Christians don't hate the LGBTQ+ community

Author: YouFound_Lxam

Total: 267
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
I am a Christian, so I think I speak for most Christians (at least the real Christians) when I say that we don't hate the LGBTQ+ community. We just disagree with them.
Some stereotypes of the church today, paints a picture of the church, acting as if all LGBTQ+ peoples are to be hated upon, and discriminated against. But this stereotype is not true with the majority of Christian churches today. 

As Christians, we base all of our teachings on the Bible. So, using the Bible, we can argue, that true Christians who believe and read God's word do not hate the LGBTQ+ community. 

Luke 6:27-32, “But I say to you that listen, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you. 29If anyone strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also; and from anyone who takes away your coat do not withhold even your shirt. 30Give to everyone who begs from you; and if anyone takes away your goods, do not ask for them again. 31Do to others as you would have them do to you. 32"

John 4:20, "If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen."

Leviticus 19:17-18, “You shall not hate your brother in your heart, but you shall reason frankly with your neighbor, lest you incur sin because of him. You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord."

These verses from the Bible show that God teaches to love your enemy's and people you don't agree with. Not to hate them. But don't hear what I am not saying.
God also teaches to be wise with who you spend your time around, and that we can still disagree with people. There can be disagreement without hate.

2 Timothy 2:15, "Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth."

Romans 14:1-6, "As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. ..."

This verse especially shows what God is trying to tell us. He says "...the one who is weak in faith, welcome him..."

He also says "...Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him."

He tells us "Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand." As in, God will judge them in the end. It is not our job to judge them for what they have chosen to do.
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
Yes after 2000 years of killing gays, lets pretend we dont hate them anymore.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
We can't be responsible for the actions of the people who came before us. 

That would be like me saying my dad murdered someone, therefore I should be in prison.
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Yes the Christianity today is different from Christianity preached for the past 2000 years.

Its probably because Christians have reached a new understanding of the Bible.

It only took them 2000 years to change "kill gays" to "I disagree with gays".
BrotherD.Thomas
Debates: 0
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@YouFound_Lxam

YouFound_Lxam,

WHAT THE FU*K ARE YOU STARTING ANOTHER THREAD FOR, WHEN YOU CAN'T EVEN FINISH YOUR OTHER THREAD WHERE YOU WERE MADE THE BIBLE IDIOT BECAUSE YOU DID NOT PROVE IN AN ABSOLUTE MANNER THAT JESUS, AS OUR BRUTAL SERIAL KILLER GOD, EXISTED?!  H-E-L-L-O?!

Furthermore, you have RAN AWAY from my posts to you for 4 days now, and counting now, just like Miss Tradesecret does, and that is because you LIED in stating that you already addressed Matthew 15:3-4, where you obviously didn't, otherwise you would NOT be running away like a snot-nosed little pseudo-christian boy!  The link in question is shown below at your embarrassing expense within this Religion Forum, understood Bible fool?!

Since you LIED, as shown above, the outcome upon your earthly death is this: “But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.” (Revelation 21:8)

With godly ease, Jesus and I will have you once again RUNNING AWAY from biblical axioms in this comical thread of yours, understood pseudo-christian Bible inept fool?  Yeah, you do!  HANG ON!

NEXT PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN LIKE THE UNCHRISTIAN LIKE "YOU FOUND_LXAM" THAT STARTS ANOTHER THREAD, WHERE HIS LAST THREAD WAS A JOKE FOR HIM BECAUSE HE DID NOT PROVE BEYOND ANY DOUBT THAT JESUS, AS GOD, EXISTED. WILL LAUGHABLY BE ...?

SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@Best.Korea
@YouFound_Lxam
As Christians, we base all of our teachings on the Bible.

It only took them 2000 years to change "kill gays" to "I disagree with gays".
In fairness, the Bible didn't prohibit homosexuality until 1946 with the RSV translation. "Biblical" condemnation of LGBTQ is a modern invention. Its not hate because, you know, it's in 'the word of the Lord' (just ignore the fact that we put it there).

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I am a Christian, so I think I speak for most Christians (at least the real Christians) when I say that we don't hate the LGBTQ+ community.

What is a "real Christian"?

As Christians, we base all of our teachings on the Bible. So, using the Bible, we can argue, that true Christians who believe and read God's word do not hate the LGBTQ+ community.

All very hypocritical then.

I can only think that this must be a distraction thread. Because what you have written above is simply not true - according to you own scriptures. Have you never read and understood the meaning of the word - Abomination?

abomination
/əˌbɒmɪˈneɪʃn/
Learn to pronounce

noun

1. a thing that causes disgust or loathing.
  2. a feeling of hatred.
  3. atrocity
  4. disgrace
  5. horror
  6. obscenity
  7. outrage
  8. curse
  9. torment
  10. evil
  11. crime
  12. monstrosity
  13. violation

Leviticus 20:13  "If a man also lie with mankind as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death: their blood shall be upon them". <<<< god's words.

