Is the God of the Bible "good" or "wicked"?

Author: DavidAZ

Total: 216
BrotherD.Thomas
Debates: 0
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@DavidAZ

DavidAZ, that is as Bible Stupid as Miss Tradesecret for the obvious reasons, and is a copy cat of your MO in posting style because he can't come up with his own style, and where he went to Miss Tradesecrets ungodly school of; "How to run away from disturbing Bible passages and to "try" and remain intelligent looking in the aftermath, and does not like it when one “cherry picks” scripture that exists in the Bible the first place, and that makes him the Bible fool” 

"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do.” (Exodus 21:7)

YOUR LYING QUOTE RELATIVE TO EXODUS 21:7 SHOWN ABOVE: “This is taken out of context.  This is stupid to think that God WANTS us to sell our daughters to slavery.  This is strictly for monetary reasons and not ownership, since after 7 years they can be free.”  

LIAR!!! At your embarrassment again in front of the membership, where do YOU get the authority to say that the inspired literal words of Jesus in the passage above is "taken out of context and wrong" you Bible idiot?! What part of; “When a man sells his daughter as a slave” don’t you understand you little Bible stupid pseudo-christian?!  

Furthermore, you Bible inept fool, to support the passage in question are the following passages relating to EVERY passage given in the Bible AS WRITTEN:

EVERY word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.“ (Proverbs 30:5)

“And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY WORD of God.” (Luke 4:4)

HEADS UP BIBLE FOOL DAVIDAZ, IN YOU SAYING THAT THE INSPIRED WORD OF JESUS AS GOD IN EXODUS 21:7 IS WRONG, YOU ARE CALLING HIM A LIAR! THEREFORE, YOU HAVE COMMITTED THE DREADFUL UNPARDONABLE SIN! WAY TO GO BIBLE DUMBASS, LOL!

OUTCOME TO THIS POST: Jesus as God is "WICKED" since the post in question was inspired by Him and in the Bible (1 Thessalonians 2:13)
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@DavidAZ

DavidAZ, .that is as Bible Stupid as Miss Tradesecret for the obvious reasons, and is a copy cat of your MO in posting style because he can't come up with his own style, and where he went to Miss Tradesecrets ungodly school of; "How to run away from disturbing Bible passages and to "try" and remain intelligent looking in the aftermath, and does not like it when one “cherry picks” scripture that exists in the first place, and that makes him the Bible fool,”

JESUS AS GOD SAID: “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition?  For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’ and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death."  (Matthew 15: 3-4)

YOUR CONTINUED BIBLE STUPIDITY QUOTES RELATIVE TO MATTHEW 15:3 SHOWN ABOVE:  “Again, context.   This is specifically for the nation of Israel.  Do you really think that God creates a nation only to have them destroy their children?  What child has NEVER back talked to their parents at one point of another.  This is clearly in reference to some child who is outlandishly unruly and so far, I have not seen an example of the sentence carried out in the Bible.”

What did you just stupidly say? You said in relation to parents are to murder their offspring that curse them relates too: “This is specifically for the nation of Israel?” Your Bible dumbness is without question!  T

Therefore, in the same vein pertaining only to Israel, therefore, when are you going to do the following post haste: 

1. You getting a vigil together to remove ALL 10 Commandment displays around the world because these displays are only for Israel Jews!

2.   You removing all Christian churches throughout the world, because Jesus words only relates to the Jews, especially since He is “King of the Jews” (Matthew 27:37)

3. Remove ALL crosses throughout the world relating to Christianity because they are for Jews in Israel ONLY since Jesus came ONLY for the Jews to begin with! (Matthew 15:24)

Jesus H. Christ, you are so Bible stupid it makes me shudder, ewwwwwwwwwwww!

OUTCOME TO THIS POST: Jesus as God is "WICKED" since the post in question was inspired by Him and in the Bible (1 Thessalonians 2:13)
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@DavidAZ

DavidAZ, that is as Bible Stupid as Miss Tradesecret for the obvious reasons, and is a copy cat of your MO in posting style because he can't come up with his own style, and where he went to Miss Tradesecrets ungodly school of; "How to run away from disturbing Bible passages and to "try" and remain intelligent looking in the aftermath, and does not like it when one “cherry picks” scripture that exists in the first place, and that makes him the Bible fool,”

JESUS STATED AS GOD SAID: “If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.” (Luke 14:26)

YOUR QUOTE OF BIBLE STUPIDITY AGAIN TO LUKE 14:26 SHOWN ABOVE “Again, such a stupid point of view and an obvious cherry picking of scripture. This can be crossed referenced in Matthew 10:34-39.  Jesus is clearly stating that you can't hold the love of your parents above the love of God.

YOU HAVE CALLED JESUS’ WORDS IN LUKE 14:26 AS A “STUPID POINT OF VIEW” WHEREAS AGAIN YOU HAVE COMMITTED THE UNPARDONABLE SIN FOR THE SECOND TIME!  

Your comical ruse that I am “cherry picking” scripture, that was within the Bible in the first place to be read, is comical on its face as you blunder around in trying to get yourself out of the LITERAL passages that I have given you to show Jesus as God in being WICKED!

Thank you for giving us another passage in Matthew 10:34-36 in once again showing Jesus as God being WICKED herewith: 

Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law— a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.”

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
The answer to.  Why is good friday called good friday may add some insight into.
Is god of the bible " good " or " wicked " 

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@DavidAZ

DavidAZ, .that is as Bible Stupid as Miss Tradesecret for the obvious reasons, and is a copy cat of your MO in posting style because he can't come up with his own style, and where he went to Miss Tradesecrets ungodly school of; "How to run away from disturbing Bible passages and to "try" and remain intelligent looking in the aftermath, and does not like it when one “cherry picks” scripture that exists in the first place, and that makes him the Bible fool,”

JESUS AS GOD SAID:   “If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son or your daughter or the wife you embrace or your friend who is as your own soul entices you secretly, saying, ‘Let us go and serve other gods,’ which neither you nor your fathers have known, some of the gods of the peoples who are around you, whether near you or far off from you, from the one end of the earth to the other, you shall not yield to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him, nor shall you conceal him. But you shall kill him. Your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. You shall stone him to death with stones, because he sought to draw you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery." (Deuteronomy 13:6-10)

JESUS AS GOD SAID: “If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.” (Leviticus 20:13)

JESUS AS GOD SAID: "And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and with all their soul,  but that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman." (2 Chronicles 15:12-13)

YOUR INCREDIBLE BIBLE STUPID QUOTES TO THE ABOVE JESUS STATED PASSAGES AS GODSuch foolish arguments.  It's as if I'm talking to a dumb teenager. This again is for the nation of Israel. Jesus does not give this commandment to Christians.”

