO,  Bible denier of Jesus being God in the OT, the runaway to what division of Christianity she follows, the pseudo-christian that has committed the Unpardonable Sin, the number 1 Bible ignorant fool regarding the Noah's Ark narrative, SHE SAYS THAT OFFSPRING THAT CURSE THEIR PARENTS SHOULD BE KILLED, states there is FICTION within the scriptures, and is guilty of Revelation 22:18-19, 2 Timothy 4:3, and 1 Timothy 2:12. She obviously had ungodly Gender Reassignment Surgery, Satanic Bible Rewriter, she goes against Jesus in not helping the poor, teaches Christianity at Universities in a “blind leading the blind” scenario, and is a False Prophet, says that Jesus is rational when He commits abortions and makes His creation eat their children, and that Jesus is rational when He allows innocent babies to be smashed upon the rocks, will not debate me on the Trinity Doctrine or the Virgin Birth, has a myriad of EXCUSES not to answer your questions, and says that the Bible contradicts itself, she is a hypocrite, and wants to be called a "doctor" even though she says she isn't one, and she is "AN ADMITTED SEXUAL DEVIANT!!!!!”
Gotta say, this is the most elaborate ad hominem I have seen on the internet in text form.

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Tradesecret
In the existence that exists, why did the non-life evolve to a life form?
Random mixing of chemicals. If you think the chances are low, keep in mind the Earth is 4.5B years old and the earliest organisms is 3.7B years ago, meaning that we had hundreds of millions of years of chemical mixing and colliding and forming new chemical substances.

Does this imply that non-life forms have the ability to be dissatisfied? Or the capacity to want to exist forever? Moreover, how did it come about? Was it intentional, under the guise of the survival of the fittest - although I am not sure how that works. Or was it an accident?
Although I am not an expert in animal biology and psychology, I am pretty sure that humans are one of the select few organisms to question the existence and purpose of themselves. That is why the Bible existed: Some smart guy back then just thought there was a god and created the Earth in 7 days, and that was the leading view in the extent they are in control of(Europeans cannot even access America back then). I don't think the earliest organisms even had the capacity to think, they just hung around, and the ones that didn't die mated as usual and the ones that died are unable to pass on their genes, resulting in a change in allele frequency and...yeah, basically survival of the fittest, natural selection, evolution.

It was a chain of accidents, but it ain't broke, so don't fix it.

Now admittedly, having a brain seems better than not having a brain. And the ability to move and communicate seems to be better than not being able to do the same, but they are both value statements. 
Because of the environment. Given the human society now, it is obviously more fit for you to be, say, a woman, than a hen. Life have evolved so brains, legs, and lungs existed, because those with these traits have survived long enough for it to be dominant. And yes, having a big brain, being able to move and communicate, etc. is peak for the human-constructed environment we live in right now. This is also why sponges don't construct apartment buildings. They have lived in the water like that for millions of years and if it ain't broken, again, don't fix it.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Molicula. 

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Intelligence_06
Because we have done experiments that under circumstances both physically and chemically, nucleotides and amino acids could form, bringing about the first RNA, then the first DNA, then the first prokaryote cell, then the first eukaryote cell, and everything just evolved until it became us.
I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.  Can you please put it in layperson's terms?  thanks. 

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
What - please explain?

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Intelligence_06
Random mixing of chemicals. If you think the chances are low, keep in mind the Earth is 4.5B years old and the earliest organisms is 3.7B years ago, meaning that we had hundreds of millions of years of chemical mixing and colliding and forming new chemical substances.
So are you suggesting that in the earliest periods it was all random then? 

Does this imply that non-life forms have the ability to be dissatisfied? Or the capacity to want to exist forever? Moreover, how did it come about? Was it intentional, under the guise of the survival of the fittest - although I am not sure how that works. Or was it an accident?
Although I am not an expert in animal biology and psychology, I am pretty sure that humans are one of the select few organisms to question the existence and purpose of themselves. That is why the Bible existed: Some smart guy back then just thought there was a god and created the Earth in 7 days, and that was the leading view in the extent they are in control of(Europeans cannot even access America back then). I don't think the earliest organisms even had the capacity to think, they just hung around, and the ones that didn't die mated as usual and the ones that died are unable to pass on their genes, resulting in a change in allele frequency and...yeah, basically survival of the fittest, natural selection, evolution.

It was a chain of accidents, but it ain't broke, so don't fix it.
Ok. So completely and utterly an accident or chain of the same?  How do you know it ain't broke? 

