Abortion

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 255
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
-->
@TheUnderdog
No, the states cannot protect the unborn if they want to. What many lawyers are overlooking is codified “personal Liberty” civil and federal laws. It’s also enshrined in the Constitution. 

Again, you’re fucking not reading anything I write in reply to you. Like the kid, Lxam, you cherry pick parts of my comments you “think” you can rebut, but you fail each and every time just like Lxam. 
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Murder: "the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another:"
That defines abortion.

No it doesn’t you ignoramus. I’ve rebutted this like 100x  on this site. Again, finish high school, go to college, take some elective constitutional law courses FFS. You’re just a blathering knucklehead. 
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@TWS1405_2
How does it not?

Enlighten me.
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I am asking, why do you believe that a zygote/embryo is not a human being, but a fetus is?
Because it’s what the scientists believe.  If this was not the case, IVF wouldn’t exist because of all the embryos you have to kill to get it to happen.

I believe that finances are less important than killing a human being, not just taking care of them in general.
What’s the difference between killing a human being and not taking care of them, leading to their death?  Killing vs letting die.  It’s possible, but just possible that killing is worse than letting die.

If killing is worse than letting die, then it would mean that with the trolley problem (look it up if you don’t know what it means), if there are 100 people on one track, 101 people on the other one, the train is heading towards the track with 101 people, you pulling the switch and killing 100 people to save 101 would be immoral (and should be illegal) because in this situation, killing and letting die are equivalent.

If they are equivalent, it means that refusing to adopt a starving child and letting them die of starvation is akin to shooting that child in the head and killing them.

Because of this, I’m not sure if killing is worse than letting die.

But consider the following scanareao: If there was a button that if you pressed it, you would get $1 billion and a child dies because you press that button, would you press it?  If the answer is no, then you have $1 billion less.  If the answer is yes, you can take that $1 billion, fly to Africa with it, adopt the 10 poorest orphans you find and saving them from starvation, and still have hundreds of millions of dollars left over.  If you still think killing 1 kid by pressing that button for the money that you can use to save 10 different kids is bad, I don’t understand that rationale.  I just don’t.

My point is nothing that lasts a temporary amount of time is priceless; otherwise the government can force us to adopt stranger children to save their lives.  The government can force us to give our kidney to save someone’s life since the slight pain we get from losing our kidney is less valuable than a human life if you believe human life must be saved no matter what.

No, because the solution for one death should not be another death. It should be an actual punishment.
So, we should imprison the culprits for life.
I don’t approve of incarceration for crimes because tax dollars are going to take care of bad people.  We treat our murderers better than our homeless people because the murderers get their living expenses paid for by the state.

Literal abortion doctors have told their clients not to worry, because it is just a clump of cells, and not a baby.
The abortionists and the female don’t care about if it’s a baby.  They want the baby killed because of the maternal pain that it caused the female.  That’s why pro choicers claim men can’t have an opinion on abortion (which I think is an anti free speech claim).  Most pro choicers (not myself, but most pro choicers) care more about maternal pain than the fetus’s life.  I just don’t believe a zygote or an embryo is a human being.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@TWS1405_2
What many lawyers are overlooking is codified “personal Liberty” civil and federal laws. 
The Constitution doesn’t cover abortion under personal liberty; otherwise it would have legalized abortion up until the moment of birth.  If the founders wanted to cover abortion, they would have done so in an explicit manner just like guns, free speech, cruel and unusual punishment, and the other amendments.  Unless there is a constitutional right to an abortion (with an amendment) that talks explicitly about abortion, there is no constitutional case legalizing abortion in the country, which is why Roe got overturned.

Again, you’re fucking not reading anything I write in reply to you.
I try to; your just very prolific.
Like the kid, Lxam, you cherry pick parts of my comments you “think” you can rebut, but you fail each and every time just like Lxam.
You may think that with your bias (I think you don’t refute my claims effectively), but objectively it’s neither.
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
-->
@<<<TWS1405_2>>>
How does it not?

Enlighten me.
I already have, as I said, like some 100x over. Your denialism and ignorance is a personal problem. Not my problem. 
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@TheUnderdog
The same way human beings can conceive skin cells, hair cells, or sperm cells.  You can have human chromosomes while not being a human being.  But if I believed a zygote was a human being, I would want it to be illegal to kill them.
Except skin, hair, or sperm cells don't have their own distinct DNA; they don't go through a 27 year period of growth; they don't develop their own skin, hair, and sperm/egg cells; they don't develop brains, other organs, and limbs. A zygote/embryo/fetus is not a skin/hair/or sperm cell. A zygote/embryo/fetus by definition is a human being; the only difference is that they are subject to a different phase of development than an infant, toddler, adolescent, adult, etc.
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@TheUnderdog
->
@<<<TWS1405_2>>>
What many lawyers are overlooking is codified “personal Liberty” civil and federal laws. 
The Constitution doesn’t cover abortion under personal liberty; otherwise it would have legalized abortion up until the moment of birth.  If the founders wanted to cover abortion, they would have done so in an explicit manner just like guns, free speech, cruel and unusual punishment, and the other amendments.  Unless there is a constitutional right to an abortion (with an amendment) that talks explicitly about abortion,
The Constitution doesn't cover a lot of things, but they are implied. Personal Liberty rights does cover abortion, and I showed how by the very language used in its definition and the law. 

