Remember Me? Real Murky memory there... Oh you do? Nice.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 84
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
The president's power is limited to giving recommendations, as well as vetoing permabans (and the vetoes can be overridden by simple majority vote). 
This is the biggest thing on this site with respect to free speech. RM has a history of blocking people he disagrees with and calls it harassment when we call out his idiocy.

He still has be blocked right now. No mod will ever vote for RM. I can promise you that. They’re not going to publically say it, but everyone here knows they dislike RM
Best.Korea
Debates: 270
Best.Korea
-->
@ILikePie5
"RM has a history of blocking people he disagrees with"

Yes, and that will help his campaign a lot.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Best.Korea
Yes, and that will help his campaign a lot.
Lmaoooo
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
Blocking someone has nothing to do with freedom of speech at all. After all, you are here freely speaking.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@AustinL0926
Plan? Surely it depends on user amount and interest.

Debate tournaments of varying structures will be tried out. I gain nothing revealing them nor will i pretend there even is a secret grand scheme.

I guarantee you they will not all be as simple as loser is knocked out permanently. ;)

Some may, for simplicity. The idea is to make them so fun they can be simultaneously and still keep interest, a side leaderboard of sorts, special awards for voters inside the tournament for quality ofvotes etc.

The website does not reward us enough short-term and many human brains need those tiny rewards, I dont just means those medal things here, I mean real pat-on-the-back type recognition.

We will also host events to do with images etc and I for one can choose best avatar etc if needed, solo.

I can hardcarry the entire year of entertaonment if need be minus certain months for irl shit but even then I can pasively host to a decent degree.

This is a hobby for me, not just a waste of time, no matter how dead it appears to others. That is what makes me unique vs most and why I do not care if I lose this either as I know I can still co tribute and enjoy regardless, just less so in terms of official anything.

If I give my all to the events even if I lose that defeats the purpose of the office and what choosing an entertainer means.

Until they separate the roles, I am not gonna be head site even host without being president. I also do want that foot in to prove objectively I can reason with and handle the mod stuff behind the scenes, I have a lot of wisdom they have on and off relied on, regardless. When I say they I mean whiteflame and Barney, Supadudz is not really doing his job. Yes, I say it publicly and yes, I am absolutely certain of it.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Blocking someone has nothing to do with freedom of speech at all. After all, you are here freely speaking.
Sure it does. Especially considering you blocked me for “harassment” and think I should be banned for it lol. If you were President and the mods banned me, you would do nothing about it
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@RationalMadman
Alright, that sounds reasonable. You'll probably have my vote, unless a particularly good candidate shows up.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
You have a toxic playstyle in terms of how I experience you and I have a playstyle that apparently pisses many off, even those I hypercarry.

That is a mafia games matter and I can agree I don't fit in there at all anymore, it's still an area I'll take interest in and in fact you are not only a skilled player  (relative to the norm there, you are definitely above average) but you are also a regular and passionate one. So, I am pretty sure there is going to be 0 friction between us on any matter there.

You can believe what you want, I don't like you but when I have to, I will unblock and work with you to any degree. You don't get that as you have a fundamental belief that all the other stuff is a mask I wear and only the raging me is the real me when really all are different elements/sides of the real me.

I am not interested in proving anything, I know for sure I won't have your vote and you also know you won't have mine. We don't like each other, me forcing even slightly here is pointless. You aren't the same as Athias, you are someone akin to a select few who genuinely dislike my vibe and who I am as a member here (Athias is similar but more so is convinced there is a better agenda to support, namely 3RU7AL's though I don't doubt he'll vote you over me if that member doesn't run). I don't really care about it because I realise you won't budge.

