A Perspective on the Violence in Nashville

Author: coal

Total: 206
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@coal
The concept of an "American citizen" today is essentially a dead concept. Most people born here cannot define what it is or what it means to be an American. (although immigrants can still easily tell you ironically)

Every year unleashes more and more anti-nationalist fringe groups intent on transforming the nation into some global conglomerate. Whenever an issue arises, there is always another nation America should emulate. America used to be the shining beacon for the world. The Constitution is holding the nation together by thread strings, but the writing is on the wall unless the people fight for independence and freedom as their ancient ancestors once did.
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@Greyparrot
When they go to school, they sit in prison-like "educational institutions" under fluorescent lights and forced to stay inside listening to shitty people (most teachers I think are pretty shitty people) drone on about shit the kids do not see the value of, for the purpose of performing on standardized tests that set the trajectory of their lives. 
I would never do this to my high school students. If I'm not getting fistbumps and smiles all day, then there's something horribly wrong.
A few months ago, I saw a video of high school students from the 1990s trending on TikTok.  That was a type of educational environment I recognized.  Before George Bush's "No Child Left Behind Act" so-called "reforms" (and certainly before Barack Obama's "Common Core" reforms).  Before everyone had cell phones.  When TVs were were rolled into classrooms on carts, social media was unheard of and people looked at one another as opposed to screens in front of them.

Granted, I am not anti-tech in school.  We did not have a computer science program when I was in grade school, but I think it's pretty standard to do so now.  And Common Core math may be better than how I was taught algebra, trig and calculus, for example.  I don't know.  But it sure seems like schools are miserable places to be these days.  Especially if the subject being taught can be turned into political propaganda.  

I am old enough now that most of my friends have kids in grade school.  And the shit their kids are taught, even in elementary school, makes me very sympathetic to the kinds of measures Ron DeSantis has initiated in Florida.  These young 20-somethings with degrees in "education" have all kinds of crazy ideas, and they seem determined to infect the next generation with the same mind-virus they caught in college: wokeness.  

This is horrible.  It must be stopped.  We will not survive this fourth turning, if it isn't.  

Most of the mass shooters come from deeply troubled backgrounds.  But people with deeply troubled backgrounds aren't new, either.  The only thing that's changed is that almost all kids now either do not grow up in two-parent households, or if they do, both parents work.
Thomas Sowell agrees.
Thomas Sowell is probably the single most important public intellectual in living memory.  When I was younger (and believed some of the stupid things I learned in college and graduate school), I dismissed him.  But that was because I lacked the experience to realize I didn't know everything.  Now, I can only reflect in horror upon the stupid things I believed when I was in my 20s.

Although, in fairness, the pandemic was really my watershed moment.  It was only when I saw the government's incompetent handling of the pandemic that I totally lost faith in the government's ability to do anything right.  Before, my baseline assumption was that the government was capable of getting things right.  After, my baseline assumption was that whatever can be fucked up, will be fucked up.  Because that is what happened at every level during the pandemic.

I am reminded of what Kary Mullis said after he won the nobel prize in chemistry.  Most people do not have the intellectual toolkit to be able to distinguish genuine expertise from charlatanism.  That is why people like Anthony Fauci can exist at very high levels of government.  Almost all the people who know enough to be able to see him for the fraud that he is, were either beholden to his control over research funding through the NIAID (academia) or had the incentive to use him to their advantage (big pharma).  So, he remained in place for years while he used his position to ruin the lives and careers of anyone who challenged him (just like his equally incompetent predecessor, Francis Collins).  

At the end of the day, Fauci is the textbook example of the dangers inherent to rule by so-called "experts."  