Because of the environment. Given the human society now, it is obviously more fit for you to be, say, a woman, than a hen. Life have evolved so brains, legs, and lungs existed, because those with these traits have survived long enough for it to be dominant. And yes, having a big brain, being able to move and communicate, etc. is peak for the human-constructed environment we live in right now. This is also why sponges don't construct apartment buildings. They have lived in the water like that for millions of years and if it ain't broken, again, don't fix it.
Yes, but not life forms exist for many more years than life forms.  you are using a value statement about woman over hens. and again - who says it ain't broke and how can we know? Is there some kind of universal measure for broken or not? 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Intelligence_06
The title of this topic is;

"Why and how did life come about?"

I think this topic is in the wrong sub forum.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Tradesecret
Life is an electro-chemical reaction evolved from fundamental universal properties.

The bigger question is why the existence of fundamental universal properties.

A. Something from nothing.

B. Always something.

Neither seems feasible.

And both improbabilities would apply to a God.

So, by asking how did life come about, you're starting in the middle of a process, moving forwards and taking the back story for granted.

Probably just basing the back story on a 2000 year old pseudo-hypothetical folk tale.
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@Tradesecret
Did you mean to post this thread in the religion forum?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Barney

Tradsecret wrote:   

[A]  I am not asking about why or how non-life came into being  - we can assume that for the sake of the discussion.

[B]  I am asking about the evolution from non-life to life.   
Same thing, surely ? 

Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
If downvotes existed, I'd certainly downvote BrotherD.Thomas's #2.

Personally, I think Why and how did life come about?, can fit in many forums, including the religion.

I think Intelligence_06's #3, is the best of the replies thus far, including mine.
Basically he argues for https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis, I think,
Which one 'could argue is random, but in a way it's not,

Rolls of the dice maybe,
But occurring in X circumstance according to X laws.

People mate, they don't always get a child,
I wouldn't call having kids 'random, though there's chance involved,
I'd argue it occurs in X circumstance.
sadolite
sadolite
We can all speculate the answer, but no one will ever know. Even if we did know, it wouldn't matter, nothing would change. How would any aspect of your life change if you know the origin of life? Would you live your life any differently? You probably wouldn't even believe it anyway no matter how much proof was dumped on you. Proof is no longer a convincing argument.

Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
Is this another one of those
"if I dont know the answer, then God is the answer"?

FLRW
FLRW
The Earth is approximately 4.5 billion years old. The Coelacanth fish is 400 million years old and is alive today. Until a live specimen was discovered in 1938, the coelacanth was thought to have gone extinct about 65 million years ago, along with the dinosaurs. Scientists believe that this mysterious fish represents an early step in the evolution of fish to terrestrial four-legged animals. Coelacanths have many unique characteristics, including its four fins that extend away from its body like legs. These fins also move in an alternating pattern, similar to other four-legged animals, such as a trotting horse.
In the universe there are 10^25 planets that orbit stars, with some ~10^26-10^30 additional starless planets. This is the reason life could form on one planet and my belief is that it did on only one planet.
Stephen
Stephen

Is this another one of those
"if I dont know the answer, then God is the answer"?

I do hope I am wrong. 

But yes. It's another way asking a question about religion and god disguised as a evolution question and another way of saying atheist have the burden of proof (that god doesn't exist). It is a case of ask a question, wait for a  respond, and then tell respondent to prove his case by supporting his response with facts, if he can't there must be a god. And where all facts will be denied and dismissed with the wave of the hand.

Just as this thread turned out to be.
 And the author didn't prove his claims on that thread  either.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Tradesecret
Materialist opinions below.

why did the non-life evolve to a life form?
Because of it's nature and circumstance,

Does this imply that non-life forms have the ability to be dissatisfied?
I doubt it myself,
Though some people attribute consciousness to the inanimate,
Some people think a planet or universe might be conscious, with us being as tiny blood cells, planets as bones, roughly.

Or the capacity to want to exist forever?
If existence is infinite,
Then energy would last forever some people think,
Some think consciousness lasts forever, in some form or another.

Moreover, how did it come about?
Because of it's nature and circumstance,

Was it intentional, under the guise of the survival of the fittest - although I am not sure how that works. Or was it an accident?  
Unintentional, I think myself,
Humans may have aspirations, but they don't always last so long,
Unevolved life would plan even less ahead, I would think.