As in, I could spend years reformed and you'd still believe I'm a scumbag deep down, the reason is also why I dislike you and why we won't get along. You are a very rigid thinker and experiencer of life where I'm a very fluid, lax-structured one. We will not see eye to eye on this, I am sure of that. It actually leaks into so many other issues where we clash, even in IRL politics.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Actions speak louder than works
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
Alright, that sounds reasonable. You'll probably have my vote, unless a particularly good candidate shows up.
Why does he have to be President to do that?
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@ILikePie5

"The ability to envision and execute community events, pending the approval and assistance of moderation."
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
There’s nothing stopping him from doing it right now if he wants. He doesn’t even need mod approval tbh. I seriously doubt Airmax and Lunatic asked the mods when they did their
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@ILikePie5
Literally anyone would be a better President than RM. His “realization” of free speech is a scam and a lie.
RM isn't running to be a mod, and I don't think he can persuade any of the mods to change their modding philosophy. 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@RationalMadman
I am so sorry for the dull travesty that was Airmax. 

I don't think Supadudz is that wise or fit to lead the website in the position he is in. 

Mike the guy barely interested to be loyal to his promises to revamp and update the site

These are all of your quotes just in the opening post.

Your role as president may require you to work with all of these people. You mentioned more people in other posts in this thread. 

I can accept that you are human and imperfect, but these types of insults are very clear character flaws. It's a shame also, because it somewhat obscures the fact that you are a very empathetic guy and you also have a great history of fighting for the little guy. 

Do you plan on doing anything to work on that character flaws, so I can feel good voting for you? 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
Hold on. Why am I tagged? 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
I can work with all of those people but airmax is not really an okay thing with me, na.

If airmax became mod I'd be willing to step down, I resent him as a person and think he's a corrupt, manipulative two-faced guy I can never trust.

Supadudz I disagree with but he's very honest and straightforward, Mike and I have no issues, he's just got lazier with the website for the past year (and a half actually).
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@RationalMadman
People are. Generally selfish. I think you made a good case for yourself, but why should people vote for you? How will you benefit them? 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
That depends on the person. It also depends who I am up against. Currently we have a series of people either too inactive or too spineless to say they're running that are only going to opportunistically run later if they feel like it even though if you run you can drop out anyway (proving it's a spineless move, not a noble one since they aren't forced to stay running if they do).

I am the only one who since the start of the 18th EST (I assume it was from EST time) to now, has run clearly, open to feedback, criticism and all sorts.

I am also familiar with your carpet-pulling tactics, you can keep asking your questions intended to screw me over with what I answer, this time it will absolutely not work.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@RationalMadman
I am the only one who since the start of the 18th EST (I assume it was from EST time) to now, has run clearly, open to feedback, criticism and all sorts.
That goes a long way to show you are open to criticisms and want to be honest with people.

I am also familiar with your carpet-pulling tactics, you can keep asking your question intended to screw me over with what I answer, this time it will absolutely not work.

I don't think you know my intent. I really want to support you. 

Believe it or not, last time I didn't want to run. I was looking for a way to support you, but you kept attacking me and being on the defensive. I felt compelled to run and perhaps it was wrong to do so. 

I am asking you questions here because I want to support you. I am also asking them publicly because I am sure there. Are people who have the same questions as me.

I want you to stop being defensive. You seem to be unaware of people's motives and assume things. I am not trying to trap you. I am trying to gauge whether I should help you or not.

I can tell you I won't run this time at all. I hope nobody runs against you either. 

I liked your first response to me. You seemed to soften some of those sharp criticisms of people you may need to work with, and hopefully you continue to work on how you view and talk about other people.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
I didn't soften anything. The team last time were some rapidly shifting thing from David and Barney who had completely fucked me over personally and who I came to realise had no idea what they were doing and strongly needed guiding a lot.

Whiteflame has impressed me over the last year. He is actually a much better mod than I thought, I don't think he's a natural leader at all which makes what he's pulled off even more amazing. It's a natural team-playing follower thrusted into a leadership position who hasn't fucked up even once overall.

I am giving credit where it is due, I agree with almost all of his calls, his voting is terrible and overrated but his calls on votes in terms of moderation are pretty reasonable even when/if I've disagreed with his call.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
David and Barney who had completely fucked me over personally and who I came to realise had no idea what they were doing and strongly needed guiding a lot.
I don't agree with the modding philosophy of Barney or David, and I think you know how David's actions affected me. 

I hope you work on your diplomacy though. You truly have a lot to offer but if you can't be more diplomatic, it's going to mean you accomplish less of your agenda as president than you could otherwise. 