WHAT? AGAIN YOU HAVE CALLED JESUS’ DIRECT LITERAL WORDS IN THE 3 AFOREMENTIONED PASSAGES AS “SUCH FOOLISH ARGUMENTS”  WHEREAS AGAIN FOR THE THIRD TIME YOU HAVE COMMITTED THE UNPARDONABLE SIN!!!!!  

YOUR QUOTE IN SHOWING THE MEMBERSHIP THAT YOUR BIBLE STUPIDITY HAS NO BOUNDS!!!: “And to give my opinion, as long as the witch or an idolator or a fag is not harming my family or my friends, live and let live. They will get theirs in the judgement day. Who am I to exact judgement?

Listen up Bible FOOL, you are to act upon Judgment relative to the sinners mentioned in your list above, and in the 3 passages listed above as well, as shown in the passages below, you outright Bible ignorant stupid fool!

“Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.” (John 7:24)

Simon answered, “The one, I suppose, for whom he cancelled the larger debt.” And he said to him, “You have judged rightly.” Simon replied, 'I suppose the one who had the bigger debt forgiven. ' 'You have judged correctly,' Jesus said.(Luke 7:43) 

"And why don't you judge for yourselves what is right?(Luke 12:57)

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@DavidAZ

DavidAZ, that is as Bible Stupid as Miss Tradesecret for the obvious reasons, and is a copy cat of your MO in posting style because he can't come up with his own style, and where he went to Miss Tradesecrets ungodly school of; "How to run away from disturbing Bible passages and to "try" and remain intelligent looking in the aftermath, and does not like it when one “cherry picks” scripture that exists in the first place, and that makes him the Bible fool,”

YOUR PRE-SCHOOL GIBBERISH MISH-MASH QUOTE “You will demand that God is wicked, but your own actions are not?  You will feel high enough to judge a being that can only be good?  You are ridiculous! LOL.  If it seems God has done something "wicked", it is because we don't understand the reason or because we can't see what he does.”

My actions are PROVING that Jesus as God is WICKED” in the passages that I have given to your Bible inept brain in not being able to see the OBVIOUS of said passages to begin with in their LITERAL form because you are so God Damned BIBLE STUPID!

My next response to you bringing forth Bible Stupidisms®️ will be to discuss why you are no longer even a pseudo-christian because you have committed the dreadful UNPARDONABLE SIN in your behalf as shown in your pathetic responses to RUN AWAY from Jesus’ true LITERAL words!  Therefore, there is NO NEED for you to be within this Religion Forum anymore because it has already been determined by Jesus’ inspired words that you are going to take a one-way E-ticket ride to the sulfur lakes of Hell upon your timely demise!  LOL!!!!

What a Bible fool you truly are and don’t even know it!

NEXT PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN THAT IS AS BIBLE STUPID AT “DAVIDAZ” AND THAT HAS COMMITTED THE DREADFUL UNPARDONABLE SIN, WILL BE …?
DavidAZ
Debates: 8
DavidAZ
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
Must I once again go back to your useless MO of posting?!

You have really shown your true ignorant colors, fool!  Do you not realize that the word spank is not even in the bible?  The word beat was used in it's place.  Do you really think that God wanted his people to BEAT their children?!  YOU are the sick creep with even thinking that the intent of that passage refers to this!!  

In your useless posting on this forum, you have blatantly lived up to your name as the Bible Dumb Ass!  It looks like your parents should have taken the rod to your Bible Dumb Ass more often and should have used the rod on your face as well.   (Hmmm. . . Actually, from the looks of it, looks like they already did!)  Maybe then the useless rabble spouting from your flabby mouth would have been curbed before you solidified your name as the "BIBLE DUMB ASS".  All I hear coming from your end is braying.  

As for the result of your posting, it only reveals that you are the wicked one!  Are you always so foolish to show who your real father is so quickly during these forums?    Your father, the devil, is having a heyday embarrassing you!

Once again, an offering is demanded from you since your bible belting was in order.  AMEN!
DavidAZ
DavidAZ
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
Ah! The rapid fire of posts.  Only Bro D can do this.

Looks like I only responded to one and I won't respond to the rest since they will all say the same thing. 

So to answer the rest of your posts on this thread, though this has been enjoyable, I will give one simple answer:

Derp.

Good day! :)
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@DavidAZ

DavidAZ, that is as Bible Stupid as Miss Tradesecret for the obvious reasons, and is a copy cat of your MO in posting style because he can't come up with his own style, and where he went to Miss Tradesecrets ungodly school of; "How to run away from disturbing Bible passages and to "try" and remain intelligent looking in the aftermath, and does not like it when one “cherry picks” scripture that exists in the Bible the first place, and that makes him the Bible fool,” 

Listen, it matters not in what you say from this time forth if you have the audacity to stay within this Religion Forum making an outright Bible fool of yourself, understood?  This is because you have outright COMMITTED THE UNPARDONABLE SIN, where what ever you say in this forum from this time forward is all for naught!   

Your only use within this forum now is to be an example of a stupid pseudo-christian that created said UNPARDONABLE SIN, because you have the audacity to ridicule Jesus' inspired passages (1 Thessalonians 2:13) in calling them “out of context, a stupid point of view, and essentially wrong" to your way of Satanic thinking, as explicitly shown in your ungodly link herewith: https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/9125/posts/383813

UNPARDONABLE SIN:  “Truly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the children of man, and whatever blasphemies they utter, but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin” (Mark 3:28-29)

Because of your inept pre-school thinking, you failed to realize that the Trinity Doctrine of the faith of Christianity is where Jesus is considered the combination as a whole of the 3 entities of the Father, the Son, and the HOLY SPIRIT, of which you have blasphemed Jesus' Holy Spirit part of the Triune Doctrine as literally shown in the above paragraph.

