Total: 78
WokeBlackConservative
Debates: 0
WokeBlackConservative
The country was founded on racism and white privilege. People who suggest that it doesn't exist, have a burden of proof to demonstrate when exactly it ended, with observable, and repeatable scientific evidence. 
Tnath
Debates: 1
Tnath
-->
@WokeBlackConservative
My first question is when did it start? If you are going to say that it was once people were sold in Africa as slaves and seen as sub-human by the merchants, then it ended when slavery ended as that's when slavery stopped.

If you are going to say it was when people who were black was seen as lower class, I don't think their could be a time as "class" is a human construct and therefore it's up to the individual to decide when it ends. 

In my personal construct, for the most part  it ended in the 21st century when the social media boom happened, as now anything that might be controversial would be noticed. It's not to say there are actions that might be controversial, but once such actions are brought to attention things are done as society in general does not believe that skin color should be something to consider lower class. Yes there are inequities within different community, but those should be see as individual issues seeing a bias on someone being different rather then racist ones, due to seeing people as lower class.  I go to depth on this topic in my debate: https://www.debateart.com/debates/4021-skin-color-should-be-a-spectrum-and-not-an-identity 
WokeBlackConservative
WokeBlackConservative
-->
@Tnath
Right from the very writing of founding  documents, but really before then. It was the culture. It was the way of life. Slavery is just a reflection, and outcome of that culture. But We had white privilege after slavery too, so I don't focus on slavery. 

The media is the media. They will say whatever to get money. To me the media is irrelevant, not to mention you have many in media who aren't "woke", like fox news, or people like Jordan Peterson, who actively want to preserve a white identity status quo. In fact, those right wing outlets are the most popular. If I was ever down on my lick, needed a career change and had zero integrity, I would be one of these black, right wing talking heads that people on the right love so much. But the Media wasn't responsible for implementing widespread white privilege in racism, even if they did inflame it; I am not convinced that Privilege is conferred by a few companies making news/commentary. They can definitely perpetuate it, though. 

Tnath
Tnath
-->
@WokeBlackConservative
Would you be able to clearify how the founding documents were racist, and what do you mean by culture? Also, can you clearify about what you are referring to by white privilege as it's a very arbitrary thing to say. If you are talking about people being in higher positions then you would be referring to a issue of wealth inequality due to using things behind peoples control, the same issue can be said when referring to mass production, as it takes away peoples ability to earn a living.  I tried to address issues that were laid out about issues of the modern day regarding white privilege. If their are issues I did not address in my debate, I would be happy to clarify them here. 

I would also like to clarify that when I am referring to social media, I am not referring to media or people with large platforms, but rather the fact that when any issue might be found that is racist, someone is able to share it. This makes it the case that actions of any size would be seen. 
WokeBlackConservative
WokeBlackConservative
-->
@Tnath
It Explicitly gave rights to white people over blacks. 

Culture is a collective of norms, traditions, behaviors, perceptions and attitudes. If I say that white people are racist, I see that statement no different than if someone said that the Japanese are polite and value honor. 

White privilege is white people being treated better for simply being white.

So because I can share something online, you are saying that means there is no white privilege? 
Tnath
Tnath
-->
@WokeBlackConservative
Please give examples, as I can't refute a simple "it gives rights"

When taking about Japan, the idea that people are nice and polite is based on a perception given by the media, when actually looking into the facts the culture is a lot more complicated then that. Being as this is the case, each thing you might say is "nice" or "polite" needs to be considered individually. 

Can you clarify what you mean by "White privilege is white people being treated better for simply being white" I could say that darker skin helps reduce skin cancer risks and therefore black is treated better. 

Being as I don't understand what you mean when you are referring to "white privilege" I can't say one way or the other. My opinion on regards to the social media, is that by making it that actions are public, the general sentiment about people of darker skin has changed, and when there are outliers people know about them. 
WokeBlackConservative
WokeBlackConservative
-->
@Tnath
Voting, for example. 

You can, but most people wouldn't dispute that Japanese culture values politeness. And if I were to talk about black Urban culture, most people wouldn't have any reservations about what I meant by that. Every group has a brand, that is to say that claims about white culture, are non illegitimate. 

"
 I could say that darker skin helps reduce skin cancer risks and therefore black is treated better. "

That's a bad faith comment, no further explanation is needed. 

Tnath
Tnath
-->
@WokeBlackConservative
In what regards is voting racist? While there may have been laws previously the current largest obstacles to people of darker skin is the requirement for identification, and a lack of facilities for disability. This is based on a study done by the United States Commission on Civil Rights in 2008. It does mention that there were issues with regards to Shelby County, but there have been changes that have been made. While I can't say the current procedure is perfect. I would say that for the most part it is not showing a current racist view, but rather a issue of poor accessibility, especially those of native-american origins. 