Example: right to travel, it is not expressly written thereof in the US Constitution, but it is implied AND has been ruled a right of personal liberty, one's freedom of movement. Kent v Dulles (1958)

Example: Right to marry other races (interracial marriage) isn't expressly written in the US Constitution either, but via the 14th Amendment's equal protection clause (EPC), it was inferred/implied via personal liberty rights that people had the right to marry outside of their own race. Loving v Virginia (1967)

Need I go on with more examples?

SCOTUS screwed the pooch claiming there was a right of privacy implied within the 14th, when there was not. What they needed to do was infer upon personal liberty, the freedom to live and do as they please, especially with their own body, that doesn't violate law or impede a legally legit social or governmental purpose. Had they ruled in Roe v Wade as they did in Lawrence v Texas (2003), overturning Texas' 'anti-sodomy law,' "furthers no legitimate state interest which can justify its intrusion into the personal and private life of the individual," and the law violated the same EPC of the 14th.

there is no constitutional case legalizing abortion in the country, which is why Roe got overturned.
That's not why/how RvW was overturned. 

Again, you’re fucking not reading anything I write in reply to you.
I try to; your just very prolific.
:/

Like the kid, Lxam, you cherry pick parts of my comments you “think” you can rebut, but you fail each and every time just like Lxam.
You may think that with your bias (I think you don’t refute my claims effectively), but objectively it’s neither.
I do not care what you "think," only what you can irrefutably prove. And to date you have not disproven my rebuttals effectively refuting your claims. 
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Athias
Except skin, hair, or sperm cells don't have their own distinct DNA;
LOL!!!! Yeah, they do. They possess the same DNA as every other cell within the same human organism does. FFS girl, what are you smoking!?!

A zygote/embryo/fetus by definition is a human being;
Uh, no it is not. 

the only difference is that they are subject to a different phase of development than an infant, toddler, adolescent, adult, etc.
False equivalency fallacy.

Gestational development is mutually exclusive from physiological maturation (i.e., growth).
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@TheUnderdog
Because it’s what the scientists believe.  If this was not the case, IVF wouldn’t exist because of all the embryos you have to kill to get it to happen.
Not all scientists believe this.

Also, what scientists specifically? You can't just believe "the scientists" you really should do your research before just believing what people tell you.

What is the reason that you believe that a fetus is a human, and zygote/embryos aren't? What is different between them, that makes ones a human, and the other not?

What’s the difference between killing a human being and not taking care of them, leading to their death?  Killing vs letting die.  It’s possible, but just possible that killing is worse than letting die.
It's pretty stupid to assume that everyone I don't save, I am letting die. Not factually accurate at all.

If killing is worse than letting die, then it would mean that with the trolley problem (look it up if you don’t know what it means), if there are 100 people on one track, 101 people on the other one, the train is heading towards the track with 101 people, you pulling the switch and killing 100 people to save 101 would be immoral (and should be illegal) because in this situation, killing and letting die are equivalent.
The trolly problem actually goes like this:
There is a train going at a high speed towards 4 people who can't get up from the track. If you flip the switch in front of you, then the train only kills one person, and you just saved 4 people. 

I would argue in this case that since I have no obligation to save those people, and I didn't put them in that situation, then it would be morally acceptable to not pull the lever, because changing the outcome would make me involved in the situation. 

Because of this, I’m not sure if killing is worse than letting die.
Again, not saving someone does not = to letting them die. 

Giving a baby up for adoption most of the time the baby will not die. 

But consider the following scanareao: If there was a button that if you pressed it, you would get $1 billion and a child dies because you press that button, would you press it?  If the answer is no, then you have $1 billion less.  If the answer is yes, you can take that $1 billion, fly to Africa with it, adopt the 10 poorest orphans you find and saving them from starvation, and still have hundreds of millions of dollars left over.  If you still think killing 1 kid by pressing that button for the money that you can use to save 10 different kids is bad, I don’t understand that rationale.  I just don’t.
So, you would kill one kid for money? That is what you are arguing.
I would not press the button, because again, that would be murder. 

I don’t approve of incarceration for crimes because tax dollars are going to take care of bad people.  We treat our murderers better than our homeless people because the murderers get their living expenses paid for by the state.
I would argue to make living expenses in prisons reduced, to make life not likable in prison, that way less people will want to go to prison. 
But what your suggesting is to kill all prisoners, so we don't have to pay for them, which holds no moral respectability. 