Can you tell the membership in how it feels in knowing that you are headed to the sulfur lakes of Hell for being so BIBLE STUPID to have committed the UNPARDONABLE SIN to begin with? Huh?  Remember Bible fool, Jesus DID NOT create Hell and not plan on using it for Bible stupid fools like YOU, praise Jesus’ revenge!
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@DavidAZ

DavidAZ, that is as Bible Stupid as Miss Tradesecret for the obvious reasons, and is a copy cat of your MO in posting style because he can't come up with his own style, and where he went to Miss Tradesecrets ungodly school of; "How to run away from disturbing Bible passages and to "try" and remain intelligent looking in the aftermath, and does not like it when one “cherry picks” scripture that exists in the Bible the first place, and that makes him the Bible fool,”

++++++++++++++++++  MODERATORS, WE HAVE ANOTHER CLEAN UP IN ISLE 666 BECAUSE "DAVIDAZ" SOILED HIS PANTS AGAIN BECAUSE WHAT JESUS AND I HAVE BROUGHT FORTH IN SHOWING HIS COMPLETE BIBLE STUPIDITY, HE COULD NOT ADDRESS SAID POSTS, OTHER THAN TO MESS HIS PANTS, RUN AWAY FROM THEM AND HIDE, AND IN USING LITTLE BOY PRE-SCHOOL EXCUSES TO RUN!  ++++++++++++++++++

DAVIDAZ'S PRE-SCHOOL QUOTES TO RUN AWAY FROM MY POSTS IN SHOWING IN HOW BIBLE STUPID HE TRULY IS:  "Ah! The rapid fire of posts.  Only Bro D can do this. Looks like I only responded to one and I won't respond to the rest since they will all say the same thing.  So to answer the rest of your posts on this thread, though this has been enjoyable, I will give one simple answer: Derp. Good day! :)"

As usual, subsequent to me easily Bible Slapping Silly Bible®️ stupid pseudo-christians like DavidAZ, they come up with some of the most embarrassing and comical runaway responses, like DavidAZ has embarrassingly shown us above, as if DavidAZ isn't embarrassed enough in being guilty of the UNPARDONABLE SIN!  LOL!

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

Oh, oh, what do you think happened to the equally Bible stupid DavidAZ to Miss Tradesecret's Bible Duncery®️?

The Bible fool DavidAZ has flew away from his cockoo's nest in total embarrassment, just like Miss Tradesecret has done when we easily show her to be the total and complete Bible fool that she is!  Do you think that DavidAZ is now nowhere to be found in the Religion Forum because Jesus and I have shown him that he has committed the dreadful UNPARDONABLE SIN as shown in my link herewith: https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/9125/posts/384004

Seriously, why do the moderators continue to let these pseudo-christian fools to enter this prestigious forum to begin with in not only to embarrass themselves and Christianity, but this Religion Forum as well?

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

As shown so easily, Miss Tradesecret FAILED AGAIN by bringing forth her equally Bible stupid "DavidAZ" clone because she knew that since this copied character of hers had to unfortunately be as Bible stupid as she is, he couldn't last long to begin with!  LOL!

As seen, DavidAZ is gone, whoosh, no where to be found and is in hiding, just like Miss Tradesecret has to do from time to time because of her embarrassment of being the #1 Bible stupid fool of this Religion Forum. 

We can only wonder in what Miss Tradesecret's next equally Bible stupid clone will be, as it goes against COC rules of this forum?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
As shown so easily, Miss Tradesecret FAILED AGAIN by bringing forth her equally Bible stupid "DavidAZ" clone .

Well as I pointed out above. It didn't take Tradesecret posting as "new member" DavidAZ too long to show his true colours. 

Tradesecret is simply just struggling to be relevant. Look how quick and abruptly he terminated his conversation with ludofl3x . ludofl3x had him on the ropes very quickly (as did I) and he simply couldn't cope.
So instead he preferred to make excuses, tell lies and cause an unnecessary argument/s rather than a civil discussion with a great opponent such as ludofl3x . 

I have said many times , to people with narcissistic personality disorders such as that Tradesecret suffers, the believability of the fantasy and his lies seems to be of no consequence.
All that seems to count is whether the tale helps him rebuild the facade of his greatness. Of prime importance to NPD suffers is their self aggrandizement and the propping up of their fragile egos, not the well being of their fellow men and women. . nor his 300 parishioners' that have to listen to him week in week out nor do those poor university students that he claims to lecture and tutor .

I'm sure moderation will catch up with him sooner rather than later.

Elliott
Elliott
From the theological viewpoint that morality comes from God then the God of the Bible cannot be wicked, for he is supposedly the arbiter of what is good and wicked, therefore whatever he says or does can be deemed by him as good. If for example God was to say murdering people is good, then murdering people would be morally acceptable.
FLRW
FLRW

Is the God of the Bible "good" or "wicked"?  Neither, it is simply a concept made up by humans only slightly more intelligent than bugs.

I know, I know, some of you with AR-15's are going to say :  Allahu Akbar !

14 days later

DavidAZ
DavidAZ
-->
@ludofl3x
You had mentioned about asking about what you believe and I took a lot of thought into that.

A few questions:

1. How did we get here, as in mankind?
2. What do you attribute miracles?  (I.E. healings, answered prayers, medical miracles, etc) 
3. How do you explain NDE's (Near death experiences) and how they are all the same and follow the same route regardless of country and religious belief?

Just curious how you come about these instances without the acknowledgement of a higher or superior being.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@DavidAZ
Glad to answer.

1. How did we get here, as in mankind?
All evidence points to being a product of evolution. I'm presuming this is what you mean by "get here", if I'm wrong, please clarify and I'll be glad to expound. 

2. What do you attribute miracles?  (I.E. healings, answered prayers, medical miracles, etc) 
If we define miracles as something that acts against the laws of nature for the benefit of some individual, then I do not believe in miracles. Otherwise, I think you'd be talking about the extremely improbable but not impossible. As above, feel free to take issue with my definition of miracle, and I'll be glad to discuss. 

3. How do you explain NDE's (Near death experiences) and how they are all the same and follow the same route regardless of country and religious belief?
The NDE experience is attributable to a brain going through severe survival crisis, oxygen deprivation, etc. The reason they're all the same (Are they though? another topic, I guess, as I don't think Aboriginees who have an NDE report seeing Jesus, for example) is because we all have remarkably similar wiring brain wise, plus some cultural memes that would pollute our experiences. Sort of like how most alien abduction stories have many similar notes, most of which are informed by our own science fiction stories, if that makes sense. 

DavidAZ
DavidAZ
-->
@ludofl3x
Interesting.

You answered the "get here" fine.  I think the whole evolution thing is a fool's religion.  It's a lot "believe what I say" parroting.  I know most people don't take all the evolution theory whole heartedly, but I'm amazed that a man of your intellect would lean in that direction.  What part of the evolution thing appeals to you?

What makes you not believe in miracles (your definition is good)?  Take medical miracles for example, I know a guy that was diagnosed with a brain aneurism at the Mayo Hospital.  Multiple doctors saw this and they were going to perform a crucial surgery the next day.  He woke up feeling different and told them that he was fine.  They checked it out and the issue was gone.  Another was a guy I know got his leg ran over on a job site and tore a knee tendon apart.  They went in for surgery and found the tendon completely healed on its own where the day before it was torn.  X-rays showed a small scar where the tendon healed together in the middle of the tendon.

Are these two examples of the improbable or is there another thing happening?  If this were the possible, though not the norm, couldn't we reproduce the results with the technology we have today?