What is it you have written above again?  >> "Christians who believe and read God's word do not hate the LGBTQ+ community."

Well your god certainly "hates" homosexuality and homosexuals and makes no excuse for it either. He even presses home his point too, saying;

"Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you".Deuteronomy 4:2

Or is it as I have always said often on this forum? That this is a case  of Christians adopting a god from an ancient time an ancient place and an ancient culture that they didn't know or even understand.

You Christians made this cross for your own backs and you have to learn to live with it.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Best.Korea
Yes after 2000 years of killing gays, lets pretend we dont hate them anymore.

And pretend god didn't mean homosexuals.
Leviticus 20:13  "If a man also lie with mankind as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death: their blood shall be upon them"

and "all transvestites".

"The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God".Deuteronomy 22:5

I can only think that YouFound_Lxam want's to send us all back to the days of Sodom and Gomorrah,........... and we know what happened there don't we.

Gion
Gion
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
personally-maybe its just me idk, "disagreeing" with somethin' like sexuality or gender is usually equivalent with voting against their rights and such? for example, hurtin' gay people by votin' against legalizing gay marriage or hurtin' trans people by votin' for trans genocide/supression bills.
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I am a Christian, so I think I speak for most Christians (at least the real Christians) when I say that we don't hate the LGBTQ+ community. We just disagree with them.
I am a [INSERT MADE-UP IDEOLOGY], so I think I speak for most [INSERT SAID IDEOLOGY] when I say that we don’t hate the straight community. We just disagree with them.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Gion
 by votin' against legalizing gay marriage or hurtin' trans people by votin' for trans genocide.

Well isn't that what the god of Christians promotes, encourages and commands?
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@YouFound_Lxam

YouFound_Lxam, who is vying to be more Bible stupid than Miss Tradesecret,

YOUR ERRONEOUS BIBLE STUPID QUOTE AGAIN IN LEADING OFF ANOTHER EMBARRASSING THREAD OF YOURS: “Christians don't hate the LGBTQ+ community”

True Christians don’t hate the LGBTQ community because they don’t have time to do so, this is because they are ordered by Jesus as God to MURDER these sexuallly immoral of His Creation as the word of Jesus stipulates in the following passages below, get it Bible fool!

“PUT TO DEATH therefore what is earthly in you: SEXUAL IMMORALITY, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry." (Colossians 3:5)

“If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: THEY SHALL SURELY BE PUT DEATH; their blood shall be upon them.” (Leviticus 20:13)

So God let them go ahead and do whatever shameful things their hearts desired.  As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies.  Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies.  So they worshiped the things God made but not the Creator himself, who is to be praised forever.  Amen.  That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires …… THEY ARE FULLY AWARE OF GOD’S DEATH PENALTY FOR THOSE WHO DO THESE THINGS, yet they go right ahead and do them anyway.  And, worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too.  (Romans 1:24-26, 32)

Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.“ (Proverbs 30:5)

YouFound_Lxam, when you run into the ungodly LGBTQ people, do you follow Jesus’ orders in the passages above, and if not, why not Bible HYPOCRITE fool?!

EXPLAIN:

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@YouFound_Lxam

YouFound_Lxam, who is vying to be more Bible stupid than Miss Tradesecret,

YOUR BIBLE STUPIDISM ONCE AGAIN IN FRONT OF THE MEMBERSHIP:  “We can't be responsible for the actions of the people who came before us.  That would be like me saying my dad murdered someone, therefore I should be in prison.”

JESUS SAYS YOU ARE WRONG AGAIN IN YOUR QUOTE ABOVE! : “The Lord is slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love, forgiving iniquity and transgression, but he will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, to the third and the fourth generation.” (Numbers 14:18).

Get it? Or do you need this passage above explained to you regarding your Bible inept quote above in front of the membership again?

YouFound_Lxam, are you just naturally Bible stupid, or do you practice in being Bible stupid 24/7/365? LOL!

NEXT DUMBFOUNDED OF THE BIBLE LIKE THE PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN “YOUFOUND_LXAM" THAT WEARS HIS "I'M BIBLE STUPID" BADGE WITH PRIDE, WILL BE …?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
YouFound_Lxam, who is vying to be more Bible stupid than Miss Tradesecret,

YOUR ERRONEOUS BIBLE STUPID QUOTE AGAIN IN LEADING OFF ANOTHER EMBARRASSING THREAD OF YOURS: “Christians don't hate the LGBTQ+ community”

True Christians don’t hate the LGBTQ community because they don’t have time to do so, this is because they are ordered by Jesus as God to MURDER these sexuallly immoral of His Creation 

And that,-as they say - is that!
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Gion
Voting against certain actions and behaviors, doesn't necessitate hate of the individual, I'd argue.
Society is full of people who disagree one what actions and behaviors ought take place in it,
And vote against other people's desired state of law.
. . .
Or for their own, rather than 'against others, depends on how one looks at it.