The abortionists and the female don’t care about if it’s a baby.  They want the baby killed because of the maternal pain that it caused the female.  That’s why pro choicers claim men can’t have an opinion on abortion (which I think is an anti free speech claim). 
Ok, but the females put themselves into this situation. 
Also yes, it is an anti-free speech claim. 

It's like saying I can't have an opinion on the Holocaust, because I am not a German, nor a Jew. 

Most pro choicers (not myself, but most pro choicers) care more about maternal pain than the fetus’s life.  I just don’t believe a zygote or an embryo is a human being.
Again, why do you believe this. 

I believe in basing my opinions on facts and evidence, not just what the scientists and government says is good. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@TWS1405_2
Ok, well then, you're at a loss for an argument.

It's not my fault that I beat you, and you can't argue back. 

And you just keep repeating the same argument without rebuttal. 
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
-->
@<<<TWS1405_2>>>
Ok, well then, you're at a loss for an argument.
Nope. There is a search function provided for this very purpose. 
It's not my job to rehash what I already wrote simply because you refused to acknowledge it at the time.

It's not my fault that I beat you, and you can't argue back. 
Narcissistic delusions of grandeur fueled by intellectual cowardice.

Athias
Athias
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I think that it is safe to say that if someone knows about condoms, sex, etc., then they know about the consequences.

But let's say some don't know. I
Instead of abortion, how about we continue to teach the dangers of sex, in schools when kids become of age.
That way people won't have an excuse. 
Why would they have an excuse? To whom are they beholden that exercising a choice even at their own convenience is characterized as an "excuse"?

What I am saying is that having sex, when you deliberately don't want children, or don't desire children at that time, because you can't afford them, is a stupid decision.
Why would it be a stupid decision? If the female party gets pregnant, and decides not to carry her pregnancy to term, she is not obligated. If the point you're implying is that it's a stupid decision because she should always keep in mind that having sex can result in pregnancy, thereby subjecting her to an alleged duty to her unborn child while dismissing her own interest... well that's the point we're disputing. You would have to justify the reason she owes a zygote/embryo/fetus anything.

It dies because the woman makes the decision to kill it. 
Thats how it works. 
No. The woman makes the decision to expel it from her womb. It dies because its physiological underdevelopment makes it inviable outside of its mother's womb. Is the mother culpable for the zygote's/embryo's/fetus's incapacity to survive outside her womb before her pregnancy reaches its term?

No, it doesn't. The mother doesn't want the child; therefore, she kills it. 
That is the whole point of abortion. 
No. She can give it up for adoption, or abandon it with impunity. For whatever reason she decides to get an abortion, she's exercising her right to behave her body as she sees fit, which includes denying a zygote/embryo/fetus the use of her womb.

Yes, it is here womb, but she is the one who consented to the possibility that a baby will be in her womb. 
The possibility of pregnancy does not depend on consent, so consent is irrelevant. You're implying that she's entered an implicit contract with nature.

So, yea it is her body, but the zygote/embryo/fetus is not a part of her body and is another living human.
For the most part, I agree. Technically it is a part of her body until it's birthed, but I understand the point you're making.

Therefore, it would be morally wrong to kill it. 
She's not "killing" it; she's only refusing to help it; its physiological underdevelopment kills it.

Is it wrong to kill other humans?
Sometimes it isn't. 
It is wrong to initiate and carry out aggression. I can kill to defend against aggression; I can kill myself without having "wronged" anyone.

In the case of abortion, the mother took a chance. She got pregnant. Then, she decided to pay a doctor to kill the baby inside of her, that she consented to create, even though the child in her body did nothing to hurt her, and nothing to anyone else. 
Again, to whom is she consenting? Nature cannot consent. Probabilities cannot consent. So why is "consent" relevant?

You might as well say that we should all stop reproducing with this argument.
No, only that the reproduction is subject to the decisions of the parent.

The baby isn't claiming the mother's womb. It is using the mother's womb to survive for only 9 months. It did not claim the mother's womb. In order for the baby to claim the mother's womb, it would have to choose to be born then take claim. The baby was put, created in the mother's womb, (not by their own choice). That baby did nothing wrong. It was actually the mother's decision to place that baby in her own womb, so the action that the mother took created a life as well as the father. So, the mother has no right to kill the baby in her belly in the same way that a mother does not have a right to kill her born children. 

You're claiming that the baby took claim of the mother's body, and that is completely false. The mother gave up her womb in order to grow a child, through biological processes. 

Even if what you're saying was true, and the baby did claim the mother's body, you would still be contradicting yourself, because just by the action of claiming something, that child is a living human being with moral value, therefore it would be morally wrong to kill it. 
But it didn't even claim the body, so your argument proves no purpose. 
The claim of which I speak is a proprietary claim; because, ultimately it reduces to a dispute over whose interests are prioritized as it concerns the mother's womb. Your argument is that the zygote/embryo/fetus has no responsibility in its own conception and occupancy of its mother's womb; that it's an innocent human life and that its survival should be protected even against its mother's interests. My argument however is that the mother's womb belongs to her, and in all situations her interests take priority because it is her womb. She's not obligated to submit its use to anyone even if denying her womb results in a zygote/embryo/fetus being subject to the prospect of its viability outside of its mother's womb..