NDE's don't describe Jesus as much as they describe a "being of light" who asks what they thought about their life.   As in being the same, I know they are not exact, but I found this online about it:

"Near-death experiences (NDEs) are reported by about 17% of those who nearly die.1 NDEs have been reported by children, adults, scientists, physicians, priests, ministers, among the religious and atheists, and from countries throughout the world.
While no two NDEs are the same, there are characteristic features that are commonly observed in NDEs. These characteristics include a perception of seeing and hearing apart from the physical body, passing into or through a tunnel, encountering a mystical light, intense and generally positive emotions, a review of part or all of their prior life experiences, encountering deceased loved ones, and a choice to return to their earthly life.2"

These are the same features in every one of them.  Why are there not just as many different experiences as "near-deathers"?  

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@DavidAZ
You answered the "get here" fine.  I think the whole evolution thing is a fool's religion.  It's a lot "believe what I say" parroting.  I know most people don't take all the evolution theory whole heartedly, but I'm amazed that a man of your intellect would lean in that direction.  What part of the evolution thing appeals to you?
It doesn't "appeal" to me, it just makes sense to me, an important distinction. I can't pick what I believe to be true based on its appeal. It's not super appealing to think I'm just another collection of atoms, one that will exist for a quarter of a blink of an eye, will matter to so few, and will disappear and eventually disintegrate back into atoms. It's not comforting to think the people I love who have died have all done that, and all the people I love will do that, and we won't be reunited in some sky mansion. I want that to be true. I'm 47 and I miss my grandma all the time, she's dead 30 years. But I can't make myself believe that when I see what the evidence is. When you examine it, like I said somewhere else, though, and you think about it, it makes our individual existence so much more special. So much more important to me. And not just mine. 

We can witness evolution happening every day, there's a massive amount of evidence for it, and every time I've pointed out that, I run into the 'god of the gaps' argument. I can't imagine, for example, why a god who so badly wants us to believe he's there and he loves us and that sort of stuff, at risk of eternal punishment, would leave so much evidence to the contrary. I'm glad to further the discussion of evolution, but I will freely tell you I'm not an evolutionary biologist, and I'd just be paraphrasing much more learned men than I. To me, the scientific evidence of how mankind came to be, and how individual people come to exist, not only makes more sense and comports with the laws of physics, but it's absolutely moving, more moving than the biblical account because we can see evidence of it. And not anecdotal evidence, like studied evidence. 

What makes you not believe in miracles (your definition is good)?  Take medical miracles for example, I know a guy that was diagnosed with a brain aneurism at the Mayo Hospital.  Multiple doctors saw this and they were going to perform a crucial surgery the next day.  He woke up feeling different and told them that he was fine.  They checked it out and the issue was gone.  Another was a guy I know got his leg ran over on a job site and tore a knee tendon apart.  They went in for surgery and found the tendon completely healed on its own where the day before it was torn.  X-rays showed a small scar where the tendon healed together in the middle of the tendon.

Are these two examples of the improbable or is there another thing happening?  If this were the possible, though not the norm, couldn't we reproduce the results with the technology we have today?
Improbable, that's all. Here's my argument: the human body has a long demonstrated history of healing itself. The brain especially. Perhaps something unusual happened in the brain chemistry (we've seen this). Perhaps the diagnosis was wrong (we've seen these too). What I haven't seen is an entity intervening for this sort of thing, and by opening up this can of worms and saying it was God (just to use a name), then you have suddenly opened the other questions that are harder to answer. Why this person, and not the baby born with cancer, for example, there's a whole list. For my worldview, the answer is "human body doing what human body does" for the former, and for the baby born with cancer, it's just the worst luck anyone can imagine. It's not comforting, I know. But is "God planned for your baby to have cancer and die before they could take their first step, praise his name!" really all that comforting? 

As far as why we can't reproduce these things, and I really wish we could, the answer is that technology gets better every day, but it's still a people problem. We don't have all the knowledge, we don't have star trek tech, but we're working on it. Add to that that while we are all humans, and share 99.9% of our DNA, there are still variations we can't find or understand that might have contributed. 

While no two NDEs are the same, there are characteristic features that are commonly observed in NDEs. These characteristics include a perception of seeing and hearing apart from the physical body, passing into or through a tunnel, encountering a mystical light, intense and generally positive emotions, a review of part or all of their prior life experiences, encountering deceased loved ones, and a choice to return to their earthly life.2"
This is an excellent question! Again, not an expert, but I have thoughts. The brain is REALLY, REALLY trying to find a reason to keep itself alive because survival is the very first (of two) jobs that DNA has. The light stuff, the tunnel stuff, that's all attributable to oxygen deprivation (your brain starts to shut down non-critical functions like eyesight to send the oxygenated blood to things like "HEARTBEAT", for example). The intense positive emotions, the prior life experiences, all of that is the brain trying to find something, anything, to continue fighting for. Many people, for example, report seeing their children just before they wake up. What's more powerful to a person trying to survive than a vision of their children as babies, even when they're grown, when they need you the most? And, if you're working from a Christian framework, do a lot of Christians report heading down an UNPLEASANT path, toward damnation? Honest question. 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@DavidAZ
Sorry, forgot to ask something specific to this. If it's NOT just the improbable, and it's some other explanation, what is that other explanation, do you think? And how would you go about convincing someone that it was such an explanation? Can we test for it? Or are we really just saying "well, this is really weird, and appears impossible, so, guess it's a miracle!"?
DavidAZ
DavidAZ
-->
@ludofl3x
In regards to evolution, I do believe the science that is being used.  So the biology of cell structure and such.  The part I have ought is where they start making leaps of faith that is against the laws of science.  Such as, the first law of thermodynamics is that everything runs into a state of disorder.  To this, the world should become less stable but the evolution process goes against the grain with it.  Another is that any biology textbook will tell you that every living creature comes from another living creature, but again, evolution flies in the face of that rule.  They will make stuff up in regards to erosion and how long it takes.  Here is a question for you: How was the Grand Canyon made? (something close to me since I live in AZ)  If you gave the typical response of "The Colorado River" then I have another law that should stop that.  It is called the law of gravity.  Look up the source of the Colorado River.  It starts at about 2500 ft elevation.  How would it get to the top of the Grand Canyon at near 7000 ft to start the millions year process of erosion?  There is so much wishful thinking when it comes to the evolution process that it is mathematically and scientifically impossible.  But, to each his own I guess.

--------

Honestly, I don't know why God would or would not intervene in anyone's life.  The fella who had a torn knee also had a brother die as a baby from spinal meningitis that was possibly contracted from a vaccine.  In fact, two babies contracted the disease when vaccinated near the same time, one died, the other didn't.  To me, it is a mystery and I wish I knew the answer to this.  It does bug me when I see stuff like this.  It's hard to say if I should expect a healing for everything since I love God, or not expect a healing and be grateful if it does happen.

