The transgenderism debate

Author: YouFound_Lxam

Total: 673
Kaitlyn
Debates: 0
Kaitlyn
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
So if I said women shouldn’t have the right to vote I’m still being respectful to women as long as I respect their wishes.
Yes, you are respecting women. You could say that, specifically, you are not respecting women in regards to voting, but you'd still be respecting women because you fulfilled one of the "or" conditions (i.e. rights). That's consistent with the definition of "respect" that I gave.
[Dropped by IWantRooseveltAgain]

Maybe the definition meant you needed to respect all three but not all at the same time but each one as they become known.
1) Show us a definition of "or" consistent with your implication

2) Show us that definition of "respect" was meant with your usage of "or"

If you can't do both, then you don't have an argument.
[Dropped by IWantRooseveltAgain]
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Kaitlyn
Your argument is too stupid to debate.

To think that “or” means you can choose one but not the others is ridiculous.

DoubleR already expanded on my point thoroughly and completely defeated your silly argument. But thanks for circling back so I could have the opportunity to tell you again you are a dummy.

The "or" in this sentence denotes that there are different ways you can respect someone. In certain contexts we have limited interactions with each other. A police officer for example who pulls someone over for speeding respects them by respecting their rights. Their wishes and/or feelings are irrelevant in that context.
You are trying to cherry pick which part of the definition you're going to regard, and then pretend that meets the definition. That's ridiculous. Respect unlike many other things is all encompassing. You can't respect me in one sense and disrespect me in another, the say you treated me with respect. That's not how the word works.
Moreover, you aren't even meeting the definition in *any* of the three senses your own definition lists. You clearly don't respect the trans community's wishes. You don't respect their rights by claiming that their mentally ill status warrants them being treated like children or schizophrenics, and you don't respect their feelings arguing over and over again that their feelings are out of touch with reality”

Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Maybe the definition meant you needed to respect all three but not all at the same time but each one as they become known.
1) Show us a definition of "or" consistent with your implication

2) Show us that definition of "respect" was meant with your usage of "or"

If you can't do both, then you don't have an argument.
[Still dropped by IWantRooseveltAgain]

To think that “or” means you can choose one but not the others is ridiculous.
The word is "or", not "and/or" or "and".

Normal people don't feel it's ridiculous to use a word correctly.

In certain contexts we have limited interactions with each other. A police officer for example who pulls someone over for speeding respects them by respecting their rights. Their wishes and/or feelings are irrelevant in that context.

You are trying to cherry pick which part of the definition you're going to regard
You complain about cherry picking part of the definition, right after you cherry pick part of the definition.

Comedy gold xD

Respect unlike many other things is all encompassing.
Yeah, just like in your police officer example, wherein you said we can ignore the wishes and feelings part of respect.

Oh wait...
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Kaitlyn
Fanchick still trying to sniff your laundry?
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Hey loser, I’ve been married for 29 years with two kids.

You on the other hand lived with your mother until she passed and never kissed a girl.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
Hey loser, I’ve been married for 29 years with two kids.
and this is how you choose to spend your retirement?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
His boyfriend probably cheats on him so he takes it out on the internet.

Stepkids prolly abuse him too.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
I’m 57. Not retired. 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
His boyfriend cheats on him so he takes it out on the internet.
You are an unmarried, middle aged substitute teacher loser, so you probably (or prolly as you spell it) shouldn’t try to use being gay as a slur. Most gay people are doing better than you both professionally and in their personal lives.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
So you're gay. That's good to know. Explains alot.

Also, grats on being a successful gay.
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn
-->
@Greyparrot
@IwantRooseveltagain
That's all I used to have to worry about, but it looks like fanchick does a little more than sniff nowadays.

I might have to buy new clothes...
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Kaitlyn
Your insistence on "respect" being solely about "wishes" got blown out by the word "or".
That was never my argument and if you were arguing in good faith you would know that.

This is one way to tell when someone is losing the argument, I already broke down why the word "or" fits into the definition and gave you a clear example to show why my point stands. You ignored all of that just to repeat the same argument as if I hadn't already refuted it.

Again, imagine I treat your wishes with regard while disregarding your rights. Can I walk away from that situation saying that I treated you respectfully? According to you I can, which is ridiculous.