I'll illustrate this point with an analogy. Let's say you, YouFound_Lxam have been braving a harsh blizzard, and you're on your last ropes. You spot a lit house with its front door unlocked. You enter the house to find out that it's my house. To make this analogy more interesting, let's say that I have, thus far, let you stay in my home for half an hour. But for whatever reason, I decide that I no longer want anyone in my home. I tell you to get out of my home, even while knowing that your chances of surviving outside in that blizzard are slim to none. I expel you from my home. You succumb to the blizzard and die. Did I "KILL" you? Did leaving my front door unlocked during a harsh blizzard mean that I expected the consequence that is drifters seeking shelter in my home? Were you too not an innocent life who did nothing to hurt me?

My point is this: my home is my home. It doesn't matter if my reasons are deemed illegitimate by you particularly in your seeking use of my property for your survival. I'm not obligated to submit my property to help you, even if it means my denying you the use of my property will exhaust all opportunities you have to survive. I didn't kill you because the blizzard would have killed you. I'm not responsible for that blizzard. You're not responsible for that blizzard. To suggest that my denying you the use of my property in order to assist your survival is CRIMINAL is tantamount to the implication that I'm duty bound to help you survive and I am in dereliction of said duty. In other words, I would owe you my help. Not only that, but the response to my denying you my property is to detain me for the rest of my natural life.

The same reasoning applies for abortion. You're essentially proposing that pregnant women who terminate their pregnancy should be criminally punished for not being a good Samaritan. It has nothing to do with "murder" or even "killing."
i
There doesn't have to be a beneficiairy.
There certainly must be.

If a homeless man is murdered on the street with no family or friends, is that ok?
No. But in this case, the beneficiary is the State in the advent that it pursue to press charges.

Should the murderer just be let free?
All detaining someone's who murdered does is detain someone who's murdered. Personally, I do not think detention/imprisonment is an effective response to crime since all it does is expand slave labor, human rights violations, prison rape, the prison industrial complex, and the elimination of dissent. But that's a conversation for another thread.

Athias
Athias
-->
@TWS1405_2
LOL!!!! Yeah, they do. They possess the same DNA as every other cell within the same human organism does. FFS girl, what are you smoking!?!

Uh, no it is not. 

False equivalency fallacy.

Gestational development is mutually exclusive from physiological maturation (i.e., growth).
Our discussion HAS BEEN OVER for some time. I will not state it, again.

Enjoy your night, sir.

TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Athias
Our discussion HAS BEEN OVER for some time. I will not state it, again.

Enjoy your night, sir.

That’s EXACTLY what an intellectual coward would say. 

And I don’t give a flying rat’s ass what you think, feel or believe. The discussions of abortion ARE NEVER over. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Athias
Why would they have an excuse? To whom are they beholden that exercising a choice even at their own convenience is characterized as an "excuse"?
Well, the excuse that they would have been exactly the statement you brought up. 
"What if they don't know about the consequences of having sex?"
That is not an excuse. When you participate in any activity at all, you should understand what the consequences are for you choosing to participate in that action, whether it be a good consequence or a bad one. 
And I understand what you are saying:
"How is making a decision based off of convenience an excuse?"

It would be the same as murdering someone based just off of convenience. If you don't like someone in your life and you murder them to get rid of them, that is wrong. Like let's say you have a roommate. You hate them so much and it inconveniences you. They haven't done anything necessarily wrong; you just don't like them. 
In this situation you have no right to kill them, for your own convenience. 

Abortion is the same. Your child is stuck with you (for only 9 months) and even though they inconvenience you, you still don't get to kill them, because of that. 
We should not base our actions off of our feelings, we should base them off of moral principles. 
And I understand the argument that women should have the right to abort their baby's, even if it's wrong, but it's more than wrong, it's murder. 
Some decisions that people make are wrong morally, but they still have a right to do them. Murder is an exception to this rule, because it not only affects you, it affects society as a whole, because we can't have everyone going around murdering each other, because that would lead to chaos.

So, people can choose to do certain things, but they have to understand the consequences of those things first before they do them, or rather they should at least try to understand the consequences of what they are doing. They don't have to understand those consequences to do those things, and they should be forced to, but it's a pretty damn smart idea to do so. 

Why would it be a stupid decision?
For many reasons:
1.) If you're not ready for a child then you won't be prepared to raise your own child in the best way possible, and given you want the best for them, that won't help you at all if you don't at least have some sort of a plan for what you are doing. 
2.) Finacial reasons, because babies' cost a lot of money, and if you're not financially ready for a baby, then that is going to negatively impact you, your husband (if you have one) and the baby. 
3.) Mental reasons, because taking care of a baby takes a lot of time and effort, and again given you want what's best for your child, you want to be able to provide for them, care for them, love on them, in order to raise them in the best way possible, and if you're not ready to do that, well that's not going to turn out well for you or your child. 