Though really for all this,
I don't know.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Lemming
So if life is so simple to make (and it really kind of is), why isn't new life forms popping up all over the place?
Because all life, new and old, is made of food, and bacterial life is already everywhere. Even deep in the ocean, surrounding volcanic vents, there exists a rich and well-established eco-system, liable to eat anything that could potentially start a new tree of life, and even if an early cell could develop, it would either rapidly be eaten or out-competed by creatures with a good 4 billion years and change of evolution on it.
New life, even if conditions are such that it can form, simply can't hack it in the wild, and probably never will. In fact, it hasn't had a chance for billions of years.
The math of this is fairly simple: Even if a new strain of life unrelated to our own last universal ancestor (LUA) should turn up on the scene and replicate out to a trillion individuals (about 40 generations), and even if it could go toe to toe with established bacteria, it just can't measure up, because it's not about the battle.
Every time a LUA creature eats a new universal ancestor (NUA) creature, the NUA loses a trillionth of its strength.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@FLRW
I think that's a well put theory, that seems most likely to myself as well.

Earth environment isn't what it once was,
As well as evolution can take a 'long time, glaciers don't 'look much like they're moving either, often.
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Intelligence_06

Intelligence_06,

YOUR TRUTHFUL QUOTE ABOUT THE BIBLE DUMBFOUNDED MISS TRADESECRET: "Gotta say, this is the most elaborate ad hominem I have seen on the internet in text form."

Yes, as shown in the passages below, relative to Miss Tradesecret in Jesus' inspired words, He allows me to make Miss Tradesecret the Bible stupid fool that she truly is upon this Religion Forum, where what she thinks she knows about the scriptures, and subsequent to Jesus and I Bible Slapping her Silly,®️ she doesn't!

"A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion." (Proverbs 18:2)

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction." (Proverbs 1:7

This following  passage is one of my favorites when dealing with Miss Tradesecret, whereas it is self-explanatory, where her Bible stupidity comes from her lips, and therefore invites a verbal beating by me and other members!  "A fool's lips walk into a fight, and his mouth invites a beating." (Proverbs 18:6)

Besides, Miss Tradesecret is a woman as shown in this link as a female gender; https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEGZNA4  therefore, she is not even supposed to be within this forum in the first place usurping the authority over the man's knowledge as Jesus' inspired words state below:

"Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. " (1 Timothy 2:11-12)

Therefore, as easily shown by only a few of her ungodly missteps above,  she is NOT A CHRISTIAN!   Where even she has concluded this fact by her removing her Religion choice on her biography from a Christian before, to now being "unknown" as this link explicitly shows: https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEHHVMT

In the same context of this passage, Jesus HATES the Bible stupid of His creation like Miss Tradesecret“For my people are foolish; they know me not; they are stupid children; they have no understanding. They are ‘wise’—in doing evil! But how to do good they know not.” (Jeremiah 4:22)

Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Intelligence_06
MISS TRADESECRET, whose gender went from a “MAN TO A WOMAN,” and then to “OTHER,” then went to her being 53 years old, then 12 years old, then changed to being 14 years old, Debate Runaway on Jesus' true MO,  Bible denier of Jesus being God in the OT, the runaway to what division of Christianity she follows, the pseudo-christian that has committed the Unpardonable Sin, the number 1 Bible ignorant fool regarding the Noah's Ark narrative, SHE SAYS THAT OFFSPRING THAT CURSE THEIR PARENTS SHOULD BE KILLED, states there is FICTION within the scriptures, and is guilty of Revelation 22:18-19, 2 Timothy 4:3, and 1 Timothy 2:12. She obviously had ungodly Gender Reassignment Surgery, Satanic Bible Rewriter, she goes against Jesus in not helping the poor, teaches Christianity at Universities in a “blind leading the blind” scenario, and is a False Prophet, says that Jesus is rational when He commits abortions and makes His creation eat their children, and that Jesus is rational when He allows innocent babies to be smashed upon the rocks, will not debate me on the Trinity Doctrine or the Virgin Birth, has a myriad of EXCUSES not to answer your questions, and says that the Bible contradicts itself, she is a hypocrite, and wants to be called a "doctor" even though she says she isn't one, and she is "AN ADMITTED SEXUAL DEVIANT!!!!!”
Gotta say, this is the most elaborate ad hominem I have seen on the internet in text form.
You know it's not serious don't you?  

Brother D and Miss Tradesecret are married, and this banter they do is just part of the role playing thing they do, it's like foreplay. 
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Lemming

Lemming,

YOUR UNGODLY QUOTE REGARDING THE BIBLE FOOL MISS TRADESECRET: "If downvotes existed, I'd certainly downvote BrotherD.Thomas's #2."