Transgender people should be allowed to vote. Transgender people should be allowed to defend themselves before a court of law, if prosecuted for a crime. 

That's respect for their rights.
So as long as I can cherry pick a few rights to allow you the privilege of enjoying, I can take away any other right I want and still claim I'm respecting your rights. Is that correct?

I've already demonstrated that their feelings of 'being in the wrong biological sex body' doesn't fit the science, so this is an established fact that you didn't push back against at all (wisely so, imo).
I don't recall where or how you made this point, but I probably wouldn't have responded to it because it's absurd. Science does not address feelings, and gender dysphoria is not about disputable biological facts. You are woefully ignorant on what this conversation is even about, which by this point you have no excuse to be.

This stance you have on enabling mental illness doesn't make you a good person at all.
How amusing it is to watch someone repackage their bigotry as selfless virtue, while pretending everyone else is terrible.

So, again, it makes no sense to have respect for things you don't even know. So, your universal principle of 'respect other people's wishes' fails to make sense.
Do you ever leave your mom's basement?

I'm being a bit tounge and check here, but in all seriousness, if 'treat other people how they wish to be treated' is something you just cannot make sense of that suggests to me that you really have no grasp of basic human nature and social skills.

We treat others how they wish to be treated by learning how they wish to be treated. You can just ask them, but in any event it takes some work and getting to know people. There is a reason we don't act the same way around someone we just met as opposed to someone we've known for years, we don't yet know what offends them or what they're into. Once we learn we adjust accordingly out of respect.

This is really basic stuff. Why on earth do I need to sit here and explain this to you?

I said you were enabling transgender people to self-harm themselves.

It's staggering that you don't think this is an important point.
I don't think it's important because it's just plain stupid. Literally the only thing I've suggested we should all do is acknowledge them for who they identify as. That's it. That's not enabling them to self harm.

The solution to the California wild fires is not to put them out. The solution is to respect their wishes to burn.
Concession noted

My argument should be preferred. 
This isn't a formal debate. If I were arguing for points I would engage and spend hours upon hours with you going through these studies line by line to show you why you don't know what you're talking about. I'm just not interested and wouldn't have the time of I was. I'm just not as obsessed with this topic as you are.

The trans community is very appreciative I'm sure for all the hard work you're putting in to help them out of the goodness of your heart.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
So you're gay. That's good to know. Explains alot.
So not only are you a lonely middle aged loser with a shitty job, you are also homophobic. What a surprise.

And a lot is two words, dummy

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Kaitlyn
because your ass keeps getting bigger and bigger?

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
 grats on being a successful gay.
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
That's all I used to have to worry about, but it looks like fanchick does a little more than sniff nowadays.

because your ass keeps getting bigger and bigger?
Someone can't read between the lines lol. Maybe work on that instead of going through women's laundry baskets.

Also, I've actually lost a tiny bit of weight (back into the 130s lbs), so you're completely wrong on that, too.
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn
-->
@Double_R

It makes no sense to have respect for things you don't even know.
You know what the trans community is asking you for.
No, no. That's not what you argued.

You argued that we should respect people's wishes.

That argument isn't limited to transgender people who we already know we want to transition. That argument extends to *all* people and *all* wishes.

So, again, it makes no sense to have respect for things you don't even know. So, your universal principle of 'respect other people's wishes' fails to make sense.
[Dropped by Double_R]
You've effectively conceded that we shouldn't have respect for people's wishes that we don't know, so your universal principle of 'respect other people's wishes' is rendered false.

Your insistence on "respect" being solely about "wishes" got blown out by the word "or".
That was never my argument
It was your argument at least a couple times (found with a quick search of the previous page -- there's probably many more):

"You claim you are actually advocating for respectful treatment and that we just disagree on what that looks like, yet not only is treating others how they wish to be treated literally the most basic form of respect that there is, but you admittedly have not even a proposal for how we help them solve the problem you claim to have identified. Just ignore their wishes, that's literally all you got. That's by definition, the opposite of respect."  - Double_R The transgenderism debate (debateart.com) 

"Again, the most basic element of respect is to have regard for their wishes." - Double_R The transgenderism debate (debateart.com) 

Therefore, your insistence on "respect" being solely about "wishes" got blown out by the word "or" from my definition of respect: "due regard for the feelings, wishes, or rights of others".