--------

Makes sense about the NDE, that the brain is ruthless when it comes to staying alive. There are stories of mothers fighting wild animals to save their children and then when they know their child is safe, they will fall over dead from the wounds of the attacker, apparently the will to live and protect is no longer needed and their spirit leaves.  One thing about the NDE's though is that the NDE'er will have a heightened sense of being.  They will think more clear and see more clear than anything.  They also have the ability to see as if they are floating above their bodies.  They are also able to recall what the room looks like, even though they are blind.

To answer your questions about bad NDE's, I looked up a website:

It shows that about 4% will have a "hellish" NDE.  Usually you never hear of them, but they have a few posted.  I personally know a guy, who used to be my best friend, was caught sleeping with another man's woman and had his head crushed with a rock.  While he was out, he said he went to hell and saw his grandparents telling him to go back from where he came and then demons were reaching for him and grabbing him, pulling him down.  He woke up on the operating table in a terrified frenzy, punching and pushing nurses and doctors until he was subdued.  

DavidAZ
DavidAZ
-->
@ludofl3x
Sorry, forgot to ask something specific to this. If it's NOT just the improbable, and it's some other explanation, what is that other explanation, do you think? And how would you go about convincing someone that it was such an explanation? Can we test for it? Or are we really just saying "well, this is really weird, and appears impossible, so, guess it's a miracle!"?
I suppose it's easy to say "Must be God" when we don't know the answer.  It's hard to get scientific data about something that can't be predicted or reproduced.  I would love some data or stats on stuff like this.  Though I know it wouldn't convince the masses, I think it would still be cool.
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen
@DavidAZ

TO THE MEMBERSHIP, LOOK WHOS BACK, THE BIBLE STUPID RUNAWAY FOOL, DAVIDAZ!!!

You just don’t learn, whereas you had the opportunity not to re-enter your embarrassing thread again where you were easily made the outright Bible fool, but what do you do?  You come back to be made the further Bible Stupid fool!  Why?  Didn’t you have enough egg upon your face the last time where you had to RUN AWAY from your thread entitled: “Is Jesus as God good or wicked” because your comical refutations to the members post to you were unbiblical and child-like!  LOL!

We see that it took you TWO WEEKS to lick your wounds from being Bible Slapped Silly®️ by myself and others, only to return for more!  Now, you have some catching up to do with my following links shown below that you RAN AWAY from just like your master Miss Tradesecret does all the time!

https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/9125/posts/383972

https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/9125/posts/383973

https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/9125/posts/383976

https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/9125/posts/383977

https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/9125/posts/383979

https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/9125/posts/383980

This is your thread, you created it, and yet you RAN AWAY from it in not addressing the above links of mine alone, therefore, how embarrassing can you get in front of the membership equal to Miss Tradesecrets embarrassment when she has to RUN AWAY as well?  

Once you “try” and address the above links, and without coming up with some more "sophomoric little boy excuses AGAIN," then we will address THE FACT that you committed the dreadful UNPARDONABLE SIN, where your presence now in this forum is all for naught and meaningless to say the least, understood Bible fool? Yeah, you do.

NEXT PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN THAT IS TOTALLY BIBLE STUPID LIKE “DAVIDAZ” THAT HAD TO RUN AWAY FROM HIS OWN THREAD BECAUSE HE WAS MADE THE BIBLE FOOL, WILL BE …?

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

Look who is back to be made the continued Bible fool again, yes, DAVIDAZ!  He had to RUN AWAY from his own thread because you and I, and others, easily made him the totally inept Bible Dunce®️, just like we do with Miss Tradesecret!

It's so laughable that he tried to “sneak in” to his thread again, as if we weren’t going to call him out on him not addressing posts to him that he left behind as he went into hiding in being so scared, just like Miss Tradesecret has had to do over the years.  Reminds me of Miss Tradesecret’s MO, hmmmmm, why is that?.

We can only wonder in what “little boy lame excuses” DavidAZ will use this time to not address posts in his own thread after he RAN AWAY from them and went into hiding for TWO WEEKS?  LOL!
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@DavidAZ
In regards to evolution, I do believe the science that is being used.  So the biology of cell structure and such.  The part I have ought is where they start making leaps of faith that is against the laws of science.  Such as, the first law of thermodynamics is that everything runs into a state of disorder.  To this, the world should become less stable but the evolution process goes against the grain with it. 
I'm curious what you mean that the process of evolution somehow goes against the first law of thermodynamics. New life forms continue to pop up, to be discovered, to confound science. I would think tending toward order rather than chaos would look more like the number of life forms DEcreasing rather than INcreasing. But that's not what happens. It's also important to note that we have a tendency as humans to look at everything in our own time scale (this shortcoming is a byproduct of our own evolution, actually!), so what might look orderly to us for a couple of thousand years might be just a blip on the cosmic calendar, you know? 

nother is that any biology textbook will tell you that every living creature comes from another living creature, but again, evolution flies in the face of that rule. 
Evolution doesn't address this at all, actually. You're talking about the origin of life itself here, not the speciation of living things. And this is called the black swan fallacy: just because we've never seen it happen, it can't happen. I agree, all living things we know of today seem to come from parents, so I can see how this conclusion can be reached very easily. But then I'd point out that it only takes ONE TIME for life to arise from non-life for that to no longer be true. For this, I would point out the Urey Miller experiments. Is it perfect, does it definitively prove abiogensis? Not as much as it created a fully formed living thing we can talk to, but, it did take elements that were present at the time of earth's coalescence, it did simulate the environment of that time in the presence of these elements, and it did show that amino acids (the building blocks of life) started to form. It's not really possible for us to conclusively prove what happened, because it happened over hundreds of millions of years. 

How was the Grand Canyon made? (something close to me since I live in AZ)  If you gave the typical response of "The Colorado River" then I have another law that should stop that.  It is called the law of gravity.  Look up the source of the Colorado River.  It starts at about 2500 ft elevation.  How would it get to the top of the Grand Canyon at near 7000 ft to start the millions year process of erosion?  There is so much wishful thinking when it comes to the evolution process that it is mathematically and scientifically impossible.  But, to each his own I guess.
What's this have to do with evolution? I'm not a huge geology guy, but I would imagine some research might reveal things like glaciers that aren't there anymore, I don't know, never looked into it. I don't know why this is here, but it definitely doesn't touch on any evolutionary topic. I'm curious about what you think is "wishful" about it, though. What is it "wishing" to do?

