"He Gets us" Ad Campaign?

Author: ludofl3x

Total: 38
ludofl3x
Debates: 0
ludofl3x
So during the football games, I've seen a number of ads for some organization that's apparently advertising for Jesus. My question to Christians, why, in your view, do people spend ad dollars to advertise for Jesus? Simple question. 
Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
Why is a difficult question.

I am assuming that "Jesus" is valuable to them. It is also valuable to them to "spread the news about Jesus". It could be that they believe in being rewarded for such a thing, both in this world and the next.
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ludofl3x
For the same reason that anyone makes an ad. To advertise something. Christianity is allowed to be advertised regardless of people trying to cancel it. 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
So you think it's to raise awareness of Christianity? Who's trying to 'cancel' Christianity? Just seems a strange tactic when there are so many Christians already, and it's not like no one's heard of Jesus by now. 

One might say couldn't Jesus save these folks the money and just, you know, appear to everyone like we've all heard he's going to? It's kinda like the tithe thing, if it's that important wouldn't Jesus have direct deposit, just take it right off the top?
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Doubt you would see ads for Islam. Preferred treatment.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
For the same reason that anyone makes an ad. To advertise something.
It's merchandizing, they are selling T Shirts and hats.

Christianity is allowed to be advertised regardless of people trying to cancel it.
LOL, yes, people are trying to cancel Christianity, oh, the drama of it all.

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Sidewalker
It's merchandizing, they are selling T Shirts and hats.
Some pastors and company's use this tactic of religion for greed and it is a disgrace. But a lot of other company's use this funding for missionary's in 3rd world countries. Company's like Speed the Light does this. 

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ludofl3x
One might say couldn't Jesus save these folks the money and just, you know, appear to everyone like we've all heard he's going to? It's kinda like the tithe thing, if it's that important wouldn't Jesus have direct deposit, just take it right off the top?
The basis of Christianity is faith. If God did anything like that no one would need faith, and it wouldn't be true love God is getting, rather the salvation of yourself through greed. 
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Missionary work, that's when Christians go out and force Christianity on countries and tribes and people who are practicing other religions or are atheists right? Because Jesus need you to go out and shove him down everybody's throat.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Does god know if your love for him is true or not even before you're born?
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ludofl3x
Missionary work, that's when Christians go out and force Christianity on countries and tribes and people who are practicing other religions or are atheists right? Because Jesus need you to go out and shove him down everybody's throat.
No......it's preaching Gods word. No one forces anyone else to convert. You are misinformed. 

Does god know if your love for him is true or not even before you're born?
He is omnipotent, so yea, he does. 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
He is omnipotent, so yea, he does. 
So then why does he need someone to demonstrate if their love is "true" or not? Couldn't he already know? 

Does god need the advertisement? Was it part of his plan, do you think? It just strikes me as strange I guess. 

I didn't mention missionary work, not sure what that's for. 
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@YouFound_Lxam

YouFound_Lxam,

YOUR UNGODLY QUOTE AGAIN: "Some pastors and company's use this tactic of religion for greed and it is a disgrace."

Your outright Bible stupidity is without bounds AGAIN!

What part of the following Biblical axioms don't you understand in advertising for Jesus, therefore not being a disgrace?!

"Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous works among all the peoples!" (Pslam 93:6)

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14)

"And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation." (Mark 16:15)

YouFound_Lxam, now go wipe the egg from your face AGAIN and pray to Jesus tonight that you really didn't mean to go against His inspired words (1 Thessalonians 2:13) as shown above, to forgive your outright Bible stupidity AGAIN!  

NEXT PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN LIKE "YOUFOUND_LXAM" THAT IS DUMBFOUNDED OF THE BIBLE, WILL BE ... ?

PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@ludofl3x
why, in your view, do people spend ad dollars to advertise for Jesus? Simple question
To help people avoid hell, I suppose 
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@ludofl3x
So you think it's to raise awareness of Christianity? Who's trying to 'cancel' Christianity?
No. Christians just want to find people who seek conversion willingly. They certainly can't stab people on the street forcing people to join.

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ludofl3x
So then why does he need someone to demonstrate if their love is "true" or not? Couldn't he already know? 

Does god need the advertisement? Was it part of his plan, do you think? It just strikes me as strange I guess. 

I didn't mention missionary work, not sure what that's for. 

The advertisement is to reach out to those who don't know him, not to show God our love.

We show God our love by trusting him. We are human, so if we love something truly enough, we are bound to show it. Yes, we don't need to show it physically, but why wouldn't you want to show your love for the God of the Universe?
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous works among all the peoples!" (Pslam 93:6)

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14)

"And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation." (Mark 16:15)
Thank you for proving my point further Brother D. 
As always. 

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
So you think there's a large population of people who haven't heard of Jesus that are watching the superbowl? 

And my question was why does god need anyone to demonstrate their love for him, essentially, but we can skip it, there's no sensible answer. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ludofl3x
So you think there's a large population of people who haven't heard of Jesus that are watching the superbowl? 
Maybe. Or maybe some just need to hear Gods message. And not "need" like were gonna force them too. LGBTQ+ already does that to people in sports.
Need, like they might want to hear it.

But maybe some just didn't grow up in the church, and might of not heard of all that God has done. 
Why are you saying it like its a threat to humanity?

And my question was why does god need anyone to demonstrate their love for him, essentially, but we can skip it, there's no sensible answer. 
Again, he doesn't. We don't get to God, by works (doing things to show our love) but by faith. 
But then again, why wouldn't you want to want to show your love to the God of the Universe?

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Why are you saying it like its a threat to humanity?
I'm not saying it like it's a threat to humanity, I'm just curious why the use of funds to advertise for JEsus when (a) everyone's heard of Jesus and (b) that money can be put to use in soup kitchens or homeless shelters, I mean it's a superbowl ad. It's not 5M$. It's nine figures. 