And you even you seem to agree with this because you're now starting to refer to other aspects of respect. I'm glad I educated you enough to make better arguments.

You don't respect their rights by claiming that their mentally ill status warrants them being treated like children or schizophrenics,
Transgender people should be allowed to vote. Transgender people should be allowed to defend themselves before a court of law, if prosecuted for a crime. 

That's respect for their rights.
So as long as I can cherry pick a few rights to allow you the privilege of enjoying, I can take away any other right I want and still claim I'm respecting your rights. Is that correct?
I've rebuilt the context you deleted to show that you originally claimed that I don't respect their (transgender people's) rights.

I then gave an example of me respecting their rights.

You then claim I cherry picked a few rights.

You need to stop being so liberal with deleting previous contextual comments because you're not keeping track of what you're arguing.

I've already demonstrated that their feelings of 'being in the wrong biological sex body' doesn't fit the science, so this is an established fact that you didn't push back against at all (wisely so, imo).
I don't recall where or how you made this point, but I probably wouldn't have responded to it because it's absurd. Science does not address feelings, and gender dysphoria is not about disputable biological facts. You are woefully ignorant on what this conversation is even about, which by this point you have no excuse to be.
You're not being reasonable when you claim a researched, scientific point I've made is absurd, despite you not recalling the point. Most reasonable people make conclusions *after* they've seen the evidence.

I made this point here: The transgenderism debate (debateart.com) (particular under the subheadings about surgery and brains).

Again, I acknowledge that transgender people are feeling those feelings, but those feelings are not based on reality. It's the same as dreamers who experience feelings based on non-reality. Do we need to respect people who claim they can fly because they did so in a dream? If I point out that dreams aren't real, am I being disrespectful? 

Don't start with this virtue-signaling nonsense.

You're quite a toxic person for enabling mentally ill people to harm themselves with irreversible gender reassignment surgery and self-described gender identities that don't fit reality at all.

You're the type of person to hand a suicidal person a gun as you say, 'I respect your wish for you to kill yourself', without even considering if they're mentally ill, if they've thought it through, if they're having a panic attack etc.

This stance you have on enabling mental illness doesn't make you a good person at all.
How amusing it is to watch someone repackage their bigotry as selfless virtue, while pretending everyone else is terrible.
Explain to us how preventing a suicidal person from getting hold a gun to blow themselves away is "bigotry".

You can't.

You, on the other hand, enable all kinds of pathologies with your virtue-signaling nonsense. Your kind who allows overweight and obese people to stay that way because 'healthy at any weight'. Your kind allows all kinds of sexual orientations that make no sense to be mainstream, so that young adults are utterly confused about who they are and have dysfunctional relationships. Your kind goes up to a suicidal teen, overwhelmed because she can't get into the college she wanted, hands her a gun and says, 'I respect your wish for you to kill yourself,' all with a big smile on your face.

You do all this to look virtuous in front of your friends.

So, when you attack others with labels of "bigotry", it's just a label you use to look virtuous in front of your friends.

Your word is as empty as your argument.

Do you ever leave your mom's basement?

I'm being a bit tounge and check here
That's actually really funny.

Please be "a bit tounge and check" more often.

I said you were enabling transgender people to self-harm themselves.

It's staggering that you don't think this is an important point.
I don't think it's important because it's just plain stupid. Literally the only thing I've suggested we should all do is acknowledge them for who they identify as. That's it. That's not enabling them to self harm.
What do you think transgender reassignment surgery involves, buddy? Do you think fairies sprinkle fairy just over people and they become the opposite gender?

Or do you think that knives cut people open in irreversible ways for reasons that aren't backed by science? Most 'transgender' teenagers aren't transgender and simply grow out of it by adulthood Transgenderism: It's time to state the obvious - Washington Times . Transgender suicide rates remain virtually the same *after* surgery.

This reassignment surgery is what you've argued for several times, so don't make your argument to be 'acknowledge them for who they identify as' when you're doing A LOT more (harm) than that.

The solution to the California wild fires is not to put them out. The solution is to respect their wishes to burn.
Concession noted
Imagine thinking a copy of your argument (i.e. Double_R's own argument) is a "concession".