Yes, we know that Miss Tradesecret is supposed to be a CHRISTIAN, where her Bible stupidity shows that she is not a Christian!  But, with her erroneous thinking
that she still thinks she is a Christian, then she outright slapped Jesus as God in the face by not accepting His 2 contradicting creation stories in Genesis 1 and 2, where He created all life forms instantly! Therefore,  Miss Tradesecret's fallacious notion of "why did the non-life evolve to a life form" is MOOT, understood? If anything, Miss Tradesecret should get the down vote from you! LOL!

Listen up Hell bound Atheist, I'll take care of the Christian Bible stuff, and you can spew forth your laughable scientific mumbo-jumbo about your ungodly evolution in relation to the Genesis creation narratives, get it?

You are excused.

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@FLRW

FLRW,

YOUR UNGODLY AND EMBARRASSING QUOTE IN POST #17 TO MISS TRADESECRET!: "The Earth is approximately 4.5 billion years old"

WRONG!  Since I am the only TRUE Christian within this Religion Forum, and whereas Miss Tradesecret is a lame pseudo-christian at best, whereas we both have to biblically accept that the earth was reformed from a void by Jesus as God (Genesis 1:2)  in only 6000 years ago!  Duh!  Your preposterous statement of the earth is 4.5 billion years old is laughable! LOL!

Jesus as God of the Christian Bible did His creation of our solar system, the universe, and earth in six 24 hour days (Genesis 1:1-19), at approximately 4000 years ago as biblically shown in years by the chronological order of families in Luke 3:23-38 from Adam to Jesus. This includes men living in longer life's than they do now. I had to point this out to Miss Tradesecret a while back because of her Bible stupidity wasn't aware of this biblical axiom! 

Then simply, from Jesus to the present day is approximately 2000 years, therefore, totaling out at approximately 6000 years for the earth in being created by Jesus as God, praise!  Therefore, when you said the earth is 4.5 billion years old at this time, then you CONTRADICT Jesus' explicit time period of  the earth being biblically created 6000 years ago by Him! BLASPHEME! 

Remember, the TRUE Christian like myself has to follow this Jesus inspired passage where we follow biblical axioms as shown above, over the silly scientific gibberish posed by ungodly scientists:  "We must obey God rather than men." (Acts 5:29)

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Sidewalker

Sidewalker,

YOUR SICKENING AND PUKING QUOTE ERRONEOUSLY STATING THAT MISS TRADESECRET AND I ARE DOING SEXUAL FOREPLAY!:  "Brother D and Miss Tradesecret are married, and this banter they do is just part of the role playing thing they do, it's like foreplay." 

Listen up Sidewalker, I wouldn't be caught dead in even being near Miss Tradesecret, and I wouldn't touch her with a 10 foot Pole, or a Czechoslovakian, whereas you could probably see where God's creation has touched her by counting the bruises she has in being a SEXUAL DEVIANT with her family members as I have unfortunately had to bring  to the forefront that she even admits too, in her NOT BEING a real Christian!

Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
@Stephen

"another way of saying atheist have the burden of proof"

Its hard to disprove fairy tales. So naturally, religious people hope to confuse an atheist by making him feel like he has to prove that God doesnt exist.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Best.Korea
@Best.Korea,

So naturally, religious people hope to confuse an atheist by making him feel like he has to prove that God doesnt exist.

It is the theist that always seem to be confused about whose shoulders the burden of proof lays. It is the universally accepted fact that the B of P lays with he that brings the claim- accept in the small mind of the theist. 
Like I have already pointed out, this thread is nothing more than a very poor backdoor ploy to put the B of P onto the shoulders of the atheist by framing the question under the guise of  the very old evolutionary question of where did it all come from and how? And posed by a narcissist that thinks he is way above the intelligence of others here.

I am more interested in seeing how he copes with those he has clearly underestimated.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Tradesecret
Your assuming that is what occurred. You do realize other options exist?

I am asking about the evolution from non-life to life.   
All that is possible to occur, within an eternally existent Universe, will eventually occur and, repeatedly so.

There is still the other option.  Here is a clue

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Barney
Did you mean to post this thread in the religion forum?
Yes I did. 

I was coming at this from a religious perspective - and wanted to know some of the alternate views. I anticipate that I will engage with these in due course. Thanks for asking though.  I considered the other forums, but knew it would ultimately become a religious discussion.