If the female party gets pregnant, and decides not to carry her pregnancy to term, she is not obligated.
At the moment in some states yes, she is not obligated. What I am arguing or rather stating is that she should be obligated to do so, unless some other factor like rape or incest, because to do otherwise would be murder, which might not hold on to legal standards, but it does by moral ones. 
I am not arguing what the law says, I am arguing what the law should say, and why by moral standards it should say that, and even further enforce it. 

If the point you're implying is that it's a stupid decision because she should always keep in mind that having sex can result in pregnancy, thereby subjecting her to an alleged duty to her unborn child while dismissing her own interest... well that's the point we're disputing. 
Yes, and part of being an adult is putting your own interests aside in order to grow in society, family or not. 
You can't base all of your decisions on your own interests because then nothing would get done. Now basing, goals off of your own interests is a different story, because with goals you can think about them, and if you have good interests for the future, then goals can help you do that, but making irrational decisions based on pleasure, and what you want is completely ridiculous. 

You would have to justify the reason she owes a zygote/embryo/fetus anything.
If you are asking why a mother owes her child anything, then what the hell are you talking about?
A mother owes almost everything to that child. She brought them into this world, the baby did not force itself into this world. It was by a decision she made, that another life was conceived, and that child deserves the right to life. You don't get to be selfish and say, "oh well I don't want the baby, so I get to kill it" (again I am arguing morality standards). People who claim that they are uncomfortable with the decisions that they have made have a right to be uncomfortable, but they do not get to murder a child in order to get out of that uncomforting feeling. And then we find out that even after the abortion, most women regret it, and become even more uncomfortable after the abortion. So, if the goal for abortion is to take away uncomforting feeling from the mother, then I'm sorry but it's going to do the complete opposite for most women. 

No. The woman makes the decision to expel it from her womb. It dies because its physiological underdevelopment makes it inviable outside of its mother's womb. Is the mother culpable for the zygote's/embryo's/fetus's incapacity to survive outside her womb before her pregnancy reaches its term?
That is not how abortions work at all. Abortions work by first making a slice through the back of the fetus's head and sucking out all of the brains. Then the limbs are cut off one by one, until the doctor can grab all of the pieces out of the womb. 

No. She can give it up for adoption, or abandon it with impunity.
Well, why on earth would you abort it rather than give it up for adoption? It's the least you can do as a biological mother, when you first brought the child into the world. Why wouldn't you at the least give it a chance to live. Giving it up for adoption, or at least leaving it alive, is giving it more of a chance, than literally killing the thing. People who don't give human life a chance to live are the ones who don't care for human life and are the selfish ones. 

For whatever reason she decides to get an abortion, she's exercising her right to behave her body as she sees fit, which includes denying a zygote/embryo/fetus the use of her womb.
Legally she has the right to do that. Morally she has no right to do anything of the sort. How on earth are you going to deny entry to a child the use of your body, when you are the one who put them there in the first place?

It's like inviting someone into your home, and as soon as the walk in you shoot them with a shotgun. It makes no logical sense. 

The possibility of pregnancy does not depend on consent, so consent is irrelevant. You're implying that she's entered an implicit contract with nature.
Here's an example for you:
Let's say you are driving a car down the road. You obviously don't want to get into a crash, because you are just trying to get from point A to point B. Now let's say someone crashes into you and injures you and damages your car. Obviously, you didn't consent to this, and you didn't expect for this to happen, but you know that it could happen while you were driving your car.

When you get in your car, you don't want to get into a crash, but there is a possibility that you might, and everyone on the road knows that of course. So, when you get into your car, you are consenting the possibility that you might get into a crash. You might not want to get into a crash, but the world says otherwise, and you know that it could happen. 

So, if you don't want to crash, and assure that you never get into a crash, then don't drive. Otherwise, be prepared.

This analyogy for sex works the same. You might not want to get pregnant whilst having sex, but you do know that it is a possibility so you are consenting to the possibility that you might get pregnant. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Athias
She's not "killing" it; she's only refusing to help it; its physiological underdevelopment kills it.

It is wrong to initiate and carry out aggression. I can kill to defend against aggression; I can kill myself without having "wronged" anyone.
I think that the reason for the killing is ultimately what makes it bad or not. 
If you kill out of self-defense, the killing wasn't on purpose, it was just to preserve your own being. 
If you kill yourself, (for whatever reason it may be) you are being selfish in that act, because you are putting your pain and suffering before others, and that is wrong. You might have not wronged anyone, but the decision you made was ultimately wrong. 

Again, to whom is she consenting? Nature cannot consent. Probabilities cannot consent. So why is "consent" relevant?
She consented to herself. She told and agreed with herself to make that decision. Also, to whatever man she had intercourse with. 