You effectively think your own argument is so bad that it's a concession xD

If I were arguing for points I would engage and spend hours upon hours with you going through these studies line by line to show you why you don't know what you're talking about. I'm just not interested and wouldn't have the time of I was. I'm just not as obsessed with this topic as you are.
The fact is that you haven't made the arguments. The fact is that haven't provided the studies to make your points, nor have you engaged with all the research and  arguments I've provided. You're dropping points that are too potent to drop. You're walking back other arguments that weaken your case.

We all see through it.

You're reframing your laziness and ineptitude as a virtue.

Bottom line is that you don't have the counterarguments to contend with what I'm saying, so you have some bs excuse to save your face. 
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Kaitlyn
[Dropped by Double_R]
I've been through this same point with you at least half a dozen times. You know damn well what the trans community's wishes are, so it's bad enough that you're really sitting here pretending after all these weeks to not understand that, but to pretend you don't understand basic human nature is humiliating. Just stop.

Therefore, your insistence on "respect" being solely about "wishes" got blown out by the word "or" from my definition of respect: "due regard for the feelings, wishes, or rights of others".

And you even you seem to agree with this because you're now starting to refer to other aspects of respect.
This is what happens when you skim through looking for gotchas as opposed to reading what others actually wrote. Let's look at part of that first example again:

"yet not only is treating others how they wish to be treated literally the most basic form of respect that there is..."

The bold and especially the underlined already tell you that this isn't the only form. If it were, I wouldn't be calling it the most basic form because "most" means by definition that there are others.

I've rebuilt the context you deleted to show that you originally claimed that I don't respect their (transgender people's) rights.

I've already explained to you that that's not how respect works. Respecting someone 50% of the time and disrespecting them the other 50% does not qualify as "treating them with respect". So listing off ways that you are respecting someone does not negate the ways in which you are disrespecting them.

This is like arguing that you're not cheating on your spouse because sometimes you don't.

You're not being reasonable when you claim a researched, scientific point I've made is absurd
I'm not calling the "researched scientific point" absurd, I'm talking about trying to connect a researched scientific point to something that has nothing to do with science.

Science tells us what is, not what should.

Do we need to respect people who claim they can fly because they did so in a dream?
I don't understand what is so difficult about this to you.

"Fly" has an actual definition. It is an empirical action that we can judge other actions against to see whether they have this capability. Something or someone either can fly or they can't. That's objective.

When a man tells you they are born in the wrong body, that is not a disputable claim. Wrong is subjective, and is determined by the individual. You cannot tell someone else whether they were born in the right or wrong body, only they can decide how they feel about that for themselves.

These two things are not remotely the same. Do you understand that?

Explain to us how preventing a suicidal person from getting hold a gun to blow themselves away is "bigotry".

You can't.
Nor would I try to because I've never said anything remotely resembling this. But it was a nice strawman.

Your kind who allows...
I couldn't care less about your assessment of "my kind". Address what I've actually argued.

You do all this to look virtuous in front of your friends.
How silly. I don't have any friends here. Stop projecting.

This reassignment surgery is what you've argued for several times, so don't make your argument to be 'acknowledge them for who they identify as' when you're doing A LOT more (harm) than that.
These are completely different things.

I believe everyone should have the right to do what they wish with their own body. Cause you know, freedom. Something the political right used to pretend to care about.

That has nothing to with you or anything I'm advocating for with regards to how we should treat trans people.

The fact is that haven't provided the studies to make your points
Because my point is that you haven't met your burden of proof.

You're reframing your laziness and ineptitude as a virtue
You can call an unwillingness to sit here and go study by study, line by line with you for hours and hours on end laziness of that makes you feel better. Fact still remains that you haven't even connected the most basic dots your entire argument is sitting upon. This reminds me of arguing with theists trying to use the bible to prove that god exists and then calling me lazy because I'm unwilling to go passage by passage with them.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
There are. 
"Boys names" 
Andddddd.
"Girls names"  

Imagine being named ummm  " wrongly "    name dysphoria if you will . 
Like you are born a male and you got named Kevin.  
Butttttttt you feel like a female and are totally happy with your name Kevin. 
That doesn't happen EVERRRR

Actually i don't know what im trying to say here but. 

Trans people change there names. 
Thats odd right?

Imagine having this , what is it called again ?
" Gender dysphoria " 
Andddddddddddddddddddddddd. 
Not being happy with the name you were Given also. 
But you feel fine with your age and hight and shit. 

