Is it okay to be White? A lot of Black Americans don't think so

Author: Kaitlyn

Total: 189
Kaitlyn
Debates: 0
Kaitlyn
Racial hatred of White people has been called into question recently after poll showed alarming results.

Black Americans were asked to agree or disagree with (1) It's okay to be White, and (2) Black people can be racist, too.

BLACK AMERICANS ONLY:

"It's okay to be white."53% agree, 26% disagree, 21% not sure

"Black people can be racist, too"76% of agree, 27% disagree, 8% not sure.

This shocked and upset people like cartoonist Scott Adams, who wasn't expecting to encounter such racial hatred of White people (you can see his shocked reaction here) Episode 2027 Scott Adams: AI Goes Woke, I Accidentally Joined A Hate Group, Trump, Policing Schools - YouTube . This inspired him to write a Dilbert comic that got him kind of cancelled Dilbert comic strip dropped after a racist rant by creator Scott Adams : NPR .

What do you think?

Is it okay to be White?
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
That's shocking 26% agree . I wouldn't even call blacks the most racist segment of the population even with that ridiculously high amount of blatant racism. 

White liberals are about 75% racist
Savant
Debates: 22
Savant
Largely because "It's ok to be white" is a political slogan used by people on the right, and we're so polarized right now that anything associated with the other side is immediately condemned. I wouldn't be surprised if a survey with statements like "Black lives matter" or "We should make America great" yielded a similar result. People will immediately associate the slogan with the movement.

Ask "Are all white people bad?" or "Are all black people bad?" and you'll get a very different outcome. People are stubborn and polarized, but most of them aren't racist in the way that you're thinking. And I know that's an unpopular thing to say.
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
-->
@Kaitlyn
BLACK AMERICANS ONLY:

"It's okay to be white."53% agree, 26% disagree, 21% not sure

"Black people can be racist, too"76% of agree, 27% disagree, 8% not sure.
That 26% pretty much represents the 20% of blacks on welfare, and the 6% of elitist blacks like Jadda Pinkett Smith, Lizzo, Whoopi Goldberg (Jewish Surname, no less), Al Sharpton, Jesse "Shakedown" Jackson, et al. Same goes for the 27%; they're the same peoples.

The double standard and clear racist divisiveness by the media and the left is quite clear. As Ben Shapiro points out here regarding the recent criminality and violence in Chicago, and how the media never reports on the race of the offender when they are BLACK, but always when they are WHITE on a black victim. 

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Kaitlyn
No more than one would expect.

Everyone discriminates in response to perceived differences.

It's a basic survival strategy.

Do "Black" people think that Chinese are Chinese coloured. Did anyone ask them how they discriminate in this instance.

Not that anyone is either black or white.

Just visibly distinguishable. 

At what point does very swarthy become black.

Probably never, because skin tone would have nothing to do with the discrimination criteria in this instance.

Interestingly, a lot of very swarthy people are in fact much darker than a lot of very light black people.

People are BRILLIANT.
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
That's shocking 26% agree .
And the 21% who are "not sure" aren't much better. At least there is a majority of Black Americans who think it's okay to be White.

I'm a White nationalist and I still think it's okay to be Black.

I wouldn't even call blacks the most racist segment of the population even with that ridiculously high amount of blatant racism. 

White liberals are about 75% racist
Yes, Black Americans certainly don't appear to be the most racially hateful.

Yes, White liberals seem to be quite racially hateful, but almost all of that racial hatred seems to be directed at White people. White liberals have quite an abnormal, pronounced out-group preference in regards to Whites:

-- various out-group/in-group biases of White people based on their political leaning 6a5544a488d6b38f055c7a60c70e113eb64ab748-2840x1262.jpg (1200×533) (b-cdn.net) 

I won't go into detail about White liberal racial hatred (not the topic of the thread), but that's certainly an easy one to cite and see.
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn
-->
@Savant
Largely because "It's ok to be white" is a political slogan used by people on the right
No, I don't agree that this is the whole narrative. It was used as a political slogan by people to unveil racial hatred of White people, and it's worked so perfectly that even a steady boomer like Scott Adams found it shocking that people would disagree with it. The whole point of it seemed to be that there are people out there that are so virulently hateful of White people that White people's mere existence isn't acceptable.

Even if we're more generous and in agreement with your interpretation of the slogan, so we say it is a ring-wing slogan, then we still have Black people who don't think it's okay for White people to form groups. That's still racial hatred.

we're so polarized right now that anything associated with the other side is immediately condemned.
Yes and no. A lot of people are still capable of critical thought. But sure, some people are so ideologically blind that any nuance acknowledged is seen as ground conceded to the other side.

I wouldn't be surprised if a survey with statements like "Black lives matter" or "We should make America great" yielded a similar result. People will immediately associate the slogan with the movement.
Perhaps, but we don't know for sure, unlike the results of this poll.

I'm a right-wing White nationalist and I think Black lives matter.

Ask "Are all white people bad?" or "Are all black people bad?" and you'll get a very different outcome. People are stubborn and polarized, but most of them aren't racist in the way that you're thinking. And I know that's an unpopular thing to say.
Again, we don't know for sure about those questions.

The poll is absolutely indicative of racial hatred of White people. I don't have to be a Black supremacist to agree that Black lives matter, hell I don't even need to support the political movement (BLM) to agree that Black lives matter. If you're a Black American and can't see the nuance there, in order to separate whatever you think the slogan is from a literal statement, you probably just hate White people anyway.
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn
-->
@TWS1405_2
BLACK AMERICANS ONLY:

That 26% pretty much represents the 20% of blacks on welfare, and the 6% of elitist blacks like Jadda Pinkett Smith, Lizzo, Whoopi Goldberg (Jewish Surname, no less), Al Sharpton, Jesse "Shakedown" Jackson, et al. Same goes for the 27%; they're the same peoples.
We don't know for sure, but it's possible that explains the 27%.

