how to save the country economically

Author: n8nrgim

Total: 17
n8nrgim
Debates: 0
n8nrgim

it's just a matter of spreading awareness and having the political will to do it 

both the government and our citizens can be saved economically 

healthcare is the only issue that could potentially bankrupt the country, and this thread tackles that issue too

affordable housing solution - bring back boarding houses with a drug search waiver

affordable healthcare solution - grow healthcare costs at or less than inflation and make insurance companies non-profit

affordable education solution - stop giving out loans and instead require limited percent of income plans 

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@n8nrgim
There is only one answer to your question. Stop the currency inflation.

healthcare is the only issue that could potentially bankrupt the country,
You clearly are not paying attention to the money spent on the welfare of other countries.
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
-->
@Greyparrot
do you ever actually look at the national budget? you always bring up these small fry cost problems. 

we have a meager welfare state compared to other countries, and our defense spending as a percent of GDP is relatively stable. healthcare is the only big one and the only real wild card. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@n8nrgim
you always bring up these small fry cost problems. 
Currency Inflation is not a "small fry" cost problem as you are about to experience.

Defense spending as a percent of GDP is relatively stable.
Debt to GDP ratio is anything but stable.
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
-->
@Greyparrot
you're not even making sense any more. i'm actually kind of worried about your mental health. you talk like someone who damaged his brain from years of drug abuse.  i'm not even trying to be mean spirited... just being probably overly blunt. 
Best.Korea
Debates: 251
Best.Korea
Healthcare costs more than the military. People are abusing the healthcare system.

Thus, the only working healthcare system would be a commune-managed healthcare or private healthcare.
You want me to pay for you going to doctor 100 times a year? Better then explain why you are going to doctor 100 times a year.
The state does not manage these details, so expenses pile up.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
I'm not surprised at your healthcare spending if most americans are a bunch of coach potatoes.

Theres a lot to improve in your society, seriously.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@n8nrgim
just being probably overly blunt. 
Well you are just as wrong about that as your sophomoric take on economics.
You claim America has a problem funding healthcare at levels similar to other developed nations

...we have a meager welfare state compared to other countries...
...but fail to note the massive difference between other types of welfare spending between the USA and those countries, namely in the forms of massive amounts of international and corporate welfare directly driven by political lobby donors. I would advise you to read a lot more than you appear to with your posts. Those 2 things I brought up are massively more economically impactful in the near and far term than "healthcare"

Why do you think those banks just went bankrupt last week in California anyway? It sure as hell wasn't because of healthcare costs....
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@IlDiavolo
I'm not surprised at your healthcare spending if most americans are a bunch of coach potatoes
America has the most overweight people in the world. That is by design to keep poor people fat dumb and happy and the rich richer.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@IlDiavolo
Coach potatoes.
King Edwards off to the seaside.

Couch potatoes maybe.

But you are right.

An easy lifestyle creates far too many people not bothering to consider their own well being until it's too late.
Best.Korea
Debates: 251
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
America has the most overweight people in the world. That is by design to keep poor people fat dumb and happy and the rich richer.
Overweight people are sick by definition. However, you are also paying for other useless crap: psychology and psychiatry.
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
the CDC says obesity costs less than two hundred billion a year.  you guys are right that it's significant, but it pales in comparison to the trillions we can save just by changing the way we pay for care. 

the usa spends 18 percent of its GDP on healthcare. other country spend about ten percent or less. that difference amounts to pushing two trillion a year. it's a fact that the main reason they pay less, is because they regulate costs more whereas we do not. also insurance companies are middlemen who provide little value and much waste. insurance eats up a third of a dollars spent on healthcare, on adminstrative costs, whereas medicare only spends 3 percent on adiministration

did you guys even read my link in my opening post? do you guys ever read or google for actual figures to back up what ya'll say? i think the main issue people are having with my arguments is that they are ignorant and have no desire to change that. 

if you want someone credible to back up my arguments, notice that orogami said he agreed with my healthcare proposal. 
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
i suppose keeping healthcare from rising beyond inflation is just one part of it. 

i think most people would agree that there should be more competition with hosptials, and start allowing doctor owned hospitals. this would help tremendously. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@n8nrgim
if you want someone credible to back up my arguments, notice that orogami said he agreed with my healthcare proposal
Credibility isn't dependent on agreeableness. Oro has a terrible tunnel problem with trusting established authority even when it's clear the system they are in charge of is broken and has been for multiple decades. You should never trust the same people that broke something to provide a credible solution.

i think most people would agree that there should be more competition with hospitals, and start allowing doctor owned hospitals
AMA lobby will never allow this.

n8nrgim
n8nrgim
"AMA lobby will never allow this."

u r probably right. doesnt mean my ideas are bad, or that they can't be done. 

just like the zoning lobby in my other thread... special interests are destroying america. and stopping crooked politicians from doing common sense things to stop the damage. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@n8nrgim
agree

64 days later

n8nrgim
n8nrgim
???