@NoOneInParticular
. . . Hm, only comments I find worth reading in this thread, are YouFound_Lxam's and Gion's. So far.
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@SkepticalOne
In fairness, the Bible didn't prohibit homosexuality until 1946 with the RSV translation. "Biblical" condemnation of LGBTQ is a modern invention. Its not hate because, you know, it's in 'the word of the Lord' (just ignore the fact that we put it there).
That can be disproved with a 30 second internet search. Here's the KJV, which came long before the RSV:

Romans 1:26-27
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Leviticus 18:22
22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

As a rule of thumb, if you see an article that says "Here's something about a document we noticed today that somehow no one noticed for 2000 years", it's usually revisionist rubbish.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@SkepticalOne
In fairness, the Bible didn't prohibit homosexuality until 1946 with the RSV translation. "Biblical" condemnation of LGBTQ is a modern invention. Its not hate because, you know, it's in 'the word of the Lord' (just ignore the fact that we put it there).Link
From the link -"mistranslation" .

These verses are perfectly clear as are the sentence for committing these "abominations" . Or are those death sentence also a mistranslation?

Leviticus 20:13  "If a man also lie with mankind as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death: their blood shall be upon them"

and "all transvestites".

"The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God". Deuteronomy 22:5

I can only think that YouFound_Lxam want's to send us all back to the days of Sodom and Gomorrah,...........

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
As Christians, we base all of our teachings on the Bible.
These Christians would like a word. They seem super into being inclusive and loving , and they're also using the actual words in the BIBLE to support their position. And they're not REMOTELY alone. I'm glad for any Christian person who's not hating on gays, but to say you speak for most Christians seems to need a little more background. 

GnosticChristianBishop
GnosticChristianBishop
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
 "We just disagree with them."

On the love hate or harm care response graph line, that modern moralists use, that is the hate side.

If you are to put sexual and gender issues above the love issue in value, that is hardly a way to do unto others, which is suposed to be what Christianity is all about.

Jesus said that what you do to the lowest you do to me.

Let me rephrase what I see you saying; Christians disagree with Jesus and punish where there is no victim and will embrace homophobia and misogyny.

That, I think is closer, to Christian right wing thinking.

That is why the more moral are leaving in droves.

Regards
DL

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ludofl3x
These Christians would like a word. They seem super into being inclusive and loving , and they're also using the actual words in the BIBLE to support their position. And they're not REMOTELY alone. I'm glad for any Christian person who's not hating on gays, but to say you speak for most Christians seems to need a little more background. 
I would say that there are some Christians out there, like for instance Brother D., who have tried to "accept the fact" that God is a serial killer, and hates certain people, and sends them to Hell. Thats not what true Christians believe.

If you are a true Christain, then you base the majority of your beliefs on the Bible. The Bible goes against hating people just because of what they want to do. It is not our job to judge, but rather it is our job to love people, and to love and obey God.
SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@SirAnonymous
It is a fact that "homosexuality" was not in the Bible until 1946. That much is objectively true. Now an argument can be made for biblical condemnation of homosexuality without calling it out by name, but this necessarily dependent on questionable translations of Hebrew words. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Given that millions of  people label as both Christian and LGBTQ, and that most loosely labelled Christians probably couldn't give a toss.

Then clearly, hatred is only really the remit of a certain minority hard-line Christian faction.

Christian bullies if you like, who think that they know better than everyone else. And that everyone else should do as they say.

Sort of typically how things occur socio-politically.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
If you are a true Christain, then you base the majority of your beliefs on the Bible.
But the are basing their beliefs on the bible. Why are they wrong and you right? And I'd question how you arrive at "majority" of your beliefs on the bible, like where do you draw the line, but that's probably a whole different topic. For example, what should be done with a woman who's not a virgin when she gets married, based on the bible?

The Bible goes against hating people just because of what they want to do.
In some spots yes, in other spots no, and the bible's full of groups of people hating other groups of people. 

SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@SkepticalOne
It is a fact that "homosexuality" was not in the Bible until 1946. That much is objectively true.
True or false, it's a non sequitir. The Bible clearly condemns it in other places without having to use the word itself.

