Does the owner not realise that the entire update is unfair unless he resets elo for all users?

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 51
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@Mikal
@badger
Come to think of it, how would we award elo for mafia vs. town winners? We're dealing with 2v7s here, not 5v5s.

badger
Debates: 0
badger
-->
@Mharman
It's more that ELO just wouldn't move. I'm kinda just intuiting it here, but ELO depends on having a huge amount of players. It just doesn't work if you don't, and the problem is exacerbated if it's a team game. 
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@badger
Yeah. Should we even make mafia a competitive community? I know there's always salt in endgame threads, but I think most people are still playing for fun.
badger
badger
Forum mafia is pretty much self harm, but EpicMafia was a top-tier site. 
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@badger
Just looked it up. The story sounds like something that would happen on Reddit.

RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@Mharman
Team games can have rabling and elo, it is just far more dofficult and complex, your edge matrwrs way more.

League of Legends sees the same people rise to the top tier ranks each season. Not the exact same, some rise and fall but still for a 5v5 game, it proves that individual prowess can strongly show in a team game.

Your teammates won't throw that much. I agree with badger on something he said elsewhere; this site needs open setups, they are far more readily skill based and showdown heavy. I can hardcarry closed setups but I am a freak of nature at mafia and that is just the truth of it. Open setups are way better, they allow clear hammer holders and battlers during lynches, letting one tweak their persuasion to the hammer holder and letting scum plan who ends up where and planning ahead by early bus tension towntelling their teammate.
badger
badger
RM, you got cheated on the savantism. You just got autism. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I am not a savant, I am good at more than one thing.

As for you, you are just a run of the mill asshole that insults other to feel better about himself, shame.
Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
RM, you got cheated on the savantism. You just got autism. 

I am not a savant, I am good at more than one thing.
Jack of one trade, master of none.

Mikal
Mikal
-->
@Mharman
Would not matter it’s your number vs an average of the player in the games. But yeah a larger pool of players is better but regardless Elo would move slowly because it’s going to be weighted against the average of people in the game. 

Could also do mafia team average vs town team average etc. 

Plenty of games are team games and you obtain elo. Overwatch, leagues, etc. They live in averages. 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Mikal
Does that mean you will play my mafia game (I am Supa)
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Barney
@Vader
@whiteflame
After this tournament thing is over or I lose in it, I am done here.

When you wonder why, I want you to think very hard if anyone, not just me, would put up with being bullied, humiliated and treated like fucking dirt for a mental disorder, no less.

There is nowhere worth staying aroundsomeone has to endure such shit and cannot report it.

I am unable to even report bullying anymore as you removed my ability to and are too fucking braindead to realise it in front of your eyes.

The fact you think I would need to beg lancelot, badger or sidewalker to stop it and leave me alone rather than report it to you and get you to tell them how utterly vile they are being is beyond disgusting.

Once I am gone and no doubt all other good members have left or will leave, I want you to go hmmmm did we fuck up.

Enjoy whatever you want, doubt this is a real quitting, I do not care. There is nothing clearer to me regarding this site's utter moral and social decay than seeing actual straight up bullying of someone for being autistic in itself, saying things to truly hurt the person and don't pretend badger did not try elsewhere in forum games.

I am not okay with the way they speak to me and it should be utterly obvious that you idiots should have a rule directly against bullying but somehow wylted or someone convinced you to delete it.

You want a shithole? Enjoy the shithole. I am done here, I loved debating and always will but I am completely done taking this shit. 
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@RationalMadman
Let’s team up instead. 
Best.Korea
Debates: 270
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
it should be utterly obvious that you idiots should have a rule directly against bullying
From my experience here, only a large amount of bullying results in mod warning or action.

That being said, plenty of sites that have full freedom of speech usually have lots of bullying going on and lots of people abuse such freedom.
Its the downside of freedom of speech.
Mikal
Mikal
-->
@Vader
I can’t play now. Work is very busy but eventually I want to try to gather a bunch of good old school players for a good game. Likely will 
Mikal
Mikal
-->
@RationalMadman
You and I have had our moments, but honestly you actually do a great deal for the site. You are by far the most active contributor, and it’s quite evident you value this place as much as you bitch about it. People probe you because you react to them. Whether it’s going to be this site, real life, or any other platform that you use, the same behavior will exist. Other places regulate and moderate it far less. I don’t think anyone has every disliked you as a person but you will say people bully you then turn around and gaslight them while you engage in the same rhetoric. Saying that because I think you should stay, just learn not to give a fuck. That’s not excusing the behavior but simply saying, it can and will never go away in any facet of life. Your job, your family, your friends, and especially online there will always be trolls. 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@RationalMadman
I’ll honestly be sorry to see you go, but best of luck to you.
Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
what is this, the 5th time rm left? i lost count after 3 years ago.

i would like to take this opportunity to encourage debateart to have a way of blocking others/not seeing their posts.

or give ro's more freely for people.
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@Melcharaz
Shame. 

I offered him an alliance. 
Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
rm has always been for himself. he has no allies, just people he likes, agrees with, people that make him feel good and enemies.

you havent been here very long, i didnt expect you to know.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Mikal
I'm always down