Even whiteflame who you are complimenting it almost seems like the compliments are back handed, though I am sure you don't intend them to be.

You say he isn't a natural born leader. Personally I can't tell you if he is or isn't. I know I am a natural leader. He seems to take perhaps a more collaborative approach to leadership, which is probably good here, but ultimately I hope you really start thinking through what you type, even if that means you have to type less often. 

You can be a great asset to the community as president, but only if you can really lead this community. It involves more diplomacy and a better ability to pull people together instead of using divisive language. 

I know you have a great heart, which is what we need in a leader. I know you have a ton of great ideals which I would like the mods and the community to give the time of day. I just hope you can also work on diplomacy.

I can tell you one thing that will prove your diplomacy skills and ease the minds of voters. If you can start building a team around you that can help you once you win and perhaps even before you win. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Nobody was with me through the shit, nobody will be there with me after it. :)

I know how to spot a real friend or not, on here I have none for now. That's okay, from what I see this isn't about that level of friendship and I happen to tend to befriend people who chill out in the background anyway, it's why they like what a lively person I am so those that like me tend to sit back and trust I'll handle my own shit.

The role is solo, no team is happening. If you want to work with me, you're welcome to, after I win but you get no official anything. You can keep pretending I'm being defensive and paranoid, I see exactly what you're doing here.

You never ever asked airmax these types of questions and tried to twist everything he said, never once. This isn't fair grilling or some intrigue to vote for me. I see through you Wylted and am done answering anything other than direct questions from you, cheers.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@RationalMadman
You never ever asked airmax these types of questions
I asked him for a lot of assurances before I dropped out in PM. 

I know how to spot a real friend or not, on here I have none for now

That's good. You can't really know how many of us are well enough to know if we would make good friends in real life

The role is solo, no team is happening. If you want to work with me, you're welcome to, after I win but you get no official anything. 

I just would like to see a team because I think it would demonstrate your ability to be diplomatic. Some other people have shown concerns about your diplomacy skills and it would put them at ease as well, I assume.

I honestly don't know what I could help you with, other than what I am trying to help you with now as we talk. 

I know you alluded to me trying to vy for a title or something, but honestly I just want to see you build your own team with the people you want on it. Hopefully people that balance you out.  It doesn't look like you have an interest in doing so. I hope you change your mind. 

You can keep pretending I'm being defensive and paranoid, 
Just defensive. Drop the ego. 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
If anyone cares here is my breakdown of the positives and negatives of this candidate 

Positives
  1. Lots of energy will be a very active president
  2. Campaigned early and displayed. Character for doing so
  3. Fights for the little guy. You can depend on him to have his heart in the right place
  4. Has a pre established budding relationship with the mod team and could be a good advocate based on that

Negatives

1. Doesn't play well with others in a position that requires a lot of diplomacy and team building. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
#52.

Friendly advice.

Don't let yourself down with posts like the above, by behaving contrary to what you say.

You need to remain  impartial, unemotional and diplomatic in such circumstances.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
Does diplomatic mean being fake nice and outright lying if I suspect someone of malicious intent? Just curious.

If the use of the word 'shit' was the issue, I can talk cleaner. I am genuinely asking how I seemed to break those 3 standards.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@RationalMadman
If you suspect someone of malicious intent you should think about the reasons why. You shouldn't call them out.

In fact you should generally assume your suspicions  are wrong and treat them under the assumption they are working with good intentions.

This is diplomacy. You aren't God, you don't know what is in the heart of another person. You assume they have good intent until absolutely proven wrong beyond any reasonable doubt. 

This doesn't involve being fake nice in any way. It is merely behaving as you want to be treated. You don't want somebody to assume malevolent intent with you, don't assume it with them. 

I want you to surround yourself with a good team and promise to work on being a better person so I can drop out of the race. This is very inconvenient for me. 

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
All you did was prove me correct. Cheers.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@RationalMadman
Reluctantly so. I was really hoping you were ready. You'll most likely win this so I am hoping maybe being challenged will get you to do some introspection so you are ready when you most likely win
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
I introspect daily so that is a guarantee.