I think it started with FDR and the progressives, frankly.
The FDR era was the beginning of the end of the concept of the privilege and responsibility of citizenship. FDR used the existing fabric of citizenship to draft men and employ women to  fight a foreign war 10,000 miles away as a means to justify a complete restructuring of the government where the government, not the citizen is responsible for maintaining the social fabric and the social welfare. The very concept that kept the Greek and Romans so prosperous for so long was destroyed within the reign of one president.
I think I agree with this, but I don't know enough to have an informed opinion.  I agree that FDR and the progressive era redefined what it meant to be an American citizen, and I think that was probably the start of the destruction of the non-state institutions that held the fabric of American society together.  But I know very little about Greek and Roman history.  
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@coal
I think I agree with this, but I don't know enough to have an informed opinion.  I agree that FDR and the progressive era redefined what it meant to be an American citizen, and I think that was probably the start of the destruction of the non-state institutions that held the fabric of American society together.  But I know very little about Greek and Roman history.  
There used to be a time when society EXPECTED neighbors to look out for each other, and for neighbors to band together to protect their cities, and cities to band together to protect their states.

No longer is this the case. I won't bore you with obvious examples.
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
Are you being sarcastic?  I have to wonder, in the face of such a stupid response.
So Coal asks question and then blocks me. Sign of immature people we have here at DArt, of which some are Trumpeteers.

Your confusing crude/rude content, expressed along side truth.

Truth is irrelevant to sarcasms, crude or crude.

Truth, jan 6th was uneccesary attack on people and USA capital people causing terroism for the people outside and inside.
...note" as were many  other types of violent attacks spurred on by Trumpet and his cult MAGA trumpteers before, during and after he left presidency. Sic-n-head

That cultist MAGA Trumpeteers support this kind of terrorism is sign of insanity aka mentally deficit aka lack of moral and intellectual integrity.

The only people who dont see this sic-n-head mentality of the Trumpists, are the Trumpists themselves, which includes those in politics who trying to balance the line of not loossing support for their political existence while full well knowing Trumpists are mentally deficit and pose varying degrees of terrorism on the USA peoples.

Especially racism, anti-gay, anti-gender, anti-imigration, virutal rapists etc and backed by many established so called religious leaders. Sic-n-head all of them.

Have way to sanity is those who know their sic-n-head. Some Trumpeteers know this about themselves, so their half-way to sanity. Still, they have others to spur them on to say and do illogical, lack of common sense and lack of critical thinking. It leads to mob mentality that we saw with Jan 6th sic-n-head mentality.

Best.Korea
Debates: 276
Best.Korea
Why would I be interested in shooter's manifesto? Hitler wrote many books too. Am I reading them? No.

Giving any positive attention to murderer equals to approving his actions.
RationalMadman
Debates: 569
RationalMadman
-->
@Best.Korea
Your username is best korea and you glorify north korea and Putin.

So... LOL
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
You have reported and deleted one of my most important forum topics that I liked very much. I put lots of effort into that topic.

Now you make fun of me over my support for Democratic Korea.

I have no interest in trading any sort of insults with you. My goal on this site is to spread the truth and God's word. However, I would prefer if you dont delete my forum topics anymore. Its not a very nice thing. I really like my forum topics. I want for them to inspire people to do good. 😊
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
At least RM is admitting Putin is Best :)
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Best.Korea
Which topic was it that was reported and deleted?

You just preached how to consider positives or points made by psychopaths and evil people is to side with all they've done. I pointed out how you do this with DPRK leaders and Putin alike.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
Which topic was it that was reported and deleted
It was the one about wild edibles: dandelion, stinging nettle and some others.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Best.Korea
stinging nettles can kill you if eaten raw. Dandelions are dangerous
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
Well, the people who eat those plants clearly are the proof of opposite.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Best.Korea
They cook the nettles.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
Nope.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
The cooking adds some taste to plants. Thats why people cook those plants.

It is safe to eat raw dandelions and raw stinging nettles. Its just the taste that sucks.

After having eaten 2 kilograms of raw dandelion root in 4 days, and some raw stinging nettle, I can say this: it tastes bad, but none of it is dangerous.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Best.Korea
okay you specifically meant the roots? I am beginning to understand.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RationalMadman
I have eaten roots and leaves and flowers of those plants raw. The roots are in abundance. You wont get as much from leaves and flowers, due to small weight.

One dandelion root weights more than a carrot. There is so much dandelions growing everywhere that you dont even have to walk much to look for them. It took me only a few minutes to dig up 2 kilograms.