The claim of which I speak is a proprietary claim; because, ultimately it reduces to a dispute over whose interests are prioritized as it concerns the mother's womb. Your argument is that the zygote/embryo/fetus has no responsibility in its own conception and occupancy of its mother's womb; that it's an innocent human life and that its survival should be protected even against its mother's interests. 
Yes, this is true.

My argument however is that the mother's womb belongs to her, and in all situations her interests take priority because it is her womb. She's not obligated to submit its use to anyone even if denying her womb results in a zygote/embryo/fetus being subject to the prospect of its viability outside of its mother's womb..
1.) Of course, the mother's womb belongs to her. I never said it didn't. What I said was that she gave over her womb when consenting to sex to the possibility of a pregnancy. So, it is her womb, but she gave access to another life. 

Second of all, a woman has already submitted the use of her womb to the child when she had sex, because she consented to sex with the possiblity of having a child. So, she had already given over access to her womb while conception was still happening. 

Let's say you, YouFound_Lxam have been braving a harsh blizzard, and you're on your last ropes. You spot a lit house with its front door unlocked. You enter the house to find out that it's my house. To make this analogy more interesting, let's say that I have, thus far, let you stay in my home for half an hour. But for whatever reason, I decide that I no longer want anyone in my home. I tell you to get out of my home, even while knowing that your chances of surviving outside in that blizzard are slim to none. I expel you from my home. You succumb to the blizzard and die. Did I "KILL" you? Did leaving my front door unlocked during a harsh blizzard mean that I expected the consequence that is drifters seeking shelter in my home? Were you too not an innocent life who did nothing to hurt me?
And B, (I am not quoting from your analogy, I am claiming what the actual situation would have to look like in order for your analogy to hold ground) I did not knock on the door for you to let me in. You put me in that house. I had no intention of going to the house, nor did I ever say I wanted to go into the house. Also, I was never in a blizzard before I entered your house, I was never in a dire situation before going into your house. 
And according to how abortions actually work, you wouldn't of just pushed me out of the house, you would have shot me or killed my yourself. 

You put me in that house without my permission then proceeded to kill me for whatever reason. 
That is how the analogy would work if lined up right. 

My point is this: my home is my home. It doesn't matter if my reasons are deemed illegitimate by you particularly in your seeking use of my property for your survival. I'm not obligated to submit my property to help you, even if it means my denying you the use of my property will exhaust all opportunities you have to survive.
Your home is your home, but you put me in your home without my consent and then shot me. That is an analogy for the logic of abortions. 

I'm not responsible for that blizzard. You're not responsible for that blizzard.
But a mother is responsible for paying a doctor to kill the child. And the child wasn't even in the so-called blizzard to speak before conception.

The same reasoning applies for abortion. You're essentially proposing that pregnant women who terminate their pregnancy should be criminally punished for not being a good Samaritan. It has nothing to do with "murder" or even "killing."
In order for your logic to line up, the woman would have to had made not one decision. 
The woman created the fetus. The fetus didn't decide to be put in any sort of situation. The mother put the fetus in that situation, and then took any chance it had of anything away when she paid for a doctor to dismember it. 

No. But in this case, the beneficiary is the State in the advent that it pursue to press charges.
Ok, well in that case, I could argue that the beneficiary the husband who might not want the abortion to happen. 

Listen, your argument is solid, but what you are saying without saying it is that the mother didn't choose for the fetus to exist, the mother didn't give consent whilst having sex to the possibility of getting pregnant, and that abortions are simply just letting a baby survive on its own. These claims are all incorrect and give your argument a disadvantage. 

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Athias
Sorry it was so long I had to put it into two posts lol. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@TWS1405_2
That’s EXACTLY what an intellectual coward would say. 

And I don’t give a flying rat’s ass what you think, feel or believe. The discussions of abortion ARE NEVER over. 
YOU LITERALLY.....................you know what.............................never mind I will just let you look stupid. 
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
YOU LITERALLY.....................you know what.............................never mind I will just let you look stupid. 
Psychological projection. How cute. And banal. But what if Lee can anyone expect from a teenager. 
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Sorry it was so long I had to put it into two posts lol. 
Superfluous nonsensical uneducated drivel. 🧐 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@TWS1405_2
You must take issue with the definers then.

I was just relaying the message.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Again, your position is that the government gets to decide, so bear in mind that everything you type from  this point on is to affirm why you believe that.
Not my position whatsoever. 

My position is that abortion is wrong, and as the people we should vote on the government enforcing that law. 
This is literally what it means to say the government gets to decide.

Murder: "the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another:"
That defines abortion. It doesn't have to involve malice, only a premeditated killing. 
Is capitol punishment murder? Yes or No?

What does it mean to have personhood?
It's a collection of a number of qualities that separate us from plants. The ability to think, feel emotions, create and hold memories, form relationships, develop habits/routines, have desires, create goals for oneself, etc.

A fetus is a living human by definition.
If you want to claim a fetus should be regarded as a fully formed human being with all of the same rights you need to provide an argument. You don't get to define your position as the correct one.