In regards to my statement " I could say that darker skin helps reduce skin cancer risks and therefore black is treated better." I was simply stating a singular area of which there is a distinction being as you have not brought any up yourself. Please explain why you find this to be a bad faith comment, my only intention was to ask you to list areas which you find problematic so I can speak discuss them. 

https://www.usccr.gov/files/pubs/2018/Minority_Voting_Access_2018.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwi93M2UmbH8AhU6jIkEHaRbBAUQFnoECD0QAQ&usg=AOvVaw1SeNA8h_uChbkAVX3iaVxU
Tnath
Tnath
-->
@WokeBlackConservative
Sorry, with regards to my first statement I mistakenly was talking about in modern times. In regards to when it was created, you are correct in stating that the laws around voting were racist. 
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
Yall should debate
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@WokeBlackConservative
'Bit of a nebulous, white privilege, 'I think.
People have characteristics, and by those characteristics and environment, experience different outcomes.

Tall people, short people, blonde, redhead, brunette, black haired, Irish, Italian, Black, White, Atheist, Theist.
So on, so forth.

Though one can arguably use statistics to show uneven outcomes,
If I walk about some all black location, I don't expect I'll feel my 'privilege.

Still, laws have changed,
Slavery is gone,
No back of the bus,
Blacks aren't excluded from Oregon anymore.

. . .

Still, when did it stop being 'such a problem?
(Though arguably it's still a problem in some facets of America)

Well, suppose I asked when did serial killing become or stop being a problem?
Some say it petered off from the 80s,

But of course serial killers still exist,
There were school shooting before our modern day,
But it 'became a problem at some point,

People a 'bit subjective, when something is a problem.
Different people take different action at different points of inconvenience.

Is there some statistical point, where white privilege is no longer a problem?
But is it 'really white privilege that's the problem?

Even should blacks and whites have rough the same judge decisions,
Inequality exists elsewhere,
Some group above this or that group,

If blacks and whites had equal statistics,
Would there then be black and white privilege together?
Discriminating against short people, Asian people, Hispanic people?

People are different.
Their qualities effecting their outcomes.

Hm, I'm rambling a bit incoherent,
And using rhetorical questions too much, perhaps,
But these are my thoughts.
. . .

@NoOneInParticular
Beavis And Butthead white privilege
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
It didn't. Groups such as the KKK was always open to probably only white people. It counts as a privilege.

But if you are looking more "macro" a standpoint, it almost feels as if one half of the US is leaning towards discriminating white people and tricking themselves that this increases equality, and the other half tricks themselves into thinking that the other half was the real bad guys when in reality their opposition was the other half. At least that is what first, second, and third party news and social media outlets tell me. Maybe I shouldn't trust them. Maybe they are making it worse.

But... If white people are being treated as different, white privilege exist, because there will always be things only they will do.
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
-->
@WokeBlackConservative
There is no such thing as white privilege. It never existed. Can’t prove when something ended if it never began in the first place. 

Your premise is patently ignorant. America was never founded upon racism, blah blah blah. Bullshit liberal talking points. 

Try putting down the red headed clown’s book “The 1619 Project”, and stop reading Vox and listening to race baiters like Jeffrey “Shaun” King and Nick Cannon for a while. Get a real education on the history of this country, slavery, the Industrial Revolution, civil war, emancipation, so on and so forth. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@WokeBlackConservative
No such thing as white and no such thing as black.

What you are referring to, was intellectual supremacy relative to global human evolution.

Privilege was an obvious consequence, and not necessarily restricted to lighter skinned Caucasian's.

In fact, Caucasians also display variable skin tone. As do people globally.

Similarly, intellectual development was/is not restricted to light skinned Causcasian's.

Things have changed and are changing all the time.

Nonetheless invoking the black/white argument, simply displays a mindset relative to past to present data transfer.

If people are taught this stuff, they will keep perpetuating it....Continually self subjugating as it were.

Better to pay attention at school and learn something useful.
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@WokeBlackConservative
It’s not as bad as it used to be. Certainly some layers have ended (not really repeatable, without a lot of backtracking in society).

An inherent problem is people are frequently horrible, which is unlikely to change. Give horrible people power, and they’ll use it to help the like minded gain power.

Every group has their unique sets of privileges and comparative disadvantages; but yeah, they don’t tend to balance out. Which suppose it could be said to have ended when they are at least close to balancing.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Intelligence_06
because there will always be things only they will do.

Name 5 things.
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@WokeBlackConservative
People who suggest that it doesn't exist, have a burden of proof to demonstrate when exactly it ended, with observable, and repeatable scientific evidence. 
I would say when segregation ended, so did white privilege.

Also, I’m surprised you’re a conservative if you’re leaning onto a left wing talking point.  I’m not angry or anything like that.  I’m just surprised.  Usually, black conservatives don’t believe in white privilege.  What makes you conservative?

I’m an independent.  I respect people like yourself not looking at issues through a partisan lens and be willing to agree with the left one time even if your on the right overall.
WokeBlackConservative
WokeBlackConservative
-->
@TheUnderdog
In what way did WP end when segregation did? But, segregation didn't end. Only in a legal sense. Today we are as segregated, it just isn't forced through law. The school I went to was 99.9% black. Most schools and neighborhoods are segregated. 