Honestly, I don't know why God would or would not intervene in anyone's life.  The fella who had a torn knee also had a brother die as a baby from spinal meningitis that was possibly contracted from a vaccine.  In fact, two babies contracted the disease when vaccinated near the same time, one died, the other didn't.  To me, it is a mystery and I wish I knew the answer to this.  It does bug me when I see stuff like this.  It's hard to say if I should expect a healing for everything since I love God, or not expect a healing and be grateful if it does happen.
This is the question of intercessory prayer and what it's good for, but another topic for another time :). I'm mainly curious about how believers square all this without recognizing how closely this all resembles a coping mechanism and an abusive relationship all at the same time. I know that sounds like I'm being condescending, but I promise you having had several very close encounters with this mechanism, I am not. I admired when my aunt and uncle kept their faith after their eldest son drowned, but I couldn't understand it either. 

I suppose it's easy to say "Must be God" when we don't know the answer. 
I find this is pretty common. Really I think the key difference between a believer and a non believer is that a non believer simply stops at "we don't know the answer," where the believer appends "So it's probably [diety]." 
DavidAZ
DavidAZ
-->
@ludofl3x
I'm curious what you mean that the process of evolution somehow goes against the first law of thermodynamics. New life forms continue to pop up, to be discovered, to confound science. I would think tending toward order rather than chaos would look more like the number of life forms DEcreasing rather than INcreasing. But that's not what happens. It's also important to note that we have a tendency as humans to look at everything in our own time scale (this shortcoming is a byproduct of our own evolution, actually!), so what might look orderly to us for a couple of thousand years might be just a blip on the cosmic calendar, you know? 
By saying they are discovered doesn't mean that they just evolved.  We haven't found every animal there is non Earth and new species are showing up all the time.  Within a "kind" of animal, there will always be new ones showing up, but it will only be within that kind.  Such as dogs, they will come out with new breeds of dog, but never a new breed of dog/cat mix.  They can't reproduce within their kind to each other.  I know that a cat and a rabbit can produce a "cabbit" or a donkey and horse will produce a mule, but those off spring cannot reproduce themselves.  The gene pool is too mixed up at that point.  

With the whole idea of the law of thermodynamics, cells will deteriorate, die off, need to reproduce itself, etc.  We, as living things, are constantly dying.  Other non-living things are constantly decomposing.  At what point does a non-living, non-thinking item turn against the dying and decomposition and decide that it will become greater or more than what it is?  Something has to be programmed into a body to know what to do with waste and then know how to reproduce itself to keep the whole body alive.  I know time can do anything in an evolution theory, but can time even create life out of nothing?

Speaking of time, there are a lot of measurable things that can help us determine the age of the Earth.  All these actually point to a world that is about 12K to 6K years old, depending on the variables.  Take these same measurables and run them out even 100K years and the world doesn't exist.  I'd have to dig these up.

BTW, I'm not sure if you ever looked into this, but the "Gods" of evolution are time and earth.  It is steeped in Greek mythology with Father Time (Chronos) and Mother Earth (Gaia).  Maybe a coincidence, but I thought it was interesting.

But then I'd point out that it only takes ONE TIME for life to arise from non-life for that to no longer be true.
I would agree except we know living things are dependent upon a system of other things.  For example, if an single celled organism were to be "created" then where is it's food or energy?  Is the environment habitable?  Does it have another to reproduce with?  Even within a single cell, there are multiple items that have to be within it to make it function.  ALL those items are needed for this thing to survive.  So, we either have the impossible happening (life created from nothing) and having it to happen millions of times (I'm assuming) in order for this one living cell to survive and reproduce again to create the life we know now.  If it happens so freely, then we should be able to see it happen over and over again today and it should be observable.

I would point out the Urey Miller experiments
Neat experiment to say the least, but same concept as above.  You can create the amino acids, but what about the rest?  Can that same spark source put those acids in order?  Were the conditions right for life to begin in the first place?  There are a TON of variables for this to happen.  I tried to look up the mathematical chances of this happening to to turn into "life", but came up with nothing on google. (I didn't look very hard) 

What's this have to do with evolution? I'm not a huge geology guy, but I would imagine some research might reveal things like glaciers that aren't there anymore, I don't know, never looked into it. I don't know why this is here, but it definitely doesn't touch on any evolutionary topic. I'm curious about what you think is "wishful" about it, though. What is it "wishing" to do?
I agree this was out of context, but my point was that evolutionists will state whatever they wanted to prove a point regardless of the facts.  They are trying to sham the population.  I understand that there are plenty of religious scam artists, so I am not saying that all evolutionists are evil and all religious people are good.  Far from it.  I think most people are a lot like me, trying to find their way and will follow what sounds good to them and there a plenty of bad people in all walks of life and in every social crust.

To answer the question, there seems to be a large lake (now dry) to the north of the canyon.  More than likely glacial melt, snow cover and a earthen dam broke flooding the canyon tearing thru it.  Therefore, a lot of water over a short time.

The whole wishful thinking is trying to pull the slight of hand hoping that others won't see.  I.E. "Grand canyon is formed by a river almost a mile below the surface.  This can help prove our millions of years theory and hope nobody notices that the elevation difference since we see it as it is now."  In fact, I googled this and it still says the Colorado carved it out.

This is the question of intercessory prayer and what it's good for, but another topic for another time :). I'm mainly curious about how believers square all this without recognizing how closely this all resembles a coping mechanism and an abusive relationship all at the same time. I know that sounds like I'm being condescending, but I promise you having had several very close encounters with this mechanism, I am not. I admired when my aunt and uncle kept their faith after their eldest son drowned, but I couldn't understand it either. 
It's a mystery to me and one that does frustrate me.  I wish there was more clarity to all this stuff.  I went to church last night (as I go 4 times a week) and the message specifically was about the power of God able to do great things.  It made me wonder how much does God get involved in our lives.  I mean, God is ever present in a time of need, but not present when we feel He is needed the most?  Don't get me wrong, I have had God directly answer prayers that I have said out of frustration (meaning, not being sincere) within seconds.  I know he exists and the proof is too insurmountable to me.  My issue is making this all make sense in my mind and with my life.

The salvation message is clear.  The "how to" on being a Christian is also very clear, but when it comes to knowing the mind of God and the "why's" of it all, it remains a mystery.  I am a "why" kind of person and it makes me pull my hair when I can't figure out the intentions of a person.

Funny you bring up the intercessory prayer.  I have always heard of stories of people being woke up in the middle of the night saying that they felt a need to pray for someone.  I have always thought that odd since the same God that would wake you up with a friend or loved one on your mind would be the same God to help the one suffering.  Why doesn't God just the help the person in need and let me sleep?  I rationalized that it is not God waking anyone up, but rather a sixth sense built into all of us that when a loved one is suffering, we feel it too.  Just like the premonitions that someone has died, they can feel the emotional or spiritual pull on their hearts/minds.