When creating laws, it's we the people, not we the women.
Yes, we the people getting to decide what happens inside the women's uterus.

Somehow I suspect you would feel differently if you were a women watching two men argue over what they get to do with their own body.

This is why I promote that you should not have children out of wedlock so that men will be forced to suffer the consequences as well.
So you do not promote having children out of wedlock and you do not support having sex without the intent to conceive.

In other words, no one in our society should ever have sex except for married people.

You have a right to that position, but be clear that this is your position when arguing against abortion because all of this is necessarily tied together.

I am also curious to know whether you actually intend to live up to the standards you set for everyone else.

I am not defending the manipulative men for doing these things at all, I am simply saying that women need to be more aware of these things because the consequences of sex hurt women way more then it hurts men.
The consequences you are imposing on them.

Your argument here is entirely circular. The consequences of women engaging in sex is justifiably dire because women should know better, women should know better because the consequences are dire.

You need to justify the consequences to make any of this make sense.
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Your propose virtual rape of pregnant woman. Your sick-n-head.

Keep your frickin nose out of a pregnant womans bodily business you pervert.

Fetus/baby is not a viable,  independent, individual human until it is born out, taken its first in-spirit-ed breath, and has the umbilical cord severed.

This dude appears to me, to be likened to religious medival days past and various countrys, that did and still do all kinds of other sick-n-heads  things  to women that should be considered criminal. 

These types morality is sick-head baseless religious morality that considers only the non-breathing, attached inside the woman, for months. Adult humans  move into an out of apartments in shorter times than that.

Pregnant woman is breathing, independent, individual human with bodily sovereignty from immoral  perverts, or so should any laws protect.
............(* i *)........
..........(    @    ).....
..............|...|........
............../...\.......
............m....m......

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Double_R
This is literally what it means to say the government gets to decide.
No, letting the government decide would mean that we the people wouldn't get to vote on it. 

Is capitol punishment murder? Yes or No?
I think you mean is murder capital punishment...........but anyways:
"Capital murder is a murder for which the perpetrator may be sentenced to capital punishment, which is the death penalty. By far the most common crime for which perpetrators are sentenced to death is murder, though the specifics of what constitutes special circumstances vary by state."

So not always, but yes murder does entail capital punishment.

It's a collection of a number of qualities that separate us from plants. The ability to think, feel emotions, create and hold memories, form relationships, develop habits/routines, have desires, create goals for oneself, etc.
What about a man in a coma? 
That man no longer can think, feel emotions, create and hold memories, form relationships, develop habits/routines, have desires, create goals for oneself, and etc.
So, is he no longer a living valuable human being?
Would it be ok for me to kill him?

If you want to claim a fetus should be regarded as a fully formed human being with all of the same rights you need to provide an argument. You don't get to define your position as the correct one.
All I am stating, is that by definition, a fetus is a living human. Maybe not a fully developed one, but still a human. 

We already know that from conception it is living so that proves the living part. 
Then we know that the organism inside of the woman has to have some sort of DNA, and it is different from the mothers, and it is human DNA, so it is by all means a human.

So, by definition a zygote/embryo/fetus is in fact a human being. 
Rights don't define a human being, because if they did, then many other countries wouldn't have human beings. 

Yes, we the people getting to decide what happens inside the women's uterus.

Somehow I suspect you would feel differently if you were a women watching two men argue over what they get to do with their own body.
You're picturing of this situation is idiotic.

You think of this as women just being quiet, and the men are doing all of the decision making, but you don't point out all of the women who are pro-life. The women who fight for the rights of the baby from conception. Women who want abortion to be illegal. You forget to add that to this conversation. 

And abortions don't happen just in the woman's uterus. They happen because a doctor pulls out the baby limb by limb. It's not all the uterus's work, and it's silly to presume that. 

And everyone of all races and both genders should have a say of what happens to the unborn child when it comes to life or death, because it is a living human. 

So you do not promote having children out of wedlock and you do not support having sex without the intent to conceive.
No, what I am promoting, is that women should be wise in who they have sex with and when they have sex, because overall it's the woman's choice if she wants to have sex or not. 

So, I'm not saying people shouldn't have sex, out of wedlock, or that they should only have sex with the intent to conceive, I am claiming that women should be more careful when it comes to sex, and always know in the back of their head that there is a chance that this could go wrong.

All I am saying, is just aware. 

The consequences you are imposing on them.
Nope. The consequences that they chose when having sex. 

Your argument here is entirely circular. The consequences of women engaging in sex is justifiably dire because women should know better, women should know better because the consequences are dire.
This is not circular. 
You are forgetting that not every single pregnancy is not wanted.

The consequences of women engaging in sex, is that there is a possibility that she might get pregnant, which might be a good or a bad thing for that specific woman. So, women should be vigilant when having sex, because of that possibility.  