Orrrrrrrrrr

Imagine having  a nice looking fat 12 inch cock and having this gender dys

Imagine having / getting  gender dysphoria  in ya late 40s
Like all of a sudden.  

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Imagine having gender dysphoria. 
And ummmm " correcting " it , only to then get gender dysphoria again. 

This should occur alllllllll the time right ? 

NOT ONCE HAS IT. 
hehehe. 
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn
-->
@Double_R
[Dropped by Double_R]
I've been through this same point with you at least half a dozen times. You know damn well what the trans community's wishes are, so it's bad enough that you're really sitting here pretending after all these weeks to not understand that, but to pretend you don't understand basic human nature is humiliating. Just stop.
You've still dropped my point. I'll explain it simpler so that this time around you might understand.

You gave us the universal principle of 'respect other people's wishes'. That applies to *everyone*, not just transgender people. You need to defend this principle in regards to *everyone*, not just transgender people, elsewise it is not a universal principle. 

Also, we don't know the wishes of every transgender person before we ask them (as transgender people are individuals, and do not necessarily agree with the overarching 'trans community' -- whatever that is), so, even in specific regards to transgender people, your principle fails.

And you even you seem to agree with this because you're now starting to refer to other aspects of respect.
This is what happens when you skim through looking for gotchas as opposed to reading what others actually wrote. Let's look at part of that first example again:

"yet not only is treating others how they wish to be treated literally the most basic form of respect that there is..."

The bold and especially the underlined already tell you that this isn't the only form. If it were, I wouldn't be calling it the most basic form because "most" means by definition that there are others.
This is not what you meant and we can see that later from the same quote: "...Just ignore their wishes, that's literally all you got. That's by definition, the opposite of respect."

Here, you say that the opposite of respect is ignoring someone's wishes. Thus, you don't believe that respect is the is an optional, "most basic form" of respect. Rather, you believe that it is the "most basic form" of respect that is mandatory for respect.

We can also see what you believe in your other quote (that you failed to address at all): "Again, the most basic element of respect is to have regard for their wishes."
Again, you've argued that "respect" for "their wishes" is an integral, underlying aspect of respect that must be present in order for there to be respect.

Therefore, (1) respect isn't solely about wishes (despite you previously arguing it), and thus (2) it's possible to respect someone without adhering to their wishes (as shown by the "or" for my definition of respect).

I've already explained to you that that's not how respect works. Respecting someone 50% of the time and disrespecting them the other 50% does not qualify as "treating them with respect". So listing off ways that you are respecting someone does not negate the ways in which you are disrespecting them.

This is like arguing that you're not cheating on your spouse because sometimes you don't.
This is not analogous because cheating is dualistic, but respect is not. Respect, as you've learned thanks to me, is multifaceted and as not contingent on any of its components (regard for wishes, feelings or rights).

With cheating, you either cheat or you don't -- any amount of cheating counts as cheating.

With respect, it's possible to respect someone by having regard for their wishes, feelings or rights, whilst not having regard for all of those (hence "or"). For example, we can respect the feelings of children to hug them and tend to them when they're hurt, but not give into their wishes to have ice-cream every waking moment of their life, and still remain respectful overall. You don't get called 'disrespectful' for saying 'no' to a child asking for ice-cream.

Also, you arguing that it's "respectful" to give into every "wish" someone has leads to wild, insane conclusions. If a terrorist wished to blow up a shopping center, would it be disrespectful to call the police or bomb squad to thwart that wish of his/hers? 

You're not being reasonable when you claim a researched, scientific point I've made is absurd
I'm not calling the "researched scientific point" absurd, I'm talking about trying to connect a researched scientific point to something that has nothing to do with science.

Science tells us what is, not what should.
Again, I'm using the science as a premise to reach my conclusions.

Gender reassignment surgery doesn't lower the suicide rates to any meaningful degree. Therefore, it's probably not a good idea to perform irreversible, costly surgeries on people that don't help them.

Do we need to respect people who claim they can fly because they did so in a dream?
I don't understand what is so difficult about this to you.

"Fly" has an actual definition. It is an empirical action that we can judge other actions against to see whether they have this capability. Something or someone either can fly or they can't. That's objective.