I find this is pretty common. Really I think the key difference between a believer and a non believer is that a non believer simply stops at "we don't know the answer," where the believer appends "So it's probably [diety]."
I actually enjoy investigating something I don't know and I'm not afraid to question it.  When I ask questions, I get answers! :) I refuse to just say "oh, it's the way God made it." and even if God did make it that way, then why.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@DavidAZ
By saying they are discovered doesn't mean that they just evolved.  We haven't found every animal there is non Earth and new species are showing up all the time.  Within a "kind" of animal, there will always be new ones showing up, but it will only be within that kind.  Such as dogs, they will come out with new breeds of dog, but never a new breed of dog/cat mix.  They can't reproduce within their kind to each other.  I know that a cat and a rabbit can produce a "cabbit" or a donkey and horse will produce a mule, but those off spring cannot reproduce themselves.  
This view seems a function of a lack of perspective on how much time you're talking about. No, we haven't witnessed it, nor should we expect to, this kind to kind evolution, in our lifetimes, because those kinds of changes take, at minimum, tens of thousands of years. I get that this is a frustration with evolutionary theory and a lot of people will use to say "well, it's not true then, since I have never seen two deer produce a turtle as offspring." It's like taking a circle and turning it into a square: we want it to be noticeable, to be done in a short amount of time, but evolution takes 100,000 tiny little adjustments to do it. 

I know time can do anything in an evolution theory, but can time even create life out of nothing?

Time doesn't "do" anything in evolutionary theory. It's simply a span between two things. Can life arise from non-life, then, seems to be the question. My answer is yes, because we're here, and everything we need to be here (elements and time) we can demonstrate as extant. I think you believe life must arise from non life too...if you believe the genesis creation account, right? In that context, you find it completely reasonable that it happened, in spite of having one more mystery in the mix now. 

If it happens so freely, then we should be able to see it happen over and over again today and it should be observable.
We do see this happen over and over again today. Ever heard of Covid 19? :) And its subsequent variants? All of that is demonstrable and observable evolution.  And if Covid 19 is a political football for you, it can apply to every virus, the flu, the common cold, all of them are alive. 

You can create the amino acids, but what about the rest?  Can that same spark source put those acids in order?  Were the conditions right for life to begin in the first place?  There are a TON of variables for this to happen. 
Again, no one expected life to arise in the span of 10 or 50 or 500 years. The point is if you extrapolate that the scientifically agreed upon building blocks of life, amino acids, can synthesize spontaneously and randomly, and you have 3.5 billion years for them to do so, then it's not unreasonable to believe that these could synthesize into some sort of sequence that is driven to survive and reproduce. Once you have those two drives, you have what is essential for life. The math of it certainly does make it improbable! But improbable and impossible are rather far apart. 
They are trying to sham the population
You're an interesting sort, David. Here, 'they' refers to 'evolutionists.' First, I don't think that's a term that people who accept evolutionary science would call themselves, it sounds more like a pejorative, but maybe you didn't mean it that way, so benefit of the doubt there. But WHY would they want to sham the public? What's to gain? For whose agenda? It's a strange claim, one I've heard before but no one ever really explains. Like who benefits from the 'scam' that the Colorado River DIDN'T actually make the Grand Canyon, but something else did? Is it the Colorado River Lobby covering up the real cause? What would be the point of such a cover up, in either case?

The salvation message is clear.  The "how to" on being a Christian is also very clear, but when it comes to knowing the mind of God and the "why's" of it all, it remains a mystery.  I am a "why" kind of person and it makes me pull my hair when I can't figure out the intentions of a person.
Sounds familiar. You're going to get "mysterious are his ways" sorts of answers as to why, or "it's not our place to question." If that's the case then he should have written a less curious code into us, I say. I respect that you're a person of devout faith for sure, but more that you're willing to admit the frustrations and questions you have. I completely understand, personally, the drive to have some grand explanation, a comfort that we can fall back on in times of real despair, or an explanation for things we can't understand. 

Why doesn't God just the help the person in need and let me sleep?
Excellent question, and gets to the heart of the utility of intercessory prayer (or any prayer at all). 
DavidAZ
DavidAZ
-->
@ludofl3x
This view seems a function of a lack of perspective on how much time you're talking about. No, we haven't witnessed it, nor should we expect to, this kind to kind evolution, in our lifetimes, because those kinds of changes take, at minimum, tens of thousands of years. I get that this is a frustration with evolutionary theory and a lot of people will use to say "well, it's not true then, since I have never seen two deer produce a turtle as offspring." It's like taking a circle and turning it into a square: we want it to be noticeable, to be done in a short amount of time, but evolution takes 100,000 tiny little adjustments to do it. 
This sounds good in theory, but again, there will need to be proof or at least some sort of experiment that can support that claim.  Since none of us can live past 120 years max, it would be an easy claim to say that it would take too long for us to see and neither you or I can prove or disprove it.

Time doesn't "do" anything in evolutionary theory. It's simply a span between two things. Can life arise from non-life, then, seems to be the question. My answer is yes, because we're here, and everything we need to be here (elements and time) we can demonstrate as extant. I think you believe life must arise from non life too...if you believe the genesis creation account, right? In that context, you find it completely reasonable that it happened, in spite of having one more mystery in the mix now. 
The highlighted above is an interesting concept for a paradigm view in any situation.  That "we are here" is an obvious fact, but the "how" is the question.  So because I believe in God, it must mean he created it (hard to prove and hard to imagine) and since you believe in evolution, it must mean that life did arise from non-life (hard to prove and hard to imagine).  But to clarify, God is alive so anything made from him would come from life, correct?

As to creation, we do have examples of things having to be created together.  Something like a bee.  It's needs are directly related to the types of bees in a hive.  Without the workers, the queen doesn't exist, without the queen the workers don't exist.  Also, the food source for these creatures would have to evolve at the same time that these different bees evolved, and find each other.  Mathematically, it can't happen.

We do see this happen over and over again today. Ever heard of Covid 19? :) And its subsequent variants? All of that is demonstrable and observable evolution.  And if Covid 19 is a political football for you, it can apply to every virus, the flu, the common cold, all of them are alive. 
I'm not sure if the political football is if it was created in a lab or not, but COVID 19 and all it's variants did come from the variants before it.  Please correct me if I'm wrong, but a virus doesn't just pop out of thin air, does it?  