I'm not saying that women should know better, I am saying that women should be smart when having sex, because sex is a bigger deal than most people make it out to be. 
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Athias
Except skin, hair, or sperm cells don't have their own distinct DNA
Skin cells still have human DNA.  I fail to see the relevance of the DNA being unique or not.  If there was a human with my exact DNA, they are a seperate human being.  If a new cell is created in my right arm with unique human DNA, that’s not a human being.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ebuc
Your propose virtual rape of pregnant woman. Your sick-n-head.
Nope. Rapists should be castrated and killed. 

Keep your frickin nose out of a pregnant womans bodily business you pervert.
It's not bodily business when she is paying someone to interfere with her natural bodily business and killing a human. 

Fetus/baby is not a viable,  independent, individual human until it is born out, taken its first in-spirit-ed breath, and has the umbilical cord severed.
It's not viable or independent, but so are humans today that are hooked up to machines.
And they are an individual human with individual human DNA that is different from the mothers. 

Also explain to me how breath constitutes or creates that line of living. 
Is the vagina some type of line barrier that equals life. Does the vagina create life?

This dude appears to me, to be likened to religious medival days past and various countrys, that did and still do all kinds of other sick-n-heads  things  to women that should be considered criminal. 
Again..........not like that.

These types morality is sick-head baseless religious morality that considers only the non-breathing, attached inside the woman, for months. Adult humans  move into an out of apartments in shorter times than that.
Religion has nothing to do with this. It's basic morals. 

TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@TWS1405_2
The Constitution doesn't cover a lot of things, but they are implied.
The 10th amendment leaves issues not explicitly covered in the constitution up to the states.  That’s why slavery was up to the states until Lincoln passed the 13th amendment.

Example: right to travel, it is not expressly written thereof in the US Constitution, but it is implied AND has been ruled a right of personal liberty, one's freedom of movement. Kent v Dulles (1958)
We are all American citizens if born here under the 14th amendment.
Example: Right to marry other races (interracial marriage) isn't expressly written in the US Constitution either, but via the 14th Amendment's equal protection clause (EPC), it was inferred/implied via personal liberty rights that people had the right to marry outside of their own race. Loving v Virginia (1967)
There isn’t really an argument against interracial marriage that people believe.

What amendments give the right to an abortion?  People say the right to privacy.  I’m just courious as to how far the “right to privacy” argument goes.  Like if I beat up my girlfriend in the privacy of my home, is it now legal under, “right to privacy”?

If the answer is yes, you’ve just legalized beating up your girlfriend.  If the answer is no, then you should admit that the right to privacy amendment is not absolute.
Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
-->
@Double_R
No, you do not get to kill people. Life is the most important thing on Earth.
I hope you learn that one day, my friend.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Not all scientists believe this.
What proportion do?  I don’t think it would be high because if the percentage of scientists who believe a zygote is a human being was high, IVF wouldn’t exist because of all the embryos you would have to kill to produce pregnancy.

What is the reason that you believe that a fetus is a human, and zygote/embryos aren't? What is different between them, that makes ones a human, and the other not?
Cell specialization; zygotes, embryos, and cancer cells all have human DNA but aren’t specialized, so they aren’t human.  A fetus does have its cells mostly specialized, so they are human.

It's pretty stupid to assume that everyone I don't save, I am letting die. Not factually accurate at all.
If you have the ability to save someone’s life and you don’t, you’re letting them die.  I have the ability to send all my money to Africa to help children and to prevent them from dying of starvation.  But I don’t.

I would argue in this case that since I have no obligation to save those people, and I didn't put them in that situation, then it would be morally acceptable to not pull the lever, because changing the outcome would make me involved in the situation.
I just strongly disagree with that; I would kill one person to save 4 if I valued all people equally.  90% of the population agrees with me.

So, you would kill one kid for money? That is what you are arguing.
I would not press the button, because again, that would be murder.
Mr. Beast did this poll where he asked people, “Would you press a button that killed someone and you got $1 million for it?”  45% of the population said they would.  Now my position is, “I would do it for $1 billion, but then use some of the money to save more people from more painful deaths, leading to more lives saved than killed and I still have a lot of money.”  Nothing that lasts a finite amount of time has infinite value, including the human life.

I would argue to make living expenses in prisons reduced, to make life not likable in prison, that way less people will want to go to prison.
You can make the living conditions as horrible as you want in prison, if 1/6 people are in jail, it’s going to be extremely expensive to take care of them all.

But what you’re suggesting is to kill all prisoners, so we don't have to pay for them, which holds no moral respectability.
I don’t believe I said that.  I believe that we should kill the very bad prisoners (murderers, rapists, kidnappers, people that bring fetanyl in the country), and impose alternative sentences for lesser crimes (so if your crime is a DUI for example, you get lashings).

Ok, but the females put themselves into this situation.
They put themselves in that situation because of men like you having sex with them.  If you don’t want a pregnancy, don’t have sex.

I believe in basing my opinions on facts and evidence, not just what the scientists and government says is good.
The scientists and the government provide the facts and evidence.  Basing your opinions on facts and evidence is basing your position based on what the government and scientists say.