When a man tells you they are born in the wrong body, that is not a disputable claim. Wrong is subjective, and is determined by the individual. You cannot tell someone else whether they were born in the right or wrong body, only they can decide how they feel about that for themselves.

These two things are not remotely the same. Do you understand that?
It is completely disputable and it's disputable with science. 

Transgender people don't have uniquely transgender brains (they're basically homosexual brains with mental disorders). Transgender people don't have their very high suicide rates lower *AFTER* transgender surgery. Most transgender teens simply grow out of their 'transgenderism' by the time they are adults Transgenderism: It's time to state the obvious - Washington Times Clearly, their body isn't the cause of their malaise.

It's objective that transgender people's feelings about being in the wrong body aren't based on reality, much like someone claiming to fly, because he/she did so in a dream, isn't based on reality either (even if he/she feels it was real, which he/she would have). Therefore, we should reject the wishes that extend from transgender people's feelings that are based on non-reality, and thereby label them as objectively wrong.

It's the false conception of reality that needs to be fixed; appeasing feelings, that are the product of a false reality, doesn't fix transgender people.

Don't start with this virtue-signaling nonsense.

You're quite a toxic person for enabling mentally ill people to harm themselves with irreversible gender reassignment surgery and self-described gender identities that don't fit reality at all.

You're the type of person to hand a suicidal person a gun as you say, 'I respect your wish for you to kill yourself', without even considering if they're mentally ill, if they've thought it through, if they're having a panic attack etc.

You can't.
Nor would I try to because I've never said anything remotely resembling this. But it was a nice strawman.
Merely stating 'strawman' isn't an effective argument. You need to explain how it was a strawman (which you can't because it wasn't).

You claimed that my argument was "bigotry". That was in response to me arguing that enabling mentally unstable people to do harmful things (i.e. giving a suicidal person a gun) was bad. Thus, it follows that you thought me arguing that we should prevent a suicidal person from getting of a gun was "bigotry".

These are completely different things.

I believe everyone should have the right to do what they wish with their own body. Cause you know, freedom. Something the political right used to pretend to care about.

That has nothing to with you or anything I'm advocating for with regards to how we should treat trans people.
This is not "completely different" and has everything to do with how we treat transgender people, and I'll briefly illustrate why:

Should transgender teenagers, who often simply grow out of transgenderism, have the "freedom" to perform basically irreversible transgender reassignment surgery, drastically altering their puberty and making it super hard to ever somewhat resemble their biological sex ever again? 

Your answer to this is currently yes. It's going to be a pretty miserable day for those 70-80% of transgender teens who simply grow out of puberty, but have inflicted permanent, unwanted damage on themselves because irresponsible, reckless virtue-signalers like you said 'hurr durr have ur freedom xD'.

That's a real, easily recognizable harmful impact of your 'freedom' stance, of which extends from your 'respect for wishes' principle.

This isn't even to get into the fact that transgenderism is a mental illness, and you're allowing people to harm themselves based on their feelings produced by their mental illness.

The fact is that haven't provided the studies to make your points
Because my point is that you haven't met your burden of proof.
Whether you think I've failed to meet my BoP is totally irrelevant to your failure to provide studies for your arguments.

You're making arguments as well. You're saying things like 'the research on transgender reassignment surgery is mixed'. You NEED to provide studies to make the points you're making. If you can't/won't, then your arguments don't have the necessary premises to make any of the arguments you're making.

You're reframing your laziness and ineptitude as a virtue
You can call an unwillingness to sit here and go study by study, line by line with you for hours and hours on end laziness of that makes you feel better. Fact still remains that you haven't even connected the most basic dots your entire argument is sitting upon. This reminds me of arguing with theists trying to use the bible to prove that god exists and then calling me lazy because I'm unwilling to go passage by passage with them.
You need to provide studies for the points you make.

It's that simple.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Cosmetic surgeries can be addictive, expensive, and life threatening.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Kaitlyn
In a debate, both sides should present evidence and arguments to support their positions, regardless of initial claims. While one side may have the burden of proof to establish their initial claim, it doesn't absolve the other side from providing evidence and logical reasoning to counter or challenge that claim.

A productive debate should involve the presentation of pertinent evidence, practical reasoning, and persuasive arguments from both sides. It is through this exchange of ideas backed with solid evidence that the strengths and weaknesses of each position can be evaluated.