You're an interesting sort, David. Here, 'they' refers to 'evolutionists.' First, I don't think that's a term that people who accept evolutionary science would call themselves, it sounds more like a pejorative, but maybe you didn't mean it that way, so benefit of the doubt there. But WHY would they want to sham the public? What's to gain? For whose agenda? It's a strange claim, one I've heard before but no one ever really explains. Like who benefits from the 'scam' that the Colorado River DIDN'T actually make the Grand Canyon, but something else did? Is it the Colorado River Lobby covering up the real cause? LOL! What would be the point of such a cover up, in either case?
I agree that the term is all inclusive and I didn't mean it that way.  More to the leaders of the evolution movement.

As to the why, there could be as many reasons as humans have intentions, BUT my personal thought on it is that it is done on purpose to push the whole "no-God" agenda.  If you can prove there is no God, then you can make up whatever rules you want.  Without an absolute (God, Bible, etc), then anything that is wanted to be done can be done by reasoning of man. I.E. When people like me are in the way of progress, who's to say that a "humane way of getting rid of them" would not be okay?  There is no God, so no absolute morals or any punishment or reward at the end to pay for the "evil" or "good" life.  No such thing as a conscience or a soul, just a matter of electronic connections and chemical compounds.  Meh, what's the matter with a little snuffing out of those chemicals?  It's not a soul right?  It's just some tissue. 

Conspiracy, I know, but I don't think I'm too far off.  And we have heard of this type of genocide played out in WW2.

I use the whole Grand Canyon thing as an obvious example, not that the Grand Canyon or Colorado River itself is so important.

Sounds familiar. You're going to get "mysterious are his ways" sorts of answers as to why, or "it's not our place to question." If that's the case then he should have written a less curious code into us, I say. I respect that you're a person of devout faith for sure, but more that you're willing to admit the frustrations and questions you have. I completely understand, personally, the drive to have some grand explanation, a comfort that we can fall back on in times of real despair, or an explanation for things we can't understand. 
Excellent question, and gets to the heart of the utility of intercessory prayer (or any prayer at all).
Prayer to me is an odd thing.  I think it is more complex than many make it sound.  If God knows our hearts, minds and situation and will know our needs, if he loves us and cares for us, why do we come to him asking for the things we need? I feed my own children without them telling me that they are hungry.  I clothe them without them telling me "Daddy, I'm naked.  Can I have some clothes?".  I don't even have to read their mind.

What is it that I must make a petition before God for him to bend his ear to me?

I suppose I'm asking the wrong guy these questions, but just thoughts bouncing in my wee brain.

Anyways, great conversation again!
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@DavidAZ

DavidAZ, that is as Bible Stupid as Miss Tradesecret for the obvious reasons, and is a copy cat of your MO in posting style because he can't come up with his own style, and where he went to Miss Tradesecrets ungodly school of; "How to run away from disturbing Bible passages and to try"and remain intelligent looking in the aftermath," and does not like it when one “cherry picks” scripture that exists in the Bible in the first place, and that makes him the Bible fool,” and now has to remain silent to my posts to him to save himself from further embarrassment if he tried to address them,

Oh, oh, as we can readily see, DavidAZ  is following his master of equal Bible stupidity as his, Miss Tradesecret, in being silent in not addressing his Bible stupidity in my post to him as follows: https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/9125/posts/387814

Therefore, in showing how Bible inept DavidAZ truly is, Jesus and I will do it without him responding to my biblical axioms, whereas he couldn't address them in the first place, as shown ad infinitum within his own thread herewith!

As shown in DavidAZ's recent posts, Jesus' inspired words and I are going to be real busy in correcting his Bible Duncery®️!

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@DavidAZ
So because I believe in God, it must mean he created it (hard to prove and hard to imagine) and since you believe in evolution, it must mean that life did arise from non-life (hard to prove and hard to imagine).  But to clarify, God is alive so anything made from him would come from life, correct?
Wouldn't life have to come from non-life in either case? If all of life comes from life and can only come from life, and God is alive...where did he come from? This is what I'm saying when I mean you're only adding one more mystery, not any clarification. If the answer is "well God didn't come from life, he IS life," or something along those lines, then some form of life (God) had to come from non-life (whatever made God). This is a problem, wouldn't you agree?

As to creation, we do have examples of things having to be created together.  Something like a bee.  It's needs are directly related to the types of bees in a hive.  Without the workers, the queen doesn't exist, without the queen the workers don't exist.  Also, the food source for these creatures would have to evolve at the same time that these different bees evolved, and find each other.  Mathematically, it can't happen.
This is one of those problems where our shared inability to imagine the amount of time in question inhibits us from understanding possible versus probable. I'm not sure I understand what your objection is here, is it that whatever bees eat would have had to be here before bees? Can you explain your mathematical comment?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but a virus doesn't just pop out of thin air, does it?  
No, it doesn't, but my point is you can witness evolution today very easily. Covid's variants are all examples of it: a living thing (virus) changing in response to environment (hostile reproductive environment post-vaccine). The delta variant, for example, was resistant to the vaccine, and was more fit to reproduce, so it became the dominant strain, until we fought that off, etc. etc., then a more resistant strain came and we figure that out, etc. etc. That's just evolution in real time. I know it doesn't mean that a virus in two generations is going to become a koala bear, but that's still the textbook definition of evolution. 

As to the why, there could be as many reasons as humans have intentions, BUT my personal thought on it is that it is done on purpose to push the whole "no-God" agenda.  If you can prove there is no God, then you can make up whatever rules you want.  Without an absolute (God, Bible, etc), then anything that is wanted to be done can be done by reasoning of man. I.E. When people like me are in the way of progress, who's to say that a "humane way of getting rid of them" would not be okay?  There is no God, so no absolute morals or any punishment or reward at the end to pay for the "evil" or "good" life.  No such thing as a conscience or a soul, just a matter of electronic connections and chemical compounds.  Meh, what's the matter with a little snuffing out of those chemicals?  It's not a soul right?  It's just some tissue. 
Do you really think that? First of all, if there's "no-God" agenda, whoever's pushing it is doing a piss poor job considering the percentage of people on earth who believe in some god or another (above 90%)! And I don't think anyone who thinks like me, that there's no god watching us, thinks that human life is value-less. I think this is a bit of a boogey man image, a straw man. I've never talked to an atheist who thought "Once we get rid of the Ten Commandments in schools that are used by the entire public and not just Christians, THEN we can finally enact our eugenics program!" Me, I think once we get rid of the ten commandments, then the muslims and hindi kids that go to my kids' public school will feel like they're on a little more even footing. That's the limit of my evil, I guess. Can I ask about this bolded bit though?

Are you saying that if you found out that there was no God, you'd immediately start just committing crimes, killing people you didn't like, stealing, and basically just being a menace to society? I don't think that's true, that's not the impression I get. It's not a soul that keeps me from doing it, or promise of reward, or fear of punishment, can't I just not kill someone because human life is valuable, as that person gets just the one, like me?