We don't get to God, by works (doing things to show our love) but by faith
Did you ever come up with your interpretation of TImothy 7:16, by your works shall ye be known? Because faith alone isn't enough according to a LOT of Christians. Of course, to the same amount it IS enough. If only there was a way to know which side is right!
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ludofl3x
I'm not saying it like it's a threat to humanity, I'm just curious why the use of funds to advertise for JEsus when (a) everyone's heard of Jesus and (b) that money can be put to use in soup kitchens or homeless shelters, I mean it's a superbowl ad. It's not 5M$. It's nine figures. 
Ok? Helping the needy is very important, but spreading the word of God is even more important. Millions of people watch the Super bowl every year, and that advertisement, can go really far. 
I could ask the same question, in why other movements like the LGBTQ+ movement has advertisements in events like this. Shouldn't they be helping the kids who are "confused" and need gender reassignment surgery?

Did you ever come up with your interpretation of TImothy 7:16, by your works shall ye be known? Because faith alone isn't enough according to a LOT of Christians. Of course, to the same amount it IS enough. If only there was a way to know which side is right!
Timothy 7:16
"For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. So do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prisoner. Rather, join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God."

He says join him, and spread the gospel. You shall be known by others for spreading the word of God.
And you are misinformed again, because if anyone says that works are something that is required for paradise, then they are not Christians. 
Faith, trust in God, asking for forgiveness, and Love for God, is the only requirement you need. 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Apologies, it wasn't Timothy, it's Matthew 7:16. 

I could ask the same question, in why other movements like the LGBTQ+ movement has advertisements in events like this. Shouldn't they be helping the kids who are "confused" and need gender reassignment surgery?
I do not know what you're talking about, and I bet neither do you. Pretty sure the movement you're so obsessed with is not planning a superbowl commercial that basically says "Gay...ever tried it?" 

It's interesting that you think a TV commercial that lasts 30 seconds, for a product literally everyone in this country has heard of, a massive number of people already believe in, would be somehow more practical than taking $6M to some community service.  I guess we agree to disagree, I'd rather give someone a meal than say "Hey, ever heard of this guy literally everyone's heard of?" 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ludofl3x
"You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes, nor figs from thistles, are they?"
This is Matthew 7:16. Again context is important when quoting scripture

Jesus is explaining to the disciples, and others, that you can tell the structure of a persons heart, by how they act and what they do. He does not say that God judges by that. He says that is how the content of someone's heart is expressed. 

I do not know what you're talking about, and I bet neither do you. Pretty sure the movement you're so obsessed with is not planning a superbowl commercial that basically says "Gay...ever tried it?" 
So, Gay...ever tried it? is fine, but Christian...ever tried it? is apparently not?

It's interesting that you think a TV commercial that lasts 30 seconds, for a product literally everyone in this country has heard of, a massive number of people already believe in, would be somehow more practical than taking $6M to some community service.  I guess we agree to disagree, I'd rather give someone a meal than say "Hey, ever heard of this guy literally everyone's heard of?" 
But even Coca Cola commercials are the same way. Everyone knows what Coca Cola is, but the point of the ad, is to spread word about the product. 

The very fact that you made this topic proves that somehow people spreading the word of God is threatening you, therefore you make this forum, to "call it out".
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I'm in no way threatened by whatever this ad campaign is for, but thanks for your concern. I'm curious as to why Christians think it'd be necessary, given the scope of god's alleged powers and the amount of money involved that could go to more nominally Christian pursuits.

So, Gay...ever tried it? is fine, but Christian...ever tried it? is apparently not?
Huh? There's no commercial for being gay. 

But even Coca Cola commercials are the same way.
Fair point, but this is in an effort to gain an advantage on their competitors.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ludofl3x
I'm in no way threatened by whatever this ad campaign is for, but thanks for your concern. I'm curious as to why Christians think it'd be necessary, given the scope of god's alleged powers and the amount of money involved that could go to more nominally Christian pursuits.
You could have done this on any company that made a super bowl commercials. Why Christianity specifically?

Huh? There's no commercial for being gay. 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Why Christianity specifically?

Because it struck me as odd, I've never seen a commercial for the biggest religion on earth (a claim many Christians make). It's like making a commercial for the moon. I guess I'm alone in thinking that there are more Jesus-y ways to spend 7M dollars, and that it doesn't seem likely to me at all that there's any return on investment here for Jesus. I don't think there's a large population of near-Christians who are watching the superbowl and this ad puts them over the top. How many could there be? 500? 1000? 

Will the ad be for the right version of Christianity, do you think? how will you know? How can I know?

So, how do I know your interpretation of the Matthew verse is correct, and not what so many experts have said (that it means you can't get in on faith and faith alone, that you need to have acts too)? Seems a pretty big bet, given the stakes, no?
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@ludofl3x
My question to Christians, why, in your view, do people spend ad dollars to advertise for Jesus? Simple question. 
Because the global Luciferian agenda has for centuries been attempting to and successfully dissociate the masses from Jesus, and associate the masses with pagan worship, especially with their festivals like Easter, Halloween, Christmas, New Years, and the upcoming Lupercalia (i.e. "Valentines Day".)
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@ludofl3x
Because it struck me as odd, I've never seen a commercial for the biggest religion on earth (a claim many Christians make).
The biggest religion on Earth is Catholicism, and Catholicism isn't Christian, as well as the overwhelming majority of Christian denominations, despite its definition. You should checkout Public-Choice's thread.
K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
-->
@Athias
The biggest religion on Earth is Catholicism
This site puts Islam at 1.9 billion and Catholicism at 1.3