Well, trying to steal an election seems antithetical to Conservatism and the values we as conservatives claim to enshrine-yet we tried to do just that these past couple years. I wouldn't define Social Security as Conservative either, but most of us support it. I guess nothing is black and white, and most people don't have a pure class spec in their politics. 

TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@WokeBlackConservative
Today we are as segregated, it just isn't forced through law. The school I went to was 99.9% black. Most schools and neighborhoods are segregated. 
The only way to end this is to force black people out of black majority neighborhoods and to force white people into black majority neighborhoods.  People should be allowed to live where they want in the country if they are American citizens.  Just like if you are Italian and want to live in an Italian area because it’s where you grew up, you have the right to do that.  If you’re Italian American, you live in an Italian area, and you want to live in a more Integrated area, you move out of that Italian area.  Any African American that wants to live in a white area that lives in a black area should move to a white area.  That’s the only way you are ending racial segregation in practice.  That, and white people would have to move to black areas.  If an individual wants to do this, they should have every right to.  Just don’t FORCE people to move to an area they don’t want to.  In my city and high school, there were kids from all over the place.  Some were white.  Some were black.  Some were Hispanic.  Some were Asian.  We have a Republican mayor.  He has helped make property cheap and our streets safe.  When I am living on my own, I want to live in this city.  I am happy where I am in a racially diverse city for a reason that has nothing to do with the racial composition of the city.  If other people want to move to my city, they are welcome as long as they aren’t on welfare.  This applies to anyone of any race, and even people regardless of citizenship status.  However I don’t believe in FORCING people to move to my city.

In what way did WP end when segregation did?
Because blacks and whites now had the option to live together in the same city and to go to the same schools, whereas previously this wasn’t the case to the same degree.  
Well, trying to steal an election seems antithetical to Conservatism and the values we as conservatives claim to enshrine-yet we tried to do just that these past couple years.
All parties care about is power; democrats are less insecure about losing power because they know huge numbers of democrat voting immigrants are coming into the country.  If the immigrants tended to vote Republican, democrat would be the ones scared about losing future elections.  I think we should get rid of political parties and force politicians to run as independents.  You may end up voting for a politician that believes in white privilege and opposes vaccine mandates if you believe in both of these things.  America should have a dozen options for who to be president and all the politicians should make their own case for why they should be in charge based on values derived from their own free thought and not what their party tells them to say.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Greyparrot
The video is restricted on my device.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@TWS1405_2
There is no such thing as white privilege. It never existed. Can’t prove when something ended if it never began in the first place. 

Your premise is patently ignorant. America was never founded upon racism, blah blah blah. Bullshit liberal talking points.
The constitution literally counts black people as 3/5ths of a person.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@TWS1405_2
Imagine how deluded one has to be to think white privilege never existed in a society where just being black meant you were regarded as property of the white man.
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Double_R
The 3/5th has absolutely NOTHING to do with the fallacious claim of white privilege. 🤦‍♂️🙄
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Double_R
Slavery STILL has nothing to do with white privilege!!! Blacks (free blacks once a slave) also owned blacks during slavery. By your idiotic logic that would mean black privilege is real too! 🤦‍♂️🙄 
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@TWS1405_2
You literally claimed white privileged never existed. The fact that black people were considered 3/5ths of a person by the constitution our country was founded on *alone* refutes that asinine claim.

Do you even know what privilege means?
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Double_R
Yeah, I know exactly what privilege means. You clearly do not, especially when conjugated with the term white before it. 

The 3/5th amendment was about congressional representation and had NOTHING to do with the faux white privilege bullshit. 

This country was founded upon freedom and human progress with the end goal being a country better than the one left behind. They succeeded, obviously. But as of late idiots like you and the lefties want to tear it all down. 
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@TWS1405_2
The 3/5ths compromise resulted from the fact that southern states did not want black people to be counted as human beings in the census, and while the north did want them counted their willingness to compromise on whether black people were… you know… people, tells us everything we need to know about how black people were regarded during this time period.

The fact that the compromise itself didn’t further underprivilege black people has absolutely nothing to do with the point. 

Was there ever a time when we as a society had to debate whether white people should be regarded as… people? No of course not. Hence, at the very least, white privilege is absolutely a part of American history.

The fact that you cannot admit this very simple, objectively verifiable fact speaks volumes to how deluded you are as an individual. If you wanted to come off as even slightly credible you would argue that white privilege did exist but does not anymore, but you can’t even get that right.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@TWS1405_2
Here, since we need to dumb this down even further let’s try the following:

You are being forcefully placed into a Time Machine and sent back to America in the year 1820, exact location unknown. You have two choices:

A) Being sent back as a black man with $200 in your pocket

B) Being sent back as a white man with nothing

Which would you rather it be?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
You didn't specify where in America, and that's a huge oversight. Some northern states gave a lot of advantages to blacks that Appalachian whites could never hope to have.

Class transcends skin prejudices now as it was back then. I don't think any black person would want to live at the same level as a lower class white person when they could have a much higher standard of life in the north. In the end, standards of living are the foundations for all metrics of equality.