Although the burden of proof typically lies with the party making a positive claim or assertion, when challenging a claim, it is much more effective to present counterarguments supported with evidence rather than solely relying on dismissing the opposing side's argument without substantiation or evidence.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
“Cleveland Clinic was at the forefront of modern medicine when it was first organized as a multi-specialty group practice in 1921. From a small outpatient clinic, it has grown to become the world’s first integrated international health system. With more than 65,000 caregivers worldwide, Cleveland Clinic has almost 6 million patient visits per year, at more than 200 locations”

“Being transgender (or trans, for short) isn't a mental health disorder. If you’re transgender, it means that you have a different gender identity than the one you were assigned at birth. (Gender identity is defined as the personal sense of one’s own gender.) The desire to convey your gender in the way you feel most authentic is a normal aspect of human expression”

For all the dummies out there like Fat ass Kaitlyn and SubTeach.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
The Society For Evidence-Based Gender Medicine (SEGM) is a non-profit organization that is known for opposing standards of care for transgender youth and engaging in political lobbying. The group routinely cites the theory of rapid-onset gender dysphoria and has claimed that conversion therapy can only be practiced on the basis of sexual orientation rather than gender identity.[1] SEGM opposes informed consent for transgender healthcare for people under the age of 25.[2] SEGM is often cited in anti-transgender legislation and court cases, sometimes providing evidence briefs themselves.[3][1] it is not officially recognized as a scientific organization by the international medical community.[4][2][5]

We can always count on SubTeach to spread misinformation with bogus sources.

Grats on bring a lonely loser. It’s Saturday night. Will you be drinking all alone in the dark again?
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn
-->
@Greyparrot
In a debate, both sides should present evidence and arguments to support their positions, regardless of initial claims. While one side may have the burden of proof to establish their initial claim, it doesn't absolve the other side from providing evidence and logical reasoning to counter or challenge that claim.

A productive debate should involve the presentation of pertinent evidence, practical reasoning, and persuasive arguments from both sides. It is through this exchange of ideas backed with solid evidence that the strengths and weaknesses of each position can be evaluated.

Although the burden of proof typically lies with the party making a positive claim or assertion, when challenging a claim, it is much more effective to present counterarguments supported by evidence rather than solely relying on dismissing the opposing side's argument without substantiation.
I agree with all of what you wrote and that's why I've sourced my claims wherever I make them, sometimes extensively: The transgenderism debate (debateart.com)

Meanwhile, Double_R makes a myriad of excuses for not providing sources, whilst making positive claims like this, "There are mixed findings on whether surgery is a legitimate solution because there are mixed results." The transgenderism debate (debateart.com) . It's not even that all his points are wrong, but that he simply won't defend them properly with sources (and he thinks he's justified in doing so).
Greyparrot
Greyparrot

World's Largest Pediatric Gender Clinic Shut Down Due To Poor Evidence, Risk of Harm and Operational Failures...

Treatment for gender dysphoria will be provided by established children's hospitals and will no longer be siloed under the "affirmative care" model

Grats on being a successful gay.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Kaitlyn
What 's your opinion on the Tavistock closure?
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
“Cleveland Clinic was at the forefront of modern medicine when it was first organized as a multi-specialty group practice in 1921. From a small outpatient clinic, it has grown to become the world’s first integrated international health system. With more than 65,000 caregivers worldwide, Cleveland Clinic has almost 6 million patient visits per year, at more than 200 locations”

“Being transgender (or trans, for short) isn't a mental health disorder. If you’re transgender, it means that you have a different gender identity than the one you were assigned at birth. (Gender identity is defined as the personal sense of one’s own gender.) The desire to convey your gender in the way you feel most authentic is a normal aspect of human expression”

For all the dummies out there like Fat ass Kaitlyn and SubTeach.
Great appeal to authority (authority of which failed to cite any studies/research/data to make their claims -- hardly an authority lol).

Go be a pivot-bot troll elsewhere, you disgusting laundry sniffer.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Kaitlyn
This isn't even to get into the fact that transgenderism is a mental illness, and you're allowing people to harm themselves based on their feelings produced by their mental illness.
That may be the opinion of the third rate doctors in your third rate country, but that is not the reality.