The double standard and clear racist divisiveness by the media and the left is quite clear. As Ben Shapiro points out here regarding the recent criminality and violence in Chicago, and how the media never reports on the race of the offender when they are BLACK, but always when they are WHITE on a black victim. 
It's worthy of its own thread: how untrustable the (legacy) media is.
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
Its not like I chose to be born white, and its not like I can change it.

So if its not okay, what can I do to be less white?
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn
-->
@zedvictor4
No more than one would expect.

Everyone discriminates in response to perceived differences.

It's a basic survival strategy.
There's a difference between preferring your own kind, and preferring that other kinds wouldn't exist at all. 

Do "Black" people think that Chinese are Chinese coloured. Did anyone ask them how they discriminate in this instance.
I've never seen a study/poll on that question, and I've never asked a Black person that question.

Not that anyone is either black or white.

Just visibly distinguishable. 

At what point does very swarthy become black.

Probably never, because skin tone would have nothing to do with the discrimination criteria in this instance.

Interestingly, a lot of very swarthy people are in fact much darker than a lot of very light black people.
This is the old and debunked to death continuum fallacy. "Black" and "White" are colloquial racial distinctions that denote genetic differences. Yes, when deciding whether particular mixed race people, it can sometimes become quite difficult to determine race, just like it's difficult to determine the difference between shades of red and orange that exist near the middle of those two colors. That doesn't mean we can never make distinctions between any colors at all, and analogously, that also doesn't mean we can never make distinctions between different races of people.

This understanding is backed by the science, as long as you have test for sufficient loci/SNPs (usually around 60. 100-160 makes it far clearer), you can even start to see distinct humans races when K = 3 (i.e. White, Black, Asian) Human population genetic structure and inference of group membership - PubMed (nih.gov) 

And no, they're not just "visibly distinguishable". They are phenotypically different, even at the skin color level (since skin is literally a hormone, not a functionless adornment).
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn
-->
@Best.Korea
Its not like I chose to be born white, and its not like I can change it.

That's a great question of which I would love to be answered by the 26% of Black Americans who disagreed with the poll question.

Although, if they're honest, I think we already know what the answer would be...

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06

OK, How about asking them "Is this really how you feel about this topic?". Most people don't see what is wrong with the statement "A doctor a day keeps an apple away" until the second time looking at it, why would you think otherwise in a topic that is widely stereotypical in a stereotypical group of people?

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Best.Korea
Bathe yourself in ink or black paint or coal. Dunno how unhealthy but you will definitely be less white.

Or just tan in the sun I guess. That way you will achieve a hue not much dissimilar to Donald J. "the orange" Trump.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Kaitlyn
If only physiological complexity were the be all and end all of it.

As I suggested, the rapid analysis of incoming data is a base survival strategy, doesn't matter who is analysing who.

Extended analysis and secondary conceptualisation is where the thoughtful discrimination arises from.

You are not a threat, but hang on we are black and you are white and so 400 years ago etc.

Everything and nothing to do with genetic differences.

Overthink is the human condition, it can seemingly be problematic, but of course it might actually be essential.

Time will tell.

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Best.Korea
I thought asians were yellow. 🤔
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
I think it's a natural reaction to the racism against black people that still exists in american society. There is no other explanation.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@IlDiavolo
Some white people have been racist towards black people.
Thats why its natural response for black people to think its wrong for me to be white.

Well, okay. I would paint myself black, but that would be cultural appropriation, so I cant.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Also, wouldnt trying to be less white mean that I am racist against my own race?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@IlDiavolo
Well, it's an acquired reaction, which is undoubtedly a natural reaction.

Though to be fair, a lot of people are more considerate than we give them credit for.

In discussions such as this we tend to focus on the inconsiderate.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Best.Korea
You're not white, you're yellow. 😁
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@IlDiavolo
I dont think so. I am more white than most whites. I am as pale as a zombie.
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@IlDiavolo
I think it's a natural reaction to the racism against black people that still exists in american society. There is no other explanation.
So much racism against blacks in America in fact that if you bring up crime statistics you are banned off of social media sites and people call your job and try to have you fired. 
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Yeah, I know woke community is trying to fix it the wrong way, but you can't deny the racism against blacks. I've just seen in the news that a black boy was shot in the head by a white old man just for knocking his door.

I also know there are towns where blacks are not welcomed. I've never seen that in Latinamerica.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@IlDiavolo
Mid-Day News - SNL
Bella3sp
Debates: 53
Bella3sp
Is it okay to be white? What do you want them to do, pull a reverse Micheal Jackson?

Simply, its not a choice.
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn
-->
@IlDiavolo
Yeah, I know woke community is trying to fix it the wrong way, but you can't deny the racism against blacks.
It's certainly possible to be racially hateful of Black people.

However, it's often the case that perceived instances of racial hatred are better explained by genetics or cognitive biases. 

We need to not fall into the trap of seeing racial hatred where there is none.
Platypi
Debates: 1
Platypi
I don't believe in races.  So, if I answered "no, it's not okay" does that really inform you of my view about races?
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn
-->
@Platypi
I don't believe in races. 
Lol.

Humans races exist whether you "believe" in them or not.
Bella3sp
Debates: 53
Bella3sp
-->
@Platypi
I'm 💀..
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Kaitlyn
It's reasonable to assume that humans exist.

Though race is an abstract concept derived from subjective processing in response to varying incoming stimuli.

So it's just as reasonable for Platypi to not believe, as it is for you to believe.

You do not have the monopoly on thought labelling.