People cook those roots to get better taste and to soften them, since roots are slightly bitter and tough to chew.
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@coal
Once again, today we confront the depths of evil and moral depravity.  A school shooter murdered six people in a school.  More may succumb to their injuries, yet.   It is too early to say at this time.  The fatalities include three adults and three children.  The school was a private Christian religious school.  The shooter was a 28-year old former student of the same school.  
The shooter was a 28 year old FEMALE suffering from ant-social behavior, psychopathy, depression, anxiety, and gender dysphoria; among other mental comorbidities. She was a mental basket case. The culmination of those mental comorbidities should have required reporting her to a federal database red flagging her from being able to legally purchase weapons. THAT is the REAL ISSUE here. .

There are some differences between this instance, and other prior instances.  For example, this shooter was a transitioning "male" (born female, in some state of "transition" to being male).   It is unclear whether that is relevant to the shooter's motive or intentions.  It might be.  It might not be.  I don't have enough information to know at this time.  
Yes, we may not have enough information right now but we can all male rational/reasonable presumptions about her motives. Enough information is coming out to substantiate it. And the fact that the police department is refusing to release a copy/transcript of the manifesto speaks volumes. 

This guy makes a great point, and shows a video of a trans-woman calling for violence.  

Immediate, reflexive calls for gun control are unhelpful.  As they always are.  Demands for broad, sweeping policy reform in the face of a highly publicized crisis  also do not add value.  This person would have passed any pre-purchase background check without difficulty.  
Yes, calls for gun control are unhelpful and often asinine and demonstrate just how uneducated legislators are. This 2A and gun expert rips Rep Shiela Jackson apart discussing Biden’s latest assault weapons ban committee/hearing. 

TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@RationalMadman
This person would have passed any pre-purchase background check without difficulty.  
And that is why gun bans is actually what to push for but it seems enough Americans will let their children be slaughtered, literally not metaphorically and not hyperbole, before daring to push for that... So, America is fucked.

Oh look, the resident ignoramus on firearms speaks. 🤦🏼‍♂️ 🙄 

This 2A/gun expert puts all your whining to pathetic shame. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TWS1405_2
I think you're a bit biased there.
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@RationalMadman

@<<<TWS1405_2>>>
I think you're a bit biased there.

huh?

Could you be anymore vague? 🤦🏼‍♂️ 
coal
Debates: 6
coal
@ebuc

I think I blocked you a long time ago.   Presumably because I grew exhausted of your nonsense.  I usually only do that as a show of great restraint, in the face of overwhelming idiocy. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@TWS1405_2
The culmination of those mental comorbidities should have required reporting her to a federal database red flagging her from being able to legally purchase weapons. THAT is the REAL ISSUE here. .
Red states don’t allow red flag laws dummy

TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
🥱 
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@TWS1405_2
Just ignore the known troll. I think he knows he is lying when he claims zero red states have red flag laws. Florida is a red state and has them as just one of at least 10 examples https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/red-flag-laws-states
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
@coal
Hey,

It was just a few kids and a few teachers.

Good TV.

Plenty of drone work I expect.

And the shooter copped it,

Which proves that guns are,

Brilliant.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Just ignore the known troll. I think he knows he is lying when he claims zero red states have red flag laws. Florida is a red state and has them as just one of at least 10 examples https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/red-flag-laws-states
I see 2 red states with red flag laws - Florida and Indiana 

What are the other 8 red states you dummy?

That means only 2 out of 20 states with red flag laws are red states.

So to recap. 2 out of 25 red states have red flag laws.

18 out of 26 blue states have red flag laws (including DC)

My statement “red states don’t have red flag laws” is accurate just as a statement blue states have red flag laws would also be accurate.

PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
So you admit it is a number higher than zero
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
When Coal blocks, it is great restraint in the face of idiocy, when RM blocks, it is a show of great cowardice in the face of great toxicity.

Right.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
So you admit it is a number higher than zero
 Show me where I used the word “zero” dummy.