However, it is not objectively true that the word was not in the Bible. The Greek word in question is arsenokoitēsTo quote even a source biased against the Bible, RationalWiki:
Arsenokoitēs (αρσενοκοίτης) is a Greek word found in the New Testament, specifically in some verses that are generally considered a prohibition against homosexuality. It is a portmanteau of arsen, one of the Greek words for male, and koite, the Greek word for bed, echoing the phrasing of the Septuagint rendering of Leviticus 18:22.[1]
The verses in question are in 1 Corinthians and 1 Timothy, both thought to be part of Paul's writings (although there is some debate about this in the case of Timothy - see 'Forgery' below). In context, the lines say "Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived ; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor malebedders..."[2] and "and immoral men and malebedders and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching..."[3]
Arsenokoites is extremely rare in ancient Greek - so rare, there is no other extant use predating or contemporary to the Bible (a linguistic phenomenon known as a hapax legomenon). Philo is often claimed to have used it around 35 CE.[4][5] Some believe the claim to be false.[6] The context in which it is used in Corinthians suggests that it is the dominant partner of a homosexual relationship[7] (of one who assumes the dominant role in same-sex activity, opp. μαλακός)[8]. Some liberal Christians insist it refers specifically to pimps or pederasts, but there's no more evidence to support this meaning than any other.
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@YouFound_Lxam

YOUR INSIDIOUS RUNAWAY QUOTE ONCE AGAIN: "I would say that there are some Christians out there, like for instance Brother D., who have tried to "accept the fact" that God is a serial killer, and hates certain people, and sends them to Hell. Thats not what true Christians believe."

You Bible dolt, you cannot use the phrase "Thats not what true Christians believe" in the manner where they go directly against BIBLE FACTS as I have shown you in my post #12 to you that you are still RUNNING AWAY from like a little boy pseudo-christian! Understood Bible runaway?

Regarding my post #12 to YOU in where Jesus as God says to murder the LGBQT community, and gays in general, I asked you to explain the following: YouFound_Lxam, when you run into the ungodly LGBTQ people, do you follow Jesus’ orders in the passages above, and if not, why not Bible HYPOCRITE fool?!

NOW, ANSWER MY QUESTION ABOVE, WAITING:

You have already been proven to be the LIAR in the following link where you are still sheepishly RUNNING AWAY from your statement as shown for SIX DAYS now and counting! https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/8271/post-links/362637

AGAIN, this is a discussion forum,  NOT a runaway from discussion forum like you are doing, understood Bible fool? Huh?

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@ludofl3x
@YouFound_Lxam

ludofl3x,

YOUR REVEALING QUOTE THAT "YOUFOUND_LXAM" WILL RUN AWAY FROM AND HIDE: "For example, what should be done with a woman who's not a virgin when she gets married, based on the bible?

As any TRUE Christian realizes regarding your quote above, said women is to be stoned to death if she is not a virgin upon marriage:  

JESUS AS GOD SAID: "But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel:  Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father’s house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father’s house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you." (Deuteronomy. 22:20-21) ........ As brutally shown in this godly image: https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEHLVQU

The Bible dumbfounded YouFound_Lxam creates threads, and once doing so, HE RUNS away from biblical questions posed to him, therefore being the true definition of a blatant "pseudo-christian!"

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@ludofl3x
@YouFound_Lxam

ludofl3x,

YOUR REVEALING QUOTE THAT THE BIBLE  "FOOL YOUFOUND_LXAM" FAILS TO UNDERSTAND WITHIN THE SCRIPTURES: "In some spots yes, in other spots no, and the bible's full of groups of people hating other groups of people. "

Case in point to your quote above where TRUE Christians are to kill unbelievers of Christianity: 

"If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, BUT KILL HIM. Your hand shall be the first raised to SLAY HIM; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall STONE HIM TO DEATH, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12) 

Watch the pseudo-christian YouFound_Lxam run away from this Bible passage as well because he is NOT a true Christian!

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@YouFound_Lxam

YouFound_Lxam, wanting to be more Bible stupid than Miss Tradesecret,

You were made the Bible fool again in my post #13 to you, therefore, do you want to discuss your Bible stupidity upon said topic, or just RUN AWAY from it in embarrassment again in your own thread! LOL!   https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/8377/post-links/362333

It is amazing that you create threads that you absolutely NO NOTHING ABOUT biblically, and therefore you make yourself the continued Bible fool in front of the membership!

PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@SkepticalOne
In fairness, the Bible didn't prohibit homosexuality until 1946 with the RSV translation. "Biblical" condemnation of LGBTQ is a modern invention.
I think in several places it condemns men from laying with men. It's not a condemnation of homosexuality to say it, it's more a condemnation of homosexuals caving to their urges, but I don't think it started in 1946. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
I think in several places it condemns men from laying with men. It's not a condemnation of homosexuality to say it, it's more a condemnation of homosexuals caving to their urges, but I don't think it started in 1946. 
YES! I totally agree with you. 

Being homosexual in of itself is not a sin. There are many men who just feel more attracted to men than women. It only becomes a sin, once you act upon those urges.